LOL....I have broad shoulders so I will gladly carry the blame for starting this whole mess! As for guilt, you may have to take care of that one yourselves Hamster and Jaydee...puts my shirt on backwards...does that help Hamster and Jaydee?????
    Runkle, its ok - we need a kick in the **** to remind us...so you're doing us a favour

Awww. We're only joking! Hamster and I know better than to go that long without backing up. We are both getting it done tonight...so thanks for the push. Haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Yes we know better Why we don't I can't figure out lol. To busy being Theme Heaux

So I backed up my phone...
    Are 602 files in the content store too much?
    When I delete it, what else do I lose?
    Whenever I have deleted anything I don't lose anything else. I'm not even sure what the h-ell it is , but I do it anyway. But make sure nothing is on your device mem that you need.
    10-11-11 08:51 PM
    Also, did you check to see what your content store on your bb is at? Go to options-device-device&stat. Then on that screen click menu key & chose data base sizes, then scroll down to content store and see how much is there. Like mine right now is at 47/753k.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I need to check that, thanks Pink.

Ok off to do my back-ups now. I promised Runkle and Jaydee I would so I better get to it
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-11-11 08:52 PM
    Also, did you check to see what your content store on your bb is at? Go to options-device-device&stat. Then on that screen click menu key & chose data base sizes, then scroll down to content store and see how much is there. Like mine right now is at 47/753k.

Pink,
    Don't have a heart attack but my content store is 15729.0K
    Tonight when I get home (I don't have my usb cable at work) I will delete the content store!
    10-12-11 06:43 AM

Pink, some of the fonts I use everyday are there. The ones I use as system fonts. My dropbox log, a PB cache, BBM backups, Xprss (rss reader) feed txts. A whole buncha crap...I dunno what will be missing but I'm a gonna delete the whole content store tonight and see what it does for my memory!
    10-12-11 06:54 AM
    I need to check that, thanks Pink.

Ok off to do my back-ups now. I promised Runkle and Jaydee I would so I better get to it
    well get'er backed up girlie !!

ps.how you feelin?

Pink,
    Don't have a heart attack but my content store is 15729.0K
    Tonight when I get home (I don't have my usb cable at work) I will delete the content store!
    *faints to the floor*

Pink, some of the fonts I use everyday are there. The ones I use as system fonts. My dropbox log, a PB cache, BBM backups, Xprss (rss reader) feed txts. A whole buncha crap...I dunno what will be missing but I'm a gonna delete the whole content store tonight and see what it does for my memory!
    yea, Jaydee, ya might wanna move some of that stuff off the device mem otherwise clearing the content store will wipe it out. like your fonts-stick those on the sd card in the fonts folder. IDK about the DB log, and bbm backups(i dont use either of them). the rss feeds you prob dont need, i woudlnt think at least. Just make sure you have a back up done in case something comes off the content store you needed, you can restore it back

now, as for your memory....... LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-12-11 at 07:44 AM.
    10-12-11 07:42 AM
    My content store is 623/12688.8K. Is that high ? If so how do I delete it or do I need to ? D-amn you JayDee now you got me wonderin about it. LOL payback

10-12-11 07:55 AM
    BTW WTF is up with these pop-ups in between going from say, the theme forum to off topic, that CB has been throwing in....like some kind of CB announcement ??? anyone else seeing that (from desktop or laptop-not wap) freakin annoying !! and those survey things that drop down too.......
    10-12-11 07:58 AM
    My content store is 623/12688.8K. Is that high ? If so how do I delete it or do I need to ? D-amn you JayDee now you got me wonderin about it. LOL payback

holy canaries, you too Buford !! sheesh !! mine gets upwards toward 800k and i'm clearing that b!tch out LOL.

first, make sure nothing you need is stored on your device memory instead of your sd card. IF there is stuff on the device mem you need, move it to the sd card. then, do a back up FIRST-then clear out your content store using the "advanced" section of dm. this way after you clear stuff out, when you reboot, if you lost something you need, you can navigate to that back up you just did and restore the 'content store' only and find what you've lost and move it to the sd card as well. then you could go back and do a delete again.
    10-12-11 08:02 AM

Haha Buford! You know what they say about payback....
    Looks like we will both be making some changes in our bbs tonight!

Hey BBM is out or nearly out. Looks like we gotta post to keep in touch today!

Pink, have you revived yet? LOL And you're right, nothing can help MY memory....
    10-12-11 08:20 AM
    well get'er backed up girlie !!

ps.how you feelin?

A bit better....not great tho, thanks for asking. Although you know what that means right?

*faints to the floor*

yea, Jaydee, ya might wanna move some of that stuff off the device mem otherwise clearing the content store will wipe it out. like your fonts-stick those on the sd card in the fonts folder. IDK about the DB log, and bbm backups(i dont use either of them). the rss feeds you prob dont need, i woudlnt think at least. Just make sure you have a back up done in case something comes off the content store you needed, you can restore it back

now, as for your memory....... LOL
    LMAO!!!! hahahahahahahahh Where's are defibulator

Hehe.....karma...and all that

BTW WTF is up with these pop-ups in between going from say, the theme forum to off topic, that CB has been throwing in....like some kind of CB announcement ??? anyone else seeing that (from desktop or laptop-not wap) freakin annoying !! and those survey things that drop down too.......
    I know!!! So freakin annoying. All these add pop-ups

Pink, have you revived yet? LOL And you're right, nothing can help MY memory....
    Can't bbm, no emails....I feel so lost, lol.

As for deleting stuff, I just talked to Jaydee and told her, but I deleted content store, purged msg, old sms, and attachment data and gained back like 9mb! Woot.
    So yeah, Buford...get going on that content store thingy lol
    10-12-11 08:29 AM

LMAO, wheeeeephw!! yes i'm back LOL

i don't use bbm so id have no clue if its out, only with one of my sons, and well hes in school testing psat's. I did on the other hand notice that i havent rec'd a darn email since 615am when my bb turned on this am......hmmmm....now i'm wondering if its out here too :confuse:

LMAO!!!! hahahahahahahahh Where's are defibulator

Hehe.....karma...and all that

I know!!! So freakin annoying. All these add pop-ups

Can't bbm, no emails....I feel so lost, lol.

As for deleting stuff, I just talked to Jaydee and told her, but I deleted content store, purged msg, old sms, and attachment data and gained back like 9mb! Woot.
    So yeah, Buford...get going on that content store thingy lol
    LOL i'm baaaaaack !!

ok, Hamster, you've got my attention here with clearin shizz out, you mentioned 'attached data' i've never done that one before..... what exactly does that clear out?
    10-12-11 08:41 AM
    ok, just checked my aol inbox on the laptop and yep !! no emails for me either !! 3 came thru this morning but not to my bb...... oh well !!

oh no !! wait !! that means no ss's ohhhh pooooo.....
    10-12-11 08:45 AM
    Ok, this is odd. The browser is still working on my bb tho. And bw is still updating....

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-12-11 at 09:01 AM.
    10-12-11 08:50 AM
    Hey Pink...yeah seems to be a RIM service outage. My browser is working, just no emails and bbm at the moment.

As for attachment data I think what it deletes is the attachments you get in emails. Like when you get an email with attachments of a file or folder or pic or whatever. Even if you delete that msg with the attachment, I remember 99 saying that the attachment still stays somewhere on the device. So, I had about 19 or so and deleted those via DM.

Is that clear as mud now?
    10-12-11 08:55 AM
    Hey Pink...yeah seems to be a RIM service outage. My browser is working, just no emails and bbm at the moment.

As for attachment data I think what it deletes is the attachments you get in emails. Like when you get an email with attachments of a file or folder or pic or whatever. Even if you delete that msg with the attachment, I remember 99 saying that the attachment still stays somewhere on the device. So, I had about 19 or so and deleted those via DM.

Is that clear as mud now?
    crystal clear !! LOL i just ckd my attach data and its at 0 on my data base sizes so i guess im good there

BUT.....
    i have another question lol. i did on the other hand ck my MMSwhich is at 19/1111k and my SMS 202/106k NOW if i clear those out will i lose anything ? i've never done those ones before and IDT i have anything on MMS that i would need that i can recall

i will be doing a back up before i clear things out to, cuz i'm due as well

thx Hamster

ALSO, what about phone call logs? i'm at 442/169 and phone history 146/66. Not much there, but can/should those be cleared out as well or no? does anyone know?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-12-11 at 09:27 AM.
    10-12-11 09:25 AM
    I don't think it's out everywhere. I was talking to Buford and chatting in one of my BBM Groups this morning.
    10-12-11 09:31 AM
    crystal clear !! LOL i just ckd my attach data and its at 0 on my data base sizes so i guess im good there

BUT.....
    i have another question lol. i did on the other hand ck my MMSwhich is at 19/1111k and my SMS 202/106k NOW if i clear those out will i lose anything ? i've never done those ones before and IDT i have anything on MMS that i would need that i can recall

i will be doing a back up before i clear things out to, cuz i'm due as well

thx Hamster

ALSO, what about phone call logs? i'm at 442/169 and phone history 146/66. Not much there, but can/should those be cleared out as well or no? does anyone know?
    Yeah I would delete mms as well, unless there is something in there you really need.
    Oh yes, I did delete sms - it deletes all you text messages on your bb, so if you want something saved in there, don't do it, or save that msg somewhere then delete.

And come to think of it, I think I did delete phone call logs or was it history
    I did one of them i know. Yeah I think they should be cleared out, again unless you just want to remember all your incoming and outgoing calls I guess.
    10-12-11 09:42 AM
    I don't think it's out everywhere. I was talking to Buford and chatting in one of my BBM Groups this morning.
    That's because me and you have the VIP VERSION of BBM.

middbrew likes this.
    10-12-11 09:55 AM
    Yeah I would delete mms as well, unless there is something in there you really need.
    Oh yes, I did delete sms - it deletes all you text messages on your bb, so if you want something saved in there, don't do it, or save that msg somewhere then delete.

And come to think of it, I think I did delete phone call logs or was it history
    I did one of them i know. Yeah I think they should be cleared out, again unless you just want to remember all your incoming and outgoing calls I guess.
    Ok, thx again hamster. I actually just went into my call list on my bb and deleted everything and that changed my ph calls and ph log to 0/0k for each of them. So that's solved. I also deleted my tx/mms and that's at a 0 bal now too so alls good ahhhhh. Tg, something simple to manage and un-eventful LOL still have to do my content thing tho......

Btw, I lost my bbm now too but BW is still updating. Weird.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-12-11 at 10:57 AM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-12-11 10:52 AM
    Wow! This bbm outage has me experiencing withdrawls...
    no email LED and no BBM led...my phone looks like it's DEAD!!!!
    Stop this madness!
    10-12-11 11:04 AM
    Stop this madness!
    LOL, i know right? usually i see a few emails during the day, but man, nooooothing at all today. sheesh !!

maybe i'll play with BeBuzz just to make the pink and purple lights go off so its not so quiet LOL

and the only way i knew my bbm was out was because my son calls me from hs before and says my bbm isn't going thru to you....then i said, oh yea, theres an outage going on.
    10-12-11 11:23 AM
    Stop this madness!
    LOL, i know right? usually i see a few emails during the day, but man, nooooothing at all today. sheesh !!

maybe i'll play with BeBuzz just to make the pink and purple lights go off so its not so quiet LOL

and the only way i knew my bbm was out was because my son calls me from hs before and says my bbm isn't going thru to you....then i said, oh yea, theres an outage going on.
    Girls!!!! I'm so with you. So quite today Oh well, I'm actually getting stuff down around the house , lol. Maybe it's a good thing? LMAO.

And working on new BW

But, please enough is enough. I miss my bb
    10-12-11 12:36 PM
    Even us Guys are having withdrawls !! I think RIM should hand out all new 9930's to everybody for our troubles. Can I get a second ? My BB looks like it has a broke leg or something. I might play it some music or something. Any request ?

10-12-11 12:55 PM
    Girls!!!! I'm so with you. So quite today Oh well, I'm actually getting stuff down around the house , lol. Maybe it's a good thing? LMAO.

And working on new BW

But, please enough is enough. I miss my bb
    Lmao Z, I'm actually getting stuff done too !! That's too funny. Goes to show we spend too much time with our bb's. But wait....is there a such thing as spending too much time ? LOL.

YaY to new BW set. I seriously give you a lot of credit. Idk how you do it but I just can't stay focused enough to sit down and work away at them. I did those few, and that was the end of the road for me. In fact I have 2 that I made over the summer that I have to tweak a little bit and still haven't. And I would like to post them up to share one of these days il get around to it

I just backed up, bbsak'd and cleared my content store. So my berry is a happy baby right now lol. While I was at it I did a copy of my sd card and I emailed myself a wp.......after I did that I said to myself "Duuh Pink, no email service" lol. Silly me

10-12-11 01:12 PM
    Even us Guys are having withdrawls !! I think RIM should hand out all new 9930's to everybody for our troubles. Can I get a second ? My BB looks like it has a broke leg or something. I might play it some music or something. Any request ?

Lmao, Buford, start playing Marvin Gaye 'let's get it on' over the loud speaker. Maybe RIM will hear it and get bis/bes going again

10-12-11 01:22 PM
23,186 ... 671672673674675 ...