w00t !! the torch 9850 for VzW is getting released online 2moro and in stores on 9/15-i was STOKED when I saw this info on Cb's front page

I'm looking forward to going to a VzW store ASAP to check this bad boy out & HOPE its not a total fail like the 'storm' series was.

I'd like to go check it out & be just as thrilled with its performance as I am with the iPhone, and if it is-i will stay bb

welcome back to school everyone, hope every1 had a great 1st day

*im seriously crossing my fingers for the Torch9850 to succeed*

Anyone else psyched about this news also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 03:07 PM

welcome back to school everyone, hope every1 had a great 1st day

Anyone else psyched about this news also?

Pink,
    I'd be psyched if I had an ounce of energy left!
    Maybe next week!
    School is murder. Especially when they are still welding, sanding and hammering in my library and the kids come tomorrow...oh not to mention the 400 boxes I have to unpack.....
    09-06-11 04:18 PM
    Pink,
    I'd be psyched if I had an ounce of energy left!
    Maybe next week!
    School is murder. Especially when they are still welding, sanding and hammering in my library and the kids come tomorrow...oh not to mention the 400 boxes I have to unpack.....
    400 boxes holy cannolis !!! Ok, then I guess you can be excused from being "psyched" LOL but next week, you better have a different 'tude young lady LOL

09-06-11 04:50 PM
    [color=#DF0174][b][font=garamond] w00t !! the torch 9850 for VzW is getting released online 2moro and in stores on 9/15-i was STOKED when I saw this info on Cb's front page

I'm looking forward to going to a VzW store ASAP to check this bad boy out & HOPE its not a total fail like the 'storm' series was.

I'd like to go check it out & be just as thrilled with its performance as I am with the iPhone, and if it is-i will stay bb

Same here Pink, I'm hoping for a winner for RIM with the torch 9850. I see you and I had a similar impression of the bold touch. I'd like to give the 9850 a test when it comes to the stores. Now that I've pretty well gotten used to an all touch screen again I'm interested in seeing how the 9850 performs as I now have something to really compare it with.
    09-06-11 07:10 PM
    Same here Pink, I'm hoping for a winner for RIM with the torch 9850. I see you and I had a similar impression of the bold touch. I'd like to give the 9850 a test when it comes to the stores. Now that I've pretty well gotten used to an all touch screen again I'm interested in seeing how the 9850 performs as I now have something to really compare it with.
    hi Jim, and yes- as far as the 9930 bold goes. I actually went into the store with a clear mind and didn't let what you & 99 impact my opinion of it while checking it out. But the more I was using it, I found myself saying in my head either 'oh I read that in the 9930 forum' or 'oh that was something jim or 99 had mentioned'

Now as for the 9850, the last time I actually had a full touch screen bb was the S2 and boy did that ph suck wind !! Now, with that being said, I use my iPad everyday & I use my hubbys iPhone also, and I do pretty well with the all touch on both of those. If the touch screen is anything close to the iPhones in the way it responds-il be allllll about the 9850

I also did see someone post about asking in regards to using the switch wiz for this device-im thinking its gonna be the same smoe as the issues everyone had using the DM switch wiz with the bold 9930. Best thing is to just back up the current device, activate the new and do a selective restore & don't even bother with the swtich wiz with OS7. Just to be safe I also saw a few people have loaded 353 onto the 9860-i wonder if VzW's will need a diff OS loaded right out of the box too, like the 9930. Well, time will only tell-il be watching that forum to see the VzW's reviewers opinions and feedback.....I'm hoping for good stuff !!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 09-06-11 at 08:50 PM.
    09-06-11 08:40 PM
    oooooohh boy.....Jim idk if you've checkd the 9850/9860 forum--but the folks on VzW 9850 are having email & browser issues. They can rec emails but can't open them and the browser isn't functioning properly. A lot of folks are dlw'ing leak 353 to change from the 254 VzW comes stock with.....AND the folks waiting for their shipment to arrive are prepping by dwld'ing 353.

*smfh* this shouldn't be happening with a brand new device out of the box

I'm really disaPointed and I'll be passing on this for now it seems......... [/color][/font][/b]

09-07-11 06:36 PM
    oooooohh boy.....Jim idk if you've checkd the 9850/9860 forum--but the folks on VzW 9850 are having email & browser issues. They can rec emails but can't open them and the browser isn't functioning properly. A lot of folks are dlw'ing leak 353 to change from the 254 VzW comes stock with.....AND the folks waiting for their shipment to arrive are prepping by dwld'ing 353.

*smfh* this shouldn't be happening with a brand new device out of the box

I'm really disaPointed and I'll be passing on this for now it seems......... [/color][/font][/b]

Pink, I think this is the same thing that happened to the 9930 people...ask Underway...
    09-07-11 06:38 PM
    I'm kind of interested in how the 9850 functions. To me if there is an OS out there that works than it's not a big deal if it didn't come that way straight out of the box. My only problems are 1) I don't have an upgrade for awhile so I can't get it anyway and 2) I'm on the Alltel network and it will be 5 years before we see it here. We just last month got the BB Style 9670! smh

That being said it does look like a nice device.
    09-07-11 07:14 PM
    Jaydee, I think the issues with the 9930 were mostly because people were using the dev switch wiz and going from os5 or 6 & transferring to os7 just wasn't jiving with the os7 devices-causing them to have issues using bbid. There were others but I just can't think of 'em off the top of my head. I do rem A LOT of 9930 folks also had to load a leak different than what the device was shipped with.....that's just really poor quality on Rim's part- that's not something a 'basic joe/jane' user should have to face upon taking a new device out of the box. Fortunately, most people do know how to dwld and install a leak or official OS. But for those of the people that are new to bb they won't have a clue what to do

Needless to say, getting back to what I originally said, a fresh new out of the box device should NOT NEED an unofficial OS loaded up to function properly. *smfh again*

I'm just really disappointed...I was seriously looking forward to this release in a big way. Well, maybe with a little bit of time this device will get smoothed over and then I can re-consider

09-07-11 07:24 PM
    midd, I agree totally-it does look like a nice device.....BUT come 'on, having to load up a leak directly out of the box ??? Idk, that just doesn't seem right.....hoping with a little bit of time the wrinkles will get ironed out.

09-07-11 07:26 PM
    Ok genius ramblers...riddle me this...

Lately, it seems that my BB is not liking some of these themes that have come out. Namely on the clocks. They are all messed up and not at all like they should look. A few dev said it was custom fonts. So I deleted all custom fonts...no luck. Deleted font collection. No luck.
    And the same theme works for others on OS6. They work for Jaydee and we both have .600.

So, I was thinking of a re-install of the OS. Now with apploader I don't have to wipe right? It does it for me?

Or is there something else I should try first? I've done so many batt pulls today I'm going crazy

(I even tried going to the default theme and back and still no luck)
    09-07-11 07:41 PM
    midd, I agree totally-it does look like a nice device.....BUT come 'on, having to load up a leak directly out of the box ??? Idk, that just doesn't seem right.....hoping with a little bit of time the wrinkles will get ironed out.

I agree it shouldn't need to be tinkered with as soon as you get it. However, even the "All Hailed Androids" as soon as people get them they are rooted, hacked, and altered. The iPhone is jailbreaked right away by most that don't want the plain boring vanilla OS that comes with it and to use it the way it should. I'm not saying it's right that this has to be done, just that it is the nature of the beast. From everything I've heard 353 does solve the issues users were having, so as you say waiting a little bit for the wrinkles to get ironed out is ok. And should take to long.
    09-07-11 07:46 PM
    Ok genius ramblers...riddle me this...

Lately, it seems that my BB is not liking some of these themes that have come out. Namely on the clocks. They are all messed up and not at all like they should look. A few dev said it was custom fonts. So I deleted all custom fonts...no luck. Deleted font collection. No luck.
    And the same theme works for others on OS6. They work for Jaydee and we both have .600.

So, I was thinking of a re-install of the OS. Now with apploader I don't have to wipe right? It does it for me?

Or is there something else I should try first? I've done so many batt pulls today I'm going crazy

(I even tried going to the default theme and back and still no luck)
    You may need to wipe because it will see you have 600 on there and won't reload the same OS. You might even try 587 instead of 600 as it seems to be a more stable OS.
    09-07-11 07:49 PM
    You may need to wipe because it will see you have 600 on there and won't reload the same OS. You might even try 587 instead of 600 as it seems to be a more stable OS.
    Ok, so where do I get 587? Is it official? And if I install that, will I need to wipe? I've never wiped before
    09-07-11 08:03 PM
    Ok, so where do I get 587? Is it official? And if I install that, will I need to wipe? I've never wiped before
    You should be able to find it here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E3D0C9F4.node1

You shouldn't have to wipe your device before installing it. I should just ask you if you want to downgrade. Make sure you uninstall the 600 before you try to install 587.
    09-07-11 08:06 PM
    yes I agree with what your saying Midd about people mucking with the iOS, OS or droid os right out of the box. I just don't want to be bothered to HAVE to nor do I really have the time for mucking with os's these days lol. I will cross my fingers-be optimistic & hope for a smoother running os a couple mths down the road
    Hamster, as Midd said, you will have to wipe-i rem a few mths back when I was reloading 431 from 443 it wouldnt just do it because 443 was the 'greater' of the two as far as numbers go. And your trying to go from 600 to 600-so itL say something like your os is already up to date.

That's a really strange issue it sounds like your having I hope reloading your os will correct the problem for you.

09-07-11 08:08 PM
    oh boy-you guys are power typing tonight

I'm waaaaaaay behind in the convo here lol.

09-07-11 08:10 PM
    Power typing? lol I went over to Android Center for a little bit to check on the NC chats. By the way, if anyone is in the market for a Nook Color you should check out this: Barnes & Noble NOOK Color eReader With 7" VividView Touchscreen, 8GB, Wi-Fi, | eBay

A NC for $149.99
    09-07-11 08:13 PM
    You should be able to find it here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E3D0C9F4.node1

You shouldn't have to wipe your device before installing it. I should just ask you if you want to downgrade. Make sure you uninstall the 600 before you try to install 587.
    Make sure it's uninstalled of my laptop you mean? Thanks for the link..how is it different from 600?

yes I agree with what your saying Midd about people mucking with the iOS, OS or droid os right out of the box. I just don't want to be bothered to HAVE to nor do I really have the time for mucking with os's these days lol. I will cross my fingers-be optimistic & hope for a smoother running os a couple mths down the road
    Hamster, as Midd said, you will have to wipe-i rem a few mths back when I was reloading 431 from 443 it wouldnt just do it because 443 was the 'greater' of the two as far as numbers go. And your trying to go from 600 to 600-so itL say something like your os is already up to date.

That's a really strange issue it sounds like your having I hope reloading your os will correct the problem for you.

Yes it is very strange and has me all wound up lol. I just hate when things don't work right Was that on DM or apploader? I'm so confused.

How have you been? Sorry been MIA...lots going on

If I had to wipe....How and what are the steps?
    09-07-11 08:15 PM
    Make sure it's uninstalled of my laptop you mean? Thanks for the link..how is it different from 600?
    Sorry, yes for your laptop. The signal is better and any of the issues with reboots are not there. It just seems to be a little more stable.
    09-07-11 08:19 PM
    Sorry, yes for your laptop. The signal is better and any of the issues with reboots are not there. It just seems to be a little more stable.
    I get an incorrect link message

And we're talking app loader right?
    09-07-11 08:21 PM
    If I had to wipe....How and what are the steps?
    1) Back up everything!
    2) Use BBSAK to back up 3rd party apps
    3) Use BBSAK to wipe the device
    4) Use apploader to install the OS of your choice
    5) Reload your 3rd party apps
    6) Reload your messages and stuff
    09-07-11 08:23 PM
    1) Back up everything!
    2) Use BBSAK to back up 3rd party apps
    3) Use BBSAK to wipe the device
    4) Use apploader to install the OS of your choice
    5) Reload your 3rd party apps
    6) Reload your messages and stuff
    damn. But not if I use app loader and just install from there right?
    09-07-11 08:25 PM
    I get an incorrect link message

And we're talking app loader right?
    Try this link: you will have to fill in some info for RIM first.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5D21B35477BD9F
    09-07-11 08:26 PM
    damn. But not if I use app loader and just install from there right?
    You shouldn't have to wipe first using apploader, but if it doesn't let you install without wiping you will need to.
    09-07-11 08:27 PM
23,186 ... 655656657658659 ...