'Bout time Paul. You've been wanting it awhile. I know your plan was holding you back. As we used to say back in the day, "Far out man"!
    11-17-11 10:19 PM
    Well kids, patience pays off. I called VZW today to make some changes to my acocunt, and the rep went over upgrade options with me (sell, sell, sell right??). Apparently VZW kicked up my NE2 credit at some point recently, and the price of the 9930 has come down a bit. That said, I ordered the 9930 today and the best part is my $15 data plan remains in tact!

Should be here Monday!
    Nice! I'm so envious!
    11-17-11 11:20 PM
    Well kids, patience pays off. I called VZW today to make some changes to my acocunt, and the rep went over upgrade options with me (sell, sell, sell right??). Apparently VZW kicked up my NE2 credit at some point recently, and the price of the 9930 has come down a bit. That said, I ordered the 9930 today and the best part is my $15 data plan remains in tact!

Should be here Monday!
    Woot! Awesome! I'm so wanting this myself but damn don't have an upgrade coming until August next year Tho the VZW rep had told me I could still get an annual upgrade cuz I'm apparently still eligible (they've gotten rid of this option since last year)....still would have to pay half retail

Now my dad wants to get me an iPhone since he has one. I told him give me the cash
    11-18-11 07:06 AM
    I told him give me the cash
    Hey! Tell your dad to give ME the cash tooooooooooo!!!!!

Now that Paul is getting his 9930, I am thinking I won't be far behind in February.
    11-18-11 08:09 AM
    Ugh! I should have made VZW upgrade the free 2-day shipping to free overnight shipping. It's going to be a long weekend. I guess I'll start getting the box, charging pods, spare batteries, etc rounded up and some pics taken for the CB Marketplace.

And yes jaydee, I'll be sure to pass along whatever tidbits of Bold 9930 wisdom I gather up between now and February.

'Bout time Paul. You've been wanting it awhile. I know your plan was holding you back. As we used to say back in the day, "Far out man"!
    Tell me about it, 17 months with the same BlackBerry is the longest I've ever gone in the 3 years that I've had BlackBerries. This made all the difference:

FREE VZW MSG-DO NOT REPLY: Thank you for upgrading your phone! Your $15 150MB data package has been retained.
    Lol, I made them put it in writing!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-18-11 at 09:14 AM.
    11-18-11 09:07 AM
    Just got the text msg from VZW offering me the $20/300MB data plan. Going to call and grab that, then I can go back to using Poynt, just in time for my trip to NYC.
    11-18-11 10:08 AM
    Hey! Did anyone else load up the new BBM 6.1? I did last night and after a dew battery pulls it is working great! I love the ability to change chat color and the new emoticons! There is also the ability to use animated gifs as avys, which is cute as well! And longer status messages up to 160 chars. Yay! Seems to be working well for me so if you haven't tried it yet, go to Beta zone and download.
    11-18-11 10:38 AM
    Hey! Did anyone else load up the new BBM 6.1? I did last night and after a dew battery pulls it is working great! I love the ability to change chat color and the new emoticons! There is also the ability to use animated gifs as avys, which is cute as well! And longer status messages up to 160 chars. Yay! Seems to be working well for me so if you haven't tried it yet, go to Beta zone and download.
    Glad to hear it's working better for you now. I felt bad recommending it to you after you said it was laggy an your Bold.
    11-18-11 11:04 AM
    Just got the text msg from VZW offering me the $20/300MB data plan. Going to call and grab that, then I can go back to using Poynt, just in time for my trip to NYC.
    Now you'll be stylin'! You going to occupy wallstreet for awhile? I hear the accomodations are pretty reasonable.
    More seriously tho, I'm interested to hear your impressions of your 9930 once you get it up and running for awhile. Have a nice NYC trip.
    11-18-11 11:19 AM
    Glad to hear it's working better for you now. I felt bad recommending it to you after you said it was laggy an your Bold.
    Nope. A few batt pulls (like you recommended) did the trick!
    11-18-11 11:27 AM
    Now you'll be stylin'! You going to occupy wallstreet for awhile? I hear the accomodations are pretty reasonable.
    More seriously tho, I'm interested to hear your impressions of your 9930 once you get it up and running for awhile. Have a nice NYC trip.
    LOL...No Jim, not going to NYC to participate in the OWS domestic terrorism. Though, it's comforting to know that once those id_iots bring down capitalism, they'll go back to.....to.....to.... um, what is it the "unwashed and unemployable" do again???

We are going to Mid-Town Manhattan to do some sightseeing and possibly a little holiday shopping. The Christmas tree should be up in Rockefeller Center (if it isn't already), FAO Schwartz is nearby and should amaze my kids, to name just a few things. Imagine this, I've lived in NY all my life and have never gone down to NYC.
    11-18-11 12:13 PM
    LOL...No Jim, not going to NYC to participate in the OWS domestic terrorism. Though, it's comforting to know that once those id_iots bring down capitalism, they'll go back to.....to.....to.... um, what is it the "unwashed and unemployable" do again???

We are going to Mid-Town Manhattan to do some sightseeing and possibly a little holiday shopping. The Christmas tree should be up in Rockefeller Center (if it isn't already), FAO Schwartz is nearby and should amaze my kids, to name just a few things. Imagine this, I've lived in NY all my life and have never gone down to NYC.
    Paul,
    Make sure you bring that bad boy 9930 with you to take some photos!!! FAO has great xmas decorations now! Haven't been there in years! Tree (is up!), ice skating, Planet Hollywood...woohoo....I wanna go!!!!!

Have fun when you go!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-18-11 at 12:49 PM.
    11-18-11 12:44 PM
    Paul,
    Make sure you bring that bad boy 9930 with you to take some photos!!! FAO has great xmas decorations now! Haven't been there in years! Tree (is up!), ice skating, Planet Hollywood...woohoo....I wanna go!!!!!

Have fun when you go!
    The good part is it's a free trip down, the not so good part is it's a one-day trip via bus from Syracuse to Manhattan leaving at 5 am and returning at midnight. The kids will be little puddles when we finally get home.

However, we probably would never see NYC at Christmas time any other way. To stay the night in Manhattan was outrageous when my father taught seminars in the WTC towers about 13 years ago, can't imagine what it costs now.
    11-18-11 12:58 PM
    You're going to like your 9930 more every day. For me, the larger screen and keyboard, and the noticeable lack of any substantial lag are the best things about it.

FYI, make sure it has 374 (or better, if there is one) loaded on it. If it doesn't, load it before you even activate the phone. It makes that much difference.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-19-11 at 12:03 PM.
    11-18-11 08:07 PM
    Morning Ramblers!

Crazy short week for me coming up here! 2 days of work and then the holiday. I'm doing some grocery shopping, cooking and eating, like everyone else. On Friday I may do some xmas shopping and Saturday is the day I put up my xmas tree! I can't wait!!!! I'm big into the holiday and decorating. In fact, I need to buy more decos for my new office. I already got the tree!

Paul, enjoy that 9930 which comes early for you as a Christmas present! Learn all about it for me so when I eventually get mine you can help me. May I remind you, as a loyal subject, it's your duty!

Has anyone seen Elizabeth2 around? Been looking for her for the better part of November. Oh well, she will re-appear, I'm sure.

And Ramblers, for those of you who still have a 9650 device, there are some cool Xmas themes out there to try. Walker has one, so does Raypho, and Simple Design. I have it on good authority that our very own MiddBrew is also working on one So if you wanna get into the spirit on your phone, take a look at one of these. Oh and call me first, huh?
    11-21-11 06:06 AM
    Good morning Ramblers. The deer sure are moving this morning.

sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    11-21-11 07:22 AM
    You're going to like your 9930 more every day. For me, the larger screen and keyboard, and the noticeable lack of any substantial lag are the best things about it.

FYI, make sure it has 374 (or better, if there is one) loaded on it. If it doesn't, load it before you even activate the phone. It makes that much difference.
    Thanks, it should be here any time now. It was a looooooooooong weekend waiting for it. After I got off the phone with VZW I reached out to Rich to find out which OS was the "best". His recommendation was 374 as well. I'm hoping that's was loaded on it out of the box, but if not, I have it on my flash drive. I started downloading 9930 OS's as they popped up ;-)
    11-21-11 07:27 AM
    Paul, enjoy that 9930 which comes early for you as a Christmas present! Learn all about it for me so when I eventually get mine you can help me. May I remind you, as a loyal subject, it's your duty!
    I will be sure to report all my findings to you, Your Highness. In fact, maybe I'll start a Montana Post-Release Ramblings thread.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-21-11 at 07:31 AM.
    11-21-11 07:29 AM
    Morning all!

Paul, I've been waiting for you to get your phone too, lol. I want to know if I should or not. Enjoy it and I hope this is one of those that doesn't have any problems.

A post-Montana thread would be cool I think.
    11-21-11 07:37 AM
    Good morning Ramblers. The deer sure are moving this morning.

Good morning Ramblers.

It's that time of year for the deer to be moving. Good luck with your hunt!

For me it will be Muskie fishing on Friday. Hoping to catch a few of the 45" to 50" ones but will be happy with anything bigger than 30".
    11-21-11 07:59 AM
    Good morning Ramblers.

It's that time of year for the deer to be moving. Good luck with your hunt!

For me it will be Muskie fishing on Friday. Hoping to catch a few of the 45" to 50" ones but will be happy with anything bigger than 30".
    Are they good to eat ? Can u believe JayDee doesn't like mountain oysters ?

11-21-11 08:08 AM
    Are they good to eat ? Can u believe JayDee doesn't like mountain oysters ?

I WILL NOT EAT GREEN EGGS AND HAM! I DO NOT LIKE THEM SAM I AM!
    Lmao!!!!
    11-21-11 10:36 AM
    Have fun with your 9930 Paul. I sure like mine so far! OS 374 came loaded on mine. As far as I know, it is the most recent official release. I have not seen any hybrids yet. My only problem with the 9930 was when I tried to delete some of the social stuff like facebook, google talk, twitter etc. I got a "517" error. RIM knows about it because they have an instruction page for taking care of it (simply re-install the os).

For those considering the 9930, give it a try.

Thanksgiving is near. I want to thank all of you for your wise words, support and help over the past year. The Ramblers are the best bunch on crackberry. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    11-21-11 11:46 AM
    Have fun with your 9930 Paul. I sure like mine so far! OS 374 came loaded on mine. As far as I know, it is the most recent official release. I have not seen any hybrids yet. My only problem with the 9930 was when I tried to delete some of the social stuff like facebook, google talk, twitter etc. I got a "517" error. RIM knows about it because they have an instruction page for taking care of it (simply re-install the os).

For those considering the 9930, give it a try.

Thanksgiving is near. I want to thank all of you for your wise words, support and help over the past year. The Ramblers are the best bunch on crackberry. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
    I'm having fun with this problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-639257/

Called Tech Support after doing all the usual bull**** they have you do, and explained my issue and the steps I took to correct it. They made a note in my account to just give me a new one. I'm heading out to swap them in a little while. What a pain in the @ss.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-21-11 at 02:45 PM.
    11-21-11 02:40 PM
    Sorry to hear Paul. A Def pita right outta the box. FWIW, all 6 I tried in store had that issue. Really put me off. Hope your next is better.
    11-21-11 02:57 PM
23,186 ... 686687688689690 ...