i've never used this app, BUT perhaps something within the app prevents the msgs from being purged out completely does Jaydee use this or a similar app ? perhaps that could be something to think about as well.

yes, as far as a network thing, i will have to agree with you there. more and more. thats why i did mention about the msgs being 'stuck' in the que and not getting purged out after a delete. but its strange how its only from one contact.....it really is baffling !!
    To the contrary, that applet has an option to permanently delete messages. I purge them daily. I also force the email reconciliation every day, right after I clear the undelete store.
    08-14-11 01:22 PM
    Hey guys! Traveling today to Maine to see some family and other assorted fun things. When I get to my destination, I will drag out the laptop and see what I have been missing here and try fixmo's applet as I own the whole kit and kaboodle. Thanks for troubleshooting this problem!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 01:36 PM
    I'm more of the mind that it's a network issue now. I noticed last night (really, it just clicked last night -- I first saw it a week or so back) that my last few reboots have also resulted in old messages coming back to my phone. The difference is that they have all gone directly to the trash. I use the Undelete applet from Fixmo Tools, and I can see the old messages there after I do a battery pull.

For JayDee, are your old messages reappearing as new or unread? If so, then maybe you could check that Email Reconciliation set for each of your accounts. Did something just change, perhaps when you loaded the hybrid? Check this page for info: KB13509-How to reconcile email messages between the messaging server and the BlackBerry smartphone. Note that this link was updated a week ago.
    Ok Underway, the messages are coming in as unread. And it's from 7 different "senders" because there are seven messages doing it. Oh and three diff email addresses. And 2 BBM contacts. all from LAST Sunday. I went in and changed the email reconcile stuff to say handheld wins. Maybe that will stop it being pushed to my phone. The repeated email NEVER shows up on my laptop...just my phone. Should I use Undelete? Will that help me at ll. No, I think that is just how you figured you had it, right?

Very crazy indeed!!!
    08-14-11 03:59 PM
    Ok Underway, the messages are coming in as unread. And it's from 7 different "senders" because there are seven messages doing it. Oh and three diff email addresses. And 2 BBM contacts. all from LAST Sunday. I went in and changed the email reconcile stuff to say handheld wins. Maybe that will stop it being pushed to my phone. The repeated email NEVER shows up on my laptop...just my phone. Should I use Undelete? Will that help me at ll. No, I think that is just how you figured you had it, right?

Very crazy indeed!!!
    The fact that 1) the messages don't return until you energize the radios, and 2) the emails don't appear on your computer, both tell me that the issue is between your Bold and the network.

I don't think that Undelete will help you there. It just works on the client (phone side). To my knowledge, it does not communicate with the network. I only mentioned that because I've seen some of my deleted messages coming back, but they show up in the Undelete app only.

After you set the email reconciliation, did you hit RECONCILE NOW? Do that, then secure the radios and delete the emails again. Enable the radios and see what happens. Do they come back again?

As to your BBM, do you save the chat history? If so, try disabling that and reboot. Maybe it's picking up the history and reporting the messages as new?

I'm running out of options here. This may still come down to RIM purging your account data to get it cleared.
    08-14-11 04:35 PM
    To the contrary, that applet has an option to permanently delete messages. I purge them daily. I also force the email reconciliation every day, right after I clear the undelete store.
    ok, so that squashes my ideas then lol.

Hey guys! Traveling today to Maine to see some family and other assorted fun things. When I get to my destination, I will drag out the laptop and see what I have been missing here and try fixmo's applet as I own the whole kit and kaboodle. Thanks for troubleshooting this problem!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    glad to try and help out.....to be honest, its just baffling the heck outta me of what could be causing it !!

have fun in Maine with the fam !!
    08-14-11 04:38 PM
    On another note, i meant to mention this yesterday and got side tracked......VzW doesn't have the 9650 on their site at all anymore !! i was like !! ZoInKs !! and now i saw that the new Bold is going to be avail on 8.15, which is 2moro. i want to check it out just outta curiousity

but they still have the S2 avail.... that i dont understand !!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-14-11 at 04:55 PM.
    08-14-11 04:50 PM
    The 9930 is for sales on the Verizon site for $249.99 on a 2 year contract and $199.99 with a NE2.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-15-11 05:29 AM
    Morning Ramblers! From rainy Maine!

Underway, I went to my reconcile accounts thru options on my phone and set it for Handheld wins.

Guess what? no more bbm messages and no more email. Of course, the bbm messages makes NO sense cause i didn't do anything but turn off wi-fi....

But the extra email is gone.
    Will keep you posted on the bbm stuff too.
    08-15-11 06:24 AM
    The 9930 is for sales on the Verizon site for $249.99 on a 2 year contract and $199.99 with a NE2.
    thx Jimi, i did pull up VzW's page and saw it there !!

Underway, I went to my reconcile accounts thru options on my phone and set it for Handheld wins.

Guess what? no more bbm messages and no more email. Of course, the bbm messages makes NO sense cause i didn't do anything but turn off wi-fi....

YaYYYYY !!! hopefully your repeat msgs will STAY AWAY now lol

btw, very rainy here too !! yuk !!
    08-15-11 08:43 AM
    Still a little too steep for me. $250 for a phone, IMO, is crazy.
    08-15-11 08:50 AM

Very good. All that the RECONCILE NOW does is force a status update back to the server. telling it what's been read and deleted and what to do with the messages at the server.

Wait --you said the email and BBM didn't come back after you secured your WiFi. What happens when you re-enable it?
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-15-11 at 09:00 AM.
    08-15-11 08:57 AM
    Me too. I'd really like to have one, but at $200 I can't justify dumping my 9650. Especially since it appears from most reviews that it's really just a hardware upgrade. Functionally, this phone works as well as it did when I opened the box last June.

Now, I might be tempted to look at the 9850 -- same hardware, but with full touchscreen AND autofocus camera. I have three BB upgrades waiting for a better deal. Maybe they'll have a BOGO in September for school?
    08-15-11 09:08 AM
    Some folks reported that they got theirs for $149 if they were upgrading their primary line. Recall that the NE2 credit for the primary line is $100 vice $50.
    08-15-11 09:10 AM
    i agree that the $250 is alot to pay for the bb 9930. 99, i've also seen the reports about the camera missing auto focus on this one too thats disappointing !! that reminds me of when RIM had the flash on the 8330 and then when they released the 'curve 2 & 3' they REMOVED the flash that was a stupid move.

some are claiming that the browser is fast(er) (1.2mhz now). there was actually someone that posted there were no browser shortcuts on the OS7 browser...i was like really?!? either that person didn't realize its doable and didn't know how to set the settings in the browser config. but i believe someone posted back to them that there is & to enable it.

overall, i will check it out, but it really doesnt sound like too much of an 'upgrade' from the 9650 to interest me--but who knows, i'll check it out when it comes to stores rumored on the 25th to arrive. however, i'm still thinking(95%) going iP4 or 5. with that, i feel spending the 3 bills on a 32gb is worth it to me
    08-15-11 09:57 AM
    i agree that the $250 is alot to pay for the bb 9930. 99, i've also seen the reports about the camera missing auto focus on this one too thats disappointing !! that reminds me of when RIM had the flash on the 8330 and then when they released the 'curve 2 & 3' they REMOVED the flash that was a stupid move.

some are claiming that the browser is fast(er) (1.2mhz now). there was actually someone that posted there were no browser shortcuts on the OS7 browser...i was like really?!? either that person didn't realize its doable and didn't know how to set the settings in the browser config. but i believe someone posted back to them that there is & to enable it.

overall, i will check it out, but it really doesnt sound like too much of an 'upgrade' from the 9650 to interest me--but who knows, i'll check it out when it comes to stores rumored on the 25th to arrive. however, i'm still thinking(95%) going iP4 or 5. with that, i feel spending the 3 bills on a 32gb is worth it to me
    I don't doubt that it's faster or "snappier". It should be with that 1.2gHz processor. I'm not sure that it's $200 and two years "snappier".

If I'm going to drop two bills and also spend one of my last NE2s, I might want something a little different. That new 9850 has the same guts and OS, but the full touchscreen sounds nice. I'll at least look at it.
    08-15-11 10:07 AM
    I don't doubt that it's faster or "snappier". It should be with that 1.2gHz processor. I'm not sure that it's $200 and two years "snappier".

If I'm going to drop two bills and also spend one of my last NE2s, I might want something a little different. That new 9850 has the same guts and OS, but the full touchscreen sounds nice. I'll at least look at it.
    I agree w/you on the 250/2yrs snappier worth the price to pay thing

Also, I keep forgetting about the 9850. Lol, thx for the reminder---i will be interested in checking that out also. Does anyone know the rumored date of its landing at VzW? I haven't really followed too much on that one. I saw Sprint is getting it on the 21st or 25th...I forget which.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 10:29 AM
    I agree w/you on the 250/2yrs snappier worth the price to pay thing

Also, I keep forgetting about the 9850. Lol, thx for the reminder---i will be interested in checking that out also. Does anyone know the rumored date of its landing at VzW? I haven't really followed too much on that one. I saw Sprint is getting it on the 21st or 25th...I forget which.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sprint is releasing the 9930 and 9850 on the same day next week. VZW is rumored to sell the 9850 near 01 September.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    08-15-11 10:34 AM
    How does $509+taxes sound? That's what I'd have to pay. Seriously, it's not enough of an upgrade for me to even remotely consider. Even at $250 I'd pass on it. I'm very pleased with what I've got for now.
    Hmmmm....anybody want to speculate on what the first gripes about the new 9930 will be about? It's always something it seems. Whaaahhh! My trackpad Has a purple tint in sunlight, Whaahhh! J/K I'm sure it will be flawless
    08-15-11 12:19 PM
    Sprint is releasing the 9930 and 9850 on the same day next week. VZW is rumored to sell the 9850 near 01 September.
    thx 99, i'll keep an eye out for it

ya know, this may sound weird, i would like to stay blackberry, BUT i'm seriously getting tired of how slooooow the OS moves compared to the iOS.

SO, i'm hoping checking out the 9850, which will hopefully bring a pleasant touch screen experience & a nice smooth moving OS, will convince me to stay with bb and not go to the dark side LOL
    08-15-11 12:19 PM
    How does $509+taxes sound? That's what I'd have to pay. Seriously, it's not enough of an upgrade for me to even remotely consider. Even at $250 I'd pass on it. I'm very pleased with what I've got for now.
    Hmmmm....anybody want to speculate on what the first gripes about the new 9930 will be about? It's always something it seems. Whaaahhh! My trackpad Has a purple tint in sunlight, Whaahhh! J/K I'm sure it will be flawless
    hiya Jim !! Lmao !! there were people already complaining about the camera not have 'auto focus' and they don't even have the device !! so yea.....the calls to the "waaahmmbulance" have started already
    08-15-11 12:23 PM
    hiya Jim !! Lmao !! there were people already complaining about the camera not have 'auto focus' and they don't even have the device !! so yea.....the calls to the "waaahmmbulance" have started already
    Reminds me of when I was a kid and went to shop for something with my dad, a color tv I think and he said "how would you like this'? Of course I'd love it and he says, "yeah but we better wait awhile 'cause it looks like they love it more". Fatherly wisdom. It's looking like they love it more than I.
    08-15-11 12:28 PM
    btw, Hi Pink! I'm very happily using my casio droid device(c771) I never would have thunk it. By all means there is life after BB. When the QNX stuff starts to trickle out maybe in 2013 I'll take another look. of course by then everybody else will still be miles ahead of BB. But "it is what it is" Just use what works for you. Reminds me of the age old argument of the ford owners versus the chevy owners. I wouldn;t own either one. Just use what works for you is my philosophy. pretty simple. No keeping up with the joneses required.
    08-15-11 12:33 PM
    Reminds me of when I was a kid and went to shop for something with my dad, a color tv I think and he said "how would you like this'? Of course I'd love it and he says, "yeah but we better wait awhile 'cause it looks like they love it more". Fatherly wisdom. It's looking like they love it more than I.
    i think i understand what your meaning there^^^^

btw, Hi Pink! I'm very happily using my casio droid device(c771) I never would have thunk it. By all means there is life after BB. When the QNX stuff starts to trickle out maybe in 2013 I'll take another look. of course by then everybody else will still be miles ahead of BB. But "it is what it is" Just use what works for you. Reminds me of the age old argument of the ford owners versus the chevy owners. I wouldn;t own either one. Just use what works for you is my philosophy. pretty simple. No keeping up with the joneses required.
    i know you've been happy with your droid after taking that gutsy chance to change platforms. i swore i'd never do it because i didn't want to learn a new os or iOs etc. BUT i'm really getting tired of the slowness of the os on bb....the only thing keeping me with it right now is the fact that i enjoy the few bw sets i have and my batex, and the various default OS6 themes i've been so into lately. other than that, meh, its nothing else really. I could go on and on with what i like about the iP4 but deep down i'm still on the edge about changing. I know if i don't like it with in 14days i can switch back and say i gave it a shot i know to use what works for me, its the advice i always tell everyone else when they ask my opinion on bb, make a pros/cons list and bounce your ideas off that NOW it'd be great if i took my own advice LOL

and i'm not worried about keeping up with the joneses or anyone looking at me sideways because they disapprove that i've changed platforms. my upgrade isn't avail yet, so i have time as Mick says, 'time is on my side'....for now

as for the ford/chevy thing....i remember those days too
    08-15-11 01:02 PM
    Paying full price is insane, IMO.
    08-15-11 01:29 PM
    hey all, just thought i'd share....lol. goody for me i rec'd "app error 602" on a white screen today with option to 'reset' which i did, booted up no problem. BUT i think i know what caused it. On my bb i stay logged into BB App World - now i was on my comp logging into bb app world today and for what ever crazy reason it kept telling me my user name/pw was wrong i know it wasn't but w/e. SO i had to reset my password. i'm guessing when that happened it booted me out of bb app world on my bb causing the app error 602. its the only thing that coincides with when exactly that happened today.

other than that--IDK. i was running Tech's ColorPointOne theme(a colored os6 default theme), which i have 3 colors & been using them w/out any issues what so ever.

if anyone has other ideas to bounce to me, i'm open for them.

i've already searched the error & it said it could be caused by a theme, BUT like i've mentioned above, i've been using this theme-3 diff colors for almost a week now no issues, AND it happ'd right after the pw reset on my laptop for BB App World. (sorry to repeat myself, just want to be clear)

08-15-11 06:00 PM
23,186 ... 646647648649650 ...