Ok, an update on fishloader. I had the cods on my phone, opened up the app and followed the the direction (very simple) and sure enough it made an installer right in the folder I had the cods. Talking with some hybrid guys they are using it to make patches for the hybrids and building them directly with the phone. Cool stuff.
    09-13-11 01:25 PM
    Ok Midd! Thanks! Am going to try with a theme in the am. You have to have the cods tho... If you use ota downloader, you don't need fishloader, right? It does the same thing! Right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 09:26 PM
    Ok Midd! Thanks! Am going to try with a theme in the am. You have to have the cods tho... If you use ota downloader, you don't need fishloader, right? It does the same thing! Right?

As far as putting it on the phone, you are right all you need is total downloader. Fishloader will create a backup you can install from your SD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:13 AM
    OTA Downloader has an update. I want to download it and try it too.
    Keep me posted. When I do some experimenting, I will post back my results.
    09-14-11 05:59 AM
    ok, sorry i'm a little confused here. I want to create jad's for my themes to store on my sd card, literally about 5 total. NOW i can dwld FishLoader, and then store the cod's for the themes i want on my sd card (in a folder or not?) and navigate through FishLoader to create and store the jad's on my sd card, so that i can access and install the theme(s) anytime i want ??

or am i missing vital steps here......
    09-14-11 07:42 AM
    ok, sorry i'm a little confused here. I want to create jad's for my themes to store on my sd card, literally about 5 total. NOW i can dwld FishLoader, and then store the cod's for the themes i want on my sd card (in a folder or not?) and navigate through FishLoader to create and store the jad's on my sd card, so that i can access and install the theme(s) anytime i want ??

or am i missing vital steps here......
    You got it. you can create folders on your sd card with the cods, use Fishloader to create jads in those folders, and use that as a backup and easy way to reinstall them.
    09-14-11 11:16 AM
    You got it. you can create folders on your sd card with the cods, use Fishloader to create jads in those folders, and use that as a backup and easy way to reinstall them.
    ok great !! well, i comprehended that better than i thought, lol. my next step will be to dwld FishLoader to my bb and try it out.....now, the real deal is when will i have the time to do it !! LOL

i still havent had time to check out that link 99 posted for me on BBMCP-good thing i bookmarked that sucker......
    09-14-11 01:48 PM
    oh btw, tyvm much for the direction on that Midd !!

I was in such a rush, I forgot to actually say 'thank you' in my post replying back to you.

09-14-11 03:31 PM
    Thank you Pink for asking the question and thank you Midd for giving the detailed answer! FishLoader works very well and I am thrilled to be able to delete a few of my themes and add them to my card. It is especially handy for those mybbota themes that only allow you one stinking download for your money. Outrageous!

I am thrilled!
    09-14-11 05:19 PM
    Thank you Pink for asking the question and thank you Midd for giving the detailed answer! FishLoader works very well and I am thrilled to be able to delete a few of my themes and add them to my card. It is especially handy for those mybbota themes that only allow you one stinking download for your money. Outrageous!

I am thrilled!
    Thanks jaydee for help and midd and everyone..going to try now
    09-14-11 05:40 PM
    oh btw, tyvm much for the direction on that Midd !!

I was in such a rush, I forgot to actually say 'thank you' in my post replying back to you.

No problem P!nk. I know you appreciated the info.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-14-11 06:10 PM

I am thrilled!
    np Jaydee, and i havent attempted it yet as i've not had time, but i do agree with that statement you've made fortunately, i only have one of those types where if i delete it i'm SOL....it is VERY annoying to say the least

No problem P!nk. I know you appreciated the info.
    i most certainly did

have a good night everyone
    09-14-11 06:28 PM
    Has anybody seen this? I copied it from another forum site. It came in one of the members monthly bills. I go paperless and had not seen or heard about this. It looks like data usage of over 2gb/month is considered "heavy usage" and can be subjected to throttling as this figure has been tossed around. Depending on your usage it may have no impact at all, but if your suddenly experiencing slower speeds and over 2gb for the month, well.....could be. Even unlimited data plans are affected. Such BS. Still unlimited but throttled. Thought I'd share for anyone not yet aware

More info:
    http://support.vzw.com/information/data_disclosure.html
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-14-11 at 06:39 PM.
    09-14-11 06:32 PM
    Has anybody seen this? I copied it from another forum site. It came in one of the members monthly bills. I go paperless and had not seen or heard about this. It looks like data usage of over 2gb/month is considered "heavy usage" and can be subjected to throttling as this figure has been tossed around. Depending on your usage it may have no impact at all, but if your suddenly experiencing slower speeds and over 2gb for the month, well.....could be. Even unlimited data plans are affected. Such BS. Still unlimited but throttled. Thought I'd share for anyone not yet aware

More info:
    Network Optimization
    Wow, That's BS! I'm not with VZW, but if I was and had an unlimited plan I would want to be able to use it to my fullest. Because I use my data more than other I get penalized? Just not right. I know it probably has a lot to do with the fact the Playbook has the Bridge app that lets you run apps and such with data from your phone, thus, using a lot of data. But still, come on VZW.
    09-14-11 06:44 PM
    EDIT:
    "How will I know if I�m in the top 5% of data users"?
    As of August 2011, the top 5% of data users were using 2 GB or more of data each month.

My 2.5gb I used last month would have gotten me throttled during peak times for the .5 overage. Geezus...I'm a "heavy" user.
    09-15-11 01:00 AM
    Is this the same as throttling?
    No, this is not throttling.

How do I know if I will be impacted by Network Optimization?
    A good rule of thumb as of September 2011 is this: If you’re on an unlimited data plan, have a 3G device and are using more than 2 GB of data in a month, you’re in the top 5% of data users and will be impacted by Network Optimization when you’re connected to congested 3G cell sites.
    09-15-11 01:03 AM
    Ever see those commercials on tv. Other carriers do it too.
    Sux that VZW joined them. But it happens. I am one of those who believe you can't fight City Hall FWIW
    09-15-11 06:05 AM
    Has anybody confirmed this with a Verizon Rep ? Every time I have talked to them they say (oh we are trully unlimited data ). Just wonder if they will admit to throttling back after the 2gb ?

09-15-11 07:57 AM
    hi everyone !!

Jim, i'm not surprised to see that disclosure - 1) because alot of the other cell carriers are doing this now and 2) since the iPhone4 hit VzW i had a feeling this would happen in the matter of time. the iPhone uses sooooooo much data, its not even funny. ie.-when one of my daghtrs had her bb, she would average about 2, maybe 2.5 per mth, now with the iP4 i'm seeing her usage upwards of 5-6

I was always an 'average' user i guess, tipping the scales at a close to mear 1mb or maybe 1.5 if it was a busy month, lol.

on another note, have any of you guys/gals seen the 9850 forum lately and the issues arising more with the email/browser Jim i saw your post about when will they start a poll of whose worked OOTB and whose didn't !! i nearly died when i saw that !!

it's sad to see a brand new device have such failures like that.....it hits in stores today too, i MAY be tempted to go check it out, idk. BUT do i really wanna spend that much paper on a device that when i come home before i even activate it, i have to start making all sort of changes......no not really i may just check it for curiosity anyway, i do want to see how the feedback works on the touch screen of it.
    09-15-11 08:20 AM
    oh ! also, JW, Jaydee & Hamster, have you guys done the cod/jad thing with fishLoader ? results ?
    09-15-11 08:22 AM
    oh ! also, JW, Jaydee & Hamster, have you guys done the cod/jad thing with fishLoader ? results ?
    Hey Pink!

Yes I did, and it worked like a charm. Thanks to Jaydee for walking me through it since I'm on pain meds (for my tooth extractions). Anyway...yes, simple, easy and now I have the mybbota themes stored on my card and install whenever. I'm thrilled!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-15-11 08:34 AM
    Hey Pink!

Yes I did, and it worked like a charm. Thanks to Jaydee for walking me through it since I'm on pain meds (for my tooth extractions). Anyway...yes, simple, easy and now I have the mybbota themes stored on my card and install whenever. I'm thrilled!
    ugh, tooth extractions !! YUKKY !! hope you feel better soon !!

Cool, i'm gald it worked perfectly !! NOW i need to find time to set a few of mine up on my card & i suppose if i hit a bump in the road, i can ask Jaydee for some assistance

one of these days....lol

love the new bw sets too !!
    09-15-11 08:50 AM
    Is this the same as throttling?
    No, this is not throttling.

How do I know if I will be impacted by Network Optimization?
    A good rule of thumb as of September 2011 is this: If you�re on an unlimited data plan, have a 3G device and are using more than 2 GB of data in a month, you�re in the top 5% of data users and will be impacted by Network Optimization when you�re connected to congested 3G cell sites.
    They say it isn't throttling because their term for throttling is after you reach a certain point you will be slowed down for the rest of the billing cycle, where this is just during heavy usage by all VZW customers. I thought, really? this is still throttling, just different. To me if you slow down the speed someone can receive data than you are throttling.
    09-15-11 10:55 AM
    I see there was athread on VZW new throttling plan being discussed over in the VZW section. It was several month old, but I couldn't resist in bringing it back to life. lol
    09-15-11 11:13 AM
    Has anybody confirmed this with a Verizon Rep ? Every time I have talked to them they say (oh we are trully unlimited data ). Just wonder if they will admit to throttling back after the 2gb ?
    Well, as defined, we will not be charged for going over some arbitrary line if we have "unlimited" data on our plans. We can be slowed down tho or "throttled". So in that sense we can't say Verizon took away our unlimited plans. Their solution to the grandfathers tho is to cut em off at the knees after they cross the 2gb barrier. Curiously tho the new "tiered" plans for $30 give you 2gb of data. Unlimited plans will now throttle "as they decree" at the 2gb barrier. Hmmmmm...
    09-15-11 11:42 AM
23,186 ... 658659660661662 ...