Thanks Hamster!!!
    I am going to try loading up a few movies and see what happens!
    I'll keep you posted! I appreciate the tip!
    08-10-11 07:59 PM
    So like no one has an idea to fix my bbm?
    Really?
    Come on guys. Someone must have an idea.

It's driving me crazy!!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-11-11 at 07:59 AM.
    08-11-11 07:33 AM
    Hi Ramblers, sorry it has been so long since I have visited. I very rarely get on my computer these days.

I have a question...I have a 4 GB memory card that I would like to put in my phone, however, how do I move all the stuff I have on my 2 gig off then back on to the 4?

Is it even possible? I would hate to lose all my skins and ringtones.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Drea (Bella, Essex)
    08-11-11 12:43 PM
    So like no one has an idea to fix my bbm?
    Really?
    Come on guys. Someone must have an idea.

It's driving me crazy!!!!
    Why would it be bad to clear the BBM database? I would think that if you clear the DB and reboot, then your contact list should repopulate from a backup. You ARE backing up your BBM contacts, right?
    08-11-11 12:54 PM
    Hi Ramblers, sorry it has been so long since I have visited. I very rarely get on my computer these days.

I have a question...I have a 4 GB memory card that I would like to put in my phone, however, how do I move all the stuff I have on my 2 gig off then back on to the 4?

Is it even possible? I would hate to lose all my skins and ringtones.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Drea (Bella, Essex)
    Hi Essex!
    How have you been? Long time no see!
    Inorder to switch cards, you are going to have to plug your phone into the computer. Make a new folder on your desktop and call it whatever you'd like. Then open up My Computer/ and navigate to the icon for your phone. Open that icon and highlight EVERYTHING there in that window and go to EDIT/COPY. Then go to the folder you created on your desktop and do an EDIT/Paste.

That will copy everything into a folder on your hard drive. Take out the old card and put in the new one.You might want to format it in the phone first. I will have someone post these instructions next.

Once the larger card is in your phone, connect it the same way to your computer and do an EDIT/COPY and EDIT/PASTE into the new card. Or you can drag the contents over.

Either way, you are making a copy of the two GB card on the desktop, putting your junk in it, popping in the new card and dragging your junk into it. See what I am saying?
    Bella.Berry likes this.
    08-11-11 01:00 PM
    Why would it be bad to clear the BBM database? I would think that if you clear the DB and reboot, then your contact list should repopulate from a backup. You ARE backing up your BBM contacts, right?
    Well yes, I have a backup of my contacts but if I clear the database and then my contacts don't restore, I will scream!
    I have terrible luck with BBM....
    08-11-11 01:02 PM
    Well yes, I have a backup of my contacts but if I clear the database and then my contacts don't restore, I will scream!
    I have terrible luck with BBM....
    As long as you have a good backup of your contacts, you should be fine. I'd backup with DM first, though. It never hurts to be prepared in case you have to restore all of BBM.

BTW, It's probably overkill, but I backup my BBM contacts to my SD card AND remotely. Then there's no question if the backup will survive.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-11-11 01:14 PM
    Well, I deleted the BBM database. Restored my contact list with no trouble and when I rebooted...there were all 3 messages AGAIN!!!!i

Dammit. How to make them go away????

PS I just realized that several EMAIL MESSAGES reappear as well.
    Does this sound like a call VZW thing or a reformat my phone thing to you? This question is open to anyone.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-11-11 at 01:41 PM.
    08-11-11 01:37 PM
    Well, I deleted the BBM database. Restored my contact list with no trouble and when I rebooted...there were all 3 messages AGAIN!!!!i

Dammit. How to make them go away????

PS I just realized that several EMAIL MESSAGES reappear as well.
    Does this sound like a call VZW thing or a reformat my phone thing to you? This question is open to anyone.
    Thanks!
    I'm not sure if it's a reformat issue. Delete the messages again, then secure your radios (yes, both). Then reboot. If they come back with the CDMA and WiFi radios secured, then the problem is on your phone and should probably be reloaded. If they don't come back until you energize the radios, then your issue is in the network. You'll need to call Big Red and have them clear the system cache for your account. Call the advanced tech guys, not the normal CSR. 866.406.5154.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-11-11 01:46 PM
    OK, I just figured out you mean to turn off all the radios. I did that just now and rebooted. Or it is right now. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

EDIT:
    OK, I turned off both radios and when I rebooted the radios were off and neither the bbm message NOR the email stuff came in. So I enabled both radios and as soon as I did, the bbm messages came back! And so did the email....
    Sonofawhore. I am calling them right now! Thanks Underway!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-11-11 at 02:08 PM.
    08-11-11 01:58 PM
    OK, I just figured out you mean to turn off all the radios. I did that just now and rebooted. Or it is right now. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

EDIT:
    OK, I turned off both radios and when I rebooted the radios were off and neither the bbm message NOR the email stuff came in. So I enabled both radios and as soon as I did, the bbm messages came back! And so did the email....
    Sonofawhore. I am calling them right now! Thanks Underway!
    It might be as simple as resending service books. Good luck.
    08-11-11 02:10 PM
    VZW online with me right now:
    re-reg HRT and a batt pull; then deleted service books, rebooted...

And it worked!!! Yay!!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-11-11 at 02:54 PM.
    08-11-11 02:39 PM
    Often we forget just how many issues can be fixed by deleting and resending service books.
    08-11-11 02:59 PM
    Often we forget just how many issues can be fixed by deleting and resending service books.
    But how do service books get "resent"?
    The Tech said I'm sending them to you. Does he or do they populate your phone anyway????
    08-11-11 09:09 PM
    But how do service books get "resent"?
    The Tech said I'm sending them to you. Does he or do they populate your phone anyway????
    If you delete your service books, they'll get resent when you energize your radios. You can also order them directly from your phone by opening SETUP, then EMAIL ACCOUNT, then hit INTERNET MAIL ACCOUNT. Open the menu, then SERVICE BOOKS. Click on SEND SERVICE BOOKS.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-11-11 at 09:22 PM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    08-11-11 09:15 PM
    Oh ok. Thanks Underway. I have actually done that before. I guess I was confused because I thought you couldn't DELETE them and then get them again on your own...lol. I figured once you had them you could send new ones to replace the old but never thought you could delete them altogether and get them again. lol.

Another reason why they say carrying a smartphone does not make you a smart person. LMAO!!!!!

Thanks for answering my questions!!!
    08-11-11 09:26 PM
    Oh ok. Thanks Underway.

Thanks for answering my questions!!!
    Shhh! This is a social thread. Don't let it get out that we actually help each other here!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-11-11 09:31 PM
    Where are:
    Pink?
    Bob?
    Dr Prince?
    MiddBrew?
    Moonlessnight?
    Mr. Weller?
    Runkle?
    etc?

I'm gonna put an APB out on all of them!!!
    08-11-11 09:40 PM
    Guess what Underway? After another reboot...they're BBBBBAAAAACCCCKKKK
    Yup my messages and emails from Sunday are back on my phone.
    Hmmmmmm
    So I will be calling back when I have a few hours to spend on the phone....
    08-11-11 10:01 PM
    Still around Jaydee. Waiting for an official announcement on the 9930 for Verizon. You may recall I am still with Alltel. Got an "official" word from an Alltel outlet employee that Verizon training has started and everything switches over near the end of September. I have also been playing around with my Nook Color. Put Gingerbread on an sd card so I can use it as a true android tablet but keep the stock os in place. Hope you have a great weekend!
    08-11-11 10:13 PM
    Guess what Underway? After another reboot...they're BBBBBAAAAACCCCKKKK
    Yup my messages and emails from Sunday are back on my phone.
    Hmmmmmm
    So I will be calling back when I have a few hours to spend on the phone....
    Noooooo!

It sounds like the messages are being pushed from RIM but the receipt acknowledgements aren't clearing the buffer in the RIM servers. I'm confident that they'll have to purge your messages from the system.

You might be able to reset your account yourself if you log into your BIS account from a computer. I've not tried that, though. The advanced tech guys should be able to do it for you.
    Last edited by Underway99; 08-11-11 at 11:04 PM.
    08-11-11 11:00 PM
    Morning everyone...busy making bw sets
    How is everyone....
    I so want the new 99whatever its called but alas will have to wait a whole another year for my contract to be up I'm happy with the 9650 of course, so just hoping I can hold out, and then like Jaydee...themes will be available.

Jaydee...dunno what is going on with your phone. It really does have bad juju. Fok.
    Wish I could help
    08-12-11 07:02 AM
    Hey I got something whacky going on with BBM. Which of you geniuses can help me? And I mean it! It will take a genius.

Everytime I do a battery pull or a schedule reboot, my bbm brings up three old messages from two different people. They make my BeBuzz go off like they are brand new message and come in with the current time but they are from , like last Sunday!

What gives? I have closed out of the convos. So today I CLEARED the convo...any different? I won't know till I do another batt pull or reboot tomorrow am.....

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Will I have to clear the bbm database in DM? Oh god, I hope not!

Help!
    I've had one message come in randomly about 20 times now. The original message was from last Saturday morning.
    08-12-11 07:26 AM
    Shhh! This is a social thread. Don't let it get out that we actually help each other here!
    Yeah, that's why we got booted into rehab in the first place, too much technical help and not enough socializing. Dumases

sorry JayDee, you'll get no help on your BBM issue, but if you put up a screenie we'll all "ooooh" and "aaahh" like good little drones.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    08-12-11 07:32 AM
    Yeah, that's why we got booted into rehab in the first place, too much technical help and not enough socializing. Dumases

sorry JayDee, you'll get no help on your BBM issue, but if you put up a screenie we'll all "ooooh" and "aaahh" like good little drones.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
    It must be the network anyway if several people have it. I am posting in a thread (where my posts count!!!!!) about the situation!!!
    08-12-11 08:13 AM
23,186 ... 644645646647648 ...