Howdy dudey Ramblers !! Its a great Monday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 10:50 AM
    Howdy dudey Ramblers !! Its a great Monday.

It's a great day if your team is in the World Serious...
    Oh yeah, YOURS IS!!!!!!!!!

Go Rangers!!!!!
    10-17-11 10:56 AM
    That's what I'm talking about JayDee !!!

10-17-11 12:08 PM
    Did you guys hear about RIM's $100 worth of premium apps give away? It's their form of contrition for the massive screw up and outage. Starts the 17th(today I think) at the BB app store. I hope you don't have to jump thru to many hoops to get them. Another words "no strings". Happy Monday!
    10-17-11 12:11 PM
    Yeah and I'm getting a little fed up with just about everyone on these boards too except you guys. I had someone in an app thread say about my post..."truly not helpful but thanks anyway."

Fokker. I was doing what the developer asked me to do. I am sick of high and mighty people. And Monday is not a good day to fok with me.
    I am seriously fed up with these boards TBH. Don't be surprised if you guys don't see me around much anymore......

The name calling, the hatin on other devices. he11, one member physically threatened another member !! I've always been neutral when it comes to people using other devices....I NEVER understood the hatred towards someone that uses an iPhone/android instead of a bb....it's frigging ridiculous.
    10-17-11 04:56 PM
    Pink, it's ridiculous! People are fokking nutz! Let's just talk here and stay away from some of those other places. That's my plan.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-17-11 05:12 PM
    Did you guys hear about RIM's $100 worth of premium apps give away? It's their form of contrition for the massive screw up and outage. Starts the 17th(today I think) at the BB app store. I hope you don't have to jump thru to many hoops to get them. Another words "no strings". Happy Monday!
    Jim,
    It starts on Wednesday. Just go to App World and all the freebies should be available on the front page...first screen. Click on the present. No strings. I plan on getting a few just to see what everyone's talking about.
    10-17-11 05:21 PM
    I should have guessed you'd be way ahead of me Jaydee. Ha ha, I was getting excited for you guys.
    BTW, I certainly do agree the forum as a whole is going downhill. It seems some people just can't. take a difference of opinion. Isn't that how wars get. started? Sheesh! The rambler thread is the best and friendliest on CB.
    10-17-11 05:33 PM
    I look at it this way Jim...if RIM is giving something for free, I might as well take and see if I likey.

Says good till the end of the year, end of 2011. So no hurry to download folks. Plenty of copies available.
    10-17-11 06:04 PM
    Thx for the info on that Jaydee perhaps I will have a glance in bbAw on Wednesday and see if anything may interest me. I'm honestly not too much of an app person--I never was really. In all honesty, the only apps I use on my bb are BW, Be buzz, batex and bb meter, asides of themes.

Speaking of themes, I won a copy of BB Freaks "Purple Razor" I've been using it all day since I dwld early this morning and it really is a nice theme. Runs smoothly, and I think it's pretty unique looking too it's not wp friendly, but there are times I just get in the mood to NOT be bothered to stress about which wp I'm going to set this time around and with which BW set and with which batex will match.....and so on !!

Sometimes I just like it easy peasy I may consider purchasing the pink color as well....you know me and my pink

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-17-11 at 08:04 PM.
    10-17-11 07:58 PM
    Pink,
    Know what you mean about the wallpaper, battex, bw thing. Sometimes it drives me crazy!!! Enjoy the theme. we will see what's available on Wed from RIM. I imagine it will be busy at app world for a while.
    10-17-11 08:04 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

Need some advice here. My charger port on my 9650 has been acting up. I have a "new" 9650 arriving on Wednesday afternoon. I assume I will have to send my current phone back. What are the best steps I can take now before the new phone arrives? Obviously I want to keep all the apps, contacts, etc I have on my current BB. Also, can I load 587 over the current verizon os without any in between steps?

I did try to talk the verizon rep into sending me a new 9930 but am not sure I was convincing enough or had enough cash in my wallet.

Thanks everyone. This remains the best and most helpful group on crackberry. As we all know, there is a fine line between genius and madness; thanks for being my genius friends.
    10-17-11 08:14 PM
    Well, Runkle, first things I would suggest to do would be make sure you do a DM back up & a bbsak back up for your apps as well and have 587 loaded on your computer ready to go. When you load 587, make sure you delete the vendor XML file before loading up my mind is a little foggy but I think that's the jist of it.

I'm sure if I've missed mentioning anything additional, someone will fill in the blanks

Good luck with your new device !!

And I'm outtie for the night.......
    10-17-11 08:23 PM
    Hi Ramblers,

Need some advice here. My charger port on my 9650 has been acting up. I have a "new" 9650 arriving on Wednesday afternoon. I assume I will have to send my current phone back. What are the best steps I can take now before the new phone arrives? Obviously I want to keep all the apps, contacts, etc I have on my current BB. Also, can I load 587 over the current verizon os without any in between steps?

I did try to talk the verizon rep into sending me a new 9930 but am not sure I was convincing enough or had enough cash in my wallet.

Thanks everyone. This remains the best and most helpful group on crackberry. As we all know, there is a fine line between genius and madness; thanks for being my genius friends.
    Pink had a lot of good advice for you Runkle. Backup everything on DM. Make a backup of your third party apps with DM as well. Then download 587 and install it and shrink it before loading it. It will come with 524. I would get that off of there ASAP. haha.

Oh and as for being helpful...NONSENSE! This is purely a SOCIAL thread!
    10-17-11 08:32 PM
    Hello peeps!

Just finished another bw set Will post soon, lol.

So let's what I've missed all day...Check on the free apps from RIM - saw that on Twitter..
    Check on how this forum has more drama then Young and the Restless (yes I still watch it

Check on what the girls have already told you Runkle. They iz smart.

And check on this being just a social place, ain't no room for questions, and discussions on OS, Memory issues, and other device concerns. Just remember that folks
    10-17-11 09:16 PM
    Morning all Ramblers!!!

I need a new case for my 9650. I have been carrying it naked for a while cause I just like the feel of the sleek phone..I do have the extended battery but it adds just the right heft for me and helps me grip it.

The case I have been using is a 9630 (believe it or not) Case-Mate Gelli case that I bought a year ago June!!! It is worn and actually turning colors. Kinda looks scorched where my battery has gotten to hot and changed the color of the plastic a bit. (My battery is notorious for getting up to 129 or so for periods of time.)

So I guess I look for another Case Mate Gelli? Don't want an Otterbox that you need an Act of Congress to get off the dang thing. Any other suggestions? Or I'll be off to ebay!!!!
    10-18-11 06:03 AM
    Jaydee, idk if you'd be interested in something like this. I just picked this up for my bb about 2wks ago and LOVE it. It also comes in black, I got it for $13 no shipping @ day deal.com

fold over style cover

It's a leather magnetic cover that folds closed over a silicone skin that is attached to it Its very sleek and professional looking as well.

Also, my other suggestions, amazon.com or accessorygeeks.com
    hamsterwheel and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-18-11 07:45 AM
    Ahhhh....I knew I'd forget something Jaydee. The pre-shrink before install of the OS. I actually load the OS and then shrink out....idk cal me backwards lol.

hamster !! You mean we can't come here for advice, help, questions or a sanity check ever !?!?!?! LOL fine !!

And another BW set between you and BT, my sd card is gonna explode
    I actually started index cards about 3wks ago of the bw sets I have on my bb, cuz I can't remember what's what anymore and of course with a little note next to each of what the key color or feature is in that particular set as well

Now if only my house could be that organized with all the kids the hubby & I have LOL
    10-18-11 07:52 AM
    Thanks Pink for the suggestion. While a flip case is not for me, you did get me thinking. What about a pouch? I used one all the time with my 8330 and loved it to death! Maybe I should find the pouch that came with this phone...uh er my original phone. Yeah, like I can find THAT.

Maybe I'll look for a new one. LOL
    10-18-11 08:12 AM
    Thanks Pink for the suggestion. While a flip case is not for me, you did get me thinking. What about a pouch? I used one all the time with my 8330 and loved it to death! Maybe I should find the pouch that came with this phone...uh er my original phone. Yeah, like I can find THAT.

Maybe I'll look for a new one. LOL
    NP, understand that kind of case isnt for everyone. A pouch though, hmmm...idk-i tried using a pouch when i had my 8330, and honestly for me it was a royal PITA to take out everytime the damn thing rang, tx went off, email etc !! So a pouch for me didnt work out, but perhaps for you may be a good option I believe the link i gave you for daydeal.com has some nice ones on there as well.

speaking of the OEM pouch that orignally came with the 9650, i did try using that as well when i first got my bold, and same issue-it was PITA to take in and out. IDK where mine could possibly be at this point in time either....i'll see if i can locate it
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-18-11 at 08:35 AM.
    10-18-11 08:32 AM
    It seems some people just can't. take a difference of opinion. Isn't that how wars get. started? Sheesh! The rambler thread is the best and friendliest on CB.
    Not only that, but some people just can't read. The posting of wrong informaton further erodes the usefulness of this site.

Case in point, the thread by someone who just got a "newer Bold" - a Sprint 9650 - and didn't like the tray layout of the BB6 OS. Two replies were just plain wrong, telling the OP to disable the trays from the homescreen menu. It's a Bold 9650, it's doesn't have BB7, it has BB6. You cannot disable the trays.

Or the new 9650 owner who wanted to load BB6 on his/her device without a data plan. While this isn't an issue in OS5, which is what Storms and Tour are limited too, it is an issue in BB6. But again the poster didn't read before posting the response that they've done it hundereds of times.

It's threads like these that make me smack my forehead constantly.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 10-18-11 at 11:01 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-18-11 10:54 AM
    NP, understand that kind of case isnt for everyone. A pouch though, hmmm...idk-i tried using a pouch when i had my 8330, and honestly for me it was a royal PITA to take out everytime the damn thing rang, tx went off, email etc !! So a pouch for me didnt work out, but perhaps for you may be a good option I believe the link i gave you for daydeal.com has some nice ones on there as well.

speaking of the OEM pouch that orignally came with the 9650, i did try using that as well when i first got my bold, and same issue-it was PITA to take in and out. IDK where mine could possibly be at this point in time either....i'll see if i can locate it
    Pink, you'll be glad to know that I DID end up buying a harder silicone case for my phone in pink zebra stripes. Wah hoo!
    10-18-11 11:31 AM
    Hi all,

Thanks for the backup advice. Was on the radar but has been an interesting challenge since the problem is with the charging/backup port on the 9650. Ironically, DM recognizes my device and allows me to create a backup and sync my info. When I try to connect with BBASK or BBMCP, neither program can find or recognize my device. I have not installed any new apps, thinking there might be a conflict. When I plug in the phone the computer recognizes the sd card I have. DM will also see the PIN. BBSAK and BBMCP do not find the PIN. As a result, I cannot do any backups, etc with either program. Don't know why DM would see the PIN but not the other two.

As an aside, my youngest daughter picked up an Iphone 4s over the weekend. Pretty slick, but just not for me. lol......not sure I would get any work done because I would keep asking Siri to do the laundry, fix me breakfast and rake the leaves in the yard. I did tell Siri I loved her at the verizon store, but she just told me..."oh stop". You should have seen my daughter's face; priceless.
    10-18-11 11:39 AM
    Pink, you'll be glad to know that I DID end up buying a harder silicone case for my phone in pink zebra stripes. Wah hoo!
    pink zebra stripes !! OMG !! I'd be all about that myself good for you

NOW when you get it you MUST post ss's of it.....plz

Btw, have any of you ever had hummus? Believe it or not I've never tried it and today I decided to get roasted red pepper flavored hummus. It came with coin shaped pretzels that are flat for dipping. Not bad !!
    10-18-11 12:00 PM
    Not only that, but some people just can't read. The posting of wrong informaton further erodes the usefulness of this site.

Case in point, the thread by someone who just got a "newer Bold" - a Sprint 9650 - and didn't like the tray layout of the BB6 OS. Two replies were just plain wrong, telling the OP to disable the trays from the homescreen menu. It's a Bold 9650, it's doesn't have BB7, it has BB6. You cannot disable the trays.

Or the new 9650 owner who wanted to load BB6 on his/her device without a data plan. While this isn't an issue in OS5, which is what Storms and Tour are limited too, it is an issue in BB6. But again the poster didn't read before posting the response that they've done it hundereds of times.

It's threads like these that make me smack my forehead constantly.
    Where's those face palming stooges when you need em?

I agree with you and I visit tons of forums, not all tech stuff either and find misinformation everywhere so it's not just here for sure, but one does need to be informed and look for 2nd 3rd and even 4th opinions before jumping off some cliff.
    It's good when a knowledgeable person comes along and sets the record straight, however ego's get bruised and it usually doesn't end well.
    I generally only give advice if I'm positive about something and FWIW, it's amazing to me how quickly I've forgotten my BB learnin'. I'm sure I'd pick it right back up quickly again, but using different devices does that. I actually find myself giving occasional droid advice nowThat's a switch .
    10-18-11 12:13 PM
23,186 ... 674675676677678 ...