So, do we need to stand in line (first come first severed) for this or is it by invitation only?
    HAHA! This is a tough crowd!
    Is this Midd's gun and tonic?
    09-19-11 01:50 PM
    So, do we need to stand in line (first come first severed) for this or is it by invitation only?
    Cut off at the knees?? Or worse?
    09-19-11 02:10 PM
    Ha, Ha, What part do we get severed?? OUCH!! Nice typo midd
    Is this Midd's gun and tonic?

LMAO

WOW I need to start reading what I write.

I'm think if I were to knock P!nk up side her head I might get cut off at the knees!
    09-19-11 03:35 PM

LMAO

WOW I need to start reading what I write.

I'm think if I were to knock P!nk up side her head I might get cut off at the knees!
    ayyy yooo, Paulie Walnuts is gonna hang around a few if you don't mind LOL
    09-19-11 04:52 PM
    I'm with you Pink, my upgrade is not due until Aug 2012 also, so I will wait and see what's around...if I remember correctly, we got ours at the same time last year in Dec although this is my first BB EVER....

Tough crowd yes. Remind me never to give you guys the chance...ha hahahahahah
    we did get our bb's at the very same time in Dec. AND i even remember we PM'd about something and i dragged your bu++ into Ramblins after telling you what a great bunch they are

and look how far you've come now

edit: you cant say "bu++" it gets bleeped out
    09-19-11 04:54 PM
    Thats like my situation. I used to have a new phone every 6 months until I got my first blackberry. It was a t-mobile blackberry bold 9700 but I had switched carriers and came to verizon. When I came to verizon I switched over to droid due to having droid mania. My brother had a droid and I loved everything it did, until I used my girlfriends blackberry and forgot how much I missed having a keyboard and I'm the type that texts alot and virtual keyboards just don't do you justice. So now I am back to a blackberry bold 9650 and i am here to stay. lol. or at least until they release a better blackberry that I like, then I'm moving to that device.
    i ALMOST went droid right before i made my final decission to stay with bb and get the bold 9650. this is my 4/5th yr using bb's and when i started looking into going droid(sept2010), and having to learn a new platform, rooting etc. i started SMH going nahhh, not gonna do this. thats why it took me till Dec2010 to finally upgrade to the 9650 from my trusty old pink 8330 lol. i text a good amt through out the day, but not tons. and perhaps 10-15+ calls a day. glad to hear your back to 9650 all we can do is just sit back and wait to see what will be upcoming from RIM in the future
    09-19-11 05:05 PM

edit: you cant say "bu++" it gets bleeped out
    But you can say azz, a$$, aⓈⓈ, buⓉⓉ, bu✝✝, and buttock.
    09-19-11 05:14 PM
    HAHA Midd has the seven dirty words you can't say on CB!
    LMAO!

What is the best OS to use right now for my 9650. I have had two more black screens of death in the past week and I am tired of it. I want to upgrade. 587? or a hybrid? Oh and my $ key doesn't type $ just a blank space. The OS is breaking down again...

OK, I went to see my doc yesterday and he said I have to wear a mask and gloves to unpack and use two differrent inhalers for my asthma, as it is exacerbated by the moving in process. So I look like a surgeon going to work in the library! HAHA

At least I can honestly say I AM ALLERGIC TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-20-11 06:39 AM
    LMAO!

What is the best OS to use right now for my 9650. I have had two more black screens of death in the past week and I am tired of it. I want to upgrade. 587? or a hybrid? Oh and my $ key doesn't type $ just a blank space. The OS is breaking down again...

OK, I went to see my doc yesterday and he said I have to wear a mask and gloves to unpack and use two differrent inhalers for my asthma, as it is exacerbated by the moving in process. So I look like a surgeon going to work in the library! HAHA

At least I can honestly say I AM ALLERGIC TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jaydee...I'm using 587 right now and so far no issues. You will have to load the ribbon cods though after as it had the same theme issues as 600. Give it a try.

Sorry about the asthma that has to suck. At least now looking like a surgeon you can pretend you're doing surgery on those damn boxes
    09-20-11 07:22 AM
    ok class, tomorrows word substitution of the day will be to replace ........ LOL

LMAO!

Jaydee i'm STILL on .431, yes really. LOL. i know you prob won't want to drop down 2 os's, but i can honestly say my bb is running smoothly on it.

sorry to hear about your asthma, so now that your wearing a surgeons mask, should we be calling you Dr.Jaydee ? LOL
    09-20-11 07:39 AM
    i ALMOST went droid right before i made my final decission to stay with bb and get the bold 9650. this is my 4/5th yr using bb's and when i started looking into going droid(sept2010), and having to learn a new platform, rooting etc. i started SMH going nahhh, not gonna do this. thats why it took me till Dec2010 to finally upgrade to the 9650 from my trusty old pink 8330 lol. i text a good amt through out the day, but not tons. and perhaps 10-15+ calls a day. glad to hear your back to 9650 all we can do is just sit back and wait to see what will be upcoming from RIM in the future
    Yeah droid is ok for all the "flashy" stuff, just like iphone, but at the end of the day what mattered most is what my droid could not deliver on. after having it for a couple months people would call me and say " hey I've been texting you all day" and i would look like because my phone never got any of the messages, even if I restarted it. Then other times I would get like a trillion text messages at 3am from all the messages I missed throughout the day, and other times I would not get any at all.

So me thinking maybe it was a bad model I got a replacement model, and the same thing happened after a couple months. So after 2 replacement phones and my original droid all having the same problem I got sick of andriod. Plus the fact that the new o/s upgrade wouldn't make it to my phone.

After all of that I started thinking man I miss my blackberry..lol. and I made my way back. Yeah RIM is struggling right now but I believe they will make up for it in the future. Apple and Google/Android have struggled in the past. It's just RIM's turn now lol. But whatever happens I dont think I will be leaving bb anytime soon..lol
    09-20-11 08:24 AM
    LMAO!

I'm using OSBB .600v7 over 587 with no complaints. If you want a straight OS, then look at 587 or 600. Both are pretty good, but some have reported that the radio in 587 is a little more stable.

Of course, if you want fast and stable along with no memory leaks, I've heard some good things about one of the OS5 releases, 5.0.0.975. It also has a browser with column view.

Good Morning, JayDee!
    09-20-11 08:53 AM
    I agree with 99, the OSBB .600v7 over 587 is very good and for a stock OS go with either 587 or reinstall 600. If you are going to install one of the stock OSs, you can just add the ribbon cods to java folder where the OS loads on you computer. That way you don't need to BBSAK them in (Sorry Hamster, I for got to tell you that when you installed 587 ).

LMAO. And to think you told us they made you take the summer off. You didn't tell us it was for "medical" reasons.
    09-20-11 09:16 AM
    Yeah droid is ok for all the "flashy" stuff, just like iphone, but at the end of the day what mattered most is what my droid could not deliver on. after having it for a couple months people would call me and say " hey I've been texting you all day" and i would look like because my phone never got any of the messages, even if I restarted it. Then other times I would get like a trillion text messages at 3am from all the messages I missed throughout the day, and other times I would not get any at all.

So me thinking maybe it was a bad model I got a replacement model, and the same thing happened after a couple months. So after 2 replacement phones and my original droid all having the same problem I got sick of andriod. Plus the fact that the new o/s upgrade wouldn't make it to my phone.

After all of that I started thinking man I miss my blackberry..lol. and I made my way back. Yeah RIM is struggling right now but I believe they will make up for it in the future. Apple and Google/Android have struggled in the past. It's just RIM's turn now lol. But whatever happens I dont think I will be leaving bb anytime soon..lol
    tazz, its funny you bring up this point about the tx msg thing not being rec'd !! My Sil has the Sammi Fascinate, since Dec2010, and since Apr/May-ish shes been having the exact issue with her texting on VzW. Sometimes her txs never go thru and vice versa for sometimes nvr rec'ing them. Now, IDK if she swapped out her device yet, but i know the reboot didn't help really either. But she loves that ph, so i know she wouldn't change anytime soon

and yes, Rim is struggling right now, badly it seems. ALTHOUGH i don't 'listen' to everything people say even though i hear/read about it. people like to gossip and take a some what deteiriating situation and drag it down to the mud as much as they can to make it look even worse. I don't think i will be leaving bb anytime soon either and i do hope that Rim will come up with some really great devices in the near future

i went through a brief period a few wks back ready and willing to go to the iPhone, BUT since re-thinking it over, and the fact that i'm truly happy/satisfied with my 9650, i will stay bb-- UNLESS things really go to the crapper for Rim....then i will re-think my game plan

09-20-11 11:45 AM
    btw, i'm totally psyched again !! that theme 'lady leopard' by nancy drew bb themes has been updated and she fixed what ever the issue was that i was having when using the theme !! i have it back on my bb again !! all is right in Pinks world again, lol

sooo, going back to the beginning, i wonder if the app FishLoader was really causing an issue. honestly, idk but i'm not willing to re-load the app and find i have a problem again.

i've also cleared out 6 more themes from my bb--i'm down to my most favorite 10 7 out of the 10 are pink in some way of course, lol
    09-20-11 01:48 PM
    tazz, its funny you bring up this point about the tx msg thing not being rec'd !! My Sil has the Sammi Fascinate, since Dec2010, and since Apr/May-ish shes been having the exact issue with her texting on VzW. Sometimes her txs never go thru and vice versa for sometimes nvr rec'ing them. Now, IDK if she swapped out her device yet, but i know the reboot didn't help really either. But she loves that ph, so i know she wouldn't change anytime soon

and yes, Rim is struggling right now, badly it seems. ALTHOUGH i don't 'listen' to everything people say even though i hear/read about it. people like to gossip and take a some what deteiriating situation and drag it down to the mud as much as they can to make it look even worse. I don't think i will be leaving bb anytime soon either and i do hope that Rim will come up with some really great devices in the near future

i went through a brief period a few wks back ready and willing to go to the iPhone, BUT since re-thinking it over, and the fact that i'm truly happy/satisfied with my 9650, i will stay bb-- UNLESS things really go to the crapper for Rim....then i will re-think my game plan
    Yeah I went through that brief period to. I mean iphones are nice and all but its not for me(plus the fact that I have an ipod touch so im not missing too much). RIM will get it together, or if things really do get bad another company will buy it and revamp bb's. But i still see Rim being in the game, they are just having a bad day lol. I believe once they get it together then all of us faithful addicts will see everyone that had a bb probably come back. except for maybe a few stubborn one's.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-20-11 02:24 PM
    My daughter had an upgrade in August. She HAD to have an Android device and chose Motorola's Droid 3. It seems that most of her friends have iPhones or some Android phone, so she thought she was missing out. You can see where this is going, right?

She'd been complaining about the battery life, but wasn't ready to buy the extended battery (the poor soon-to-be-college student). She was traveling with friends this past weekend, and the phone battery kept draining to "E". Additionally, she either lost text messages or received them hours after being sent. She was in Los Angeles where I expect that neither signal or coverage was the problem. Frustration set in more than once. I have several other acquaintances (spouses of friends, etc) that have had similar issues with their Android phones spread over different manufacturers. At any rate, my daughter wants to go back to BlackBerry, specifically the 9850. Of course, she's had the Droid for 19 days now, so she can't just send it back to Big Red and get the right phone. We had this talk before I ordered the phone for her. Life-lesson time here? Last night, she even said "Dad, you were right. This phone is a mistake." Big check in the box there! I wish I'd recorded it...

Buying the Droid has also given me a chance to work with one first hand. My eye was wandering a bit, especially after trying the 9930 and the touchscreen. Jim talks about how much he likes the Casio that he's using. But looking at the Droid's data usage (over 4GB in just the 19 days) and comparing it to the potential throttling issue, along with the battery life and the hit-or-miss messaging has scratched that itch for me. I'm a "dance with the girl you brought with you" kind of guy. I see no reason to leave the BB fold. And now, neither does my daughter!
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-20-11 at 03:45 PM.
    jaydee5799 and middbrew like this.
    09-20-11 02:48 PM
    oh btw Midd, congrats on winning that cute pink leopard theme from ale7714 designs I can't wait to see your screenies you'll be posting and by allllll means, feel free to share here too. I'm sure the guys will let one slide just so you can show off LMAO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 02:57 PM
    My daughter had an upgrade in August. She HAD to have an Android device and chose Motorola's Droid 3. It seems that most of her friends have iPhones or some Android phone, so she thought she was missing out. You can see where this is going, right?

She'd been complaining about the battery life, but wasn't ready to buy the extended battery the poor soon-to-be-college student). She was traveling with friends this past weekend, and the phone battery kept draining to "E". Additionally, she either lost text messages or received them hours after being sent. She was in Los Angeles where I expect that neither signal or coverage was the problem. Frustration set in more than once. I have several other acquaintances (spouses of friends, etc) that have had similar issues with their Android phones spread over different manufacturers. At any rate, my daughter wants to go back to BlackBerry, specifically the 9850. Of course, she's had the Droid for 19 days now, so she can't just send it back to Big Red and get the right phone. We had this talk before I ordered the phone for her. Life-lesson time here? Last night, she even said "Dad, you were right. This phone is a mistake." Big check in the box there! I wish I'd recorded it...

Buying the Droid has also given me a chance to work with one first hand. My eye was wandering a bit, especially after trying the 9930 and the touchscreen. Jim talks about how much he likes the Casio that he's using. But looking at the Droid's data usage (over 4GB in just the 19 days) and comparing it to the potential throttling issue, along with the battery life and the hit-or-miss messaging has scratched that itch for me. I'm a "dance with the girl you brought with you" kind of guy. I see no reason to leave the BB fold. And now, neither does my daughter!
    99 it's very easy to have wandering eyes with a shiny new device, I'm guilty of it too with the iPhone !! I agree with tazz, while it is a nice device I've come to the conclusion like you & tazz, that there is no reason to leave bb. I enjoy using my iPad and I enjoy using the hubby's iPhone at times when I steal it, but ive concluded that it's just not for me I guess I'm a bb girl

Now I'm sure you would agree, if you had a dollar for every time one of your kids said to you like they've done with me 'mom/dad I should've listened to you....' we'd be millionaires LOL

I'm sorry to hear that your daught is having a bad experience with the droid too, that does have to be frustrating......

09-20-11 03:08 PM
    Hmmmmm...is this Father Phil's drive-thru confessional and ice cream parlor? Pretty neat that everyone can spill their guts about their phones without name-calling and slamming like in the other threads!!!! Kudos to all who did soul-searching.

Now to be honest, my son has an iphone and I thought, oh well, if RIM doesn't get it together, then I can always get one of those...WHAT??????? I never thought that!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!
    I never thought anything but BlackBerry!!!!
    I'm a BB fan girl through and through......
    But glad for Underway's daughter (Miss Underway) and Pink and babytazz that you guys found what you were looking for...And for Jim too. His phone suits his purpose. That's all we want. Something we can use.
    09-20-11 03:10 PM
    oh btw Midd, congrats on winning that cute pink leopard theme from ale7714 designs I can't wait to see your screenies you'll be posting and by allllll means, feel free to share here too. I'm sure the guys will let one slide just so you can show off LMAO

Ummm. No.
    09-20-11 03:40 PM
    Hmmmmm...is this Father Phil's drive-thru confessional and ice cream parlor? Pretty neat that everyone can spill their guts about their phones without name-calling and slamming like in the other threads!!!! Kudos to all who did soul-searching.

Now to be honest, my son has an iphone and I thought, oh well, if RIM doesn't get it together, then I can always get one of those...WHAT??????? I never thought that!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!
    I never thought anything but BlackBerry!!!!
    I'm a BB fan girl through and through......
    But glad for Underway's daughter (Miss Underway) and Pink and babytazz that you guys found what you were looking for...And for Jim too. His phone suits his purpose. That's all we want. Something we can use.
    No doubt. Have you seen some the posts in the 99XX, 9850/60, and even our old 9650 threads? It is just brutal!
    09-20-11 03:42 PM
    Ummm. No.
    awwwwww come on 99 !! don't be a party pooper

09-20-11 03:44 PM
    No doubt. Have you seen some the posts in the 99XX, 9850/60, and even our old 9650 threads? It is just brutal!
    Without a doubt your not kidding

09-20-11 03:46 PM
    99 it's very easy to have wandering eyes with a shiny new device, I'm guilty of it too with the iPhone !! I agree with tazz, while it is a nice device I've come to the conclusion like you & tazz, that there is no reason to leave bb. I enjoy using my iPad and I enjoy using the hubby's iPhone at times when I steal it, but ive concluded that it's just not for me I guess I'm a bb girl

Now I'm sure you would agree, if you had a dollar for every time one of your kids said to you like they've done with me 'mom/dad I should've listened to you....' we'd be millionaires LOL

I'm sorry to hear that your daught is having a bad experience with the droid too, that does have to be frustrating......

If I had a dollar for every time one of my kids said that, I'd have $2 now. I'd be rolling in cash if they said it every time that they SHOULD have said it!
    09-20-11 03:54 PM
23,186 ... 661662663664665 ...