hey Paul, i saw you were gonna give 70 by AG Designs another try, just curious how it went.....

i really like that theme as well i use my 'custom premium' themes for a few hours during the day, but always find myself going right back to this or many of the various versions of the OS6 default theme that i have. and to think, i was never one for the OS6 default theme in the beginning LOL
    and on another note, where has everyone been? this place is like a ghost town !!
    08-17-11 12:12 PM
    Hello Ramblers from sunny Maine!
    Went to see a few lighthouses today and took a ton of pictures. It was so hot I got a sunburn but I don't mind. Lovely out on the breakwater...This is the life!
    Off to dinner soon and guess what I'm having?

LOLOLOLOLOL
    08-17-11 03:15 PM
    hey Paul, i saw you were gonna give 70 by AG Designs another try, just curious how it went.....

i really like that theme as well i use my 'custom premium' themes for a few hours during the day, but always find myself going right back to this or many of the various versions of the OS6 default theme that i have. and to think, i was never one for the OS6 default theme in the beginning LOL
    and on another note, where has everyone been? this place is like a ghost town !!
    So far so good, my fresh install of 587 (shrunk) had one hiccup but that was prior to loading the 70 theme. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 9930
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    08-17-11 03:25 PM
    So far so good, my fresh install of 587 (shrunk) had one hiccup but that was prior to loading the 70 theme. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 9930
    I'm jealous! By the time I get to buy one, it will be old. I may have to skip it altogether and wait for the NEXT great thing...
    08-17-11 03:28 PM
    All this talk of getting new phones interesting. They are a big leap in hardware from what we have now, but I'm not going to jump either (can't really because I'm not due an upgrade yet). Of course unless I win one in the CB contest. Also as Runkle can tell you, being on Alltel we won't see these new OS7 phones until probably mid 2012 and that will be after the QNX phones come out.

Speaking of QNX phones, did anyone see they might have one out before the end of the year? Hmm.....
    08-17-11 06:19 PM
    w00t !! Pauls rockin the 70 theme !! w00t !!
    nyyyyyce !!!!!

I'm jealous! By the time I get to buy one, it will be old. I may have to skip it altogether and wait for the NEXT great thing...
    i'm with ya on this one Jaydee, if i stay bb. i think your upgrade is actually before mine, im in Aug2012 the 9930 will be a yr old by then
    08-17-11 07:03 PM
    All this talk of getting new phones interesting. They are a big leap in hardware from what we have now, but I'm not going to jump either (can't really because I'm not due an upgrade yet). Of course unless I win one in the CB contest. Also as Runkle can tell you, being on Alltel we won't see these new OS7 phones until probably mid 2012 and that will be after the QNX phones come out.

Speaking of QNX phones, did anyone see they might have one out before the end of the year? Hmm.....
    i glanced briefly at something about this but didn't completely take it in or fully pay attention
    08-17-11 07:04 PM
    Hello Ramblers from sunny Maine!
    Went to see a few lighthouses today and took a ton of pictures. It was so hot I got a sunburn but I don't mind. Lovely out on the breakwater...This is the life!
    Off to dinner soon and guess what I'm having?

LOLOLOLOLOL
    thats it !! im catching a plane & flying out to grab some lobster with ya !! LOL

BTW, i was wondering, does anyone talk to TJ anymore? she hasnt stopped in in a loooooong time.....
    08-17-11 07:06 PM
    Yeah, I'm with you on the new phone itch. I wonder if I can get a better price if I upgrade two lines?
    08-17-11 07:08 PM
    Yeah, I'm with you on the new phone itch. I wonder if I can get a better price if I upgrade two lines?
    I'm thinking by mid-September I'll be on 9930. My son is due to have his phone upgraded, so he's getting a dumbphone w/o data, and the savings there will pay for the increase in my data plan.
    08-17-11 07:17 PM
    Paul, or anyone for that fact, if you guys move onto the 9930 any time soon, check out the forum there. I didn't fully understand but heres the gist that i got, when you get the new 9930, they suggest not to use the device switch wizard because it doesnt tranfer over well. what was suggested to do is do a back up of your current device and then only do a custom restore to the 9930 of contacts, bbm, notepad and calendar. i'll head back over to that forum and grab the thread and post the link here....

alright, heres the thread for those of you interested that may not have seen this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-639185/
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-17-11 at 07:27 PM.
    08-17-11 07:25 PM
    I saw that, something about DSW hoses the new OS. I never use DSW anyway, why transfer all the old crap to the new device anyway???

I only restore contacts, memos, calendar and BBM contact.

I finally got my Bold to have +300MB free. I reinstalled 587 after a snafu, and after installing BBM, FB, QL, Berry Weather and Social feeds (which I thught I shrunk out) I booted up with 301.19. Mission accomplished.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-17-11 at 08:02 PM.
    08-17-11 07:50 PM
    I saw that, something about DSW hoses the new OS. I never use DSW anyway, why transfer all the old crap to the new device anyway???

I only restore contacts, memos, calendar and BBM contact.

I finally got my Bold to have +300MB free. I reinstalled 587 after a snafu, and after installing BBM, QL, Berry Weather and Social feeds (which I thught I shrunk out) I booted up with 301.19. Mission accomplished.
    agreed, i don't use the DSW anymore either, i'd back up & then choose to do a custom restore on the new device. when i was first learning bb, i used the DSW.

good news on the 300+ Paul

as for the new 9930's, i was actually shocked to hear of the dsw fokking it up.....but then again in a way, not so shocked.
    08-17-11 07:59 PM
    agreed, i don't use the DSW anymore either, i'd back up & then choose to do a custom restore on the new device. when i was first learning bb, i used the DSW.

as for the new 9930's, i was actually shocked to hear of the dsw fokking it up.....but then again in a way, not so shocked.
    I used DSW once, when I went from Pearl to Curve, by the time Storm rolled around I was way beyond the noobie methods!
    08-17-11 08:03 PM
    I used DSW once, when I went from Pearl to Curve, by the time Storm rolled around I was way beyond the noobie methods!
    Did you see the memory stats on the 9930? Roughly 180MB free. I wonder how much you can shrink out?
    08-17-11 09:16 PM
    I'm thinking by mid-September I'll be on 9930. My son is due to have his phone upgraded, so he's getting a dumbphone w/o data, and the savings there will pay for the increase in my data plan.
    I still have the $10 unlimited data. I can't get my data plan any lower.
    08-17-11 09:17 PM
    Hey Middbrew,

Not sure you saw my earlier post. Verizon is finally picking up my divested market. Formal takeover date is September 25. Time will tell if the old Alltel store in my area has the 9930 available at the end of September as a new Verizon store. Still not sure I want to kick over $250 in their direction.
    08-17-11 10:49 PM
    Did you see the memory stats on the 9930? Roughly 180MB free. I wonder how much you can shrink out?
    This worries me Underway because when my 9650 gets to 150MB left it spontaneously reboots and freezes. It is unusable. What happens with the 9930? Will 10 be enuf to run smoothly after 15 or so apps and EVENTUALLY 20 themes? As soon as it supports themes, I'm there.
    08-18-11 06:11 AM
    I still have the $10 unlimited data. I can't get my data plan any lower.
    You lose that when you upgrade your phone tho, correct? Go to a 9930 and lose the 10 bucks plan. I thought that was the rule.
    08-18-11 06:12 AM
    You lose that when you upgrade your phone tho, correct? Go to a 9930 and lose the 10 bucks plan. I thought that was the rule.
    Nope. I just have to keep a smartphone on that line. If I change my plan, then the special deal goes. In fact, two of my lines have that "Smartphones Talk Free" (STF) promo on them, which knocks off the $9.99 shared plan access fee. That deal goes away after two years. For those two BlackBerry phones, I'm paying just the $10 data charge.

I have a 1400-minute family share plan with five BlackBerry phones. After considering my STF promo, and the $10 unlimited data per line, I'm paying less than $43 per line. Go figure -- I can't afford to switch carriers. It's a good thing that Big Red will have both the 9930 AND the 9850.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-18-11 at 10:05 AM.
    08-18-11 09:55 AM
    I've seen some 9930 owners getting it up to around 240MB free.
    08-18-11 10:14 AM
    Nope. I just have to keep a smartphone on that line.
    That's not what I was told by several different reps. If I activate a new device on the line with the $15 data plan, the plan is not an option and I won't be able to keep it.
    08-18-11 10:16 AM
    I've seen some 9930 owners getting it up to around 240MB free.
    I'd expect that since OS7 is mostly a beefier OS6, the shrink tools should work. Have you heard anything different?
    08-18-11 10:17 AM
    That's not what I was told by several different reps. If I activate a new device on the line with the $15 data plan, the plan is not an option and I won't be able to keep it.
    I don't have the 150MB for $15 plan that I think you have. I have the unlimited data plan that used to sell for $29.99. I have a $20 credit per smartphone line that supposedly stays with the line until I change my plan. As long as I make no changes to the plan, I keep the $20 credit.
    08-18-11 10:21 AM
    I don't have the 150MB for $15 plan that I think you have. I have the unlimited data plan that used to sell for $29.99. I have a $20 credit per smartphone line that supposedly stays with the line until I change my plan. As long as I make no changes to the plan, I keep the $20 credit.
    Ah, different situation, unlimited plans are grandfathered over but my plan isn't. C*********s!
    08-18-11 10:23 AM
23,186 ... 648649650651652 ...