Thanks for all your OS input everyone. By the way, anybody get a certificate from Verizon to upgrade to a new Blackberry? According to my wife, her boss got one in the mail today worth $250.00 toward the purchase of a new Blackberry. He has a Bold 9650 right now.
    10-07-11 06:49 PM
    Thanks for all your OS input everyone. By the way, anybody get a certificate from Verizon to upgrade to a new Blackberry? According to my wife, her boss got one in the mail today worth $250.00 toward the purchase of a new Blackberry. He has a Bold 9650 right now.
    No, but if I got a certificate, I would like to put it toward my bill!!!!
    LMAO
    10-07-11 07:08 PM
    Now how nice that would be!! I'll be checking my mailbox. One can only hope. I did play with that 9930 three times already and really love it and want it. But paying full price is not an option for me at this time.
    10-08-11 08:11 AM
    Now how nice that would be!! I'll be checking my mailbox. One can only hope. I did play with that 9930 three times already and really love it and want it. But paying full price is not an option for me at this time.
    I'm with you there, Ellie....I want...but no themes, so I can wait
    10-08-11 08:22 AM
    I'm with you there, Ellie....I want...but no themes, so I can wait
    You know hamster......I am a theme freak (but lately no one seems to making them for OS5 anymore).....BUT.....this 9930 is so freakin awesome.....I would buy it even though there are no themes for it right now. I would sacrifice the need for themes.
    10-08-11 12:11 PM
    You know hamster......I am a theme freak (but lately no one seems to making them for OS5 anymore).....BUT.....this 9930 is so freakin awesome.....I would buy it even though there are no themes for it right now. I would sacrifice the need for themes.
    OMG !!! really Mojave?!?!?! even as much as I LOVE using the default theme for os6 (in the 9930 case-os7) I would still have withdrawals not being able to have any themes at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 02:52 PM
    What about a wallpaper change? I used the auto changer app alot before os6 had themes. If I wasn't so happy with my present phone I'd most likely go for the 9930. Not gonna happen unless I either somehow break this tank or lose it
    10-08-11 03:20 PM
    OMG !!! really Mojave?!?!?! even as much as I LOVE using the default theme for os6 (in the 9930 case-os7) I would still have withdrawals not being able to have any themes at all

Hi Pink,

As crazy as I sound......yes I would. The 9930 impressed me that much that I would get the 9930 and use it without themes. Yes.....I am sober at the moment. Not sure about later tonight. LOL!!

But at this time I am not paying full price (not in my budget). My update is not until 2/2012.
    10-08-11 03:36 PM
    What about a wallpaper change? I used the auto changer app alot before os6 had themes. If I wasn't so happy with my present phone I'd most likely go for the 9930. Not gonna happen unless I either somehow break this tank or lose it
    Hi cbreze,

I'm always changing my wallpaper on my 9650. I would be in a straight jacket if I couldn't. LOL!! Even though there would be no themes for the 9930 at this time......I could always change the wallpaper....thank goodness. Dollface has the Bold 9930 and she has posted some beautiful screen shots....and even though it's the stock theme.....her screenies are looking fantastic!!! I think (at least for me) it's the bigger screen which makes the stock theme bearable.
    Last edited by Mojave; 10-08-11 at 03:43 PM.
    10-08-11 03:39 PM
    Hi Pink,

As crazy as I sound......yes I would. The 9930 impressed me that much that I would get the 9930 and use it without themes. Yes.....I am sober at the moment. Not sure about later tonight. LOL!!

But at this time I am not paying full price (not in my budget). My update is not until 2/2012.
    Lmao about being sober ATM !! you crack me up !!

ok fair enough, I understand what you mean about how much you like the 9930, but I agree with you as far as the full retail price !! They'll have to serve ice water in he11 before I would fork out almost 5-600$ for ANY device. I just couldn't justify it as a feasible purchase. Even if I discussed it with my hubby - He'd be like you want it get it, but no, I wouldn't put out that kind of money either period.
    My upgrade isn't till 8/12, and by then I may just be more interested in the iPhone at that point. Who knows !!

10-08-11 04:42 PM
    I'm in agreement with everyone else as far as the cost of the 9930. way to much coin. Pink, you said you might get an eye phone down the road. What do you think of the windows phones? With that new mango upgrade they will start to take off more, especially after Nokia gets some solid stuff out there. One of those with a real KB could be pretty sweet. I had an e71 once. BB form, with an awesome kb.
    10-08-11 07:26 PM
    Hey Pink,

Ummmm......drinking a Wild Blue now. I was thinking of checking out the new iPhone 4s once it hits the Verizon stores.
    10-08-11 08:15 PM
    I'm in agreement with everyone else as far as the cost of the 9930. way to much coin. Pink, you said you might get an eye phone down the road. What do you think of the windows phones? With that new mango upgrade they will start to take off more, especially after Nokia gets some solid stuff out there. One of those with a real KB could be pretty sweet. I had an e71 once. BB form, with an awesome kb.
    Those might be a force to reckon with. Especially if you can sync with the same platform as the PC is running. Phone, PC, and tablet all running the same OS.
    10-08-11 08:43 PM
    Jim, i'll be honest. I've never looked at a windows ph at all & idk if it's something that would interest me. perhaps if I remember I can check it out on a visit to VzW one of these days when I'm bored. I do have a Windows7 laptop too....

Mojave, my hubby & one of my daughters have the iP4 and it is a really nice phone. The iP4S has even more to it which intrigues me even more for it Siri was added to the 4S & is something I would utilize on a daily basis, every time my kids called or txd me I'd use it so I wouldn't have to pull over while I'm driving. I dont use a Bluetooth cuz I don't like it hanging from my ear and I don't really use my cars BT either.

Btw, I'm drinking my usual, seltzer with a lime I'll be careful not to have too many LOL !!

10-08-11 10:36 PM
    Those might be a force to reckon with. Especially if you can sync with the same platform as the PC is running. Phone, PC, and tablet all running the same OS.
    The syncing ability is nice. I've had several wm devices and always thought it a good platform , just not super stable, the customizations really helped that tho. With the new os they're coming out with it could be real competition especially since nokia and microsoft are planning a wide price range to please a wider group of consumers. I've always thought that the smartphone platform was a bit to pricey for alot of folks. Sh!t, look at the 9930 price, perfect example.
    The problem I'm finding with android is the control google clamps down on it. It really doesn't affect usage much, just damn annoying, all the app updates and apps you don't want taking up memory. Rooting is iffy at best for noob/novices. I have not rooted yet. A false step can brick it, not a chance I want to take and now with the new gingerbread update Verizon/Google has put the kibosh to rooting it looks like until someone can figure out a work around. Makes me miss windows. I should be missing BB, but just can't accept their high costs these days for device with potential issues out of the box. A nokia with a BB form and an excellent physical KB running wp7 mango could be really sweet. I'm hoping 2012 will be the year for that form factor to show up. Screw all this touch screen crap.

Jim, i'll be honest. I've never looked at a windows ph at all & idk if it's something that would interest me. perhaps if I remember I can check it out on a visit to VzW one of these days when I'm bored. I do have a Windows7 laptop too....
    The only wp7 device Verizon currently offers is the trophy which is crap. A little better if it has the new update installed, but don't judge wp7 by it. The better one would be the GSM flavor with a full slide out kb. I can see good things coming from the microsoft/nokia joint venture. Just going to be awhile yet. Later in 2012 some good stuff will be out and syncing with your windows laptops will be sweet. Plus less restrictions as far as installations and removals of apps than android hopefully. Better choices of what you want on your phone and not stuff forced on us. BB will have it's own new os going as well so 2012 should be an excellent year for new os's and other mobile innovations.
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-09-11 at 12:19 AM.
    10-09-11 12:07 AM
    Thx for the info Jim. I will try to keep it in mind for the 2012 year. I used to have a Nokia cell ph going waaaaaaaaay back - idr wat year - but I did really like it. I don't rem the model tho, but it was a tank of a device-back then when they built cell phs it felt 'sturdy' and not cheapy like the ones mfg'd these days....

10-09-11 12:25 PM
    Wha.....????? Screw that!
    Yes, rooted folks are having a heck of a time even installing the update. But worse is once installed they are stuck and have been unable to re-root their phones. I'm hoping for a work around that might be even better, but who knows when or ever.
    Needless to say, the rooted ones who waited are not updating.
    10-10-11 05:21 AM
    ...and now with the new gingerbread update Verizon/Google has put the kibosh to rooting it looks like until someone can figure out a work around...
    Wha.....????? Screw that!
    10-10-11 07:31 AM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Coming to you from the sofa! lol Looks like I gotta get dressed and on with my day...of leisure. Sorry all you working folk!

My phone did the Black Screen of Death again yesterday... now happening more often. Maybe a reload is in order...if I reload, I will use 587...or one of those hybrids Midd and Underway are so fond of.....
    10-10-11 07:56 AM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Coming to you from the sofa! lol Looks like I gotta get dressed and on with my day...of leisure. Sorry all you working folk!

My phone did the Black Screen of Death again yesterday... now happening more often. Maybe a reload is in order...if I reload, I will use 587...or one of those hybrids Midd and Underway are so fond of.....
    Hey! I'm with you on the sofa, lol. Still fighting this cold, so no gym for me today and nothing else either..hahaha.

587 is running fine for me Jaydee...no problems at all. Hybrids
    10-10-11 08:02 AM
    Hey! I'm with you on the sofa, lol. Still fighting this cold, so no gym for me today and nothing else either..hahaha.

587 is running fine for me Jaydee...no problems at all. Hybrids
    Hamster, did you shrink the h-e-l-l outta it? I am carrying more themes lately (go figure) and need the memory.
    10-10-11 08:07 AM
    Hamster, did you shrink the h-e-l-l outta it? I am carrying more themes lately (go figure) and need the memory.
    Yes I did.....shrunk EVERYTHING I could.......I ended up with close to 297 free at start -up. Not so much right now, what with all themes and TIM testing BBM group. I hover at about 270 ish right now.
    10-10-11 08:15 AM
    Thx for the info Jim. I will try to keep it in mind for the 2012 year. I used to have a Nokia cell ph going waaaaaaaaay back - idr wat year - but I did really like it. I don't rem the model tho, but it was a tank of a device-back then when they built cell phs it felt 'sturdy' and not cheapy like the ones mfg'd these days....
    Yeah, Nokia does go way back. Even with all their troubles lately they still retain the #1 phone manufacturer title and make more handsets than anyone else. Many dumb phones of course help their numbers. I'm interested to see how wp7 on a Nokia phone will be. They were my fav phone maker of all time for toughness, reliability, excellent keyboards, and the ability to pull in a good signal in a low RF area. If they came out with a BB form with one of their great kb's, I could see some competition between RIM and wp7. More business types use windows pc's and sync ability without 3rd party add-ons would be a high priority. Europe is actually where they are still doing very well, but what I've been reading is that a U.S. saturation with a low enough price point is in the cards in the coming year. Im interested.
    10-10-11 09:42 AM
    Hey Ramblers!

Shhh! Don't tell anyone -- I'm using a shrunken 524. After some of the admittedly little issues that I had with v8 of the OSBB hybrid, I left 524 on the new phone. Well, I wiped it out of the box and loaded a reduced version, but it's still stock 524.

Battery is discharging at at about 2%, and there's not much lag. Browser's kind of so-so, but I don't use it all that much. I seem to have a bit of memory loss with this one, though. I'm losing about 3MB a day now. I may load straight 587 again or maybe the new OSBB v9. I'm still thinking on that one.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-10-11 at 10:10 AM.
    10-10-11 09:42 AM
    I seem to have a bit of memory loss with this one, though. I'm losing about 3MB a day now.
    Hmmm let's see....3MB a day as opposed to 51.4MB yesterday for me....
    I may go to 587 but not back to 524, sorry.
    10-10-11 11:58 AM
23,186 ... 669670671672673 ...