Pink! Glad you managed alright. It's unbelievable isn't it? Have you gotten power back?
    Btw, nice ss!!
    thx (re:ss's), and yes, we were a few of the fortunate ones to gain power back laaaaaate late night on Sunday, going into Monday. but theres still so many in town without theres generators running everywhere !!

Mother Nature sure can be brutal !! just "some snow" we were supd' to get
    11-01-11 08:36 AM
    Hey Pink! Glad you're back!
    OK my experiment without Kik goes like this:
    with Kik...80MB lost in 16 hours.
    Without Kik...45MB lost in 16 hours.

I think I was right to delete it.
    Leave me with enough available memory that I don have to reboot before I go to bed since Meterberry restarts phone at 4:30 when I get up.
    11-01-11 08:38 AM

Leave me with enough available memory that I don have to reboot before I go to bed since Meterberry restarts phone at 4:30 when I get up.
    hi Jaydee, thx !!

as for KiK, i did post here a bit back warning Hamster of mem leaks and freezing with it to watch out for. My daughter, when she had her bb, had issues running it also and had to delete it. I'd have to agree with you that you were right to delete it also no need to put added stress on your OS/mem leaks with something like that.
    11-01-11 08:42 AM

hi Jaydee, thx !!

as for KiK, i did post here a bit back warning Hamster of mem leaks and freezing with it to watch out for. My daughter, when she had her bb, had issues running it also and had to delete it. I'd have to agree with you that you were right to delete it also no need to put added stress on your OS/mem leaks with something like that.
    Yo gals...I deleted also. No need for it, and yes memory was draining a bit more.
    So you were spot on, Pink
    11-01-11 08:47 AM
    Yo gals...I deleted also. No need for it, and yes memory was draining a bit more.
    So you were spot on, Pink
    ohhh, i didn't know you deleted it too !! ok, well, glad i was able to shine some light on this one, lol. And, well, sorry it didn't work out for either of you. It seems like it could be a very useful cross platform app with some polishing to get it running a bit better

11-01-11 08:50 AM
    I finally stopped in a VZW store and had a chance to play with the 9930 and 9850. I really really liked them. I didn't see any of the issues that have been associated with those devices. Too bad I'm stuck with my Alltel contract for another year.
    11-01-11 09:29 AM
    I have Kik and don't have the memory issue. I do have a bit of the battery drain.
    11-01-11 09:31 AM
    I finally stopped in a VZW store and had a chance to play with the 9930 and 9850. I really really liked them. I didn't see any of the issues that have been associated with those devices. Too bad I'm stuck with my Alltel contract for another year.
    My second experience with the 9930 has been so much better than the first. I know that it isn't physically any different than any of the others, but it sure FEELS different.

At any rate, this is solid, easy to hold, stable. Yes, stable. Mine arrived just after VZW released 374, so I had to load it up out of the box, even before I activated the device. Then a selective restore of just PIM data, and my apps went back on via OTA. The only lag I see is with the browser, and it's not very bad. The lag with the calendar is gone. Same with SMS and email.

Sometimes I carry it in its Otterbox Commuter, and other times caseless. This is very nice. Not like my 9650, but close.
    11-01-11 09:43 AM
    I have Kik and don't have the memory issue. I do have a bit of the battery drain.
    Midd...I'm really liking the new ones too. I get an early upgrade in Dec, so we will see. Still will have to dish out like $200 so I'm not sure.

As for Kik, well the memory leak was not as bad as Jaydee had, but still I couldn't afford what little it was. And yes it was draining battery.
    11-01-11 09:47 AM
    Midd...I'm really liking the new ones too. I get an early upgrade in Dec, so we will see. Still will have to dish out like $200 so I'm not sure.

As for Kik, well the memory leak was not as bad as Jaydee had, but still I couldn't afford what little it was. And yes it was draining battery.
    I don't see myself spending $200 on a phone, ever. The most I have was $50 for my 8330. I got my 9650 free with a black Friday special.

I'm only keeping Kik for Buford's sake. He said he would give up the Cowboys and switch to being a Vikings fan if I keep it. OK, he didn't really say that but he should.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-01-11 10:10 AM
    I don't see myself spending $200 on a phone, ever. The most I have was $50 for my 8330. I got my 9650 free with a black Friday special.

I'm only keeping Kik for Buford's sake. He said he would give up the Cowboys and switch to being a Vikings fan if I keep it. OK, he didn't really say that but he should.
    LMAO! Lol I agree with you

And yeah, I got my 9650 free as well, and spending $200 is not what I want to do either. But damn, that 9930 is sweet
    11-01-11 10:38 AM
    Did Buford ditch his bb again & went back to his droid?

I'm still thinking about the iP4S and the HTC Rhyme.
    11-01-11 10:40 AM
    Did Buford ditch his bb again & went back to his droid?

I'm still thinking about the iP4S and the HTC Rhyme.
    He's using his droid cuz his BB is broke. lol. I think he'll be back.

I have to say Pink, the IP4s is a cool looking phone, as are the droids....I checked out one of the Samsung ones and my god the browser is fast I so wish RIM could offer that
    Having said that...
    I'm still sticking with BB
    11-01-11 10:44 AM
    Go VIKINGS !!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    middbrew likes this.
    11-01-11 10:46 AM
    He's using his droid cuz his BB is broke. lol. I think he'll be back.

I have to say Pink, the IP4s is a cool looking phone, as are the droids....I checked out one of the Samsung ones and my god the browser is fast I so wish RIM could offer that
    Having said that...
    I'm still sticking with BB
    oh yea, the browsers haul a$$ on both-the bb, ehhh not so much

Thru the power outage-if we needed to find out info I was using my hubbys iP4 or having my daughter check things on hers cuz the bb browser was painfully sloooow and I use my iPad soley now when I'm home-very rary do I even pick up my bb, except for when I'm not home I'll use it.

Like you, I soooo wish RIM would get off their collective a$$e$ and spruce things up with the bb to come to par with the iP4S or the droids for that fact.....but seeing how its been he past 4+yrs I've been using a bb, nothing has really changed so I'm not very optomistic, even tho I enjoy the bb very much-times are'a changing its very frustrating !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 10:54 AM
    Glad you have power again Pink. A decade ago I took generators around to folks for 2 weeks because of a spring snowstorm. No fun for them. I am also going back to Verizon this afternoon to check out phones. Man, it is not an easy decision. My BB has been a good device, especially since I do not use the browser much. Just hard to believe how far behind RIM is in some areas. I have even been looking at the HTC Trophy, a windows phone. Not sure if I will come home with a new phone or not.

I have also checked out US Cellular as a carrier because of its good reviews. Just not too many phones to pick from.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-01-11 11:45 AM
    Hey Buford, if you are going to root for a team in the black and blue division, at least put on a bear costume and cheer for Chicago.
    11-01-11 11:46 AM
    Mid, want to share the cost of a new phone since neither of us really wants to spend the coin? We can alternate weeks!
    11-01-11 11:47 AM
    Well gang, I have an online class in a bit. Take care all and stay safe and warm. Wow, going to be 70 here in Nebraska today (and chance of snow tomorrow). Don't you just love fall?????
    11-01-11 11:49 AM
    Go VIKINGS !!!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Ohsuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeee. Just because I dumped KIK you gotta ignore my team!
    Ok, I know how you are!

PS when the **** is that battery coming in???
    11-01-11 11:52 AM
    Glad you have power again Pink. A decade ago I took generators around to folks for 2 weeks because of a spring snowstorm. No fun for them. I am also going back to Verizon this afternoon to check out phones. Man, it is not an easy decision. My BB has been a good device, especially since I do not use the browser much. Just hard to believe how far behind RIM is in some areas. I have even been looking at the HTC Trophy, a windows phone. Not sure if I will come home with a new phone or not.

I have also checked out US Cellular as a carrier because of its good reviews. Just not too many phones to pick from.
    Thx Runkle. And 2 weeks now that's crazy !!

As for ph shopping, keep an open mind when checking out different platforms. I always do your right, it's not an easy decision by far. I've been tangling my mind since Sept now about going iP4/4S, and just recently the HTC rhyme caught my eye Good luck

But I agree with you on how far Rim has fallen behind sad really. Jim had suggested a windows ph to me as well, I do like how my Win7 laptop works, so I may check that out as well.

I'm in no rush to change Phs ATM, so I'm not stressing over it. When the time comes that I'm fully ready to jump, I will

Oh and Jim, thanks for that little tid bid of info on the Commando-my son is looking to shed his 9650 as well and move onto that he's one of the few that stayed onOS5 because he didn't like the way OS6 ran on my bb after messing with it on quite a few occasions.
    11-01-11 12:21 PM
    Looked an an iPad2 today because I have a need for electronic copies of textbooks. But the price is outrageous!

I guess I will try and read those textbooks on my NookColor. Maybe Midd will help me bake gingerbread or make an ice cream sandwich or whatever they're doing to a Droid tablet these days! LMAO!

I really would like the iPad but can't afford one along with college tuition. Too bad.

Oh but I would never leave BlackBerry no matter what else I carry! HAHA
    11-01-11 12:49 PM
    I gotta tell ya Jaydee, I have the 32g iPad, and TBH they are great for reading-ive loaded a few free books onto mine, not that I can focus long enough to read lol, but the features you can do while in the midst of a book are good. Ie-bookmarking pages, highlighting words etc.

If your able to stash som cash to save for one, I'd suggest trying so.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 01:13 PM
    Oh and Jim, thanks for that little tid bid of info on the Commando-my son is looking to shed his 9650 as well and move onto that he's one of the few that stayed onOS5 because he didn't like the way OS6 ran on my bb after messing with it on quite a few occasions.
    Yur welcome. Interesting. As androids go it's not as fast as some, but the rest of the package makes up for it and browser options are fantastic. I keep the oem browser in a hidden file, never use it.Lol! I also came from the bold like he would be doing and the speed jump seemed huge to me because of the BB's laggyness.
    I like what's being said lately here and elsewhere on CB about being open minded about change. IP4S is not for me, but if someone else likes it, great, more power to em.
    It's the fan boy attitude I find odd.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-01-11 01:44 PM
    Yur welcome. Interesting. As androids go it's not as fast as some, but the rest of the package makes up for it and browser options are fantastic. I keep the oem browser in a hidden file, never use it.Lol! I also came from the bold like he would be doing and the speed jump seemed huge to me because of the BB's laggyness.
    I like what's being said lately here and elsewhere on CB about being open minded about change. IP4S is not for me, but if someone else likes it, great, more power to em.
    It's the fan boy attitude I find odd.
    Well I gotta tell ya, he does want something that moves fast, but what really has grabbed his attention is the ruggedness of the device itself. He's been pretty good taking care of his bb, but I'm also sure that he's had a few "oops I drooped it oh sh!t moments" LOL and I'm quite sure those words came out of his mouth too LOL. VzW has shown alot of commercials lately on the commando here in our area I'll keep it in mind about the browser too if he does get it. I was figuring on loading up OM for him anyway if he went that route.

As for other device talk, I've always believed that one is not 'better' than another, it fitting what YOU as a user would like/need. I teach my kids the same, and not just with technology--I'm talking as far as real people-never judge a book by it's cover ever!!

Anyway, back on track, I will never understand the fanboi-ism either. SMH were not against each other on who has a better device so it makes no sense to me.....
    11-01-11 02:01 PM
23,186 ... 679680681682683 ...