awwwwww come on 99 !! don't be a party pooper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm sure that there's some kind of syndrome for that, along with the attending pill or device (not approved by the FDA to cause, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease) to be sold on late-night cable TV or ads on ESPN radio.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-20-11 03:58 PM
    oh btw Midd, congrats on winning that cute pink leopard theme from ale7714 designs I can't wait to see your screenies you'll be posting and by allllll means, feel free to share here too. I'm sure the guys will let one slide just so you can show off LMAO

Ummm. No.
    Calm down! There will be no SS of that theme from me.

Just so you know I gave the coupon code to P!nk.
    09-20-11 05:28 PM

Midd I was starting to worry about you!!!
    09-20-11 05:32 PM
    I don't really see my self getting anything but a BB. But I do have to admit I have glanced out of the corner of my eye at a couple of driods. I have a lot of friends that have them and they really like them. Some of the newer ones (motorola photon/Electrify) has a bigger battery included, 1700 I believe. If I'm still with Alltel when I get a new phone in a couple of years and they don't have any good BBs I might be forced to go over to the dark side.
    09-20-11 05:33 PM
    Midd I was starting to worry about you!!!
    Yeah, a few of the guys in the OSBB BBM group really gave me a hard time for winning it. But don't worry.
    09-20-11 05:55 PM
    My daughter had an upgrade in August. She HAD to have an Android device and chose Motorola's Droid 3. It seems that most of her friends have iPhones or some Android phone, so she thought she was missing out. You can see where this is going, right?

She'd been complaining about the battery life, but wasn't ready to buy the extended battery (the poor soon-to-be-college student). She was traveling with friends this past weekend, and the phone battery kept draining to "E". Additionally, she either lost text messages or received them hours after being sent. She was in Los Angeles where I expect that neither signal or coverage was the problem. Frustration set in more than once. I have several other acquaintances (spouses of friends, etc) that have had similar issues with their Android phones spread over different manufacturers. At any rate, my daughter wants to go back to BlackBerry, specifically the 9850. Of course, she's had the Droid for 19 days now, so she can't just send it back to Big Red and get the right phone. We had this talk before I ordered the phone for her. Life-lesson time here? Last night, she even said "Dad, you were right. This phone is a mistake." Big check in the box there! I wish I'd recorded it...

Buying the Droid has also given me a chance to work with one first hand. My eye was wandering a bit, especially after trying the 9930 and the touchscreen. Jim talks about how much he likes the Casio that he's using. But looking at the Droid's data usage (over 4GB in just the 19 days) and comparing it to the potential throttling issue, along with the battery life and the hit-or-miss messaging has scratched that itch for me. I'm a "dance with the girl you brought with you" kind of guy. I see no reason to leave the BB fold. And now, neither does my daughter!
    Funny, but I found all the other droids to be to squirley. I agree that lock ups/freezes are common on those. I think imho anyway that there are 2 basic problems with androids and that is 4G/LTE is not fully baked and they seem to tread back and forth from 4 to 3G, even when in a full 4G area. Second most of the time kids have these and they have everything under the sun on them which makes them act weird and force closes stuff and causes freezes and reboots. I come to this conclusion after trying several at different times and also after using my own which is trimmed down, unrooted, not messed with and is not app heavy. I've not had any of the issues reported by tbolt users or bionic users and battery life is pretty decent. All right outta the box...go figure. I don't get their speeds of course but I'm fine at my own speed and I prefer stability anyway. Can't comment on sms since I use email exclusively.
    NOW.... tho I do get an urge for a BB every so often, I scratch that itch by reading the issues threads and also considering the $545 price tag. Then I'm back to reality. I don't much care for the build quality of those droids either , guess I'm spoiled. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to a lesser build quality.
    09-20-11 07:11 PM
    Just been catching up on the ramblings as I've been limiting my CB time the past two weeks. I've been off of work enjoying time with my parents who came over for a two week visit from England.

I have to admit that I have looked interestingly at the droids before but couldn't see any reason to move away from BB. I was also questioning whether or not it would be worth upgrading my storm2 to an OS7 device and I have to say that I'm really glad I made the move. This 9850 is freaking awesome! Blisteringly fast and I'm loving OS7. I looking forward to being let loose on the theme tools for OS7 when they eventually surface.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    FF22 and underway99 like this.
    09-20-11 09:54 PM
    99 it's very easy to have wandering eyes with a shiny new device, I'm guilty of it too with the iPhone !! I agree with tazz, while it is a nice device I've come to the conclusion like you & tazz, that there is no reason to leave bb. I enjoy using my iPad and I enjoy using the hubby's iPhone at times when I steal it, but ive concluded that it's just not for me I guess I'm a bb girl

Now I'm sure you would agree, if you had a dollar for every time one of your kids said to you like they've done with me 'mom/dad I should've listened to you....' we'd be millionaires LOL

I'm sorry to hear that your daught is having a bad experience with the droid too, that does have to be frustrating......

I hope you do nlt mind my asking about the ipad. And i realize tje questiom kind of overlaps my issue with os6. If you were reading tbis forum or thread and you pinch/zoom on this message does the ipad word wrap or reformat paragraphs? The playbook does not wrap or reformat. it will zoom but them you habe to scroll back and forth.

Thanks in advance.
    09-20-11 11:03 PM
    I hope you do nlt mind my asking about the ipad. And i realize tje questiom kind of overlaps my issue with os6. If you were reading tbis forum or thread and you pinch/zoom on this message does the ipad word wrap or reformat paragraphs? The playbook does not wrap or reformat. it will zoom but them you habe to scroll back and forth.

Thanks in advance.
    It is just like the playbook. No reformatting with the iPad.
    09-20-11 11:42 PM
    F2, Are you driving and typing again?
    09-20-11 11:55 PM
    F2, Are you driving and typing again?
    Nah - drunking and typing - well, actually I was using my Playbook which does such a NON-incredible job of "autotext" or spelling-assist!

It does not add PERIODS after spaces and does not capitalize the new word in the next sentence. It is a bit hard (very hard for me) to place the cursor to correct typos. Otherwise it is nearly perfect if you don't want Apostrophes (next keyboard page) or Questionmarks (next keyboard page) or / (next keyboard page), or numbers (all together now - next keyboard page) etc.

Oh, and thanks for the ipad info, Underway.

Should I go back and edit it or leave it for posterity?
    09-21-11 12:35 AM
    Leave it. It's already archived somewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 01:22 AM
    If I had a dollar for every time one of my kids said that, I'd have $2 now. I'd be rolling in cash if they said it every time that they SHOULD have said it!
    well, guess ya can't win them all !

I'm sure that there's some kind of syndrome for that, along with the attending pill or device (not approved by the FDA to cause, diagnose, treat, or cure any disease) to be sold on late-night cable TV or ads on ESPN radio.
    LOL!!

tysvm for this Midd, i will definately enjoy it

although, that would've been great to see a ss from you with the leopard theme set LMAO

(j/k-gotta bust ya chops all in good fun)
    09-21-11 06:51 AM

Thanks in advance.
    It is just like the playbook. No reformatting with the iPad.
    thx for answering that for me, 99.
    09-21-11 06:54 AM
    btw, for those of you that have used it already, do you find using the PM thru mobile a little strange--its a long vertical skinny rectangular box instead of a horizontal rectangle now....it just seems very awkward to me to use now....

g'morn all
    09-21-11 07:12 AM
    Nah - drunking and typing - well, actually I was using my Playbook which does such a NON-incredible job of "autotext" or spelling-assist!

It does not add PERIODS after spaces and does not capitalize the new word in the next sentence. It is a bit hard (very hard for me) to place the cursor to correct typos. Otherwise it is nearly perfect if you don't want Apostrophes (next keyboard page) or Questionmarks (next keyboard page) or / (next keyboard page), or numbers (all together now - next keyboard page) etc.

Oh, and thanks for the ipad info, Underway.

Should I go back and edit it or leave it for posterity?
    F2, were you "drunking" a gun and tonic?
    LMAO!!!
    09-22-11 11:36 AM
    Crap speeds today. Again! This kind of speed seems to happen now since the 15th and everyday around 3 to 4pm AZ time. Never happened before the 15th! No text warning alert or anything. My data usage is 3.1GB with 3 days left in the billing cycle. So I'm over the "heavy user" classification of 2GB/month, I guess I'm now a "super heavy abuser" or something. Geeez... Maybe I need to come back to the compressed data technology of the BB, Eh?? So I'm kind of concluding that this is how it's going to be with the new "Network Craptomization" plans. Awesome!

09-22-11 06:02 PM
    Crap speeds today. Again! This kind of speed seems to happen now since the 15th and everyday around 3 to 4pm AZ time. Never happened before the 15th! No text warning alert or anything. My data usage is 3.1GB with 3 days left in the billing cycle. So I'm over the "heavy user" classification of 2GB/month, I guess I'm now a "super heavy abuser" or something. Geeez... Maybe I need to come back to the compressed data technology of the BB, Eh?? So I'm kind of concluding that this is how it's going to be with the new "Network Craptomization" plans. Awesome!

Click to view quoted image
    9850 in your future? I'm assuming you have gotten use to the big touch screen and need that in a more data friendly device. I can see that it would be frustrating being "throttled". Mass protest against VZW?
    09-22-11 09:29 PM
    F2, were you "drunking" a gun and tonic?
    LMAO!!!
    I should have been clear. I purposely typed "drunking" as part of my "slurred" "speech" (as opposed to the SLURS now being discussed in regards to young people slurring folks who are different)

And, I've been doing more Campari and Tonic and recently Trader Joes has an Italian Grapefruit Soda. It is excellent on its own but but really good with Campari over ice. As summer fades, I may have to move to something a bit less summery or reminding me of the Dolomites.

I am most disturbed that I did not buy a few bottles of the Campari when I was down in Calif/Nev where it is a whole lot cheaper than WA state.
    09-22-11 09:48 PM
    9850 in your future? I'm assuming you have gotten use to the big touch screen and need that in a more data friendly device. I can see that it would be frustrating being "throttled". Mass protest against VZW?
    Ha! Nah, much as I love my casio if I were going to go for a BB it'd hafta have a real KB.
    Do any of the other "ramblers" go over 2GB in a month ever?.....I wonder. I've read some others who use pandora and the like go well over. so compressing that data might not be the solution all the time. It's kind of hard to really believe there are NOT a lot more people going over.

Big diff between this speed and earlier. The earlier was an "F". At least now it's "F"+
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-11 at 12:14 AM.
    09-23-11 12:09 AM
    I only went over a gig once - it was when I was in Europe. I (we) used 3gigs. I say we because 3 of us checked email but I did most of the browsing. Looking up terms and translations, checking on news and crackberry back home, using the gps.

That was when Verizon offered the UNlimited data on their Global plan for about $60/month. From what has been reported and calculated, under their new "plan" I would be expecting a bill in THOUSANDS of $$$$$. Their "plan" is barely a plan at all.
    09-23-11 09:56 AM
    So does this mean I can expect to pay more while i listen to ESPN and watch their video podcasts? Was just getting to like that too!
    09-23-11 10:20 AM
    So does this mean I can expect to pay more while i listen to ESPN and watch their video podcasts? Was just getting to like that too!
    I don't expect that your bill will go up. If you exceed the magic 2GB line, you might have the download speed throttled to the point that streaming ESPN or NFL Network or Pandora would be unbearable.
    09-23-11 11:38 AM
    I don't expect that your bill will go up. If you exceed the magic 2GB line, you might have the download speed throttled to the point that streaming ESPN or NFL Network or Pandora would be unbearable.
    I would think that anyone who does much streaming over the course of a month would exceed their 2Gb quite easily. Verizon's answer to this is "no problem, just upgrade to one of our tiered plans". They actually call this an "upgrade" to go from unlimited to tiered because if you go to a high enough tier you won't experience throttling since you won't go over. Nice. So now your paying $70 to $80 a month for enough data to stream and use their apps like NFL and the like. So pay up to twice as much for data we used to get for half as much. Again, NICE! This is their strategy to get rid of the unlimited plans altogether I'm sure.
    I have no problem with Verizon charging whatever they want and if we don't like it we have other choices, that's business. What I do have a problem with is the arbitrary line in the sand of 2GB a month. And the untruth in their statement that only a very few (5%) actually go over it. BS nonsense! I'm sure there are more than 5% of users who stream and use gps all day, what about netflix?? If they set the bar at 5GB a month, it would make more sense and they wouldn't be alienating their customers.

Ha, almost forgot another classic statement. "upgrade to a 4G device, no throttling". Yeah, for how long??
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-23-11 at 04:39 PM.
    09-23-11 01:44 PM
    Jim, i was never a big user, i guess you could call it. I just checked on where i'm at, my cycle closes today and i've used a total of 0.238GB's (243MB). I honestly don't think there was every a time i used 2+GB's on my bb, but i've come close-approx 1.25GBs.

I agree, i don't think the throttling thing is fair at all. In fact today, strangely enough around 3-4ish EST, i was trying to get online from my bb.....and boooooy did it take forever just to load the CB page in mobile view !! it was ridiculous and i'm not over my 2gbs, so IDK why it was effecting me ATM. maybe things were just moving slow at the time..... ?

i'm actually worried in the future when it comes time for me to upgrade, right now i'm grandfathered on the unltd data@30 bucks a mth......I hope when my upgrade does come due and I decided to get another device that i don't loose that 'grandfathered' in option !!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-23-11 at 06:39 PM.
    09-23-11 06:23 PM
23,186 ... 662663664665666 ...