After more than one spontaneous bricking(some have had 2 or 3 even)I'd be one pissed off camper. Fine , return, but others can;t due to ebay buys that are 2 months old and similar, Clist to name another. No insurance, another issue.
    To wake up to a white screen dead bold would flat out suk. That's what's being reported.

Keep your 9650 Jaydee, because the bottom line is to use what works

I come here to not only learn , but to see how the issues are being dealt with, since I miss BB some , I need to live vicariously thru other users So...............
    I hope your not putting me into that category. If I came off that way to you, you got the wrong impression. I'm not a hater, just a disappointed former user and only "former" because of being very disappointed. Doesn't mean I can't come back at some point. The 3 pigs comment was my acting out my disappointment in a sarcastic fashion. I feel for those folks with bricked BB's. In any case, just my .02 in a little different perspective.
    Jim,
    After bricking 2 or 3 times I would be pissed as well. But since I would never buy a phone off ebay or craigslist (as Paul said he would also never do) Then the choice is clear. Return it or get it fixed. This is from someone who is holding the 5th Bold and LOVING it. Keep at it if you love it and dump it if you don't. i agree there.

I also do not put you in that category of hater or someone who insinuates that we are stupid for defending out choices. The Queen knows who her friends are... However, the RIM bashing is enough to make me vomit. Personally, as long as I can get up in the am, eat and clothe myself and use my berry, I am happy. I don't care if RIM is financially suffering or taking a hit in the "we like" department. Life is not a Crackberry thread. The only time I am going to feel badly about RIM's shortcomings is when I go to buy a new phone and there are no more BlackBerries. (At least this is how I feel today.)

While I understand Jim's quality frustration, and JayDee's RIM bashing frustration, I think we're getting a little carried away here.

I agree, Jim's post about the 9900/9930 would be better suited to that forum, not the Essex Ramblings thread.

But that opens up the door to my frustration with this thread: yes, it's a little loosey-goosey, but looking at some of the recent posts here, it's hard to tell if this thread is related to the Bold 9650 or the Nook Color or whatever "gadget of the day" comes along. When we were off-topic but still on the topic of 9650 it was a thread worth contributing to.

Maybe it's run it's course?
    Maybe you are right on that, pcgizmo. Maybe we have agreed to disagree and need to part like the last episode of FRIENDS. As for the NC talk, that was me bringing it up and I apologize for getting the off-track topic even more far afield. I will try to stick more to the "woes" of the "pitiful 9650" and the pitiful me as I go along. HAHA...NOT

See? That's how I feel we are being treated here. like I have to defend myself for wanting to keep my 9650. I have some very personal reasons for not leaving BB...BBM being a big one. But that's my choice. And I NEVER use the web on my phone. My choice again. So I don't care if your browser is better than my browser...cause I have 80 computers at my disposal from 7am-4pm and two laptops available after that. Web browsing is just something I do at work when the boss isn't looking. Otherwise, I do other things with my phone. Would I like a better browser? Sure. Who wouldn't. Would I leave because of it's shortcomings? Not on your life.

I think we all agree here. I am just saying I personally can't take anymore of the "nah nah nah nah nah" attitude I constantly feel from people who have dumped blackberry for another phone.

If they love it so much, here's a quarter. Call someone who cares.
    cbreze likes this.
    11-08-11 03:14 PM
    Thanks for the comments. Back on track to ramblings about the 9650. My most awesome BB ever!!
    Cheers all!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 03:34 PM
    I came here originally for one reason. I came to get help with my 9650 because I was new to RIM and wanted to learn. I stayed because the folks here were knowledgeable and did not diss me for simple questions. Frankly, I could care less if things get "off topic" sometimes. It is part of what makes the ramblers unique. Don't change.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 03:39 PM
    Jim,
    After bricking 2 or 3 times I would be pissed as well. But since I would never buy a phone off ebay or craigslist (as Paul said he would also never do) Then the choice is clear. Return it or get it fixed. This is from someone who is holding the 5th Bold and LOVING it. Keep at it if you love it and dump it if you don't. i agree there.

I also do not put you in that category of hater or someone who insinuates that we are stupid for defending out choices. The Queen knows who her friends are... However, the RIM bashing is enough to make me vomit. Personally, as long as I can get up in the am, eat and clothe myself and use my berry, I am happy. I don't care if RIM is financially suffering or taking a hit in the "we like" department. Life is not a Crackberry thread. The only time I am going to feel badly about RIM's shortcomings is when I go to buy a new phone and there are no more BlackBerries. (At least this is how I feel today.)

Maybe you are right on that, pcgizmo. Maybe we have agreed to disagree and need to part like the last episode of FRIENDS. As for the NC talk, that was me bringing it up and I apologize for getting the off-track topic even more far afield. I will try to stick more to the "woes" of the "pitiful 9650" and the pitiful me as I go along. HAHA...NOT

See? That's how I feel we are being treated here. like I have to defend myself for wanting to keep my 9650. I have some very personal reasons for not leaving BB...BBM being a big one. But that's my choice. And I NEVER use the web on my phone. My choice again. So I don't care if your browser is better than my browser...cause I have 80 computers at my disposal from 7am-4pm and two laptops available after that. Web browsing is just something I do at work when the boss isn't looking. Otherwise, I do other things with my phone. Would I like a better browser? Sure. Who wouldn't. Would I leave because of it's shortcomings? Not on your life.

I think we all agree here. I am just saying I personally can't take anymore of the "nah nah nah nah nah" attitude I constantly feel from people who have dumped blackberry for another phone.

If they love it so much, here's a quarter. Call someone who cares.
    The Nook Color comment wasn't a "call to the carpet" it was just an example of where I felt this thread had gone. I don't think anyone here is calling 9650 owners fools for sticking with it. I know I've thought about moving on to the next great thing, but here I am. I've been eligible for a new phone since February. I'm not giving up my cheap data, and I'm sure as sh!t not paying $219 for the Bold 9930. It's nice, but in my opinion, it's only about $49 worth of nice (w/ 2 yr agreement ).

I certainly understand we get off topic a tad. After all, that's what got us all booted to the little slice of heaven this thread now occupies. Boneheads aside.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-08-11 at 04:39 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 04:30 PM

I certainly understand we get off topic a tad. After all, that's what got us all booted to the little slice of heaven this thread now occupies. Boneheads aside.
    I will raise a glass of gun & tonic to that!!!!
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    11-08-11 04:38 PM
    Hey guys...I must admit that I feel the same way as Jaydee. I happen to LIKE my phone and what it does for ME. Others have left not for the quality issues, but for "lack" of themes. Really? Ok.

Having said that, If I could upgrade right now, I would to the 9930. Or the Torch. But I can't, so I'm sticking with the 9650 which (tho finicky at times) has been great.
    And I, like Paul, will not dish out over $50 for a phone.

This thread is fun, informative and off topic or no, I like it, and have gotten used to being in rehab I kinda like it

Let's all raise some guns and tonics, and cheers to the ramblers
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 04:44 PM
    Hey guys...I must admit that I feel the same way as Jaydee. I happen to LIKE my phone and what it does for ME. Others have left not for the quality issues, but for "lack" of themes. Really? Ok.

Having said that, If I could upgrade right now, I would to the 9930. Or the Torch. But I can't, so I'm sticking with the 9650 which (tho finicky at times) has been great.
    And I, like Paul, will not dish out over $50 for a phone.

This thread is fun, informative and off topic or no, I like it, and have gotten used to being in rehab I kinda like it

Let's all raise some guns and tonics, and cheers to the ramblers
    In my opinion, the new Storm (aka Torch) gets the Facepalm Of The Year Award for having an all-touch screen and those 4 stupid physical buttons. If it had nothing else going for it, at least Storm2 had that right!

Oh, and make mine a Scotch please!!!

11-08-11 04:54 PM
    In my opinion, the new Storm (aka Torch) gets the Facepalm Of The Year Award for having an all-touch screen and those 4 stupid physical buttons. If it had nothing else going for it, at least Storm2 had that right!

Oh, and make mine a Scotch please!!!

Click to view quoted image

Yeah...the all touch is not the one I want. I'ld prefer the torch slider myself. But of course big red doesn't carry it

As for the Scotch you got it! And Dewar's it the best
    11-08-11 04:57 PM
    Well, I just read through all of that, and like Jim has pointed out, feeling frustrated with Rim. That's why I went iPhone. Because I felt it was a better move for me for what I use my phone for. I don't bash Rim what so ever, I never did. I throughly enjoyed my bb to the fullest, but the run came to an end for me. I also grew tired of the men leaks....can you blame me for that really?

I sure hope you haven't put me into that category Jaydee, because I'm surely not one to bash other platforms. Am I happy with my switch, absolutely-I'm enjoying it. I feel I've made the right choice for myself right now. Will I ever come back to bb, who knows I might, I'd never say never

And well, if I'm not considered a friend now or welcomed here anymore because of my switch, then so be it. I'm sorry to hear that. And if I interpreted that wrong, then I apologize
    cbreze likes this.
    11-08-11 05:18 PM
    What?!? Drinking without me???

Pink glad you are enjoying your new phone. Thread is open to everyone so feel free to post whenever you decide to drop by and visit! Don't be silly! We are all friends! I don't have any more to say on this business except I will not be reading any of the RIM bashing threads anymore and will not be posting in them either. In fact, maybe screen shots (enough to make your eyes puke, Paul) will be my only stop after this thread!

Oh that and the occasional battex or bw request, or wallpaper thread, etc....
    11-08-11 05:27 PM
    I've had nothing but great experiences with my Blackberry devices. I'm back to five of them in the house, and wouldn't dump any of them. We had our Android experiment and it just didn't work out for us. I have a buddy who went from WebOS to Android and has tried unsuccessfully to get me to make the switch. I'm happy with the Blackberry.

Recognizing that I loved my 9650, this 9930 is very nice. No build problems, it worked out of the box. I have to say that the bigger keyboard is nicer every day. I did have to load 374 (I got the device right after Big Red released 374), but this has worked as well as I could have hoped. My wife's has been rock-solid as well. I got it for a very good price too. Additionally, I'm still using a 9650 (Jim's old one -- thanks Jim) on another account that I have for at least a few more months too. I just can't put that thing away.

I'm not going anywhere. Since I'm working now (finally) I won't have all sorts of time to sit in the forum every day now. I'm still around though.

Oh, and JayDee, I'll drink with you. Let me get a real paycheck first and I'll buy the first bottle.
    Last edited by Underway99; 11-08-11 at 10:21 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 10:19 PM
    Additionally, I'm still using a 9650 (Jim's old one -- thanks Jim) on another account that I have for at least a few more months too. I just can't put that thing away.
    It makes me smile knowing my old friend has found a nice new home full of BB love.
    Thanks Pete and again, best of luck with the new job.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-08-11 11:28 PM
    JayDee - can we time drinks on opposite coasts? Maybe clink our glasses against the computer screen.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-09-11 12:06 AM

I'm not going anywhere. Since I'm working now (finally) I won't have all sorts of time to sit in the forum every day now. I'm still around though.

Oh, and JayDee, I'll drink with you. Let me get a real paycheck first and I'll buy the first bottle.
    JayDee - can we time drinks on opposite coasts? Maybe clink our glasses against the computer screen.
    Congrats Peter on the new job!!!! Yay!!!
    And F2...if Underway is buying, then we will all belly up to the bar (in whatever timezone you wanna use!) Wait. Does that mean I can have a drink now and then three hours later when it finally turns 5 o"clock on the left coast????

I might like this arrangement.

PS Kudos to Jim for spreading the 9650 love.
    11-09-11 06:01 AM
    Oh by the way, new SocialScope version out. I just upgraded this morning.

I am still looking for an instant messenger (besides BBM) that does not bleed memory.

And I downloaded and installed Vlingo from RIM's apology pack of apps. I love the dam-n thing! The jury is out on if it leaks memory on my device but I will see. In any event, if you want to try something cool that is truly useful (especially if you text while driving like me ) you should try it!

Works pretty well on the 9650. No lag and no glitches setting it up.

If anyone tries it, let me know what you think, please. I sent bbm messages and an email to Hamster. It worked well both times.
    11-09-11 06:39 AM
    Let's see, 6:30am - champaign cocktail as a chaser with my marmalade toast?
    11-09-11 08:29 AM
    Let's see, 6:30am - champaign cocktail as a chaser with my marmalade toast?
    Yummm...the champagne. Not the marmalade.
    11-09-11 08:40 AM
    Congrats Peter on the new job!!!! Yay!!!

And F2...if Underway is buying, then we will all belly up to the bar (in whatever timezone you wanna use!) Wait. Does that mean I can have a drink now and then three hours later when it finally turns 5 o"clock on the left coast????

I might like this arrangement.

PS Kudos to Jim for spreading the 9650 love.

It'll have to be Pacific time. I'm at Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma WA now. 24 years (and 12 days) in the Navy and I wind up working for the Army.
    11-09-11 09:21 AM
    It'll have to be Pacific time. I'm at Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma WA now. 24 years (and 12 days) in the Navy and I wind up working for the Army.
    OMG too funny!!!!!
    We will wait for happy hour!!!!
    11-09-11 10:14 AM
    Congrats Underway!!!

It's happy hour somewhere in the world right now. In fact my sister is in Africa and she just msg me that she's having a drink So, Imma gonna join her hahhahaha
    11-09-11 10:28 AM
    Congrats Underway!!!
    Thanks. It was a long time coming.
    11-09-11 10:44 PM
    Jaydee, I picked up Vlingo too a couple days ago; the price was right. Still learning the ins and outs.
    11-09-11 10:48 PM
    Congrats on the job Underway. How has Midd's job search been going?
    11-09-11 10:50 PM
    Congrats on the job Underway. How has Midd's job search been going?
    Many thanks. They say that the toughest job you'll ever have is finding work. Believe it.
    11-09-11 10:59 PM
    Pink, I know you didn't use BBM when on a BlackBerry but are you using some sort of social media now? I have tried KiK Messenger but couldn't keep it. Is there some other you are using?

And what about Buford? Will you consider some other messenger besides Kik? I can't use it on my phone. I have other friends on GTalk. Have you ever used that? It has the notifications that I need and does not run down the phone's memory.
    11-10-11 06:46 AM
23,186 ... 683684685686687 ...