Hi everyone,

Took some time to get away to Minnesota to see extended family and now catching up with my rambler friends. Just my .02 on the software/hardware discussion: if I am going to pay $300 for a phone, I want it to work out of the box. If I have a dropped signal, email that will not work, or other core problems, then quality control has failed. Sadly, I expect issues with the non-essential applications on a phone. Putting it another way, if I go in to buy a new car, the navigation screen may be a bit wacky and need adjustment, but if I turn on the ignition and the car starts half the time, give me my money back. In addition, most folks have no idea how to tweak their phones or load a new os and have no interest in learning how. They simply want the phone to work, and I do not blame them. We have entered an interesting technology world; a demand for new products in shorter and shorter time increments while expecting quality control to keep up. As we know, it "aint happen'n". I would prefer a slower release cycle if it would mean my phone works as it should right out of the box. Unfortunately, the "rapid release" genie has been let out of the bottle and I am not sure it can be put back in. Where is Major Nelson when you need him.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-08-11 09:51 PM
    Where is Major Nelson when you need him.
    The heck with him, Let the genie outta the bottle. have you seen her lately? Just had a birthday, she's not at all bad for 77 and still looking hot.
    Last edited by cbreze; 09-09-11 at 12:55 AM.
    09-09-11 12:30 AM
    [B][COLOR=purple]99, i totally see your point in this. BUT my undies are in a bunch over it because, well, don't we boast about how well bb does email? And theres alot of unhappy 9850'ers that can rec their email but cant open it....unless they load the leak 353 up..... and the broswer issues too with the keyboard.I by all means don't expect any ph to be perfect, but to activate your fresh new 9850 out of box and not be able to read your email thats unacceptable to me.
    Agreed, the torch's seem to be sputtering right out of the box and befuddled by simple tasks BB's are well known experts at. So another new release needs to be updated before it can be used. Geezus....not very good publicity for good ol RIM. Pretty disappointing actually.
    09-09-11 01:33 AM
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Have a good weekend and enjoy a nice dry one for a change...weekend, that is!

As soon as the water receeds, we will have lots of cleaning to do.

I am in my new office and slowly getting boxes unpacked. I only have 300 or so left. making progress!

Of course, my class (the boys) were be unwilling helpers as soon as I meet them! "Hi, I'm your teacher for the semester and you are unpacking boxes for two weeks. How do you like school so far???"

Gotta love it!
    09-09-11 10:00 AM
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Have a good weekend and enjoy a nice dry one for a change...weekend, that is!

As soon as the water receeds, we will have lots of cleaning to do.

I am in my new office and slowly getting boxes unpacked. I only have 300 or so left. making progress!

Of course, my class (the boys) were be unwilling helpers as soon as I meet them! "Hi, I'm your teacher for the semester and you are unpacking boxes for two weeks. How do you like school so far???"

Gotta love it!
    Anything for a "A", right?
    09-09-11 11:21 AM
    These things still have the OTA software update feature, so the carriers should be able to push new software if the customer calls them with an issue. Problem solved.
    True and we all know how great ota is. But the further problem at least right now is they(verizon) doesn't have anything to push out. I think rim really rushed these to just get them out and it shows, even tho it seemed like it took forever for all of us in waiting mode from the time it was announced to first releases.
    They'll get it sorted out hopefully and these will be some really nice trouble free devices. I would expect the leaks/updates to come out fairly quickly. It still troubles me that RIM testers didn't see this coming with the firmware as it was released. The shortfalls and issues cropped up immediately, so is it verizon or RIM or both to lay blame with? The folks who think this is crap won't be back and that's a shame. It's given me pause for sure. I don't remember having issues with my 9650 right out of the box. It worked great, subsequent upgrades made it that much better, but it worked from day one. I wonder if it would be possible to put os-6 on a 9930? With the faster processor thats all the 9650 ever needed was a turbo boost anyway. Maybe it would disable the touchscreen feature, and gee that'd be a shame.
    09-09-11 01:59 PM
    To tell the truth, I've thought about loading an OS6 based hybrid on my spare 9650 just to see if it will work. Can you imagine how sweet that could be if it would work? Since the latest OSBB hybrids use mostly OS7 CODs already, I suspect that the radio would cause the ALL STOP here.
    I was thinking along the lines of loading an os-6 based hybrid onto the 9930. I mean what the heck is the big deal about os-7 anyway? Having a faster processor running an os-6 might be sweet. Disabling the touch screen would be an added bonus imo. The trackpad fights with it anyway. I could go for that.
    09-09-11 02:35 PM
    I was thinking along the lines of loading an os-6 based hybrid onto the 9930. I mean what the heck is the big deal about os-7 anyway? Having a faster processor running an os-6 might be sweet. Disabling the touch screen would be an added bonus imo. The trackpad fights with it anyway. I could go for that.
    The problem is OSs are device specific and the ones that would have to remain for OS7 would be the ones you are trying to overcome. Also, When hybriding you could never use OS5 cods in a OS6 based hybrid. They just weren't compatible and I would think the same would hold true for using OS6 cods in a OS7 hybrid. They may cosmetically look like very similar OSs but they aren't.
    09-09-11 03:26 PM
    I know, I know. just dreaming out loud.
    09-09-11 03:29 PM
    The problem is OSs are device specific and the ones that would have to remain for OS7 would be the ones you are trying to overcome. Also, When hybriding you could never use OS5 cods in a OS6 based hybrid. They just weren't compatible and I would think the same would hold true for using OS6 cods in a OS7 hybrid. They may cosmetically look like very similar OSs but they aren't.
    That's why I was thinking of using one of the hybrids, since it would have mostly OS7 CODs. I expect that the major issue would be the incompatability of the OS6 radio with the OS7 hardware. We'll see. I'm not sure I will be able to mess with my wife's new 9930. I haven't ever seen her so happy with a piece of technology as she is with that new phone. It is a completely different device with the decent 353 OS.
    Last edited by Underway99; 09-10-11 at 10:30 AM.
    09-09-11 03:34 PM
    Here is a beta app that might be of interest to some of you who like to add and delete apps from you phone a lot.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reator-648054/
    09-09-11 04:27 PM
    Here is a beta app that might be of interest to some of you who like to add and delete apps from you phone a lot.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reator-648054/
    Midd,
    I saw that! I'm gonna try it. Lately, BB Boss is not creating a jad I can use successfully to install apps.How does this one work? You install it to your phone and....

I have been so busy with work lately that I haven't been able to get on this site and post much of anything.

Still bummed over that problem with VZW and the NFL Mobile app that doesn't work on my 9650 or on Underway's either...last time we spoke. People are saying you need an oficial VZW OS to make it work????
    09-13-11 05:00 AM
    morning all....

Jaydee funny you should mention the jad and Boss not working. I was at it last week trying to create files of themes to store on my sd card and no matter how I did it, it won't/wouldn't work for me either--even after making sure I had the jad, alx & theme files in a folder on the card. I was looking at the fish loader also and curious how I could make that work to create & store the jads on my sd card also.

It also has been nuts here since school started......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 06:39 AM
    Pink, In the description of FishLoader it says it's not a ripper...it won't copy themes and apps. But if I have the cod file from a backup, would it make an installable file? That's what I am looking for. Loading theme with BBSAK is a royal PIA since you have to reboot after each one!

Maybe Midd will know...
    09-13-11 06:47 AM
    Yes I have the cod's from bbsak backups that I would need. And I know with bbsak every time you load one.....it's a reboot party on the bb !!!!

Now would fish loader make an installable jad from a cod......idk either. Hopefully Midd will know

09-13-11 06:59 AM
    Morning all!

I need to know about the fish loader too...BBBoss was hit and miss with me and was a pain. So, this would make it so much easier if we could.

I've been busy with appt's that I now have time for with the little one is school, and of course making BW sets and writing reviews and testing.

I did figure out what was causing my clock font issues on my themes and thanks to Midd and a little sleuth work, realized it was Fancy Widgets! As soon as I deleted the app, no problems at all. I didn't have to reload the damn os after all. Oh well.
    09-13-11 07:10 AM
    hi hamster !! Glad you worked out the clock issue....and I just loaded up fancy widgets yesterday - it seemed nice at first but then after using the weather for about 3 hrs, it was showing the wrong temp and conditions compared to my berry weather so idk if I'm going to keep it either. Idk remember the issue you had with the clock/font but if I do keep it il keep that in mind. Thx for sharing that tip

You've been doing a kick a$$ job on the BW sets too. Idk how you manage to focus on doing so many. I have a difficult time just focusing to make one oh well, I guess it's just not in my DNA to be able to focus long enough lol.

09-13-11 07:17 AM
    hi hamster !! Glad you worked out the clock issue....and I just loaded up fancy widgets yesterday - it seemed nice at first but then after using the weather for about 3 hrs, it was showing the wrong temp and conditions compared to my berry weather so idk if I'm going to keep it either. Idk remember the issue you had with the clock/font but if I do keep it il keep that in mind. Thx for sharing that tip

You've been doing a kick a$$ job on the BW sets too. Idk how you manage to focus on doing so many. I have a difficult time just focusing to make one oh well, I guess it's just not in my DNA to be able to focus long enough lol.

Hey there Pink! Yes Fancy widgets was nice at first, and then became a pita to set up, and you are right, the weather did not match at all sometimes.
    Quick weather is much easier tho it doesn't allow for bw sets.. Maybe they will change that.

As for BW...it relaxes me really and keeps my mind busy and not thinking about my mom all the time (this is THE MONTH).....So its kind of like therapy for me lol.

It's getting harder tho to come with unique ideas...if you guys have one let me know.....K, got the get the kiddo ready for school...
    09-13-11 07:23 AM
    Ok, I'm gonna look into quick weather also. It won't bother me too much that you can't use the BW sets because I can toggle between the 2.

Well I'm glad you found something to try to occupy your mind, and I'm very sorry, I understand how much you must miss your mom if you need to talk you can always email me girl

As for BW sets, I can agree with you there. There's soooooo many styles avail that it must be getting difficult to come up with something unique now. If I get an idea il LYK thx.

I just got my 'Brady bunch' ready and off to school....now time for some goooooood hot coffee

09-13-11 07:31 AM
    Yes I have the cod's from bbsak backups that I would need. And I know with bbsak every time you load one.....it's a reboot party on the bb !!!!

Now would fish loader make an installable jad from a cod......idk either. Hopefully Midd will know

BBMCP will let you load multiple CODs and run a single reboot at the end. I don't use BBSAK much anymore. I'm not running the new BBMCP v1 -- I still have the beta 0.9.3 and it works pretty well.
    09-13-11 08:11 AM
    thanks for the tip on QuickWeather, Hamster ! i dwld and set it up and so far i likey much much easier than using fancy widgets !! at least i dont have to 'widget' my wp and THEN set up the weather.
    09-13-11 09:02 AM
    BBMCP will let you load multiple CODs and run a single reboot at the end. I don't use BBSAK much anymore. I'm not running the new BBMCP v1 -- I still have the beta 0.9.3 and it works pretty well.
    ok, i'm running a little slow this morning 99. clue me in, what does "bbmcp" stand for lol.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-13-11 09:02 AM
    ok, i'm running a little slow this morning 99. clue me in, what does "bbmcp" stand for lol.
    BlackBerry Master Control Panel. The link below is a home page CB article from last week. Again, I use the older version.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mas...a-launches-v10
    09-13-11 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry Master Control Panel. The link below is a home page CB article from last week. Again, I use the older version.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mas...a-launches-v10
    tyvm for that and the link, 99 !! i will check it out soon
    09-13-11 11:03 AM
    Midd,
    I saw that! I'm gonna try it. Lately, BB Boss is not creating a jad I can use successfully to install apps.How does this one work? You install it to your phone and....
    I haven't really looked into the app any farther, but it is my understanding that it will let you extract the files from apps and themes you already have and make them available to install right on your device. It sounds like you can do everything right from your phone. I will install it later today and see how it works.
    09-13-11 12:10 PM
23,186 ... 657658659660661 ...