Yeah, just do a search for "go launcher" and it will all pop up. They have widgets for everything, calendar, contacts, etc. the list is long for sure. And Themes galore!
    I have found the best apps will show up on the first page in a search. Read reviews and make your selection. Each shows the number of downloads for popularity sake.
    I hope go launcher is tablet friendly for you, because you'll like it.
    Let me know if I can be of any more help. I know this is a BB forum and the queen hates android so pm if you prefer. Enjoy!!
    I like Launcher Pro. You can choose how may screens you have (although I'm not sure if there is a minimum number) up to seven. I'm going to have to check on Go Launcher and see what it's like. Themes just aren't like they are with the BBs, very inferior IMO. But maybe I'm missing something.
    11-23-11 01:32 PM
    I like Launcher Pro. You can choose how may screens you have (although I'm not sure if there is a minimum number) up to seven. I'm going to have to check on Go Launcher and see what it's like. Themes just aren't like they are with the BBs, very inferior IMO. But maybe I'm missing something.
    Yeah, LP is another good one. I keep a few in a file and swap back and forth, but always seem to come back to Go.
    They have the best themes imo, but regarding that, I use the theme for it's functionality and just put my own wallpaper over it. For instance Go has a really nice calendar widget that comes with ICS pro. I'm finding icons can be interchangeable between themes as well. Tons of options which keeps it interesting.
    11-23-11 03:13 PM
    I think you have it wrong Jim. I hate people who TALK about Androids like they are better for me. Not the androids themselves. Besides. I have what I want. My NC does exactly what I want it to now without rooting.

So please don't let me stop anyone from talking about what they want to.
    Glad to hear you're liking your NC. I've looked at alot of tabs and never saw an attraction for me. When traveling maybe, but the laptop is easy enough to tote along and gives me a real KB. I see the PB is going down to $199 now.

I think it's great all the choices we have and if everyone has what works for them, even better. I do find it interesting how so many folks need the latest(ie. razr to name one)
    Bottom line: There will always be something else coming out next month anyway.
    Maybe we need a phone of the month club.
    11-23-11 03:24 PM
    I have go launcher ex downloaded and I really like it. Very smooth.

sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    11-23-11 04:31 PM
    Nothing android has can come close to bb themes.

11-23-11 04:33 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving to Ramblers current and former; wherever they may be!

I see that RIM is offering NOBEX radio as a free app. I have the paid TuneIn Radio which I love. TuneIn was a favorite of mine because it was able to play my local stations using GPS, it would find the local stations and I could listen to my dad who has a spot on a local station every morning. But the local station must have changed their stream properties because I can't make it play anymore with TuneIn. Was wondering if anyone uses Nobex currently?

I just may download it and try myself to see. I love having streaming music at my desk in the am when it is slow. Especially at holiday time! Of course, I also use it to listen to ESPN radio and I even ditched my dedicated ESPN app in favor of TuneIn. TuneIn also lets you record what you listen to and save it to your card for playback again later.

If anyone tries NOBEX, please post. If not, I will try myself and post for you.It's a 10 dollar app for free, I ought to give it a shot.
    11-24-11 08:27 AM
    Morning and Happy Turkey Day!!

Jaydee...I haven't tried any of the radio apps I don't really listen to music on my bb
    We talked about this remember? Maybe I will start now that I have ordered my extra battery
    Let me know which one I should get

Paul, Peter, Runkle....Keep us informed on how you fare with the 9930. I'm curious if any of you are experiencing the issues that people are posting about. Mainly the bricking?
    Thanks!!
    11-24-11 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the "tune in" tip Jaydee. Got it on and it works great. Pretty sweet app.
    11-24-11 10:40 AM
    Morning and Happy Turkey Day!!

Jaydee...I haven't tried any of the radio apps I don't really listen to music on my bb
    We talked about this remember? Maybe I will start now that I have ordered my extra battery
    Let me know which one I should get

Paul, Peter, Runkle....Keep us informed on how you fare with the 9930. I'm curious if any of you are experiencing the issues that people are posting about. Mainly the bricking?
    Thanks!!
    I'm afraid to stream audio anymore, since I don't want the data stream to get throttled. I'd been using the Sirius-XM app and would like to have tried the NFL app until Big Red threatened to stop up the data pipe. It's sad when you're afraid to use the service that you've paid for.

On to better thoughts.

My wife has had her 9930 since the end of August. She had an issue with the stock battery a few weeks back though. It wouldn't take a charge from any of three different sources. I left her a spare which seems to be charging and discharging just fine, but I have to wonder if any of the bricking issues could be caused by the battery? Her phone was completely dead, except for the blinking red LED when it was connected to power but not charging.

She installed the new fully-charged battery and it's been running great since. To be fair, I suppose it could have been software-related, but her reboot/battery pull coincided with the battery replacement, so I can't tell for sure. I'd read of some people having trouble with the early lots of stock batteries. Perhaps this was one? Her stock battery was Japanese and manufactured in March, whereas the replacement was Korean and manufactured in June.

I've been using my 9930 for about four weeks now. No issues. I'd like better battery life, but it's livable. I'm getting a discharge rate just over 6%, and I can get through the day with similar usage to what I had on my 9650. I miss the 40% reserve power at the end of the day like I used to have. Oh well -- smaller battery doing more. No surprise there.

Oh, and both phones are Mexican (5). Hers was built in August, mine in October.

I've seen a few hybrids from the OSBB guys. Their newest one is supposed to be really good on power usage. I'm not sure I want to install it because aside from the so-so battery life, this 9930 is running so well. Life is full of difficult choices.

Hope this helps, Hamster.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-24-11 at 12:22 PM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    11-24-11 12:03 PM
    I'm afraid to stream audio anymore, since I don't want the data stream to get throttled. I'd been using the Sirius-XM app and would like to have tried the NFL app until Big Red threatened to stop up the data pipe. It's sad when you're afraid to use the service that you've paid for.

On to better thoughts.

My wife has had her 9930 since the end of August. She had an issue with the stock battery a few weeks back though. It wouldn't take a charge from any of three different sources. I left her a spare which seems to be charging and discharging just fine, but I have to wonder if any of the bricking issues could be caused by the battery? Her phone was completely dead, except for the blinking red LED when it was connected to power but not charging.

She installed the new fully-charged battery and it's been running great since. To be fair, I suppose it could have been software-related, but her reboot/battery pull coincided with the battery replacement, so I can't tell for sure. I'd read of some people having trouble with the early lots of stock batteries. Perhaps this was one? Her stock battery was Japanese and manufactured in March, whereas the replacement was Korean and manufactured in June.

I've been using my 9930 for about four weeks now. No issues. I'd like better battery life, but it's livable. I'm getting a discharge rate just over 6%, and I can get through the day with similar usage to what I had on my 9650. I miss the 40% reserve power at the end of the day like I used to have. Oh well -- smaller battery doing more. No surprise there.

Oh, and both phones are Mexican (5). Hers was built in August, mine in October.

I've seen a few hybrids from the OSBB guys. Their newest one is supposed to be really good on power usage. I'm not sure I want to install it because aside from the so-so battery life, this 9930 is running so well. Life is full of difficult choices.

Hope this helps, Hamster.
    Thanks, and yes it does. I know a lot of people are not having issues, but wanted to know from those I know personally, and who would give an unbiased view

Hopefully by the time I get mine, the builds and os will have settled down and mine will be perfect from the get go
    11-24-11 01:19 PM
    Well I tried NOBEX for free from RIM and decided that I like TuneIn Pro more...no surprise. I just wish my local stream was better for that one station I want but maybe there is a way around it. I have the info on it so I will write to Alex and maybe he can add it to the app. I deleted Nobex btw.

No need for two apps doing the same thing. I don't think I could live without streaming music. I listen to Christmas music 24/7..
    11-25-11 07:37 PM
    Well I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. Hope everybody gave thanks for all that we have been blessed with.

11-26-11 11:58 AM
    I'm afraid to stream audio anymore, since I don't want the data stream to get throttled. Is Verizon actually slowing the data down after so much ? Just don't see how they can if u have unlimited data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 01:15 PM
    Yes, they do. Ask Jim. They don't block access to your data allowance. They can, however, slow it down. In that way, they're not violating their TOS. There is no guarantee of a specific data transfer rate. You'll still get the unlimited data you're paying for. It'll just take you longer to use it. They push the data-hog apps, and then stop up the pipe. Go figure.
    11-26-11 01:48 PM
    Lol. About right. Thanks.

11-26-11 02:09 PM
    Hamster, I have had good luck with the 9930. Mine was a Mexican build but so far no issues. The battery life is not as good as my 9650 but I can still get through the day without any problems. Then again, I am not a heavy user. I had my reservations about the touch screen and touch pad. The touch screen has grown on me. I am glad I have both options. The keyboard is great. I thoroughly enjoy the larger keys considering my limited typing skills. I am using the verizon 374 OS and have no plans to use a hybrid yet. To date, I am very glad I made the purchase.
    11-26-11 04:31 PM
    Yes, they do. Ask Jim. They don't block access to your data allowance. They can, however, slow it down. In that way, they're not violating their TOS. There is no guarantee of a specific data transfer rate. You'll still get the unlimited data you're paying for. It'll just take you longer to use it. They push the data-hog apps, and then stop up the pipe. Go figure.
    Yep, I was throttled right when they started that up. It hasn't happened since tho, but my usage has been lower lately. It will pick up again soon, just me being busy.
    I was reading where folks with 4G devices can use as much as they want with full speeds and no throttling. Unlimited hotspot data. One guy was bragging about using 60GB as normal every month. I guess Verizon really wants people to buy the new devices. Kind of discriminatory if you ask me and not at all fair. Unlimited hotspots are not even offered on 3G devices. You read everywhere , Europe also how service providers are dealing with a limited resource in spectrum and need to have tiered pricing. I thought about getting a 4G device just to jump on the unlimited hotspot option, but it's not going to be where I'm moving soon and "Big Red" may put the kibosh to it anyway once to many data hogs get a hold of it.
    If Jaydee chimes in later maybe she'll tell us how much data it takes to stream Christmas music 24/7. I've been using "tune in" a little bit and do notice battery dropping faster, I'm sure this can relate to increased data use. getting throttled is not fun. Pete, you can count me as one of the amazed wonderers regarding verizon pushing data heavy apps and then cutting us off at the knees for going over. Pretty hypocritical. Unlimited data....the new oxymoron, by Big Dred.
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-26-11 at 11:34 PM.
    11-26-11 05:35 PM
    Yep, I was throttled right when they started that up. It hasn't happened since tho, but my usage has been lower lately. It will pick up again soon, just me being busy.
    I was reading where folks with 4G devices can use as much as they want with full speeds and no throttling. Unlimited hotspot data. One guy was bragging about using 60GB as normal every month. I guess Verizon really wants people to buy the new devices. Kind of discriminatory if you ask me and not at all fair. Unlimited hotspots are not even offered on 3G devices. You read everywhere , Europe also how service providers are dealing with a limited resource in spectrum and need to have tiered pricing. I thought about getting a 4G device just to jump on the unlimited hotspot option, but it's not going to be where I'm moving soon and "Big Red" may put the kibosh to it anyway once to many data hogs get a hold of it.
    If Jaydee chimes in later maybe she'll tell us how much data it takes to stream Christmas music 24/7.

11-26-11 06:42 PM
    I have never been "throttled down". How would I know anyway? I have always had access to 3G service and my phone works no matter where I am. What would show you are getting less bandwidth? And how noticible is it? If you are not getting charged for overages anyway?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-27-11 07:19 AM
    Good Question. Unless u did a speedtest on it ever so often. I don't nnow.

11-27-11 07:47 AM
    I have never been "throttled down". How would I know anyway? I have always had access to 3G service and my phone works no matter where I am. What would show you are getting less bandwidth? And how noticible is it? If you are not getting charged for overages anyway?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    I was just curious since you use tune in if you ever check your data usage on your my Verizon site. I'm wondering how data intensive it is. I generally average around 2.5GB myself not using it. As for being throttled, you'll def know if it happens.
    11-27-11 09:16 AM
    I was just curious since you use tune in if you ever check your data usage on your my Verizon site. I'm wondering how data intensive it is. I generally average around 2.5GB myself not using it. As for being throttled, you'll def know if it happens.
    I've heard that.

For Jim, I've read that the throttling will only occur if the cell towers to which you're connected are saturated and only for the busiest times of the day. According to VZW, if you connect to different towers, you may or may not be throttled depending on usage. Is that true? Or are you throttled continuously?
    11-27-11 10:51 AM
    In November I used half a GB. By far my highest usage.
    I will see what happens for the next billing cycle which coincided with holiday music and will end somewhat before xmas. I don't really use any web data as I use my laptops for that.

I never get close to 2 GB
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-27-11 at 11:26 AM.
    11-27-11 11:21 AM
    I've heard that.

For Jim, I've read that the throttling will only occur if the cell towers to which you're connected are saturated and only for the busiest times of the day. According to VZW, if you connect to different towers, you may or may not be throttled depending on usage. Is that true? Or are you throttled continuously?
    Yes, we probably read the same report from their site. I was only throttled for 3 days and late at nite it stopped, so only during busy times. On the surface it does not seem to bad as perhaps it will be isolated incidents. As I reported back then I was over by 100MB and my speeds dropped at the start of their implementing it. After my cycle renewed (about 3days)it was fine again. I'm in the same house as I have been in since I got Verizon some years ago and always had great speeds so I don't think it was coincidence a tower had some issue for exactly that time frame. I did a speed test then and had a bit less than a MB which is pretty slow. I further read on Verizons site that for anybody who needed consistant "normal" speeds they should upgrade their plan to one of the tiered with a higher limit(ala 60 to 80 bucks a month for data alone)or they could upgrade their device to a 4G which was not restricted by throttling and even offered unlimited for the grandfathered users. Seems to me a blatant grab for more money by Verizon.

But , thats not my concern at the moment, it's more how much data these data heavier apps use and I completely agree it's Verizons cash grab again going for the user who wants NFL or something else and then needs a more expensive plan to facilitate that.
    So thats why I asked what the data consumption of "tune in" is if someone uses it alot. Jaydee seems to use it quite a bit so was merely wondering what her monthly data usage was. Throttling may never occur where she's located since as you said it needs to happen when more tower space is required at that time.
    I think it's a dirty trick tho for Verizon to push the apps that use alot to the unsuspecting masses who know not what they're doing. I get tons of notices from them to use and upgrade their stupid data heavy Verizon apps. They were being pushed to my phone(android is famous for this)but I found a way around it so it stopped.
    When I get settled in Oregon I'll have a whole new experience with Verizon. #1 I'm wondering if I can keep my work discount from the job I retired from 18 months ago. Think they'll wonder why my phone consistantly uses the towers 1200 miles away from my former job.
    Jaydee, I see your post, thanks. we crossed in cyberland.
    11-27-11 11:42 AM
    So by throttled, you mean slower speeds. And I would notice that by: bbms taking longer to go through? Slower web page redraws? what else? I will have to keep an eye on these things but I don't think I ever get close enough for VZW to care what I'm doing.
    11-27-11 12:15 PM
23,186 ... 688689690691692 ...