Is there a color called "dark pink?"
    yes there is, but the colors within the ui of this theme are black and silver gray
    BIG change for me

if you like, 99, i can suggest quite a few themes that have pink fonts & ui's if your interested

(i'm j/k)

I paid $6.99 once and only once for a theme. Hedone Design. All their themes are that price or at least they used to be. very nice professional theme tho. Alot of work went into it. Seemed worth it at the time.
    Jim, i paid $6 or 7 bucks for a theme ONCE, and guess where it is now ??? I no longer use it......

and yes, Hedone's themes are up there price wise - i've seen. i think BB Freaks themes are pricey also....

Pink,
    I agree! I think themes have gotten awfully expensive lately. I mean, I can hardly buy groceries with my paycheck but not to feed my theme addiction, it would cost hundreds! Yikes. Good thing the copies I review are no cost to me or Houston, we'd have a problem.

I also understand why they are priced that way. The themers really do work long and hard and spend time to correct every little problem and well, when you think about it...a few bucks isn't all that much. but if you buy a number of themes, it can add up fast! I feel sorry for themers. They can't sell a few copies and make real money. It's all pocket change.

Let me go on the record by saying I support what they do and I love themes. We want them so we will pay!
    Jaydee, i completely understand the time & effort they put into the themes, don't get me wrong.

There was a premium theme that just came out within the past week and i looked into buying it....but when i saw the price tag of $5.99 i closed the page out. Your very fortunate that you do reviews and you get them free As many themes as i buy/go thru, spending 5-7$ on each theme, even with a Mobi coupon, i just cant afford to do that--i'd be broke and my hubby would be like WTF he knows my theme addiction & how many i have & i've told him, "dont worry-i stick to the free or 99c ones now" he says "good cuz i know how quickly you go thru them" LOL

If i were the type to buy just one or 2 themes to use for the rest of my bb life on that device, it wouldnt be an issue. But, like you, i often change themes as often as i shower lmao.
    09-30-11 07:53 AM
    I hear Dr. Drew is developing a new rehab reality show entitled; "Themes To Live By". I suspect Pink and Jaydee would be handsomely compensated for their participation, thereby securing a steady income stream for additional theme purchases. Of course that does kind of defeat the purpose of the show. Just sayin...
    09-30-11 10:03 AM
    I hear Dr. Drew is developing a new rehab reality show entitled; "Themes To Live By". I suspect Pink and Jaydee would be handsomely compensated for their participation, thereby securing a steady income stream for additional theme purchases. Of course that does kind of defeat the purpose of the show. Just sayin...
    That would be a good reality show! Hamster would be on it too!
    09-30-11 10:23 AM
    definately--- get Hamster too !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 01:58 PM
    I wonder how many people are paying the $6 or $7 for a theme. Mine aren't anywhere near as customized as those, but I would find it hard to charge that much. There are way to many themes being made and released every week that people have some very cheap or free offerings and don't need to pay that much.

P.S. I wouldn't pay that even if I didn't make my own.
    10-01-11 09:01 AM
    I wonder how many people are paying the $6 or $7 for a theme. Mine aren't anywhere near as customized as those, but I would find it hard to charge that much. There are way to many themes being made and released every week that people have some very cheap or free offerings and don't need to pay that much.

P.S. I wouldn't pay that even if I didn't make my own.
    Speaking of yours, when is the new one being released? Are you making some changes yet? Can I post some screen shots?
    10-01-11 12:52 PM
    Speaking of yours, when is the new one being released? Are you making some changes yet? Can I post some screen shots?
    I'm making a number of changes. I'm hoping to release it either tomorrow or Monday. Sure, if you want to post a screenshot that cool. I'm not set on the name of the theme yet so not sure you want to add that.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-01-11 01:07 PM
    That would be a good reality show! Hamster would be on it too!
    definately--- get Hamster too !!

Yes, Yes!!! Me toooo!!!!

I'm making a number of changes. I'm hoping to release it either tomorrow or Monday. Sure, if you want to post a screenshot that cool. I'm not set on the name of the theme yet so not sure you want to add that.
    Cool....I will post some too
    10-01-11 01:22 PM
    JayDee

The trackpad on my daughter's new 9650 failed. It doesn't work in any direction, but the click works. I recall that you had a similar problem not long after you upgraded to OS6. How did you fix it? Did you replace a specific COD, wipe and reload the entire OS, or did you have to replace the phone?
    10-02-11 10:50 AM
    JayDee

The trackpad on my daughter's new 9650 failed. It doesn't work in any direction, but the click works. I recall that you had a similar problem not long after you upgraded to OS6. How did you fix it? Did you replace a specific COD, wipe and reload the entire OS, or did you have to replace the phone?
    Underway,
    you have a better memory than I do! I think I reloaded the OS. I'm sure I didn't get a new device because my first (of 4) new devices didn't come till after the letters had worn off my keyboard. I must have reloaded the OS...maybe loading a diff version would help?
    10-02-11 11:37 AM
    Underway,
    you have a better memory than I do! I think I reloaded the OS. I'm sure I didn't get a new device because my first (of 4) new devices didn't come till after the letters had worn off my keyboard. I must have reloaded the OS...maybe loading a diff version would help?
    I'm going to try reloading the OS when she gets home tonight. I loaded OSBB 600v8 before I gave it to her. I may go to straight 587 this time, or maybe even 524 like it came from the box. I haven't installed the hybrid on my new one yet.

I got my new 9650 Thursday and immediately slicked it and loaded the hybrid. Later that evening, I found a problem with the USB socket. The phone would connect to DM once. If I disconnected from the PC and reconnected to install another app or sync, the computer wouldn't recognize the phone until I rebooted the phone. I had the same problem on another computer, so the issue was localized to the device. I ordered a replacement from some gal at VZW. She was apparently very new, BTW, because she actually wanted to walk through the troubleshooting guide. She finally gave up after I kept helping her through and explaining the steps.

This new CPO phone is running very well on straight 524. Who'd have thought, right? My only problem is that BB AppWorld won't connect. The tech folks at VZW told me yesterday that RIM was having some network problems so I'm not sure that this isn't part of a bigger issue. I'm just going to leave this one alone for now.

UPDATE: AppWorld works now. It must have been a network issue.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-02-11 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Update AppWorld
    10-02-11 02:47 PM
    99, sorry to hear your daughter is having TP issues, and your replacement you recd just as well. Hope you get both resolved soon.

As for bbAw, I've been seeing A LOT of complaints/issues with the newest 3.73 version of it not connecting or getting errors etc. I'm can actually say, I'm sooo glad I decided NOT to upgrade and just stay with the latest version of 2.X. I know some may frown on that BUT I know what I have works, so I'm leaving well enough alone

within the past, whatever 3 days or so that Rim said was a bbAw issue, I had no problems accessing mine all wk/end. So maybe it does have to do with the new 3.X version. IDK

10-02-11 05:31 PM
    99, sorry to hear your daughter is having TP issues, and your replacement you recd just as well. Hope you get both resolved soon.

As for bbAw, I've been seeing A LOT of complaints/issues with the newest 3.73 version of it not connecting or getting errors etc. I'm can actually say, I'm sooo glad I decided NOT to upgrade and just stay with the latest version of 2.X. I know some may frown on that BUT I know what I have works, so I'm leaving well enough alone

within the past, whatever 3 days or so that Rim said was a bbAw issue, I had no problems accessing mine all wk/end. So maybe it does have to do with the new 3.X version. IDK

Thanks P1nk. No complaints for now -- my new one is running very well. I'll reload the other one tonight and that should be good, too.

I had AppWorld running on the other BBs with no issues. It was just the one on my phone. I don't know if the other phones in the house were affected this weekend. I didn't think to check by hitting the app from another phone. Oh well, I'm running now.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-02-11 at 07:50 PM.
    10-02-11 07:47 PM
    I just saw Midd's post here that he'll be releasing a halloweenie theme soon ? sweet !!
    10-03-11 08:28 AM
    Hey, folks, rather than get told to search in the "real" 9930 forum, I figured I'd ask here amongst the friendlier essex types.

Does the 9930 or will the 9930 have what I guess is called wifi-hotspot ability? I guess that means does it have the hardware necessary? I realize whether rim enables it if it is present is another question and how Verizon deals with it (I'm sure for another small fee of another $30/month).

Thanks in advance and hope the beginning of Fall has been pleasant to everyone.
    10-03-11 09:25 AM
    Hey, folks, rather than get told to search in the "real" 9930 forum, I figured I'd ask here amongst the friendlier essex types.

Does the 9930 or will the 9930 have what I guess is called wifi-hotspot ability? I guess that means does it have the hardware necessary? I realize whether rim enables it if it is present is another question and how Verizon deals with it (I'm sure for another small fee of another $30/month).

Thanks in advance and hope the beginning of Fall has been pleasant to everyone.
    As I understand it, that hardware capability is already there, and will require an OS upgrade to make it work. Having said that, I think we all expect Big Red to charge extra for it, just like they charge Android users to use their hotspot feature.
    10-03-11 09:41 AM
    As I understand it, that hardware capability is already there, and will require an OS upgrade to make it work. Having said that, I think we all expect Big Red to charge extra for it, just like they charge Android users to use their hotspot feature.
    Aha. Thanks for the quick reply. If you know, do they also charge iphone users or is there a special deal with Apple? At least, I've heard that the iphone has hotspot?

Again, thanks.
    10-03-11 10:44 AM
    Hot spot is twenty bucks for 2GB. Any overage, even slight is another 20. I have dropped mine.
    I understand any 4G hotspot device has an unlimited $30/month hot spot plan. Interesting difference. I found the hot spot feature a little annoying sometimes when it would take up to 5 min to connect and sometimes connect immediately. I guess YMMV as always. The tethering feature (paid) is the same but last I checked it's only $10 for another gig if you go over. That's quite diff than the hot spot overage. I've resumed stealth tethering when needed. Much cheaper
    Last edited by cbreze; 10-03-11 at 11:06 AM.
    10-03-11 10:49 AM
    cbreze:

Thanks for the additional info. I've only read about the idea of the phone being used as a wifi source. I've also got tether but have not used it in quite a while. I used it more at work to get around some of their filters like for youtube. I used it on one or two trips with a friend's laptop, too.

Hotspot is another feature but it sounds as if Verzon is a bit too pricey for my needs/tastes.
    10-03-11 12:26 PM
    I just saw Midd's post here that he'll be releasing a halloweenie theme soon ? sweet !!
    The theme is up!

If anyone wants a coupon to get it free PM me.
    jaydee5799 and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-03-11 02:03 PM
    The theme is up!

YaaaaaY !!!! I just got in and saw this. I'm psyched Midd

10-03-11 05:09 PM
    The theme is up!

Midd-The theme is great! Very nicely done and very functional while keeping in the Halloween spirit!

Don't miss it Ramblers!!!
    middbrew likes this.
    10-03-11 05:26 PM
    Midd-The theme is great! Very nicely done and very functional while keeping in the Halloween spirit!

Don't miss it Ramblers!!!Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image

i actually just got mine and it's veeeeeeeeeery cute I love the little added Halloween touches Midd put into it

I'm just setting it all up now & getting ready for ss's, theeeeeeen the reboot lol.

middbrew likes this.
    10-03-11 06:08 PM

Don't miss it Ramblers!!!Click to view quoted imageClick to view quoted image
    i actually just got mine and it's veeeeeeeeeery cute I love the little added Halloween touches Midd put into it

I'm just setting it all up now & getting ready for ss's, theeeeeeen the reboot lol.

Thanks JayDee and P1nk!

I want to thank JayDee and Hampster for all their help testing it.
    10-03-11 09:07 PM
    The theme is up!

I third the motion! It is super cute!

Thanks JayDee and P1nk!

I want to thank JayDee and Hampster for all their help testing it.

Very welcome! We are theme heaux. We don't mind
    jaydee5799 and middbrew like this.
    10-03-11 09:38 PM
23,186 ... 666667668669670 ...