On Sunday afternoon I stopped into my local Verizon store and had to ask if they had a demo 9930 to look at. The rep went behind the counter and brought one out. Now keep in mind....my Bold 9650 is still with OS5 (yes...OS5 and I'm not changing to OS6).....so not having any experience with OS6 and then trying out the 9930 with OS7 it was a big jump for me. But all in all.....I did manage to find a lot of things on the 9930 without seeming like a a$$. For those of you already on OS6......trying out the 9930 will be a breeze for you.

The touch screen is fast and smooth. The screen itself is crystal clear. Those icons jump out at you. Love the liquid graphic screen. I have the bold 9650....so the bigger screen on the 9930 was great. I think RIM should of or could have made it a little bigger. Since I am over 60ish.....the bigger screen was a plus for me. The keyboard.....OH WOW .......much more room on the keys for typing. My fingers fell right into place on that keyboard. This bigger keyboard alone has sold me on this phone. You really need to try one to fully understand and appreciate this bigger keyboard....it ROCKS!!!!! The browser was much faster in loading. I typed in Crackberry and it loaded in a few seconds. Very light weight. Since the 9930 is wider than my 9650....it took a few seconds to feel comfortable holding it. The battery door does attract finger prints....I mean....lots of fingerprints. Sorry guys.....I did not check out the camera (senior moment).

Overall......I am impressed. Everyone has different needs in a phone. For me......this is perfect. Bigger keyboard makes for much easier typing with less errors (at least for me). Clear....crystal screen for my older eyes. Love the option to have a touch screen PLUS this fantastic keyboard.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-22-11 03:01 PM
    Noob blasting???? And I wasn't invited???!!!!

Jaydee congrats on the passing the 6,000 post milestone.
    There are so many noobs here now, there is plenty of room for one more blaster!

+1 JayDee!
    Thanks guys!
    I passed the 6K milestone once before but i wasn't deemed good enough to keep them all on the more to Rehab!

As for the increase in noobs...oh Nellie! They are a dumb bunch too!
    08-22-11 03:34 PM
    Thanks guys!
    I passed the 6K milestone once before but i wasn't deemed good enough to keep them all on the more to Rehab!

As for the increase in noobs...oh Nellie! They are a dumb bunch too!
    Stand by. They'll move the screenshot thread down here and you'll be back to zero!
    08-23-11 09:49 AM
    Stand by. They'll move the screenshot thread down here and you'll be back to zero!
    08-23-11 09:54 AM
    Hahahahahahaha.
    If they move that screen shot thread there are a lot of geniuses that won't be anymore! Paul, that pic is hysterical!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 11:30 AM
    That's a funny pic!

Also congrats on the G of G status.
    08-23-11 07:23 PM
    That's a funny pic!

Also congrats on the G of G status.
    Thank you, Midd
    08-23-11 07:53 PM
    Congrats Paul...our very own King of Snark on your G of G milestone!
    08-23-11 08:01 PM
    Thanks jaydee. Next title will probably be Banned.........AGAIN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 09:15 PM

Oh Paul, now now! The Queen will not let that happen! Who else would provide us our links served with a side of sarcasm?
    ;-)

08-23-11 09:56 PM
    Hey Ramblers!

Congrats to both Jaydee and Paul on their milestones
    I've been a bit busy with theme testing and making BW sets and my son..he starts school soon so I'll be back
    But I so want this 9930 but have to wait until Aug next year and by then, something else will be out I'm sure Unless I drop $500 now

Think VZW will let me upgrade early?
    08-24-11 06:56 AM
    OK well looking at my post above, you can see I have not mastered Tapatalk yet!
    LMAO!!!!

Anyway...Good Morning Ramblers!
    Earthquake here yesterday and Hurricane Irene a coming! Whatever is happening here on the east coast? This is NOT normal for us!!!!

Was in the beauty salon getting haircut at time of earthquake and other people felt it but i did not. Probably was too busy gossiping....lol

Not to spook anyone out but my memory leaks have been averaging 24-75 MB a day. That's pretty damn good for my phone. Pretty consistent and I seem to be able to make it a full 18 hours without worrying about a reboot.
    08-24-11 09:00 AM
    Not to spook anyone out but my memory leaks have been averaging 24-75 MB a day. That's pretty damn good for my phone. Pretty consistent and I seem to be able to make it a full 18 hours without worrying about a reboot.
    My memory hasn't really budged from 289.5x since I installed SocialScope last week and removed the native Social Feeds, FB, and Twitter apps. In fact right now I'm at 289.79. I haven't rebooted in days.

587 is a great OS, imo.
    08-24-11 09:26 AM
    Hey Ramblers!

But I so want this 9930 but have to wait until Aug next year and by then, something else will be out I'm sure Unless I drop $500 now

Think VZW will let me upgrade early?
    You might give them a call and ask. I have heard a couple of people say they called and VZW gave them an early upgrade. Personally with QNX coming out next year I don't want to be tied to the 9930 for two (or three) years.
    08-24-11 10:02 AM

Actually that would be funny to change it to King of the Banned.
    08-24-11 10:03 AM
    Actually that would be funny to change it to King of the Banned.
    I think they gave that title to Matrix Leader
    08-24-11 10:05 AM
    I've lost 20.2 and it's been 2 days and 19 hours since my last reboot.
    08-24-11 10:07 AM
    See? I'm doing ok then. I mean doesn't matter which os I use, it always leaks. And I reboot everyday because I'm always installing a new theme or three a day....

08-24-11 10:29 AM
    I've lost 20.2 and it's been 2 days and 19 hours since my last reboot.
    1.4 in 2 days 5 hours.

For Hamster, +1 on calling Big Red and asking for the early upgrade. They might go for it if you play it right, even though they supposedly don't do that any more.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-24-11 at 10:53 AM.
    08-24-11 10:51 AM
    I think they gave that title to Matrix Leader
    LMAO

I think you're right on that one.
    08-24-11 10:52 AM
    1.4 in 2 days 5 hours.
    How's your battery life with OSBBV6 with the 587 radio? I'm running the same hybrid and mines is unbelievably great!
    08-24-11 10:55 AM
    As my rambler friends know I have left my 9650 for another device after a year of a wonderful relationship where my bold served me well. I actually have given it to a friend along with a charging pod. Well, I have 3 more charging pods that are brand new, never used. As a token of forum friendship and in appreciation of all the help I received from you I'd be happy to ship to any of my rambler friends and you know who you are, several in fact, a pod if you would like one. Just the pod, no cords as I don't have those. PM with an address and it's yours.
    I thought I might get a 9930, but alas the price of $509+tax with all the various issues is beyond my needs/wants. I'm very happy where I'm at and will see what QNX brings to the table.
    I'm around and not going anywhere, just doing other things and preparing for a move to Oregon. (hmmm, guess I am going somewhere)
    Ciao,
    Jim

08-24-11 12:12 PM
    How's your battery life with OSBBV6 with the 587 radio? I'm running the same hybrid and mines is unbelievably great!
    It varies, but typically my discharge rate runs between 2.5 and 3%. With heavy use, it goes to around 4.5%. No complaints here! I can only hope that the discharge rate for the 9930 is as good.

BTW, I normally have WiFi and GPS secured, and my BT is always running in the background. I have BW updating on the hour, and an app that pulls UW football info daily. Sometimes, ScoreMobile is running too.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-24-11 at 07:40 PM.
    08-24-11 07:35 PM
    Hey everyone, I wouldn't dare post this in the 9930 forum simply because I'd get tossed out on my @ss.
    Went in to a Verizon store today and asked about the new bold. Was told it wasn't on display yet but if I could wait a minute they'd have it out. After a couple minutes I was presented with the new bold touch, fresh out of the box and all ready for the display. First customer to hold it and give it a go. A mint condition looking device if ever I saw one.
    Man-o-man and holy toledo but I do not care much for it. The touch screen while sensitive, fluid and very smooth wouldn't let me click on anything. I could highlite it, but then needed to push the trackpad to activate the highlighted link. Weird. The trackpad seems to be in conflict with the touch screen and is just wonky as he!! on most sites but curiously not all. Nothing like the 9650 which was very smooth and could be adjusted for sensitivity. All default settings were in place on this bold and the trackpad seems to have a mind of it's own. Saw many complaints regarding this on the other thread. I concur 100%+.
    Went to a few sites and the font is tiny, so no problem, right? Just pinch to zoom. Wow, works great but now I need to scroll side to side as it doesn't reformat. How irritating is this? Alot imo.
    As for the build quality and only my opinion here, but the thinness is not a good thing as it relates to the quality. It gives the bold a cheap, light weight feel. I didn't like it. And the awesome chrome bezel piece everybody is raving about. That just adds to the cheap build feel trying to make cheap not look cheap. I had a distinct feeling a soft drop to carpet would send the bezel flying.
    I'm very glad now I used my NE2 before and got a great solid device as this new bold is (imo only now), "a god dang disappointment".
    The 9650 was a much better constructed device with a real solid feel to it and had a slight heft to it that let you know it was a great BB and built to take it. The kb on the 9930 while nice and spacious was not a huge diff from my 9650 and I seriously doubt I would do that much better with it. Anyone with a serious BB addiction will surely love this thing, warts and all. To many warts for me.
    This has been my 2cents.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-25-11 at 05:42 PM.
    08-25-11 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the review Jim. I've talked to about a dozen people that have one (I haven't played yet). All of them like it (they are big BB fans). They do say the sensitivity of the screen is way too much and the slightest movement by a thumb on the trackpad towards the screen will mess up what you are doing on the screen. It's interesting you say the thinness is a drawback. That's one I hadn't heard, but I will ask about it.

I personally am going to wait for QNX.
    08-25-11 08:21 PM
23,186 ... 650651652653654 ...