Jaydee, hamster, or any one that knows the dealio with app world. I have a question-I dwld a free at the time theme, tempo by raypho(very nice might I add). Now last week I was just clearing out some room on my bb and I wasn't using it at the time so I deleted it, but it still shows in "my world". Well, I went to dwld it today cuz I wanted to use it but it told me that it's not avail in app world and I would have to purchase it now I was under the impression that once you dwld something, free or not, and its in "my world" that you have access to it at any time.

So am I wrong? Because now that theme is no longer avail for free and I've deleted it during this change without knowing, even though it's in my world i'd have to purchase it now if I want it?

I'm confused here.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If I correctly understand it, you should be able to download it so long as the developer still has it posted at AppWorld. You might be able to get it fixed by contacting AppWorld CS, but I'd also look at contacting the developer for a link.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-05-11 06:36 PM
    If I correctly understand it, you should be able to download it so long as the developer still has it posted at AppWorld. You might be able to get it fixed by contacting AppWorld CS, but I'd also look at contacting the developer for a link.
    yes the theme is still avail on app world, but now its 2.99, not free anymore. Ok, i'll email Raypho's support and see if i can email app world also.

thx 99

also, i rec'd a text alert about 15mins ago that Apples Steve Jobs has passed away. RIP SJ.
    10-05-11 07:02 PM
    ok, i also just realized, that the other 2 Raypho themes i have, Providence and Axel gave the same msg within my world for app world.....
    10-05-11 07:08 PM
    Pink, I was just reading back about your strange issues with themes half loading and half keeping the previous theme. Have you tried loading the theme with the issue and then resetting the theme back to default settings and then switching to another and back again. The theme settings info is pretty much the only dynamic data that there is for a theme.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 07:42 PM
    Pink, I was just reading back about your strange issues with themes half loading and half keeping the previous theme. Have you tried loading the theme with the issue and then resetting the theme back to default settings and then switching to another and back again. The theme settings info is pretty much the only dynamic data that there is for a theme.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Russ, I've tried just about every way to set this theme possible. It's only happening with this one theme that it set funky like that. Advice from Wendyb gave me to set the default theme, reboot, then re-install & set the Lady Leopard theme. And no good. I then had a half baked OS6 default theme with part of the Lady Leopard ui but still with the trays on the home page......go figure! I'm completely stumped!

Thx for your advice tho, I do appreciate it I honestly have given up at this point, taken it with a grain of salt that I just can't run this theme on my bb.

I can try what you said, I'm just afraid of my bb going completely haywire tho so that's why I haven't really pressed the issue of loading the theme up again to try it. I don't want to get an error....

Do you think what you suggested has a good chance of working?

10-05-11 07:56 PM
    Hey Pink...sorry the font collection thing didn't work. I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    As for App world, I always thought the way you dwid...that it would always be available to dwld. I have a cpl of free themes that I have in "my world" let me see if the same thing happens to be...brb

Edit: giving me same msg "not available on app world" which is bs, cuz it is. hmmmm
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 10-05-11 at 08:35 PM.
    10-05-11 08:31 PM
    Hey Pink...sorry the font collection thing didn't work. I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    As for App world, I always thought the way you dwid...that it would always be available to dwld. I have a cpl of free themes that I have in "my world" let me see if the same thing happens to be...brb

Edit: giving me same msg "not available on app world" which is bs, cuz it is. hmmmm
    thx Hamster-it was a good suggestion but unfortunately not an issue on my bb as far as font collection goes.

Ok as for App World your seeing that msg too-then I guess its not just mine. BbAw must be having issues then. I'll head into the app forum lil later & see if anyone started a tHread on it. Ya know I aSk here cuz I hate starting threads especially if its an issue that's been covered already in a previous thread. So I'll search it out later
    If I find anything I'll post back here

10-06-11 06:05 AM
    Well Pink, your current problem with App World had me curious so I too loaded an app I had gotten once before that was free and it loaded just fine.

BUT I tried to reinstall a Raypho theme that I had gotten free and sure enough, it asks me to buy! So must be if it's not consistently free, you lose the use of it. Weird!

Another thing that is wacky is that there is no real easy way to save themes gotten from AppWorld...there IS a way however and I might actually have some of them backed up. Sooooooo, that being said, give me a hollah and see if I have what you need, girl.
    Always happy to help out a Rambler!
    10-06-11 06:16 AM
    Well Pink, your current problem with App World had me curious so I too loaded an app I had gotten once before that was free and it loaded just fine.

BUT I tried to reinstall a Raypho theme that I had gotten free and sure enough, it asks me to buy! So must be if it's not consistently free, you lose the use of it. Weird!

Another thing that is wacky is that there is no real easy way to save themes gotten from AppWorld...there IS a way however and I might actually have some of them backed up. Sooooooo, that being said, give me a hollah and see if I have what you need, girl.
    Always happy to help out a Rambler!
    ok....so maybe i'm not loosing my mind then And yes, I had 3 Raypho themes that were free at one time-Tempo, Axel & Providence, and now i can't dwld any of them !! Sheesh !! I did email Raypho last night but i havent gotten a response yet. So i'm guessing if your having the same issue with Raypho themes, but not others that are still on the 'free' status- then i guess it is what it is. Purchase or lose out....This will help answer Hamsters concerns with her bbAw doing the same thing too then

I do bbsak back ups often, like usually when i install a new theme-so i have the cod avail. So i'm gonna check my backups to see if i have what i'm looking for before call on you

Thanks Jaydee, for once, i'm happy to know its not me loosing my mindLOL

right now tho, i have to be honest, I set TEXTpink yest morn, and i had forgotten how much i LOVE this theme as well so i'll be using it for a while
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-06-11 at 07:49 AM.
    10-06-11 07:35 AM
    ok....so maybe i'm not loosing my mind then And yes, I had 3 Raypho themes that were free at one time-Tempo, Axel & Providence, and now i can't dwld any of them !! Sheesh !! I did email Raypho last night but i havent gotten a response yet. So i'm guessing if your having the same issue with Raypho themes, but not others that are still on the 'free' status- then i guess it is what it is. Purchase or loose out....This will help answer Hamsters concerns with her bbAw doing the same thing too then

I do bbsak back ups often, like usually when i install a new theme-so i have the cod avail. So i'm gonna check my backups to see if i have what i'm looking for before call on you

Thanks Jaydee, for once, i'm happy to know its not me loosing my mindLOL

So what I'm reading is that if the theme is still free, you will able to dwld it again, but if it is no longer free, then you will have to purchase it I guess.
    Ok well that answers that....
    Pink if you need me to ask Ray let me know....And I see Jaydee has you covered. I was going to offer the same thing
    10-06-11 07:39 AM
    So what I'm reading is that if the theme is still free, you will able to dwld it again, but if it is no longer free, then you will have to purchase it I guess.
    Ok well that answers that....
    Pink if you need me to ask Ray let me know....And I see Jaydee has you covered. I was going to offer the same thing
    thx girl !! and yes, that what it seems to be....if it WAS free and you dwld it-but then del'd it, but isnt free anymore, then i guess you have to purchase it to have it 'back' IDK that doesnt make sense to me, but what ever. it is what it is.

No, don't bother him its prob like we've said, free then but no longer free now-means you have to purchase.

thx again both Jaydee & Hamster, i found my cod, installed and just did a quick activate-alls good in Pinks hood, and now back to TEXTpink much love girls !! muwaahhhh!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-06-11 07:56 AM
    HAHA Pink: remember the theme heauxs are always ready!

LMAO
    10-06-11 09:53 AM
    Anyone who thinks they don't target members here is delusional.
    10-06-11 06:15 PM
    They have been after a certain few for quite a while.
    Quite unsettling.
    10-06-11 06:43 PM
    Hi all,

I have been running 524 for quite a while now. All has worked pretty well except for a slow browser. I know that is standard fare with BB so I was wondering what OS all of you are running these days. I am not opposed to upgrading, but only want to do it if it will make a reasonable difference in phone performance. Just not ready yet to pull the trigger on an OS 7 device like the 9930. Thanks everyone.
    10-06-11 08:21 PM
    Hi all,

I have been running 524 for quite a while now. All has worked pretty well except for a slow browser. I know that is standard fare with BB so I was wondering what OS all of you are running these days. I am not opposed to upgrading, but only want to do it if it will make a reasonable difference in phone performance. Just not ready yet to pull the trigger on an OS 7 device like the 9930. Thanks everyone.
    I was running various flavors of the OSBB hybrids over 587 and 600. The best for me was OSBB 600v6 and v7 over 587. I'm not sure what all the improvements were in going from v6 to v7/7.2 then 8/8.5. From what I understand, it was mostly incremental stuff to incorporate newer Java files. I had some small issues with v8 and had considered reloading v7 when I had to finally replace my original-issue 9650.

My CPO 9650 came loaded with 524. I shrunk out the extra stuff and restored my data. My apps were reloaded OTA. I can't complain about how this thing is working on straight 524. Battery drain runs around 2.5 to 3%, and I don't see any more lag than I had with any of the hybrids. The browser is a bit slower, but that's all relative -- slow is slow, and slower is still slow. I've not felt any deep need to load up anything else right now. Maybe I'll look again after a newer radio is released (newer than the 476 radio in 587 and 486 radio in 600). Who knows? It could happen...
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-06-11 at 10:30 PM.
    10-06-11 08:55 PM
    I'm still running straight 600.
    Other than the BSOD a few times (5) I haven't had but small niggling probs. My $ key doesn't type the $ sign in bbm but it DOES activate speakerphone.
    And my backlight occasionally gets 100000% bright and stays that way for about 10 secs. I think it is an explosion inside my bb. Then it calms down.

That's about it.

On another note....I just discovered BB NewsFeeds as an RSS reader!
    WOW!!! I like it so much better than the Berry reader I spent money on. MUCH better!!!
    If you like RSS readers, try this one. I just assumed that because Bellshare makes it that BerryReader would be good. It was on my 8330 but it is QUIRKY at best on the 9650!
    10-07-11 06:49 AM
    i've been pretty happy with running .431--the broswer is still a lil laggy, but i think that is just what it is with OS6. I also toggle betwn using OM 6.1 as well, so maybe an option for you to consider if you don't have it

Jaydee, strange you should mention the backlight that suddenly beems like close encounters of the 3rd kind, LOL. Mine does the same thing on 431 on occassion.
    10-07-11 07:35 AM
    I'm running the OSBB v8.5 hybrid and am having no issues with it. To me the biggest advantage was the battery life. Once I was on v7 and than V8 and v8.5 it went from 6% and 7% drain to now having it only 2% to 3%.
    10-07-11 07:52 AM
    I'm still running straight 600.
    Other than the BSOD a few times (5) I haven't had but small niggling probs. My $ key doesn't type the $ sign in bbm but it DOES activate speakerphone.
    And my backlight occasionally gets 100000% bright and stays that way for about 10 secs. I think it is an explosion inside my bb. Then it calms down.

That's about it.

On another note....I just discovered BB NewsFeeds as an RSS reader!
    WOW!!! I like it so much better than the Berry reader I spent money on. MUCH better!!!
    If you like RSS readers, try this one. I just assumed that because Bellshare makes it that BerryReader would be good. It was on my 8330 but it is QUIRKY at best on the 9650!
    Maybe what's exploding in there is RAM. Finally, memory problem SOLVED!
    10-07-11 08:21 AM
    They have been after a certain few for quite a while.
    Quite unsettling.

You guys watch too much TV!!!!!!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-11 03:09 PM
    Rich-
    My phone is bugged, too!
    10-07-11 03:38 PM
    So does anyone else use blackberry new feeds? I want to know how to add your own feed to the list. If you search and can't find the one you want, can you type in the url?

I only have a few chosen right now...and haven't tried much with it.

OK EDIT: I tried adding my own url and it works. But you have to use the native browser to see the rest of the story.
    I'm gonna try XPRES from CrapWorld and see if that's any better.
    Anyone with experience in this, I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 10-07-11 at 06:13 PM.
    10-07-11 05:53 PM
    Folks,

I have an apology to make! The video of course was a joke, as JD got. HOWEVER, it was also a suttle poke at gizmo, because he and I had a conversation yesterday after he got upset and I was able to calm him down. I THOUGHT he posted after we spoke, BUT dummy me now realizes he posted about 45 minutes BEFORE we spoke. SO I hereby apologize Paul, you DID listen to me last night!

Anyways, let me also say this. Mods are not perfect. We do this on a part time basis for no pay, simply because we really love this site. We try to be fair, and we TRY to be as hands off as possible, BUT sometimes that's just not possible. If you receive a PM warning from us, or a message in a thread, it's NOT the end of the world. It's just our attempt to get you headed in a better direction. We don't get it all right all the time, BUT we do the best we can.

Just wanted to set the record straight. No animals were harmed in the writing of this post!
    10-07-11 06:04 PM
    HOWEVER, it was also a sublet poke at gizmo, because he and I had a conversation yesterday after he got upset and I was able to calm him down. I THOUGHT he posted after we spoke, BUT dummy me now realizes he posted about 45 minutes BEFORE we spoke. SO I hereby apologize Paul, you DID listen to me last night!
    Of course I listened to you. This wasn't necessary Rich.
    10-07-11 06:09 PM
23,186 ... 668669670671672 ...