it actually started snowing here just now !! This weather is mucho loco

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 09:17 AM
    Pink,
    We are going to get it much later...after 3 pm and into the evening. They are expecting out power to go out as well. And this would be the weekend I have my husband's family staying with us. 4 extra people in the house and the thought of no power makes me want to run someone over with the car....LOL
    10-29-11 02:05 PM
    Lol, well as long as ur car doesnt get stuck in the snow

I accidently deteleted my post dont even ask me how i did that lol.
    Trees r down everywhere here and electrical wires as well time to get the generator going

10-29-11 02:23 PM
    How are the NE people doing this morning? Did you survive the storm?

Hope all is well and you have fun in the snow.
    10-30-11 07:21 AM
    We were on the fringe of all the snow so we escaped without anything hardly.
    No great totals and no power outages.

Our poor trees still have full leaves and they're covered with the wet snow. With the sunshine this morning, it reminds me of the aftermath of a big storm and then I remind myself that it is still OCTOBER! Weird, weird, weird!

How did Pink fare in NJ? It's gotta be worse there!
    10-30-11 08:07 AM
    We're still w/out power now for just about going on 24hrs now - TG we have a generator to heat the house (its a chilled 31 out), keep the fridge & box freezer going and just for basic necessities at this point. Trees r down everywhere-it looks like a hurricane hit with snow thrown into the mess

Gotta run-need to reserve the batt on my bb because all ph lines r down too....

10-30-11 09:50 AM
    OMG Pink!
    Take care! Wow!!! Hope power is restored soon to you and your family!!
    10-30-11 10:28 AM
    I'd take a little weather here. It'll be an awful 70 and sunny here again. And tomorrow. And the day after. And ...
    10-30-11 10:50 AM
    Just the usual rain here but yesterday was quite nice. We are expecting heavy snows in the MOUNTAINS by Weds/thus - SKIING here I come! Hope everyone thaws out appropriately.

So, what devices are folks using now? I'm up for an upgrade but I'm reluctant to jump on any BB/Rim bandwagon at the moment. And I've have a heck of a time choosing between the 1,000,000 Android offerings.
    10-30-11 12:31 PM
    OMG Pink!
    Take care! Wow!!! Hope power is restored soon to you and your family!!
    Thx jaydee, but it looks like were gonna be out for a good bit this time 'round. There's sooooo many wires that r down from the trees knockin them out & just to get around town is like a friggin maze cuz of all the wires & trees down even all food shops & pizza/chinese/japanese/thai r closed, including in the towns surrounding us as well. Gettin gas is even scarce too just to run the generator.....

10-30-11 12:50 PM
    Thx jaydee, but it looks like were gonna be out for a good bit this time 'round. There's sooooo many wires that r down from the trees knockin them out & just to get around town is like a friggin maze cuz of all the wires & trees down even all food shops & pizza/chinese/japanese/thai r closed, including in the towns surrounding us as well. Gettin gas is even scarce too just to run the generator.....

Wow Pink. Wish we could help somehow. Keep you and your family warm. I hope you have some extra canned goods or something you can cook on the grill maybe? Layer up those sweaters!!!

If we can help, let us know.
    10-30-11 12:58 PM
    So, what devices are folks using now? I'm up for an upgrade but I'm reluctant to jump on any BB/Rim bandwagon at the moment. And I've have a heck of a time choosing between the 1,000,000 Android offerings.
    F2, Just for fun you might check out the casio c771(commando) on Verizon's site. I've been using it since May and really like it. One of it's best features is, it is "ruggedized" to military specs and can take alot of sh!t thrown at it. If your skiing it would be perfect for that type of service. Is resistant to cold,heat,moisture, dust, drops and more. It needs no case, is solid as he!!. It's not the top of the line android at all and I prefer it that way. Truly a niche device if ever there was one. Just thought I'd mention it 'cause it's definitely worth a look.
    Re android. I had no idea how customizable it is. I have several different ui's and launchers on my storage card. The stock ui , while ok can't beat the stuff the app devs have come up with. The newer ICS OS that is on the way is supposed to be a real good upgrade, although I'm absolutely fine where I'm at. The processor is not fast at 800speed, but is fully fast enough to do anything. I have opera mobile set as default and it runs circles around the oem browser. Opera mini is a treat for speed, plus tons of other browser options. I never thought I'd go the route of the droid, but with my simple mods it is a fantastic device. As I said ,FWIW worth a look.
    10-30-11 01:02 PM
    F2, Just for fun you might check out the casio c771(commando) on Verizon's site. I've been using it since May and really like it. One of it's best features is, it is "ruggedized" to military specs and can take alot of sh!t thrown at it. If your skiing it would be perfect for that type of service. Is resistant to cold,heat,moisture, dust, drops and more. It needs no case, is solid as he!!. It's not the top of the line android at all and I prefer it that way. Truly a niche device if ever there was one. Just thought I'd mention it 'cause it's definitely worth a look.
    Re android. I had no idea how customizable it is. I have several different ui's and launchers on my storage card. The stock ui , while ok can't beat the stuff the app devs have come up with. The newer ICS OS that is on the way is supposed to be a real good upgrade, although I'm absolutely fine where I'm at. The processor is not fast at 800speed, but is fully fast enough to do anything. I have opera mobile set as default and it runs circles around the oem browser. Opera mini is a treat for speed, plus tons of other browser options. I never thought I'd go the route of the droid, but with my simple mods it is a fantastic device. As I said ,FWIW worth a look.
    It does look interesting and would save me the price of an Otterbox. I presume you mean "G�zOne Android phone" - I don't see any numbers after it. It's $149 after 2-year and a discount online.

Do you miss a physical keyboard?

Oh, I see it has "hotspot" but do you have to pay Verizon additional for that feature?
    10-30-11 01:18 PM
    Wow Pink. Wish we could help somehow. Keep you and your family warm. I hope you have some extra canned goods or something you can cook on the grill maybe? Layer up those sweaters!!!

If we can help, let us know.
    Thx so much jaydee, really appreciate the help offering. Believe it or not, my hubby wired up the heat to run off the generator so we can stay warm !!

We do have stuff to get by on& what not

Hopefully things w/start to get back 2the norm in a day or so--with the electrical issues etc.to get resolved.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-30-11 at 01:23 PM.
    10-30-11 01:20 PM
    It does look interesting and would save me the price of an Otterbox. I presume you mean "G�zOne Android phone" - I don't see any numbers after it. It's $149 after 2-year and a discount online.

Do you miss a physical keyboard?

Oh, I see it has "hotspot" but do you have to pay Verizon additional for that feature?
    I had the hotspot and dumped it(was $20/mo xtra). I went with "easy tether" instead for $10 initial then free(under the radar)tethering. You have to add the drivers yourself. I have them in a file.
    It took me awhile to adjust to the virtual kb,(YMMV) but I only send short messages/emails anyway, saving the longer stuff till I get to my PC. There are numerous kb's 3rd party. I tried a couple till I found one I liked.
    Yeah, it's the G-zone and it has been on Amazon for as little as $20 with a 2 year contract. Not sure about there return policy if you don't like it tho.
    Read up on it via the user reviews. Some comments are directed to the poor or sluggish scrolling, but it is with the oem browser and 3rd party browsers are fine.
    They are rootable, but I have not found the need to do that. the bloatware they all talk about can be easily hidden and is not usually doing anything anyway. I generally run anywhere from 170 to 210MB of available RAM with several things going.
    Some folks like to have the latest/greatest like the bionic and upcoming razor, but they also come with issues. They just released an extended battery that fits using the stock door which I picked up a few days ago and it's just what I needed to give me that little extra juice. Also has an awesome(optional)cradle for charging.
    It's not for every body , but I'm a very happy camper with mine. Carrying it in pocket is never an issue, because it's completely sealed, It's not light tho. Here's a good link:
    Casio G'zOne Commando review -- Engadget
    They say it's cumbersome to hold, not at all imho.
    Check these underwater vids out. A BB even touches water , it's usually toast or on the rice diet for a week at the very least.
    10-30-11 01:46 PM
    Hey Pink! Stay warm! Sorry about all that..and it's only October
    10-30-11 02:07 PM
    Just wanted to wish all my "ramblin" friends a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

TRICK or TREAT!
    10-30-11 07:46 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Happy Halloween!
    I have been running Kik Messenger all week and have noticed a significant drop in memory by the end of the day. I have been stabilized in the -40s for the past few months. Not bad for me on a daily basis.

With Kik loaded I have been in the -80 to -90 everyday and have had to reboot twice a day instead of once. I dropped it so we will see what happens. It was the only new app I installed...

I wouldn't mind dropping 80MB a day except it then puts me at the magical 160 total and when I reach that I get constant hourglassing and lockups.
    10-31-11 06:22 AM
    Good morning Ramblers. Does anybody have a sports team they want me to cheer for cuz im through with these dang Texas teams. Heck I might even stoop low enough to cheer for the Redskins and Vikings. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-31-11 08:24 AM
    Good morning Ramblers. Does anybody have a sports team they want me to cheer for cuz im through with these dang Texas teams. Heck I might even stoop low enough to cheer for the Redskins and Vikings. Lol.

Your dang Texas team and my Redskins are about the saddest looking teams around! I think we should take up competitive drinking to forget all about sports! What say you?
    10-31-11 08:25 AM
    Redskins sad? You most certainly have not had to see my Seahawks. If the 'Skins had Seattle five times, they'd be 5-0!

John Beck or even Rex would look like All-Pros against that sorry lot. Unfortunately, neither organization will win the SFL contest.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-31-11 at 08:33 AM.
    10-31-11 08:30 AM
    Redskins sad? You most certainly have not had to see my Seahawks. If the 'Skins had Seattle five times, they'd be 5-0!

John Beck or even Rex would look like All-Pros against that sorry lot. Unfortunately, neither organization will win the SFL contest.
    Sea chickens? oooohhhhh sorry!
    Guess we all know bad then!
    10-31-11 08:40 AM
    Lol. Might have too.

10-31-11 09:02 AM
    Hey Pink! Stay warm! Sorry about all that..and it's only October
    hey all !! i'm still here, lol. the storm was indeed brutal, we're still recovering and most of my town is STILL w/out power--3/4's of the town is still waiting to get back online with power(out since saturday) and there still clean ups of downed wires and trees going on....just plain crazy !!
    11-01-11 08:18 AM
    hey all !! i'm still here, lol. the storm was indeed brutal, we're still recovering and most of my town is STILL w/out power--3/4's of the town is still waiting to get back online with power(out since saturday) and there still clean ups of downed wires and trees going on....just plain crazy !!
    Pink! Glad you managed alright. It's unbelievable isn't it? Have you gotten power back?
    Btw, nice ss!!
    11-01-11 08:21 AM
23,186 ... 678679680681682 ...