Yeah, at least I'm doing something. And working for myself is pretty nice. I also started a business as a statistics and evaluation consultant but it's tough getting any work with that. I've made about $2,000 in the last 6 months, not enough to live off it. So, owning and running 2 businesses, it could be worst.

Retail can be fun if you like people.

I have just started using it and like it so far. I need to learn a little more of what I can do with it. My wife is using it and really loves it.
    LMAO!! Jury is still out on that one about liking people But it's keeping me busy and doesn't hurt that it's at my favorite store

Vlingo. Yes. Me likey as well. Now I can uhm (like Jaydee) msg and drive.

BTW, I'm sporting Slice on my bb...still rocks
    11-12-11 06:55 PM
    Congrats on striking out on your own, Midd. Believe me, I share your pain.

I'm only part way through my MBA, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made for me in my job search. There are a LOT of folks out there with a lot more education and experience than I have, and they're still looking for work. I finally figured about six months ago that I can only put my best effort into the search and take things as they come.

I'll tell you what I ABSOLUTELY LOVE>>>>>>Vlingo!
    How did I live without it?
    Wow! Works great! Especially when driving...er...in the car!
    I also make notes to myself in the car while I have time to think and ...one key press and it records it to tasks.

Fantastic app! If any of the Ramblers have not tried it, please do before it is not free anymore. I think you have till end of the calendar year. App World.
    And yes, Vlingo is sweet. I don't like that I had to give up my one convenience key to use it, though.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-13-11 at 02:07 AM.
    11-12-11 07:38 PM
    Has anyone else tried the Tapatalk private build? There is a draft ability built into it now. I an currently trying to get it to work. And it works perfectly as I just pasted this response from a draft. Hmmm. Anyone using Tapatalk, this is a fantastic update. Look for it soon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    I sent the PM to get on the list, but I'm also waiting to hear back from the developer.
    11-12-11 07:42 PM
    Congrats on striking out on your own, Midd. Believe me, I share your pain.

I'm only part way through my MBA, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would have made for me in my job search. There are a LOT of folks out there with a lot more education and experience than I have, and they're still looking for work. I finally figured about six months ago that I can only put my best effort into the search and take things as they come.

And yes, Vlingo is sweet. I don't like that I had to give up my one convenience key to use it, though.

I know what you mean about people with more education and experience out there looking as well. My masters degree is on the low end of the totem pole. A lot of the work I was looking for is federal grant driven and the feds don't have enough money so there isn't as much work out there. Good luck and hope your MBA will help you.

I agree about the convenience key. I had to give up the one I had set for BBM.
    11-13-11 06:05 AM
    LMAO!! Jury is still out on that one about liking people But it's keeping me busy and doesn't hurt that it's at my favorite store

Vlingo. Yes. Me likey as well. Now I can uhm (like Jaydee) msg and drive.

BTW, I'm sporting Slice on my bb...still rocks
    Cool, I keep going back to it but I'm kind of partial to it.
    11-13-11 06:09 AM
    Ok, I was day dreaming again about the OS7 phones and looked at the Alltel website. I see they lowered the price of the 9850 to $79.99 (almost worth getting). But what really got me is the 9850 is cheaper than the 9670!

11-13-11 06:34 AM
    Ok, I was day dreaming again about the OS7 phones and looked at the Alltel website. I see they lowered the price of the 9850 to $79.99 (almost worth getting). But what really got me is the 9850 is cheaper than the 9670! Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    That would tell me that the 9850 just isn't selling as well as the 9930. Maybe the lower price will make a difference. Big Red had the 9850 one or two weekends back for some ridiculously low price too. No word on how it sold that weekend.

If I read the chatter correctly, it's not an OS7 issue, but more of a comparison of price vs return. It's going to take a lot of convincing and honestly a better feature set and more apps to get the mainstream to buy the 9850/60 over the iPhone for the same price. I think that the same price thing is the real killer here.
    11-13-11 11:40 AM
    That would tell me that the 9850 just isn't selling as well as the 9930. Maybe the lower price will make a difference. Big Red had the 9850 one or two weekends back for some ridiculously low price too. No word on how it sold that weekend.

If I read the chatter correctly, it's not an OS7 issue, but more of a comparison of price vs return. It's going to take a lot of convincing and honestly a better feature set and more apps to get the mainstream to buy the 9850/60 over the iPhone for the same price. I think that the same price thing is the real killer here.
    Alltel is pretty limited with their selection. For Blackberries you have the 9330, 9670, and the 9850. They have a few mid-level Droids like the Motorola Milestone X (same as Droid X) and the HTC Merge. They also have the HTC 7 Pro. That's it. So if you are with Alltel (because their plans are cheap) than the iPhone (not there) or new top of the line Droids are really not cramping the BB sales. They just every now and than put them up for sale around the holidays. That's how I got my 9650 free. Now VZW is a whole different story with all the different devices they offer.
    11-13-11 04:36 PM
    Good morning Ramblers.

sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk.
    11-14-11 08:47 AM
    Midd are u offered Verizon where u are located or just Alltel ?

11-14-11 08:49 AM
    Midd are u offered Verizon where u are located or just Alltel ?

Yes, VZW is here. They are just so much more expensive and I get great reception with unlimited data, unlimited text, and I can select 25 numbers (mobile or land line) that I can call that don't count against my 500 monthly minutes.
    11-14-11 11:26 AM
    Yes, VZW is here. They are just so much more expensive and I get great reception with unlimited data, unlimited text, and I can select 25 numbers (mobile or land line) that I can call that don't count against my 500 monthly minutes.
    Sounds like an offer you can't refuse!

Hey Midd, are you going to be creating a holiday theme? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
    11-14-11 11:38 AM
    Sounds like an offer you can't refuse!

Hey Midd, are you going to be creating a holiday theme? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
    Are thinking Thanksgiving or Christmas or both?

My only hesitation is right now is the issue with Mobihand. Although I could just put it up in (Cr)App World.
    Last edited by middbrew; 11-14-11 at 12:06 PM.
    11-14-11 11:57 AM
    I still have my Alltel plan through Verizon. Way cheaper and they can't make me give it up.

11-14-11 12:06 PM
    Are thinking Thanksgiving or Christmas or both?

My only hesitation is right now is the issue with Mobihand. Although I could just put it up in (Cr)App World.
    I was thinking Christmas but right, can't post at Mobi. Well, looks like everyone will be going Crapp World for a while anyway...
    11-14-11 12:45 PM
    I still have my Alltel plan through Verizon. Way cheaper and they can't make me give it up.

That would be nice, but I'm in an area that is staying Alltel.
    11-14-11 08:56 PM
    I was thinking Christmas but right, can't post at Mobi. Well, looks like everyone will be going Crapp World for a while anyway...
    Ok, a Christmas theme it is.
    11-14-11 09:01 PM
    Ok, a Christmas theme it is.
    Yay! Yay! Yay!
    WooHoo! We need some new themes around here!
    Looking forward to it!
    PS Can you make it snow on my BB?
    11-15-11 10:28 AM
    Yay! Yay! Yay!
    WooHoo! We need some new themes around here!
    Looking forward to it!
    PS Can you make it snow on my BB?
    No but we can make it snow in New York.

11-15-11 03:42 PM
    Well kids, patience pays off. I called VZW today to make some changes to my acocunt, and the rep went over upgrade options with me (sell, sell, sell right??). Apparently VZW kicked up my NE2 credit at some point recently, and the price of the 9930 has come down a bit. That said, I ordered the 9930 today and the best part is my $15 data plan remains in tact!

Should be here Monday!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-17-11 at 03:28 PM.
    11-17-11 03:18 PM
    Well kids, patience pays off. I called VZW today to make some changes to my acocunt, and the rep went over upgrade options with me (sell, sell, sell right??). Apparently VZW kicked up my NE2 credit at some point recently, and the price of the 9930 has come down a bit. That said, I ordered the 9930 today and the best part is my $15 data remains in tact!

Should be here Monday!

Verizon is currently doing $20 for 300mb as well if you wanted to up your data plan from $15 for 150mb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    11-17-11 03:26 PM
    Verizon is currently doing $20 for 300mb as well if you wanted to up your data plan from $15 for 150mb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Cool, that's a pretty good deal. When I activate on Monday I'll look into that. Thanks for the tip! I saw the $10 data plan if you got one of the Curve models, was actually considering that for my son.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-17-11 at 03:30 PM.
    11-17-11 03:28 PM
    Well kids, patience pays off. I called VZW today to make some changes to my acocunt, and the rep went over upgrade options with me (sell, sell, sell right??). Apparently VZW kicked up my NE2 credit at some point recently, and the price of the 9930 has come down a bit. That said, I ordered the 9930 today and the best part is my $15 data plan remains in tact!

Should be here Monday!
    Congrats on the upgrade.

11-17-11 04:33 PM
    Congrats on the upgrade.

thanks, bud!!!!
    11-17-11 05:30 PM

Should be here Monday!
    Yay Paul!!!!
    That means by the time I'm ready for my upgrade to the 9930, you will be able to help me!!!
    11-17-11 05:32 PM
23,186 ... 685686687688689 ...