Are they good to eat ? Can u believe JayDee doesn't like mountain oysters ?

sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    JayDee doesn't like mountain oysters???? That's just crazy!!!

Have fun with your 9930 Paul. I sure like mine so far! OS 374 came loaded on mine. As far as I know, it is the most recent official release. I have not seen any hybrids yet. My only problem with the 9930 was when I tried to delete some of the social stuff like facebook, google talk, twitter etc. I got a "517" error. RIM knows about it because they have an instruction page for taking care of it (simply re-install the os).

For those considering the 9930, give it a try.

Thanksgiving is near. I want to thank all of you for your wise words, support and help over the past year. The Ramblers are the best bunch on crackberry. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    Here's a great hybrid for you. http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-7-1-a-668420/
    11-21-11 03:06 PM
    Are they good to eat ? Can u believe JayDee doesn't like mountain oysters ?

I guess I forgot to answer your question. I have a few recipes for them, but I think most people catch and release. The lake I'm fishing has a 48" limit and those are hard to catch so we will see.
    11-21-11 03:42 PM
    I guess I forgot to answer your question. I have a few recipes for them, but I think most people catch and release. The lake I'm fishing has a 48" limit and those are hard to catch so we will see.
    Ok. Good luck and don't let them break ur line.

11-21-11 04:02 PM
    Midd, any big advantages to the hybrid over the straight 374?
    11-21-11 04:21 PM
    Ok. Good luck and don't let them break ur line.

I'm using 65lb test with a 20" 100lb steel leader (they have big nasty teeth). I'm ready!
    11-21-11 04:50 PM
    Faster, smoother, better battery life, and eliminates the crashes and reboots. I'm still using a 9650 so I'm just going on what the guys testing it said.
    11-21-11 04:53 PM
    Sorry to hear Paul. A Def pita right outta the box. FWIW, all 6 I tried in store had that issue. Really put me off. Hope your next is better.
    Got it replaced at the store. I was expecting a big hassle, and it couldn't have been easier. Other than the enter key being a little mushy, I'm happy with the new new one.
    jaydee5799 and hamsterwheel like this.
    11-21-11 08:23 PM
    For me? Did you miss the post where I pissed all the OSBS kids off? lmao
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-21-11 08:24 PM
    For me? Did you miss the post where I pissed all the OSBS kids off? lmao
    I missed that one. Who haven't you pissed off at one time or another?
    underway99 and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-21-11 08:56 PM
    Faster, smoother, better battery life, and eliminates the crashes and reboots. I'm still using a 9650 so I'm just going on what the guys testing it said.
    I've downloaded it, but I'm still on the fence as to installing the hybrid. My 9930 runs so well right now that I'm afraid to f**k with it. My only issue is that the battery life could be better, but I get a full day out of it with the same use that I had on my 9650. I can't really complain.
    11-21-11 09:01 PM
    I've downloaded it, but I'm still on the fence as to installing the hybrid. My 9930 runs so well right now that I'm afraid to f**k with it. My only issue is that the battery life could be better, but I get a full day out of it with the same use that I had on my 9650. I can't really complain.
    The battery life is what most of the guys say is the best part of the hybrid. But I agree if you're not having issues you don't need to mess with it.
    11-21-11 09:13 PM
    The battery life is what most of the guys say is the best part of the hybrid. But I agree if you're not having issues you don't need to mess with it.
    Likewise, I have a good friend who just bought a 9900 on ATT. He absolutely loves the phone but says the battery life is a bit lacking. Only drawback that he can see. Are there any extended batteries in the works do you think? I use the extended one on my 9650 all the time (I have since I bought it) and I wouldn't be without the extended.
    11-22-11 06:16 AM
    I would think Seidio should have an extended battery out sometime soon. They would make a killing. I am hearing reports of the hybrids for both the 9930 and 9900 giving the phones about 5-8 ADR. Not too bad.
    11-22-11 06:52 AM
    I missed that one. Who haven't you pissed off at one time or another?
    The best part was that the OSBS crowd came to the thread where I made the comment, which was directly related to the OP, and hijacked the thread with posts defending their copy and paste "skills", and how many downloads they get for each one.

They made sure to tell me even some of the mods here down load them. All I could think of in repsonse to that, is what Archie Bunker would say:

Whooop-deee-dooo
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-22-11 at 07:44 AM.
    11-22-11 07:42 AM
    Sorry to hear Paul. A Def pita right outta the box. FWIW, all 6 I tried in store had that issue. Really put me off. Hope your next is better.
    How do you spell Made In Mexico with a "J"?????

Junk! RIM needs to stop assembling in Mexico, you'd think they'd have learned by now. They must enjoy running up the warranty expense on the P&L.
    11-22-11 07:46 AM
    Jaydee, the first nugget I thought I'd post for you is how to bypass using Bing as the default search engine in the BB7 browser:

You can change the search behavior to use Google. Go in to options (in browser) and manage search engines. Add Google and put in:

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=%s

Then your address bar searches go through Google.
    hamsterwheel and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-22-11 10:09 AM
    How do you spell Made In Mexico with a "J"?????

Junk! RIM needs to stop assembling in Mexico, you'd think they'd have learned by now. They must enjoy running up the warranty expense on the P&L.
    How true, but one wonders if their bottom line is salvaged by the cheaper labor costs versus the number of returned units. It's almost better to hang on to a solid unit no matter what, than take the pita risk of upgrading. It's too bad phones can't be built to lastand just keep updating the software.
    11-22-11 11:11 AM
    How true, but one wonders if their bottom line is salvaged by the cheaper labor costs versus the number of returned units. It's almost better to hang on to a solid unit no matter what, than take the pita risk of upgrading. It's too bad phones can't be built to lastand just keep updating the software.
    If you ask me they're not salvaging much with the "cheap" labor. Their reputation (what's left of it anyway) is being destroyed by line workers that can't read the letters on the keys. They should stick to Hungary and Canada assembly; those units seem to have better build quality.
    11-22-11 12:16 PM
    Hey everyone!

Wanted to say that I finally rooted my NC! Thanks to Midd and the simple instructions, I know have a full fledged android tablet. So far there is a lot to learn about this, and I can tell you that I will not be getting a droid phone. It all seems so complicated to set up, with the gazillion screens, widgets, launchers etc....It's ok for tablet, but not my thing for a phone.

BB is so much more simpler to use...I don't understand what the fuss is about. Other than browsing which anything right now is better than bb

So, I am so wanting the 9930 I wonder if I can find a good deal on Ebay? I wouldn't even mind trying the 9850 buttons an all

How's the new phone, Paul? (sorry for the NC comments, but just had to tell someone)

Carry on about Essex and Montana now
    11-23-11 12:21 PM
    a droid phone. It all seems so complicated to set up, with the gazillion screens, widgets, launchers etc....It's ok for tablet, but not my thing for a phone.
    I don't care for all the screens either. I use either one or two depending on what I need to be available. There are very excellent 3rd party apps that allow you to change your whole interface and delete as many screens as you want. Much better than the stock UI.
    Not necessary to be rooted. See if you can load the "go launcher" onto your tablet and give it a spin. Not sure if it's tablet friendly or not, but it is one of the best (UI) launchers out there. best part is it's free for the basic app. You like themes?? There are an absolute ton of themes for the "go launcher" 90% are free. Give it a shot while your waiting on a 9930.
    Also, I heard there are black friday sales on Verizon stuff, maybe BB's. Check it out.
    11-23-11 12:33 PM
    I don't care for all the screens either. I use either one or two depending on what I need to be available. There are very excellent 3rd party apps that allow you to change your whole interface and delete as many screens as you want. Much better than the stock UI.
    Not necessary to be rooted. See if you can load the "go launcher" onto your tablet and give it a spin. Not sure if it's tablet friendly or not, but it is one of the best (UI) launchers out there. best part is it's free for the basic app. You like themes?? There are an absolute ton of themes for the "go launcher" 90% are free. Give it a shot while your waiting on a 9930.
    Also, I heard there are black friday sales on Verizon stuff, maybe BB's. Check it out.
    Hey Jim, ok thanks for the suggestion...my head was spinning with the size of the market. Didn't know where to begin. That's what I wanted - to change the theme and look of the home screen. So I need go launcher first, and then get the themes to run on that? what about the clock and date and weather widgets? Is that included in the theme? See - so complicated

oh I will be checking vzw for sure
    11-23-11 12:38 PM
    Yeah, just do a search for "go launcher" and it will all pop up. They have widgets for everything, calendar, contacts, etc. the list is long for sure. And Themes galore!
    I have found the best apps will show up on the first page in a search. Read reviews and make your selection. Each shows the number of downloads for popularity sake.
    I hope go launcher is tablet friendly for you, because you'll like it.
    Let me know if I can be of any more help. I know this is a BB forum and the queen hates android so pm if you prefer. Enjoy!!
    11-23-11 12:46 PM
    Yeah, just do a search for "go launcher" and it will all pop up. They have widgets for everything, calendar, contacts, etc. the list is long for sure. And Themes galore!
    I have found the best apps will show up on the first page in a search. Read reviews and make your selection. Each shows the number of downloads for popularity sake.
    I hope go launcher is tablet friendly for you, because you'll like it.
    Let me know if I can be of any more help. I know this is a BB forum and the queen hates android so pm if you prefer. Enjoy!!
    Ok, will do Thanks
    11-23-11 12:57 PM
    I know this is a BB forum and the queen hates android so pm if you prefer. Enjoy!!
    I think you have it wrong Jim. I hate people who TALK about Androids like they are better for me. Not the androids themselves. Besides. I have what I want. My NC does exactly what I want it to now without rooting.

So please don't let me stop anyone from talking about what they want to.
    11-23-11 01:08 PM
    So, I am so wanting the 9930 I wonder if I can find a good deal on Ebay? I wouldn't even mind trying the 9850 buttons an all

How's the new phone, Paul? (sorry for the NC comments, but just had to tell someone)

Carry on about Essex and Montana now
    I like the Bold Touch. The screen is amazing, reboots take less than a minute. My talked me into getting Angry Farm and now he won't put it down.

Lol about the NC comment disclaimer
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    11-23-11 01:16 PM
23,186 ... 687688689690691 ...