YaY for the 9650 OTW !!

K coo il check it out. I actually get a 25% discount on accessories so it may be worth it to just get a batt from them knowing they prob move a good bit of stock

Thx 99

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That was my thought too. The price is the same as here at the CB store. I found them for a lot less at Amazon, but who knows how long those have been sitting since being produced? Big Red's return policy is like Costco and Nordstrom, too. If they roll over before their time, they go back.
    09-26-11 08:06 PM
    That was my thought too. The price is the same as here at the CB store. I found them for a lot less at Amazon, but who knows how long those have been sitting since being produced? Big Red's return policy is like Costco and Nordstrom, too. If they roll over before their time, they go back.
    i did some quick surfing off my iPad last night to amazon, AG and daydeal. Amazon had batt's as low as $6, but from dealers i've never heard of, so i passed on that. As for AccessoryGeeks and DayDeal-their prices were about 24-28$ and that didn't include shipping, so it would prob work out to be the same as VzW $30 deal. So, i'll prob do what you did and just order from VzW for myself

On another note, does anyone remember the show M*A*S*H ??? OMG. i was up at 230am, for what given reason is beyond me and i found it on the TV Land Channel !! I used to loooooove watching that show when it was on regularly

G'moring all
    09-27-11 07:47 AM
    Yes, I remember M*A*S*H. I can't tell you how many times I've seen most of them. My wife found it on cable some years back, and there were nights that I had to watch three or four episodes. Ack! Serious overkill. Just like six hours of CSI, Law and Order, Bones, Mentalist, etc. Then more the next night. Just shoot me. It'd be a quicker and more humane death than having the life slowly sucked from my head every night.

It looks like my phone wasn't charging through the USB port at all. I got the charging icon when connected to the computer, but apparently no juice was flowing.

I keep telling my kids that school work comes before play. I suppose I need to get my homework done before my "like new replacement device" arrives after lunch.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-27-11 at 10:08 AM.
    09-27-11 09:38 AM
    Yes, I remember M*A*S*H. I can't tell you how many times I've seen most of them. My wife found it on cable some years back, and there were nights that I had to watch three or four episodes. Ack! Serious overkill. Just like six hours of CSI, Law and Order, Bones, Mentalist, etc. Then more the next night. Just shoot me. It'd be a quicker and more humane death than having the life slowly sucked from my head every night.

It looks like my phone wasn't charging through the USB port at all. I got the charging icon when connected to the computer, but apparently no juice was flowing.

I keep telling my kids that school work comes before play. I suppose I need to get my homework done before my "like new replacement device" arrives after lunch.
    99 i would agree, watching 6-7 straight hours of it would leave my eyeballs to roll out of sockets LOL same as csi, L&O, etc.....

good luck with the new baby when it gets there

strangely enough you had batt issue 99, and strangest thing happened AGAIN, this is #3, to my bb when i arrived home from my docs appt. I plugged into wall to charge, a msg. came up saying something like the charger wasnt fit for my device click ok for more info-which i did, and in the pop up box there was this small paragraph about how the usb cable wasnt for my device & to find a proper charging source i was like WTF?!?!?! so i clicked out of that msg, unplugged & plugged back in--bb is charging now. I wonder if when i went to insert the usb port to my bb that it didn't connect all the way perhaps?? i hoping thats all it was !! its the wall charger that came with my bb, and i've been using it since-this was the first time i EVER saw something like that......i should of took a ss of it.

ok so thats 3 issues for me this week--enough with the joujou !! (app error 602, a theme issue with my sdcard/bw & now charging)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-27-11 at 11:18 AM.
    09-27-11 11:16 AM

Born on date is 20SEP. Doesn't get any fresher than that!
    middbrew likes this.
    09-27-11 02:40 PM
    Alright, call me oblivious, but where did you happen to find your devices 'born on' date I'd like to find mine

Congrats 99 on the new device

09-27-11 03:00 PM
    Look on the label under the battery. On this example, the manufacture date is 14AUG2011.

09-27-11 03:24 PM
    Ohhhhhh.......il have to check that next time I need a reboot I never noticed that before, then again, I never really checked out the info under the battery that I can recall

Thx 99

09-27-11 03:49 PM
    It is also in the outside label of the original box. Look there if you still have the box.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 05:28 PM
    yep I have the boxes. Both my sons & my box it's says 171110. It's in a different spot than what you pix'd of the inside behind the battery. Also both Made in Mexico6. so the date is nov 17, 2010 & we got them together on Dec 15th I think the day was. Of 2010.

I keep the boxes for EVERY SINGLE CELL PH so that when we're done with them I can package them just as they came. I have about 10 phones to donate BUT I'm still hanging on to my pink 8330.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-27-11 at 06:20 PM.
    09-27-11 06:18 PM
    yep I have the boxes. Both my sons & my box it's says 171110. It's in a different spot than what you pix'd of the inside behind the battery. Also both Made in Mexico6. so the date is nov 17, 2010 & we got them together on Dec 15th I think the day was. Of 2010.

I keep the boxes for EVERY SINGLE CELL PH so that when we're done with them I can package them just as they came. I have about 10 phones to donate BUT I'm still hanging on to my pink 8330.

Good deal. I save them too.

I have my project waiting for me after I get home from class tonight. Looks like another late night reloading a new OS (it came with 524) and making the new phone work.
    09-27-11 06:51 PM
    well good luck with loading the os. And 524? I'm surprised, isn't 600 the latest 'official'? Or is that not VzW's. With all the os #'s flying around I get confused of whose belongs to what carrier lol.

09-27-11 06:57 PM
    Looks like another late night reloading a new OS (it came with 524) and making the new phone work.
    You love it!
    09-28-11 12:38 AM
    well good luck with loading the os. And 524? I'm surprised, isn't 600 the latest 'official'? Or is that not VzW's. With all the os #'s flying around I get confused of whose belongs to what carrier lol.

No 524 is VZW's latest official, that's why his phone came with it.
    I am using 600 and it has been a bit better than 524 for me but I HAVE gotten the black screen of death about 4 or 5 times. I am entertaining the thought of a hybrid but am too lazy. I would rather remove my liver with a shrimp fork than reload my OS these days...

Work's a beyotch and so are husbands it seems. HAHA

Have a good day everyone.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-28-11 06:18 AM
    No 524 is VZW's latest official, that's why his phone came with it.
    I am using 600 and it has been a bit better than 524 for me but I HAVE gotten the black screen of death about 4 or 5 times. I am entertaining the thought of a hybrid but am too lazy. I would rather remove my liver with a shrimp fork than reload my OS these days...

Work's a beyotch and so are husbands it seems. HAHA

Have a good day everyone.
    LMAO !! but, i feel the same way.....

thx for clarifying the os thing Jaydee. theres always sooo many os's flying around, you forget which belongs to who and whats official, lol.

this black screen of death you refer to, now, i get something i *think* is what you guys are referring to, idk. when i click my top left unlock button, sometimes the screen will stay black for a few seconds then light up.....is that what you mean by that? so i'm on 431 and see this on not many occassions AND i think it has to do with what theme i'm running too, because sometimes it'll happen and others it won't.

BTW, speaking of 524 being the latest from Vzw--is this not a good OS? too many bugs/glitches?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-28-11 at 07:38 AM.
    09-28-11 07:34 AM
    Hello all from sunny (now it is) Topsail Island..

First couple of days were a was out, but now the weather is perfect. Getting a lot of relaxing time and the beach is awesome.

I have .587 and it runs well so far. I did have a random reboot issue for a day, but that is all gone..I hope.

Jaydee...you crack me up. Reading about your boxes and now your aversion to changing os makes my day.

I also need to get a new battery (for extra) now where did you guys say is the best place?
    I haven't read through all the posts, sorry I do get a 20% discount of accessories at VZW...

Thanks and I will check back in later!
    09-28-11 07:41 AM
    Hello all from sunny (now it is) Topsail Island..

First couple of days were a was out, but now the weather is perfect. Getting a lot of relaxing time and the beach is awesome.

I have .587 and it runs well so far. I did have a random reboot issue for a day, but that is all gone..I hope.

Jaydee...you crack me up. Reading about your boxes and now your aversion to changing os makes my day.

I also need to get a new battery (for extra) now where did you guys say is the best place?
    I haven't read through all the posts, sorry I do get a 20% discount of accessories at VZW...

Thanks and I will check back in later!
    hi Hamster, glad to hear your having a good time and the weather has improved for you

.587, is that like 600 where you need to add in those cod ribbons because of the theme issue?

and yes, VzW is where 99 got both his batt's and where i'm going to order mine soon as well
    09-28-11 07:47 AM
    .587, is that like 600 where you need to add in those cod ribbons because of the theme issue?
    Yes you need to add in the ribbon cods with both 587 and 600.

FYI: 600 is the official OS for Alaska Communications Systems, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, CBeyond, Element Mobile, Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless. NTELOS, Pioneer Telephone, RINA, and Sprint.

587 is the official for Cellular South
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-28-11 09:15 AM
    hi Hamster, glad to hear your having a good time and the weather has improved for you

and yes, VzW is where 99 got both his batt's and where i'm going to order mine soon as well
    HAHA. The extra battery thing is something I figured out a long time ago with my wacky wireless at work.
    It drains my battery so I use the extended one I bought ALL THE TIME and have two regular 1400 spares and a charging pod on my desk and in my car. No excuses for a dead battery anymore from me!!!!
    09-28-11 09:49 AM
    Yes you need to add in the ribbon cods with both 587 and 600.

FYI: 600 is the official OS for Alaska Communications Systems, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, CBeyond, Element Mobile, Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless. NTELOS, Pioneer Telephone, RINA, and Sprint.

587 is the official for Cellular South
    thx Midd, i was wondering if those were the os's that needed that. I don't plan on updating any time soon, but i did want to be informed on it

oh, and thx also for the clarification on whose os is whose.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-28-11 at 10:25 AM.
    09-28-11 10:23 AM
    HAHA. The extra battery thing is something I figured out a long time ago with my wacky wireless at work.
    It drains my battery so I use the extended one I bought ALL THE TIME and have two regular 1400 spares and a charging pod on my desk and in my car. No excuses for a dead battery anymore from me!!!!
    Oh, I keep spares charged too. They've just been used a bunch and don't hold a charge like they used to. The Energizer Bunny dropped them off and ran.

The new ones are just replacements for the spares, that's all.
    09-28-11 11:38 AM
    [rant]ok, is it just me or have themes just really started getting even more expensive lately.....I'm seeing prices now anywhere from 3.99 all the way up to 5.99 and some even 6.99

I'm not one to take anyones thunder away, I understand how hard theme devs must work on them, but it just seems like prices have seriously escalated

I refuse to pay more than $2 these days for a theme because of how quickly I go thru them......but that's just me. Usually if I see a theme for 99c and it's something I'm interested in il grab it in a heartbeat. [/rant]

BTW for this of you that really love the default style OS6 theme, GTT has 'Klasse' on sale for, yep you guessed it, 99c. What an awesome theme, it has a darker ui and uses OS7 icons

09-29-11 08:47 PM
    [rant]ok, is it just me or have themes just really started getting even more expensive lately.....I'm seeing prices now anywhere from 3.99 all the way up to 5.99 and some even 6.99

I'm not one to take anyones thunder away, I understand how hard theme devs must work on them, but it just seems like prices have seriously escalated

I refuse to pay more than $2 these days for a theme because of how quickly I go thru them......but that's just me. Usually if I see a theme for 99c and it's something I'm interested in il grab it in a heartbeat. [/rant]

BTW for this of you that really love the default style OS6 theme, GTT has 'Klasse' on sale for, yep you guessed it, 99c. What an awesome theme, it has a darker ui and uses OS7 icons

Is there a color called "dark pink?"
    09-29-11 09:05 PM
    I paid $6.99 once and only once for a theme. Hedone Design. All their themes are that price or at least they used to be. very nice professional theme tho. Alot of work went into it. Seemed worth it at the time.
    09-29-11 11:46 PM

Pink,
    I agree! I think themes have gotten awfully expensive lately. I mean, I can hardly buy groceries with my paycheck but not to feed my theme addiction, it would cost hundreds! Yikes. Good thing the copies I review are no cost to me or Houston, we'd have a problem.

I also understand why they are priced that way. The themers really do work long and hard and spend time to correct every little problem and well, when you think about it...a few bucks isn't all that much. but if you buy a number of themes, it can add up fast! I feel sorry for themers. They can't sell a few copies and make real money. It's all pocket change.

Let me go on the record by saying I support what they do and I love themes. We want them so we will pay!
    09-30-11 06:12 AM
23,186 ... 665666667668669 ...