You shouldn't have to wipe first using apploader, but if it doesn't let you install without wiping you will need to.
    ok thanks..dl os now....wish me luck and as always, you rock!
    09-07-11 08:29 PM
    Make sure it's uninstalled of my laptop you mean? Thanks for the link..how is it different from 600?

Yes it is very strange and has me all wound up lol. I just hate when things don't work right Was that on DM or apploader? I'm so confused.

How have you been? Sorry been MIA...lots going on

If I had to wipe....How and what are the steps?

Yes power typing midd cus I feel like I'm moving in reverse tonight LOL plus I've got a million things going on right now when I should be retiring for the night !!

Hamster I see midd has you all set with instructions good luck I hope this works out for you. I've been pretty busy myself, so I understand not being around much

Keep us posted on how the reload goes for you !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 08:30 PM
    ok thanks..dl os now....wish me luck and as always, you rock!
    Good luck!
    09-07-11 08:30 PM
    Good luck!
    aaaaaaaghhhh...now bbsak is not connecting to my device.
    09-07-11 08:37 PM
    That happens to me all the time. I end up restarting my computer and phone.
    09-07-11 08:39 PM
    That happens to me all the time. I end up restarting my computer and phone.
    ok once the os finishes dl, i will reboot the laptop. ugh. what a PITA this is
    09-07-11 08:41 PM
    ok once the os finishes dl, i will reboot the laptop. ugh. what a PITA this is
    Try installing it with apploader first.
    09-07-11 08:46 PM
    Try installing it with apploader first.
    yes but I need to backup 3rd party apps/themes regardless
    09-07-11 08:53 PM
    yes but I need to backup 3rd party apps/themes regardless
    True, I forgot about that.
    09-07-11 08:57 PM
    True, I forgot about that.
    got bbsak to work on my old laptop...ok so here i go....
    09-07-11 09:25 PM
    OK, now good luck!
    09-07-11 09:28 PM
    OK, now good luck!
    ok done...but. I'm having the same problem with the app screen and home screen preferences I had in 600 remember? Will those same ribbon cods fix this as well on 587?

And my email accounts are not showing up

edit..emails are back.
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 09-07-11 at 11:01 PM.
    09-07-11 10:49 PM
    [color=#DF0174][b][font=garamond] yes I agree with what your saying Midd about people mucking with the iOS, OS or droid os right out of the box. I just don't want to be bothered to HAVE to nor do I really have the time for mucking with os's these days lol. I will cross my fingers-be optimistic & hope for a smoother running os a couple mths down the road
    Pink, I'm with you. In my opinion a $500+ device should work fine right out of the box. We love to tweak and tinker and that's fine to, but not everyone does and I'd prefer to use it for a bit, getting used to it's features in it's brand new status, test driving it in it's factory fresh condition for awhile, not start messing with it before the new phone smell even wears off.
    My 9650 was fine and worked great for quite awhile before I upgraded it the first time. My current casio is still as it was the day I took it out and fired it up the first time, I never rooted it, just installed some apps. It's one of the best phones I've ever used, stable as he!!, doing everything I need really well.
    So the new bold touch and torches need system os upgrades to work? That's unacceptable to me. I know people that actually don't do anything with their phones and just expect them to work as advertised! Imagine that! Tweaking them is fun, yeah, but it's not for everybody.
    One thing I don't quite understand. If the 99xx series and now the 98xx series all need the leaked os to work better then why in blazes didn't they come with the proper software to begin with?? Seems that software's already out anyway.
    It'll be interesting to see how the new torches perform for the masses once they really start to arrive in the work/play place.
    One observation I noticed on the 9850 threads is the storm2 folks who upgraded seem the happiest.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-08-11 12:06 AM
    Morning!

So reloading a new os didn't fix my theme problem
    This sux.
    09-08-11 06:19 AM
    midd, I agree totally-it does look like a nice device.....BUT come 'on, having to load up a leak directly out of the box ??? Idk, that just doesn't seem right.....hoping with a little bit of time the wrinkles will get ironed out.

If the device is that nice, I wouldn't care if I had to load another OS.
    But that's just me. As for others who know less, then they will get something else altogether I suppose....

One thing I have learned, everyone does what they want anyway and ultimately you are pleasing ONLY YOURSELF, NOT ANYONE ELSE. SO if you like the device and can change the OS, why not?
    09-08-11 07:00 AM
    Hey! Today is the first day of school for all the kids (past 2 days were for teachers and freshmen...they don't count as kids...lol) and guess what? We are closed because of severe flooding again! The places that flooded during Irene are flooded again and well, a state of emergency has been issued.

So wow. First day of school: CANCELED

Welcome to the Northeast where we have more rain and than we know what to do with....
    09-08-11 07:05 AM
    hi everyone !!

hamster, sorry to hear the os reload didn't help your issue..... i've never heard of the issue your having, but then again, these devices are capable of anything it seems !! i hope you find something to resolve it soon

Jaydee, same here with the rain & flooding. its been raining since Mon or Tues, although school wasnt cnxd here. BUT there was water flowing out of the top of the manhole covers this is just nutz, and it sup'd to continue to rain till Sun or Mon Welcome to SogVille.....

Jim, you hit the nail on the head with your post. Why MUST you have to reload a leaked os on a brand new device out of box that you've paid good money for-regardless if your capable to do so. it just shouldnt have to be......Well, right now i'm back to leaning with the iP5 again. Major disappointment on Rim's part as well.

I can only imagine how bad VzW will be flooded with frustrated/angry customers with the new 9850 this morning....
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-08-11 at 07:55 AM.
    cbreze likes this.
    09-08-11 07:50 AM
    BTW, did anyone do the BB App World update to 3.73?

the one i have(2.1.4.9) is working fine so i'm wondering should i really update or just leave well enough alone......suggestions?
    09-08-11 07:52 AM
    BTW, did anyone do the BB App World update to 3.73?

the one i have(2.1.4.9) is working fine so i'm wondering should i really update or just leave well enough alone......suggestions?
    I updated Pink and I like it. A little different but no probs so far!!!
    09-08-11 07:56 AM
    I updated Pink and I like it. A little different but no probs so far!!!
    alright, thx Jaydee. i guess i'll ponder on whether i'll update or not.....as usual i always contemplate
    09-08-11 08:04 AM
    midd, I agree totally-it does look like a nice device.....BUT come 'on, having to load up a leak directly out of the box ??? Idk, that just doesn't seem right.....hoping with a little bit of time the wrinkles will get ironed out.

I agree that the device should not need a new OS before you can use it. However, perhaps that's RIM's new plan here. Recall that the PlayBook is setup to update itself when you take it from the box. As I understand it, the PB does that each time you power it up.

If the 9850 is anything like the 9930 (as it should be, given the only substantial difference is the screen) it'll run very nice on 353.
    09-08-11 09:16 AM
    Jim, you hit the nail on the head with your post. Why MUST you have to reload a leaked os on a brand new device out of box that you've paid good money for-regardless if your capable to do so. it just shouldnt have to be......Well, right now i'm back to leaning with the iP5 again. Major disappointment on Rim's part as well.
    I suspect that RIM shipped these phones with the most stable OS they had, knowing that there was a more stable S/W package in the works. Remember that in some cases, these units were shipped months ago. Think back to our 9630s and 9650s after release. Lots of updates fairly quickly. I'm pretty sure that the phones being packaged today probably have a different OS.

This is nothing new for RIM or its customers (the carriers). I would not let this sway you from the 9850 if you think it will suit your needs. These things still have the OTA software update feature, so the carriers should be able to push new software if the customer calls them with an issue. Problem solved.
    09-08-11 09:54 AM
    I suspect that RIM shipped these phones with the most stable OS they had, knowing that there was a more stable S/W package in the works. Remember that in some cases, these units were shipped months ago. Think back to our 9630s and 9650s after release. Lots of updates fairly quickly. I'm pretty sure that the phones being packaged today probably have a different OS.

This is nothing new for RIM or its customers (the carriers). I would not let this sway you from the 9850 if you think it will suit your needs. These things still have the OTA software update feature, so the carriers should be able to push new software if the customer calls them with an issue. Problem solved.
    I think you make the best point as to why we see so many phones released with substandard software. You add in the fact RIM was really needing to release something new just to keep afloat and you end up with a not just right OS.
    09-08-11 10:36 AM
    I agree that the device should not need a new OS before you can use it. However, perhaps that's RIM's new plan here. Recall that the PlayBook is setup to update itself when you take it from the box. As I understand it, the PB does that each time you power it up.

If the 9850 is anything like the 9930 (as it should be, given the only substantial difference is the screen) it'll run very nice on 353.

99, i totally see your point in this. BUT my undies are in a bunch over it because, well, don't we boast about how well bb does email? And theres alot of unhappy 9850'ers that can rec their email but cant open it....unless they load the leak 353 up..... and the broswer issues too with the keyboard(i didnt fully pay attention to that thread to know the exact issue there).

I by all means don't expect any ph to be perfect, but to activate your fresh new 9850 out of box and not be able to read your email thats unacceptable to me. i'd have no prob getting the device and loading the leak, but what about the few that dont know where to even begin? and if this is their first bb that they are trying out, it will leave a bad taste in their mouth toward Rim.

with that being said, your point as far as the 9650 and the updates it endurred, im unfamiliar with and honestly dont recall. i didn't get my 9650 till Dec, so by then it was out for 4-6mths already.

i think deep down i want to stay bb and i will wait the 9850 out for a couple of mths to see if these issues get resolved by being released with a more stable OS. or maybe even the 9930 for that fact. BUT if i don't see much support over the next couple of months for the wrinkles to get ironed out, when i'm ready i will move to the iP5 at that point.

as for the PB, i honestly never ever read an article or thread about it because i wasn't interested in it-so idk anything about the updates etc. at all with it.

at this point, all i can say is i HOPE that VzW realizes quickly that 254 is not very stable and they grasp 353 to make it official and start releasing devices with the updated software on it so there will be MANY happy torch9850 users and then at some point, i could be one of them !!

i'm not a fangurl of bbs, or iOS etc. i will use what works for me and will make me happy. on the other hand, i would love nothing more that to see Rim succeed with the new OS7 devices, as i do like this platform.

fwheeewh !! i'm winded after that post..... lol
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-08-11 at 11:53 AM.
    09-08-11 11:48 AM
    I think you make the best point as to why we see so many phones released with substandard software. You add in the fact RIM was really needing to release something new just to keep afloat and you end up with a not just right OS.
    Yes, underway probably hit it on the head. From RIM's point of view they did need to get something out in the worst way. However, the rest of the BB users are getting turned off by the poor release firmware. The folks who don't want to mess with it, instead just wanting it to work properly NOW, not after much tweaking they not only don't care to have to do but don't want to learn how either and believe it or not some, like my brother are totally clueless and would just return it and get a diff phone altogether. These are the one's RIM stands to lose as return customers.
    Then there's another group. The fence sitters. I fall into this group and have been on the fence waiting for the bold touch and willing to pay full coin for it because I expect it to be awesome, like the 9650 was/is. What a disappointment to me as the proverbial "fence sitter" waiting for this to drop so I can scoop it up. So RIM has lost me as a current customer because of their to quick release before the proper firmware was on the device. I will be extra leery now of QNX and when or if I might pick one up.
    So in my opinion RIM is alienating there formerly solid customer base. Not very good for business and it kinda shows.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-08-11 12:14 PM
23,186 ... 656657658659660 ...