Theme Heauxs to the utmost degree!
    Love it Midd! I am working on a review for BBE so I will let you know that link tonight when I finish. I just don't have enough time at work to do that stuff right now...Geez! Why do they expect me to put personal stuff aside when I'm at work????
    ThePinkChameleon and middbrew like this.
    10-04-11 06:18 AM
    Love it Midd! I am working on a review for BBE so I will let you know that link tonight when I finish. I just don't have enough time at work to do that stuff right now...Geez! Why do they expect me to put personal stuff aside when I'm at work????
    lmao !! i know right ?!?! Your personal life should come first as far as bb goes sheesh, the nerve of your boss
    10-04-11 07:40 AM
    Hey all Ramblers.....i am VERY baffled and need any help or advice you can give me. Going back a few wks ago i dwld a theme, Lady Leopard (v12)by Nancy Drew themes. it ran fine for the day, then there was an update to v13 which i dwld and there was an issue with the theme. contacted the developer and a corrected update was made to v14. I set it and actually used it with NO issues for 3 days. I havent used it since. Today i decided to set it. WELL, heres the issue---the theme set but only 'half' of it shows in the UI. I dont even know how to explain it. I'll try. I have Cute Pink Leopard set now, when i click activate on Lady Leopard, half of the user ui sets for Lady Leopard and the other half is still stuck on Cute Pink Leopard its like my bb cant decide on which UI it should be running. Yes, ive tried a batt pull and doesnt resolve it.

Now, also, just to inform you, i had an sd card issue a week or so back using BigPinkBow from Nancy Drew themes also (i posted my issue here) I changed themes and that issue went away, so i narrowed that down to something with that theme didn't agree with my bb, because since not using that theme, my sd card with anything else is 100% fine TG

BUT i've used LadyLeopard sucessfully 2wks ago, and now i cant I thought it may have been a conflict with QuickWeather so i deleted it...and no luck Im like SUPER bummed about this because that is my favorite theme

I have NO other issues with any other themes except Morph(batex app doesnt work right) and i've tried Tarnished(which froze my bb completely to unusable).......

please any --- Ideas? suggestions? advice? throw my bb out of a closed window?

should i just chalk this up to my bb doesnt agree with nancy drew themes ??? IDK what to do.......

BTW, QuickWeather was the only app i've purchased recently since i last purchased.....jeez idk, going back to July when i bought a word search puzzle game. all of my other apps have been on my bb. and i've dwld/purch'd prob5 or 6 themes.
    10-04-11 10:25 AM
    ya know what, eff it, i'm just gonna delete that theme and call it a day. i've been stressing over too much sh!te lately and i cant have this be one of the issues.... and i don't have the time to wipe & reload the OS nor do i feel that will help anyway....i'm just starting to get really frustrated now a days with my bb, its almost like i have to cross my fingers if i want a premium theme when dwlding and hope that it'll run correctly

sorry, rant over

iPhone5 is looking good these days.....
    10-04-11 10:56 AM
    I didn't know Nancy did themes for OS6.
    I don't know what to tell you Pink. I don't know about you but I'd rather have one or two that don't work than none at all. Have you tried reloading your OS? I had a lot of trouble with 534 if that's what you're on?
    10-04-11 11:15 AM
    I didn't know Nancy did themes for OS6.
    I don't know what to tell you Pink. I don't know about you but I'd rather have one or two that don't work than none at all. Have you tried reloading your OS? I had a lot of trouble with 534 if that's what you're on?
    I understand what you mean Jaydee about having just a few that dont work than none at all. Its just really frustrating because its one that i really want....

strange thing is, out of the 100+ themes i have, literally the 2 i have from ND theme and 2 others(morph & tarnished) dont run right. Every single other one works flawlessly.....SO with that being said, i'd have to say that perhaps it was the way the theme was 'built'

I'm on 431 and ive been for the longest time now since switching from 443. it honestly runs very well on my bb so do i want to mess with it - no. & do i really have the time to, no not really.

yes, nancy does themes for OS6.

thx for your input as well.

the really strange thing of it all with Lady Leopard is, when it was upgraded to v14, i ran it on my bb for 3 straight days--no issues what so ever !! so i dont understand WTH could've changed in the last week & half that it won't run now.....it makes no friggin sense

I mean, is is possible that i have a theme i added that could be conflicting with it....is that even possible at all?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-04-11 at 11:31 AM.
    10-04-11 11:27 AM
    I do understand work getting in the way! Where did the lazy summer days go?
    10-04-11 11:49 AM
    Sorry about your theme issues P1nk. If it's just those themes by certain themers I would guess it might be something they are doing with their coding that conflicts with your phone. I agree I'm not sure reloading the OS would help. I would try deleting the theme and reinstalling it and see if that helps.
    10-04-11 11:56 AM
    Sorry about your theme issues P1nk. If it's just those themes by certain themers I would guess it might be something they are doing with their coding that conflicts with your phone. I agree I'm not sure reloading the OS would help. I would try deleting the theme and reinstalling it and see if that helps.
    thx Midd i appreciate that....and idk-i'd have to agree with you on the coding thing--although i know jack about creating a theme !! LOL

I did delete the theme and i'm gonna go back into bbAw in a bit to re-install it and see if that helps, although i'm not getting my hopes up at all.

As far as what the theme devs do within the coding of their themes, Tarnished is made by the same dev that created Cheshire. Yet i can't use Tarnished at all, it completely freezes my bb up--no TP movement what so ever, on the other hand I can run Cheshire successfully....go figure. but i guess 2 diff themes all together meaning 2 different codings.....

then there's Xans new theme getting ready to drop, Deja, which i'm very interested in, but i'm nervous to purchase it because its a gamble with my bb as of late....although i have run several of her themes in the past with NO issues. Her last 2, iterum & Vie, i did not get tho. SO that'll be a decision i'll have to make, also depending on how expensive the theme is as well....i'd hate to spend 2-3$ on it and not be able to use it on my bb at all because it just doesnt agree....

(ps-sorry for my rant earlier-i was at the top of frustrated by that point trying for the 3rd time to get that theme to run correctly and it still wouldn't)

10-04-11 12:24 PM
    ok, deleted, reinstalled and still no good. its soooo very weird what its doing. the actual UI is crossed between Cute Pink Leopard(hot pink highlights) and the Lady Leopard(baby pink&gray w/leopard accents) theme as well as the icons being mixed too-a cross of os6 transparent pink icons and custom pink&white icons....

well, deleting this one now for good.......
    10-04-11 12:38 PM
    I know that you don't want to do it, but it seems that your phone is screaming to be wiped and reloaded. If you loaded that 431 last spring, it might be time anyway. You won't have to load up the new one -- you can still get 431 from Verizon's site if you don't have it.
    10-04-11 02:40 PM
    I know that you don't want to do it, but it seems that your phone is screaming to be wiped and reloaded. If you loaded that 431 last spring, it might be time anyway. You won't have to load up the new one -- you can still get 431 from Verizon's site if you don't have it.
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]99, it was May or June(?_) that i loaded from 443 to 431, & i do have 431 stored on my laptop, which is what i always use for my bb now-backups etc.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 10-04-11 at 06:47 PM.
    10-04-11 05:03 PM
    Ok, yes, I deleted a few of my posts here cuz I was stressing out like BIG time. I'm not gonna wipe/reload my OS ATM. My nerves just can't handle it and I'm not saying that to be funny-I really can't. I can deal with the fact that 4 themes out of my 100+ don't work. Il leave my bb be and IF there comes a time where it's absolutely necessary then il worry about it but for now, I need to be able to sleep at night without an anxiety attack.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 06:53 PM
    Ok, yes, I deleted a few of my posts here cuz I was stressing out like BIG time. I'm not gonna wipe/reload my OS ATM. My nerves just can't handle it and I'm not saying that to be funny-I really can't. I can deal with the fact that 4 themes out of my 100+ don't work. Il leave my bb be and IF there comes a time where it's absolutely necessary then il worry about it but for now, I need to be able to sleep at night without an anxiety attack.....

Sorry about your issues, Pink. I had trouble with some themes and turns out it was fancy widgets app. I haven't had a problem since deleting it. Now, some of the dev have told me that font collection also interferes with the coding of themes. Try a default font (atwill have to reboot after setting it) or completely deleting and just see if that helps.

I also sweat buckets when installing an os. Still. And I've done plenty So I'm with you on that...don't worry about it right now...
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-04-11 08:01 PM
    Thx for your reply Z.

Ok, as far as fancy widgets-I ditched that right when you posted here that it gave you issues with your themes. And as often as I change themes as well, I fig'd I'd take your advice & ditch it before I go crazy having issues. So, much thx for that tip

Now, funny you mention font collection. I'm actually using oem fonts. I stopped using font collection prob about 2 mths ago cuz every time I cleared out my content store I'd have to reinstall and reset my font.....I got tired of doing that !! BUT I still have the app sitting on my bb......do you think that would make a difference and should I just delete it all together ya think?

And oh gosh, I know you've had your share of reinstalls on os's I swear after this afternoon I need a BOTTLE of Xanax(sp?) LOL

10-04-11 08:17 PM
    Thx for your reply Z.

Ok, as far as fancy widgets-I ditched that right when you posted here that it gave you issues with your themes. And as often as I change themes as well, I fig'd I'd take your advice & ditch it before I go crazy having issues. So, much thx for that tip

Now, funny you mention font collection. I'm actually using oem fonts. I stopped using font collection prob about 2 mths ago cuz every time I cleared out my content store I'd have to reinstall and reset my font.....I got tired of doing that !! BUT I still have the app sitting on my bb......do you think that would make a difference and should I just delete it all together ya think?

And oh gosh, I know you've had your share of reinstalls on os's I swear afteral this afternoon I need a BOTTLE of Xanax(sp?) LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapfo??ms.crackberry.com
    hmm...ok yes try deleting it all together. Xanax??? I have some
    10-04-11 10:05 PM
    Thx Hamster, I'm gonna delete it this morning sometime and then re-install LL and see what happens. I'm not getting my hopes up once again. BTW il take that whole bottle off your hands for you for a small price LMAO (j/k)

Midd& 99, thx for your replies also I'm just stressing about the whole wipe/reload thing (I know I know, repeating myself) but for now I'm not gonna do anything with it. I did have to go back and re-shrink the media stuff that it loaded back on when I hooked up to app loader. What I was amazed about is the few files it did add back, and then re-shrunk, I watched my mb #'s and it turned out to be 31mb in just media files......is that crazy or what !!

I liked Jaydees saying the best-I'd rather remove my spleen with a shrimp fork than reload my OS.....lol.

10-05-11 07:23 AM
    Hello Ramblers !! Anybody want to donate a new hot water heater ? Lol mine went out last night and you talking about taking a cold ___ shower ! WOOSH. I need to make my boys take cold showers,that way they won't stay in there 10 minutes ! Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 07:32 AM
    Hello Ramblers !! Anybody want to donate a new hot water heater ? Lol mine went out last night and you talking about taking a cold ___ shower ! WOOSH. I need to make my boys take cold showers,that way they won't stay in there 10 minutes ! Lol

There really isn't a good time for your hot water heater to go out, but you needed it to go out in the brutal heat of summer! That cold shower might have been nice than.

I just replaced mine last year, it really isn't that hard to do it yourself.
    10-05-11 07:59 AM

There really isn't a good time for your hot water heater to go out, but you needed it to go out in the brutal heat of summer! That cold shower might have been nice than.

I just replaced mine last year, it really isn't that hard to do it yourself.
    +1, its more of an inconvience no matter how you slice it !! g'luck with the install B!

Also, Hamster, and who ever else, just an update-deleted FontColl-reinstalled LL theme and still a no go....oh well *smh*
    10-05-11 08:09 AM
    P1nk, do you recall last spring when you had some weird things going on with your phone? You emptied the content store and that fixed some of your issues. Have you tried that?
    10-05-11 09:00 AM
    P1nk, do you recall last spring when you had some weird things going on with your phone? You emptied the content store and that fixed some of your issues. Have you tried that?
    yes, actually, i've been doing that on a weekly basis. When i see my content store gets to be around 700-800kb i clear it all out and do a reboot. in fact, as i type this, i just checked it, and its at 781 right now, so either later or 2moro i'll be clearing it again. thx for the suggestion tho.

The strangest thing about all of this, it seems to be just this theme dev i'm having issues with. Like i mention before, EVERY other theme i've ever loaded i had no issues with what so ever, besides 2 addl one- Morph and Tarnished. SO that would lead me to believe that those 2 themes have so many customizations within in them that my bb just doesnt like the file codes.....

As for the 2 from ND themes, idk-maybe like Midd said, the way she codes and creates them BigPinkBow gave me sd card issues-i changed themes & never had an issue again since using that one-so i knew it wasnt my sd card with that one, & i never had any sd card issues prior to using BipPinkBow either.

sorry if i'm repeating myself-i just want to be clear on whats happening
    10-05-11 09:17 AM
    How do you clear the content store again?
    10-05-11 10:41 AM
    How do you clear the content store again?
    Connect your phone to DM. From the DEVICE menu, hit DELETE DATA. Select SELECTED DATA, then choose what data you want to dump. Think of it as a reverse selective restore. It works the same way as restoring selected data, except that the selected data are removed from the device instead.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-05-11 11:31 AM
    Jaydee, hamster, or any one that knows the dealio with app world. I have a question-I dwld a free at the time theme, tempo by raypho(very nice might I add). Now last week I was just clearing out some room on my bb and I wasn't using it at the time so I deleted it, but it still shows in "my world". Well, I went to dwld it today cuz I wanted to use it but it told me that it's not avail in app world and I would have to purchase it now I was under the impression that once you dwld something, free or not, and its in "my world" that you have access to it at any time.

So am I wrong? Because now that theme is no longer avail for free and I've deleted it during this change without knowing, even though it's in my world i'd have to purchase it now if I want it?

I'm confused here.....

10-05-11 06:31 PM
23,186 ... 667668669670671 ...