Just an aside, my Alltel towers finally "rule the air" on September 25. $250 for a 9930; not so sure it makes sense here either. My 9650 has been very stable over the last several months. I am with you 99 and Pink, I plan to take a close look at my other options as well. Not sure I will change because I really like the sync options between BB and Outlook.
    08-15-11 10:45 PM
    Hey, Hamster and I wanna know how do we see the LOCK screen on our bbs? When I press the "a" key, it locks it but there's no lock screen, Like they show on the themes...

How to get it?
    08-16-11 07:15 AM
    Pink, interesting that you had an app error involving crApp World. I loaded up the crApp World 3.0 beta and noticed lag and memory loss on a clean install of 587. I deleted the OS from my PC reinstalled it, shrank the life out of it and reinstalled.

Everything is loaded back up except for Tapatalk and crApp World beta and it's running smooth as silk. Jaydee with just QL and BBM installed, my shrunken 587 started up with 296.51 free. I just can't get 300
    08-16-11 07:36 AM
    Pink, interesting that you had an app error involving crApp World. I loaded up the crApp World 3.0 beta and noticed lag and memory loss on a clean install of 587. I deleted the OS from my PC reinstalled it, shrank the life out of it and reinstalled.

Everything is loaded back up except for Tapatalk and crApp World beta and it's running smooth as silk. Jaydee with just QL and BBM installed, my shrunken 587 started up with 296.51 free. I just can't get 300
    pc...wtf? Still not over 300?I guess deleting BBM would put you over but not everyone has the luxury of doing that. Well, I start with 289 but I have 13 themes installed and about 15 apps now. If I deleted it all, wouldn't I start over 300?Or maybe installed apps and themes don't take up that much....
    08-16-11 07:51 AM
    pc...wtf? Still not over 300?I guess deleting BBM would put you over but not everyone has the luxury of doing that. Well, I start with 289 but I have 13 themes installed and about 15 apps now. If I deleted it all, wouldn't I start over 300?Or maybe installed apps and themes don't take up that much....
    After installing QL, BBM, BB Protect, Berryweather, GTalk, Yahoo Messenger, FB and Twitter I start up with 289.50 so I'd say you're doing pretty well.
    08-16-11 08:11 AM
    After installing QL, BBM, BB Protect, Berryweather, GTalk, Yahoo Messenger, FB and Twitter I start up with 289.50 so I'd say you're doing pretty well.
    Yeah, I deleted all those social networking apps since I have no friends...outside of BBM. They leave BB, they leave me. HAHA
    08-16-11 08:42 AM
    I'm really itching for the new Bold, I just haven't convinced myself that it's worth $200
    08-16-11 08:45 AM
    I'm really itching for the new Bold, I just haven't convinced myself that it's worth $200
    well, let's see...it has new hardware, right? and new software? 'd say it's a bit different. And why 200? Aren't you using your NE2? Doesn't it come down to 149? or 99? I'm not paying more than that. Besides by the time I get mine in Feb...it will be 6 months old....
    08-16-11 08:48 AM
    well, let's see...it has new hardware, right? and new software? 'd say it's a bit different. And why 200? Aren't you using your NE2? Doesn't it come down to 149? or 99? I'm not paying more than that. Besides by the time I get mine in Feb...it will be 6 months old....
    Hardware is new, software is sort-of new. I don't doubt that it runs better than our Bolds on OS6 or even on OS5. I'm confident that the 1.2gHz processor has a lot to do with that.

The listed 2-year price is $249. NE2 brings it down to $199 with free overnight shipping. I'm just not sure that the experience of having the new hardware loaded with a tweaked OS6 is worth the $200. Spread over the two-year commitment, that works out to $8.33 per month. Even assuming that I only use it for the same 15 months that I've been using my 9650 before the QNX phones come out, that comes to $13.33 per month.

Hmmm. I may have to rethink this again.
    08-16-11 10:01 AM

yea Paul it was strange. plugged in my bb on counter to charge(screen was fine), went onto laptop, i got done on the laptop which was a whole 15mins. i walk back over to the counter and bam, white 602 screen. so thats how im *99%* sure it was the bb app world pw reset thing. theres no other explanation.

i have V2.1.4.9 for BB App world, and since installing it this past Sunday(?) i've noticed its laaaaaaagggy...... and 3MBS large too !! so now i'm booting up with 267 which includes - 35 themes plus the default, so 36 total(just counted) and 16 apps. IDK how your not able to get more MB's out of your shrink

Jaydee to answer your question about the themes, they are *approximately* on average 500kb each, some of the more 'fancy ones' (like cheshire, aura)are gonna be 1mb+ so to figure out how much you'd have w/out your themes count every 2 themes as 1mb and then for safe measure add on 1-2mbs on your end total and that would be approximately how much mb you have on your bb w/out those themes 'directly' installed going against your memory mbs. so your saying you have 15themes directly installed on your bb-that would average you about 8-9MBs being used up on your memory, and you start with 289, so IF you removed just your themes, you be booting up with about 297-298.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-16-11 at 10:37 AM.
    08-16-11 10:29 AM
    technically i'm not due for an upgrade till Aug.2012 so by then, that device will be year old (unless i'm able to steal my other daughters upgrade due this Nov2011, but she may need it as her dumbph is acting up)

BTW 99, did you see the 'mini review' Adam Zeiss did on the 9860 front page of CB. Its sprints brand, but i'm sure VzW's will resemble that to me it looks just 'okay' i wasnt very wowwed---gave me S2 flash backs LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-16-11 at 10:33 AM.
    08-16-11 10:31 AM
    If I recall correctly, my NE2 credit is $30. So I think my cost would be $169.99, which to me is still a lot to invest in a device when I switch so frequently.

Keep in mind, I have had my current Bold for 14 months; that's the longest I've used any of my BB's listed below.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-16-11 at 11:08 AM.
    08-16-11 10:50 AM
    technically i'm not due for an upgrade till Aug.2012 so by then, that device will be year old (unless i'm able to steal my other daughters upgrade due this Nov2011, but she may need it as her dumbph is acting up)

BTW 99, did you see the 'mini review' Adam Zeiss did on the 9860 front page of CB. Its sprints brand, but i'm sure VzW's will resemble that to me it looks just 'okay' i wasnt very wowwed---gave me S2 flash backs LOL
    Yes, I saw both CB reviews. They both described the 9850/60 as having the feeling of a toy, and I noticed the term "game controller" more than once. I wonder if those guys were really comparing the 9850 to the 9930.

I can't see wanting to use something that looks and feels like a toy. I like the solid feeling of a top of the line BlackBerry. It looks like the Torch doesn't have it.
    08-16-11 11:01 AM
    Yes, I saw both CB reviews. They both described the 9850/60 as having the feeling of a toy, and I noticed the term "game controller" more than once. I wonder if those guys were really comparing the 9850 to the 9930.

I can't see wanting to use something that looks and feels like a toy. I like the solid feeling of a top of the line BlackBerry. It looks like the Torch doesn't have it.
    agreed, now the 9650 feels like a good solid bb. the S2, as finicky as the OS was, had a good solid feel to it. I did also hear in the 9860 vid he referred to 'plastic' alot......i agree, i don't think this model has got 'it' either, even the screen he said was a plastic like scratch resistant type and not glass.
    08-16-11 11:13 AM
    even the screen he said was a plastic like scratch resistant type and not glass.
    Mornin', I never put that much weight emphasis on glass screens, but after having one for awhile it does make a big difference in the quality feel not to mention the awesome scratch resistance of glass. I think it has now become a requirement of my future devices.
    The new bold does look sweet and I'm looking forward to the mini reviews of the peeps experiences with it. Another must for me is the "hot spot" feature. I'm hooked on that option now as well. I hear it's coming tho.

Besides by the time I get mine in Feb...it will be 6 months old....
    At that point in time wouldn't you just wait for the QNX? They(rim) are saying Q1 of 2012. No guarantees on that timing of course.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-16-11 at 11:26 AM.
    08-16-11 11:22 AM
    Mornin', I never put that much weight emphasis on glass screens, but after having one for awhile it does make a big difference in the quality feel not to mention the awesome scratch resistance of glass. I think it has now become a requirement of my future devices.
    The new bold does look sweet and I'm looking forward to the mini reviews of the peeps experiences with it. Another must for me is the "hot spot" feature. I'm hooked on that option now as well. I hear it's coming tho.
    Jim, when using my S2 the screen was a scratch resistant glass, and with that being said-the screen structure itself was awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:40 AM
    Jim, when using my S2 the screen was a scratch resistant glass, and with that being said-the screen structure itself was awesome
    Wasn't the S2 that clicky style touch screen? How does that work with glass?
    I would not have thought it was glass. I actually tried one in store once and did not like the touch feel much and ended up going with the 9650.
    08-16-11 11:45 AM
    Wasn't the S2 that clicky style touch screen? How does that work with glass?
    I would not have thought it was glass. I actually tried one in store once and did not like the touch feel much and ended up going with the 9650.
    Yes, S2 had Surepress and yes it was glass.
    08-16-11 11:46 AM
    just to add to Pauls post, the glass screen had four electronic connectors on the bottom of it, one in each corner, so that when typing and clicking, it would register what your input was.

08-16-11 11:57 AM

At that point in time wouldn't you just wait for the QNX? They(rim) are saying Q1 of 2012. No guarantees on that timing of course.
    Yup.
    Not a thing wrong with my 9650.
    Could keep it another two years if need be. 9930 is only for me IF I want to use my NE2. After that, it's another 2 years before I get another device. So it depends on what's there, how it sounds from everyone's assessments and what is coming...not rumored, but coming.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-16-11 at 03:16 PM.
    08-16-11 03:13 PM
    just to add to Pauls post, the glass screen had four electronic connectors on the bottom of it, one in each corner, so that when typing and clicking, it would register what your input was.

And it "froze up" when the phone was off, unlike Storm's that would still click.
    08-16-11 03:19 PM
    And it "froze up" when the phone was off, unlike Storm's that would still click.
    yes !! It was almost like it got 'suctioned' down to keep from being able to toggle & click.
    On another note, I've been trying to access ThemesInMotion forum section yest & today-but I keep getting a 404 error that the page was removed, renamed or not available.....does any one know what happened or what's going on with this? I just created a user name over the weekend too !!

08-16-11 05:49 PM
    Pink, pm one of the ppl associated with tim to report it or ask your question. BA, dollface or superstarme. They should be able to tell u what's up!!

Good luck!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-16-11 05:56 PM
    thx jaydee, that was going to be my next step if any of you guys/gals didn't know what was up !!

08-16-11 06:13 PM
    sad news, the forum was closed down.....idk why. But in case any of you may have been wondering my outcome.

08-16-11 07:11 PM
23,186 ... 647648649650651 ...