Everyone, not to get too personal, but my wife fell down some stairs last night after music practice with friends. She severely bruised some ribs and sprained her right foot. She is really sore and limited in her mobility. Would you mind shooting a few thoughts her way as she recovers?
    Runkle, hope your wife is on the mend fast!
    Now YOU have to do all the cooking and cleaning! Get her a dinner bell to ring so you can do all the running around and be at her call. Oh and the grocery shopping, too. Hmmmmm you're gonna be one busy guy!!!!

On another note, I might have Midd show me how to put gingerbread or an ice cream sandwich ( at these names) on an sd card as well. What size can use???
    I have an 8 GB or so I believe for my camera. Would that work?
    11-04-11 06:23 AM
    Ohhhh and I see, for those of us who are theme heauxs, there will be no themes for OS7 until MID 2012!!!!!!

That means I hold on to my 9650 and jump right to a BBX device!
    11-04-11 06:40 AM

Now YOU have to do all the cooking and cleaning! Get her a dinner bell to ring so you can do all the running around and be at her call. Oh and the grocery shopping, too. Hmmmmm you're gonna be one busy guy!!!!
    What dinner bell? My wife discovered that BBM or just a PING will get my attention

On another note, I might have Midd show me how to put gingerbread or an ice cream sandwich ( at these names) on an sd card as well. What size can use???

Yes, it should. In fact, I just put a 16GB card in my daughter's NC.
    11-04-11 08:41 AM

I have mine rooted to run straight off the internal memory and not a SD card. I think it's split on peoples preference and how you are going to updated. I also use the CM7 nightlies as my ROM (think OS hybrid only better). I'm not too worried about the warrenty as I can always install the original ROM and be fine with taking it in if I have a problem. Ive just heard that it runs a little faster and smoother if it's installed on the device instead of from the card. But to tell the truth I don't know that much about running it off the card. I don't know if you can overclock it or not. I have mine running at 1.3ghz instead of the 800mhz that comes stock. I can still get my B&N books plus any thing else that's avalible with the Droid market place. I don't really see why I would need to switch from the CM7 back to the stock NC ROM all the time as some say they do. Runkle, may be you can shed some light this one. Can you overclock? Do you have a separate partition for the boot ROM and one for the books and music and stuff?
    11-04-11 08:45 AM
    Everyone, not to get too personal, but my wife fell down some stairs last night after music practice with friends. She severely bruised some ribs and sprained her right foot. She is really sore and limited in her mobility. Would you mind shooting a few thoughts her way as she recovers?
    Sorry to hear about ur wife. Will be praying for yall.

sent from my Dinc using TapaTalk
    11-04-11 10:47 AM
    Hope your wife mends quickly, Runkle. In the mean time treat her like a queen
    11-04-11 10:55 AM
    So Buford, are you going to start using your 9650 again or not?
    Need help reloading the OS?
    11-04-11 10:58 AM
    So Buford, are you going to start using your 9650 again or not?
    Need help reloading the OS?
    Yes. Gonna try to fix it this weekend in between deer hunting.

11-04-11 11:33 AM
    JAYDEE do u have google talk ?

11-04-11 11:35 AM
    I am being a good nurse Jaydee. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and get well remarks.

As for the Nook, I use the cyanogen mod 7.1 release along with a gapps file and run it from my 8 gig sandisk card. To be honest, I like the simplicity of going back and forth between the stock os and the updated gingerbread mod. The droid nook app is not as good as the stock os, which is another reason I like to have the stock os option. As for cpu speed, the mod gives me the option of running between a minimum of 300 and 1200. A nice feature in the 7.1 release.

If you do not mind setting up the initial sd card, which is pretty straight forward (I could do it), I think it is worth it and makes the nook a truly great device IMO.
    11-04-11 12:14 PM
    RUnkle, i hope your wife has a speedy recovery i will keep her in my thoughts as well
    11-04-11 12:23 PM
    On another note Ramblers, i've jumped ship on bb this morning and now i'm the proud owner of an iP4S I just got it an hour ago so i still have to set a few things and then it'll be good to go
    cbreze likes this.
    11-04-11 12:24 PM
    On another note Ramblers, i've jumped ship on bb this morning and now i'm the proud owner of an iP4S I just got it an hour ago so i still have to set a few things and then it'll be good to go
    Pink. Congrats. I will still talk to u regardless of what phone u have. Good luck with it.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 12:39 PM
    Pink. Congrats. I will still talk to u regardless of what phone u have. Good luck with it.

Tyvm B. I'm very excited about it. I look forward to enjoying it as well I've always wanted one for the longest time, and well, I guess my time came

I'll still pop in here once in a while when given the opportunity to
    11-04-11 12:43 PM
    Buford, no I don't have Gtalk but can install for a few days. Do not like any other medium besides bbm. Will use it for a few days tho if you want me to.

Pink, have fun!
    11-04-11 01:05 PM
    JAYDEE do u have google talk ?

You don't wanna talk to me!
    11-04-11 01:09 PM

Hey Pink. Good for you! Enjoy
    11-04-11 01:13 PM
    You don't wanna talk to me!
    Lol. Hamster u deleted KIK too. But yes I like talking to u too. Lol.

11-04-11 01:36 PM
    Lol. Hamster u deleted KIK too. But yes I like talking to u too. Lol.

Jus messin with you. Hurry up and get that os installed will you
    11-04-11 01:50 PM
    Thx JAYDEE and Hamster. I'm very happy I've decided to switch, I think it was a good time for me. And I still have my bb so if I have a change of heart I can always go back, but as of right now I don't see that happening. I'm pretty impressed so far

You guys have my email addy so feel free if you wanted to stay in touch. No pressure of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 03:23 PM
    Very cool P1nk. I'm sure you will have fun with your new device. Make sure one of the first things you do is bookmark this thread.
    11-04-11 04:39 PM
    Thx Midd so far so good. Nice device, moves fluidly. So far I'm very happy with it, and I don't plan on jb'ing it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 07:33 PM
    Oh Pink....going to miss your screen shots, words of wisdom, the adorable battery skins, and berryweathers! Have fun and we will keep in touch
    11-04-11 07:52 PM
    Ramblers I do have a question on vocab. Does 'jailbreak' and 'root' mean essentially the same thing?

I have a fire sale HP TouchPad. I have not altered it yet, just checking on the correct term? I have thought about it though, does that count?

Would love to be able to tether it like I have with my laptop but they don't play well.

I can access all of my kindle books...very cool. I have also ripped a few DVD's and even discovered meta tags. whoo hoo. Who'd guess?

Anyway just wanted to check on the terminology and would rather use the word "root' but when you think about it if this is the Rambler thread I think jailbreak would work too!
    11-04-11 08:05 PM
    "Root" refers to the android system. "Jailbreak" refers to apples system.

11-04-11 08:51 PM
23,186 ... 681682683684685 ...