hey all, i'm still around too. i've been busy running my bloody fingers to the bones making batex sets !! LOL and Hamsters fingers must be worn down too from all those bw sets ! LOL

i have a fairly busy day today and i need a break from here for a couple of days

jaydee, idk wth is going on with your bbm either, & honestly i don't know too much about it considering i only use it with my son now lol. hope you get your issue straighten out again....

i'll try to pop in later !!

have a good day all
    08-12-11 08:35 AM
    Hi Essex!
    How have you been? Long time no see!
    Inorder to switch cards, you are going to have to plug your phone into the computer. Make a new folder on your desktop and call it whatever you'd like. Then open up My Computer/ and navigate to the icon for your phone. Open that icon and highlight EVERYTHING there in that window and go to EDIT/COPY. Then go to the folder you created on your desktop and do an EDIT/Paste.

That will copy everything into a folder on your hard drive. Take out the old card and put in the new one.You might want to format it in the phone first. I will have someone post these instructions next.

Once the larger card is in your phone, connect it the same way to your computer and do an EDIT/COPY and EDIT/PASTE into the new card. Or you can drag the contents over.

Either way, you are making a copy of the two GB card on the desktop, putting your junk in it, popping in the new card and dragging your junk into it. See what I am saying?

Thank you Jaydee. Almost worked. All files transferred but did not load into the correct file places. I can find them in the file folders but they are not in the applications. Any suggestions? Reboot didn't work. And my BerryWeather is running super slow.
    08-12-11 03:50 PM
    Thank you Jaydee. Almost worked. All files transferred but did not load into the correct file places. I can find them in the file folders but they are not in the applications. Any suggestions? Reboot didn't work. And my BerryWeather is running super slow.
    Wait...if you copied the entire card and then moved it over, what is the problem? Which apps don't recognize the folders? You may have to open the apps and let them re-find the card. But not sure.

Which apps. Let's take it one at a time.
    08-12-11 04:21 PM
    Berry Weather, Battery Ex and pictures. I can see them in the file folders but they didn't go to the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 04:36 PM
    Berry Weather, Battery Ex and pictures. I can see them in the file folders but they didn't go to the apps.

OK so on your card you have Blackberry/berryweather; Blackberry/m4dev/skins/Battex; and when you open the camera, hit the bb button/options/store pictures on media card and save.

Have you checked the file directories like those above?
    08-12-11 04:39 PM
    Yes the file directories are correct, I tried the picture thing and it didn't work, so I tried the import pictures option and it just jumbled them all together. I should have left well enough alone.

08-12-11 04:53 PM
    Yes the file directories are correct, I tried the picture thing and it didn't work, so I tried the import pictures option and it just jumbled them all together. I should have left well enough alone.

I don't get what you mean when you say "import pictures"
    What does jumbled all together mean?
    People swap cards all the time. There is a way to fix this. Just one step at a time. What happens when you take a picture? Where does it go?

Berryweather doesn't even have to be in a folder marked Berryweather to work. As long as they are on the card, they show up in the app.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-12-11 at 05:04 PM.
    08-12-11 04:57 PM
    Jumbled together means they did not go into the respective files I had for them. Wallies, my son, my bofriend, etc. When I take a picture it goes into Camera pictures like usual.

Thank you for being patient with me, I'm just a little panicked and reached for the ripcord. I appreciate you being willing to help me.

08-12-11 05:46 PM
    Jumbled together means they did not go into the respective files I had for them. Wallies, my son, my bofriend, etc. When I take a picture it goes into Camera pictures like usual.

Thank you for being patient with me, I'm just a little panicked and reached for the ripcord. I appreciate you being willing to help me.

OK now wait. This doesn't make sense Essex.
    If you copied (that is dragged) the entire contents of the card to your computer and then back to your new card, they should be in that order. Look at the files on your desktop. Are they in the correct folder, dog, wallies, boyfriend, etc? They should be just like they were on the 2GB card. Let's start there.

Breathe. we'll get it.
    08-12-11 05:53 PM
    They are in the correct order, and I did click and drag. They are even in the right order in the files on my phone, they just didn't go back into the camera place and I just noticed even my ringtones are there just not active on my phone.

Should we BBM? Would that be easier. I am home now and will have access to my computer if I need to do something on there, again.

08-12-11 06:03 PM
    sent you a pm with my pin.
    08-12-11 06:14 PM
    Morning Ramblers!
    Hamster and I got on BBM with Essex last night and got her all squared away on switching to a larger SD card.

I still have my crazy BBM messages and emails re-appearing from last Sunday every time I do a batt pull or a scheduled reboot. Very frustrating that with complaints, no one can fix the damn thing. Time to call BlackBerry I guess. VZW is at a loss. Even pcgizmo is having the same problem.

BGT has a free theme called Visio available in CrApp World for FREE today!
    So fire up your copy of App World and get it.

I might try the 3.0 beta of App World today as well. I use it so often now. Funny, in the beginning I never even installed it. But now I gotta go there a lot for retrieving something or trying something else... Don't even know if I can call it a memory hog anymore because I have other stuff that could be the culprit. Yesterday was a banner day...only 40MB loss in 18 hours!

WooHOOOOOOOO Things are getting better...I think.
    08-13-11 08:24 AM
    morning Jaydee and all !!

sorry to hear the bbm/email thing is still an issue, and now Paul too ?!???!??sheesh !!

to add to the BB App World, i saw a post from dollface and Raypho has a theme limited time free avail also called "providence" it looks really nice. I've dwl'd that already AAANND mobi900 posted a new theme this morn i dwld and i'm using right now. Its really nice as well

as for BB App World being a mem leaker Jaydee, idt it ever was. i took it off my bb going back mths ago and still had mem leaks. i added it back on the beginning of this week, and no change in my mem drainage leaking.

glad to hear Bella/Essex got her sd card transferred over

hope everyone enjoys their w/end
    08-13-11 08:49 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

I still have my crazy BBM messages and emails re-appearing from last Sunday every time I do a batt pull or a scheduled reboot. Very frustrating that with complaints, no one can fix the damn thing. Time to call BlackBerry I guess. VZW is at a loss. Even pcgizmo is having the same problem.

I might try the 3.0 beta of App World today as well. I use it so often now. Funny, in the beginning I never even installed it. But now I gotta go there a lot for retrieving something or trying something else... Don't even know if I can call it a memory hog anymore because I have other stuff that could be the culprit. Yesterday was a banner day...only 40MB loss in 18 hours!

WooHOOOOOOOO Things are getting better...I think.

Big Red couldn't clear the messages from your account? There has to be a way to purge the messaging contents of your BIS account. If its happening to Paul, too, then I suspect that it is something bigger than just your account.

I looked at loading the AppWorld beta, but stopped after seeing the discrepancy list. I'm not sure that I want to deal with some of those issues. Look at the KNOWN ISSUES and CURRENT ISSUES tabs.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-13-11 at 10:43 AM.
    08-13-11 10:37 AM
    Big Red couldn't clear the messages from your account? There has to be a way to purge the messaging contents of your BIS account. If its happening to Paul, too, then I suspect that it is something bigger than just your account.

I looked at loading the AppWorld beta, but stopped after seeing the discrepancy list. I'm not sure that I want to deal with some of those issues. Look at the KNOWN ISSUES and CURRENT ISSUES tabs.
    Will do with App World before I try it.

When I mentioned purging the cache on my BIS account, the VZW rep responded like I had just asked him to swim the English Channel in women's underwear.
    08-13-11 10:46 AM
    Will do with App World before I try it.

When I mentioned purging the cache on my BIS account, the VZW rep responded like I had just asked him to swim the English Channel in women's underwear.
    Hmmm. My daughter had a similar issue with her Tour last summer (with the phone, not swimming in her underwear) except it was just one email account that kept receiving old messages. The VZW tech said he (I think it was a he -- this was last summer) could clear everything in the server buffer. Whatever was done worked.
    08-13-11 11:04 AM
    Jaydee, i know your around the forums alot, idk if you saw this thread- apparently you & Paul aren't alone with this issue of the emails coming back on their own. there seems to be more people coming up with this issue with no resolution for it

heres the thread in case your interested, theres not much info tho: same emails last three days

maybe you may be able to add to the thread with any info you've obtained as far as the issue goes
    08-13-11 03:03 PM
    Jaydee, i know your around the forums alot, idk if you saw this thread- apparently you & Paul aren't alone with this issue of the emails coming back on their own. there seems to be more people coming up with this issue with no resolution for it

heres the thread in case your interested, theres not much info tho: same emails last three days

maybe you may be able to add to the thread with any info you've obtained as far as the issue goes
    Thank you Pink. I did not see this one, but I did post in another one earlier and so did Paul. What a mess. It seems to be spreading!!!
    08-13-11 03:16 PM
    Thank you Pink. I did not see this one, but I did post in another one earlier and so did Paul. What a mess. It seems to be spreading!!!
    yea, i'm beginning to see a few more of these threads about this issue......i don't understand what it could be. I would've fig'd the steps you went thru of hrt, delete svce books, resend etc wouldve solved the issue.

idk if you tried this yet, but perhaps worth a shot to mention to you if you didn't. log into BIS from your desk/lap top, delete the email acct your having issues with, re-add it & send svc books. ??? idk if that'll change anything either.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-13-11 at 04:11 PM.
    08-13-11 04:09 PM
    Pink, thanks for the idea but I think the VZW guy did something there when I was on the phone with him. He went into my BIS account and asked which ones were re-sending me messages. Oh and then I deleted the service books, but not the account. I will try deleting the account and when I reboot tomorrow am I will know what happens as a result.

Thanks for the idea.
    08-13-11 04:27 PM
    Pink, thanks for the idea but I think the VZW guy did something there when I was on the phone with him. He went into my BIS account and asked which ones were re-sending me messages. Oh and then I deleted the service books, but not the account. I will try deleting the account and when I reboot tomorrow am I will know what happens as a result.

Thanks for the idea.
    alright np, fig'd it was worth a shot to mention it.

ya know what i just thought of---, delete the svc books off your bb first, then go into the BIS acct on the laptop and delete the email acct off there. THEN re-add the email on BIS thru the laptop and send svc books. Maybe that will jog something.....idk.

But if you try it, post back an update on where your at.

sorry to hear your having such trouble with this
    08-13-11 04:37 PM
    alright np, fig'd it was worth a shot to mention it.

ya know what i just thought of---, delete the svc books off your bb first, then go into the BIS acct on the laptop and delete the email acct off there. THEN re-add the email on BIS thru the laptop and send svc books. Maybe that will jog something.....idk.

But if you try it, post back an update on where your at.

sorry to hear your having such trouble with this

I thought about that, too. The problem is that the issue is with her BBM as well. The only way that I know of to delete the BBM account is to have them (VZW or RIM) wipe it. Just deleting BBM from the phone won't delete the account tied to that PIN.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 05:38 PM
    I thought about that, too. The problem is that the issue is with her BBM as well. The only way that I know of to delete the BBM account is to have them (VZW or RIM) wipe it. Just deleting BBM from the phone won't delete the account tied to that PIN.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    yes, 99, I know she has the bbm thing still happening also. BUT I fig'd if Jaydee tries that & it corrects the email issue at least thatll be one issue down & one to solve

Idk much about the bbm at all, but I fig'd just dlting off the bb & re-adding it prob won't solve that issue.

Its almost as if those certain msgs that keep coming thru got 'stuck' in the que. Its really weird that they just won't purge out after Jaydee has del'd them !!

08-13-11 05:57 PM
    yes, 99, I know she has the bbm thing still happening also. BUT I fig'd if Jaydee tries that & it corrects the email issue at least thatll be one issue down & one to solve

Idk much about the bbm at all, but I fig'd just dlting off the bb & re-adding it prob won't solve that issue.

Its almost as if those certain msgs that keep coming thru got 'stuck' in the que. Its really weird that they just won't purge out after Jaydee has del'd them !!

I'm more of the mind that it's a network issue now. I noticed last night (really, it just clicked last night -- I first saw it a week or so back) that my last few reboots have also resulted in old messages coming back to my phone. The difference is that they have all gone directly to the trash. I use the Undelete applet from Fixmo Tools, and I can see the old messages there after I do a battery pull.

For JayDee, are your old messages reappearing as new or unread? If so, then maybe you could check that Email Reconciliation set for each of your accounts. Did something just change, perhaps when you loaded the hybrid? Check this page for info: KB13509-How to reconcile email messages between the messaging server and the BlackBerry smartphone. Note that this link was updated a week ago.
    08-14-11 10:18 AM
    I'm more of the mind that it's a network issue now. I noticed last night (really, it just clicked last night -- I first saw it a week or so back) that my last few reboots have also resulted in old messages coming back to my phone. The difference is that they have all gone directly to the trash. I use the Undelete applet from Fixmo Tools, and I can see the old messages there after I do a battery pull.

For JayDee, are your old messages reappearing as new or unread? If so, then maybe you could check that Email Reconciliation set for each of your accounts. Did something just change, perhaps when you loaded the hybrid? Check this page for info: KB13509-How to reconcile email messages between the messaging server and the BlackBerry smartphone. Note that this link was updated a week ago.
    i've never used this app, BUT perhaps something within the app prevents the msgs from being purged out completely does Jaydee use this or a similar app ? perhaps that could be something to think about as well.

yes, as far as a network thing, i will have to agree with you there. more and more. thats why i did mention about the msgs being 'stuck' in the que and not getting purged out after a delete. but its strange how its only from one contact.....it really is baffling !!
    08-14-11 11:52 AM
23,186 ... 645646647648649 ...