Even us Guys are having withdrawls !! I think RIM should hand out all new 9930's to everybody for our troubles. Can I get a second ? My BB looks like it has a broke leg or something. I might play it some music or something. Any request ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol, Blaine....you're on a roll...I second that motion!!! How about "Can't get no satisfaction?"

Lmao Z, I'm actually getting stuff done too !! That's too funny. Goes to show we spend too much time with our bb's . But wait....is there a such thing as spending too much time ? LOL.

YaY to new BW set . I seriously give you a lot of credit. Idk how you do it but I just can't stay focused enough to sit down and work away at them. I did those few, and that was the end of the road for me. In fact I have 2 that I made over the summer that I have to tweak a little bit and still haven't. And I would like to post them up to share one of these days il get around to it

I just backed up, bbsak'd and cleared my content store. So my berry is a happy baby right now lol. While I was at it I did a copy of my sd card and I emailed myself a wp.......after I did that I said to myself "Duuh Pink, no email service" lol. Silly me

No there is never too much time with our BB's, lol. I must confess tho, that I do need help in that dept. Maybe i'm on a bit too much when my son has no clothes to wear cuz mommy didn't do laundry and has to wear too short pants

IDK...it's therapeutic for me - I don't sit there continuosly...I will do a few icons....go do something else and come back to it. Let's see those sets, Pink..holding out are we???

I did the same thing...resized a bunch of walls and was going to email them to myself
    10-12-11 01:24 PM
    lol, Blaine....you're on a roll...I second that motion!!! How about "Can't get no satisfaction?"

No there is never too much time with our BB's, lol. I must confess tho, that I do need help in that dept. Maybe i'm on a bit too much when my son has no clothes to wear cuz mommy didn't do laundry and has to wear too short pants

IDK...it's therapeutic for me - I don't sit there continuosly...I will do a few icons....go do something else and come back to it. Let's see those sets, Pink..holding out are we???

I did the same thing...resized a bunch of walls and was going to email them to myself
    LOL at least the kid isn't walking around naked lmao.

As for the BW sets, if I did what you do by make a few icons and then go back, I'd NEVER get it done. I have issues with staying focused, seriously. So if I don't sit down and complete something from start to finish, lights out Irene. Lol. And nooooooo I'm not holding out I seriously need to look them over. I'm not too thrilled with the moon icon, and idk what I'd like to do with them. It's the same set, just diff colored moon icons. I guess one would be more for the guys and the other the girls. Idk. I really should make time to get'er done so I can post them

10-12-11 01:44 PM
    Ok, so I'm finally RECIEVING bbm and emails, but I still can't send
    10-12-11 01:50 PM
    really? i havent rec'd anything still.....still dead here.
    10-12-11 02:00 PM
    Ok, things must be starting to improve. I just got a burst of emails pushed thru onto my bb and my sons bbm, lol.

But like you thought hamster, I can't send anything either. I wanted to try to sneak in a ss lol, but no good FOOEY!!

10-12-11 02:52 PM
    Well guys, I plugged into DM on my pc and deleted my content store and gained 9MB of memory!!! Yay!

I also deleted a few themes that I won't be using for a few days. I can always reinstall them.

So house cleaning is done...all backed up and garbage out.
    Whew! Let's see if I can slow the leak... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    10-12-11 07:34 PM
    well guys, RIM must have everything back in order. this morning i woke up to my bb going off like madd---emails were flooding in like the ocean at high tide in the middle of a hurricane lol.

So far, all seems to be in order YaY !!

Speaking of deleting themes Jaydee, i'm back up to 17 on my bb, so it'll be time for me to clean out again. these days, i hate have all the 'extra' just sitting there--especially if i havent used it in 2weeks. I'm absolutely in love with HK Deja theme. I've been on it since the day i purchased it (10/7), and i've had no urge ATM to change themes. its that old pair of blue jean thing that fits just right

for me to use a theme longer than 2 days is ALOT. lol.
    10-13-11 07:35 AM
    I love when I find extra memory, lol

All is well here as well, in fact my bb has been exploding too, Pink. I think that's good news, hahahahaha

I too love Deja. Someone told me that with Deja, Iterum, and Morph, you really don't need any other themes What, no other themes?? lol. But I agree. I have to change themes because of reviews and testing, but if I didn't, I'ld be on Deja like white on rice!
    10-13-11 08:07 AM
    I love when I find extra memory, lol

All is well here as well, in fact my bb has been exploding too, Pink. I think that's good news, hahahahaha

I too love Deja. Someone told me that with Deja, Iterum, and Morph, you really don't need any other themes What, no other themes?? lol. But I agree. I have to change themes because of reviews and testing, but if I didn't, I'ld be on Deja like white on rice!
    well guys, RIM must have everything back in order. this morning i woke up to my bb going off like madd---emails were flooding in like the ocean at high tide in the middle of a hurricane lol.

So far, all seems to be in order YaY !!

Speaking of deleting themes Jaydee, i'm back up to 17 on my bb, so it'll be time for me to clean out again. these days, i hate have all the 'extra' just sitting there--especially if i havent used it in 2weeks. I'm absolutely in love with HK Deja theme. I've been on it since the day i purchased it (10/7), and i've had no urge ATM to change themes. its that old pair of blue jean thing that fits just right

for me to use a theme longer than 2 days is ALOT. lol.
    I agree with you both! Deja is a winner. But really, I like MANY of Xan's themes. They allow for any type of wallpaper and you can customize most of them the way you'd like. More and more themers are doing that I see...color panels and hide-able everything.

Really how many themes DO we need? I sometimes change THEMES three times a day, just to use all of them! But like Pink, I too will delete something from being installed if I haven't touched it in a few weeks. Can always add back later...
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-13-11 10:36 AM
    ok, that bw set i told you guys about that i made in the summer--i finally posted it !! lol. i hope you guys like it I was a little po'd because i couldnt find anywhere that was snowing ATM,lol, because out of the whole set--the snow/flurries/sleet icons are my favorite, so i posted preview pix of them instead
    10-13-11 11:45 AM
    ok, that bw set i told you guys about that i made in the summer--i finally posted it !! lol. i hope you guys like it I was a little po'd because i couldnt find anywhere that was snowing ATM,lol, because out of the whole set--the snow/flurries/sleet icons are my favorite, so i posted preview pix of them instead
    I saw!!!! Love em, and I'm really liking the winter icons!!! Great job....
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-13-11 12:00 PM
    I saw!!!! Love em, and I'm really liking the winter icons!!! Great job....
    oh thanks hamster I really wanted to find a location that was snowing to show those icons 'in action', but no luck lol.

I'm glad you like it, that means alot to me, seeing how far you've come on dev'ing your own sets, your a real pro at it now
    10-13-11 12:21 PM
    OK, I have a question for the theme gurus and addicts, there is the thought that BB7 and QNX phones aren't going to allow themes or at least the development of costume themes. Will this make a difference in what you decide to buy next. It sure does me.
    Last edited by middbrew; 10-13-11 at 06:00 PM.
    10-13-11 05:51 PM
    OK, I have a question for the theme gurus and addicts, there is the thought that BB7 and QNX phones aren't going to allow themes. Will this make a difference in what you decide to buy next. It sure does me.
    Ummmmm oh H-e-l-l yes!
    I will stick with my 9650 as far as I can and then I dunno. Ebay?
    10-13-11 05:54 PM
    OK, I have a question for the theme gurus and addicts, there is the thought that BB7 and QNX phones aren't going to allow themes. Will this make a difference in what you decide to buy next. It sure does me.
    holy no themes batman !! waaaaaaaaaaht ?!?!?!

i'll be honest, i've stopped following info on the os7 bb's that are out now because they havent really interested me much. But wow.....So if i understood what your saying, all the people that have an OS7 bb may never see themes ??? nevermind what could happen with qnx bb's of not having them.....
    10-13-11 05:58 PM
    holy no themes batman !! waaaaaaaaaaht ?!?!?!

i'll be honest, i've stopped following info on the os7 bb's that are out now because they havent really interested me much. But wow.....So if i understood what your saying, all the people that have an OS7 bb may never see themes ???
    I wonder if, since BB7 isn't much different from BB6 so they say, (I wouldn't know) Maybe themes there but none for QNX?
    10-13-11 06:00 PM
    I wonder if, since BB7 isn't much different from BB6 so they say, (I wouldn't know) Maybe themes there but none for QNX?
    yea, i have to agree with you there Jaydee. when i spent some time playing with the 9930 in VzW not to long ago, the os is sooooo similar in movement/appearance, that if you werent able to go into the options/about menu to actually SEE that it says version 7.X.X.XXX, you could easily mistake it for OS6 the way it functions.

So possibly, themes for OS7 but not qnx.

at the same time, if RIM decides to not allow themes for OS7, there are going to be ALOT of p!ssed off people.....
    10-13-11 06:07 PM
    yea, i have to agree with you there Jaydee. when i spent some time playing with the 9930 in VzW not to long ago, the os is sooooo similar in movement/appearance, that if you werent able to go into the options/about menu to actually SEE that it says version 7.X.X.XXX, you could easily mistake it for OS6 the way it functions.

So possibly, themes for OS7 but not qnx.

at the same time, if RIM decides to not allow themes for OS7, there are going to be ALOT of p!ssed off people.....
    Well we know from our own trials that the stock theme does better memory and speed- wise. Maybe that is one of the reasons NOT to have themes? A delicate balance not to be upset?
    10-13-11 06:09 PM
    Well we know from our own trials that the stock theme does better memory and speed- wise. Maybe that is one of the reasons NOT to have themes? A delicate balance not to be upset?
    lmao, a delicate balance ???

but yes, i understand what your saying. and its true-the stock theme runs smooth, clean and faster than a custom theme.

Perhaps RIM is trying to cut out as much negativity as possible, and well, having a memory leak will lead people to complain and complain negatively about the platform. The last thing RIM needs anymore is to keep loosing more people to other platforms because theirs just cant 'hold up' etc.
    10-13-11 06:18 PM
    i'll be honest, i'd love to know how bad or IF the OS7 phones have memory leaks. I could swear going back a few weeks ago when i was tooling around in the 9900/9930 forum that quite a few were complaining about memory leaks.....i'm trying like he!! to remember now....

EDIT: ok, of course, i had to satisfy my own memory issue LOL i went to the forum and did a quick search, and YES there are a few that have mem leaks. could it be an app, who knows. some were running .353 claiming the leak, in fact one person starts off at 145 daily and by the end winds up with 100, and of course has to do the reboot thing because they don't want to let it keep dropping.

SO i guess that answers that.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-13-11 at 06:30 PM.
    10-13-11 06:23 PM
    Listening to what JayDee said about stock themes made me go back and try my stock theme lastnight. Nope aint gonna happen. The stock theme is way to boring and takes up nearly all the screen.

10-14-11 07:45 AM
    are any of you guys having an issue with BW updating ?

alright, nm. i manually shut off my mobile network and turned it back on-and then it updated. prior to that i did get a msg saying
    'your back up assistant could not be updated because the connection to your mobile network was lost' (even though my homescreen did show a 3G connection)
    thats the 2nd time i've seen that msg this week-and i didnt turn my mobile network off till AFTER i rec'd that msg. to get it to 'reset'

so anyone else see that kind of msg happening at all?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-14-11 at 08:38 AM.
    10-14-11 08:28 AM
    are any of you guys having an issue with BW updating ?
    Morning! And no, I'm not at least.

As far as BB7 phones and themes....yeah it would make a difference in me wanting it. I've messed around with the 9930 and I really like it, but if there are no themes available...I don't know. I know a lot of users have had issues with these devices, but imo, everyone's experience is different. Look how many ppl have complained about the 9650, yet for most of us, it's a solid phone and works well. (except for the browser, but well then that's another story). TB7 needs to come out. For QNX, it may not. I don't know much about it so I can't say and who know what the UI will be like?

If TB7 were out or if I knew it was coming for sure, I would for sure be using my early upgrade option to get the 9930.
    10-14-11 08:37 AM
    Listening to what JayDee said about stock themes made me go back and try my stock theme lastnight. Nope aint gonna happen. The stock theme is way to boring and takes up nearly all the screen.

I also find the stock theme extremely ugly for my tastes. But to each his own. I'm saying though that I could NEVER go without the HOPE of themes...even when I switched to OS6 I KNEW themes were coming. That kept me going for the longest time.
    10-14-11 09:47 AM
    I'm tired of being in rehab. When do we get out of here?
    10-14-11 11:50 AM
23,186 ... 672673674675676 ...