Good Morning Vietnam !! I mean Ramblers. Which new BB is everybody looking at ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-08-11 08:11 AM

Bold 9930 as a possibility
    08-08-11 08:14 AM
    Same for me. When my contract is up and themes are out for OS7, the 9930 might be for me. If not, I'm sticking with my 9650!
    08-08-11 08:17 AM

I'm torn between the 9930 and the 9850. If the guts are the same, I might just try the all-touch 9850 first. I like the idea of the substantially bigger screen.
    08-08-11 10:51 AM
    Paul, you going to lose your "smokin'" data plan if you upgrade to a 9930?
    I spent my NE2 on my current device which I am very happy with. I would have gone for the 9930 at full retail (maybe), but it's actually lacking somethings I've gotten to like, such as the mobile hotspot feature. (I hear it's not included). I'm more interested in getting a QNX if I come back around to BB. So, I'll enjoy where I'm at and look at those options as they become available. Also, 4G/LTE should be in the mix on any other device I consider spending my hard earned bucks on.
    9930 just looks to much like the old os6 for me to get that excited about it.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-08-11 at 12:25 PM.
    08-08-11 12:21 PM

hey everyone !!

as far as new bbOS7's go - I'm still stuck on "idk island" on what i'd like to do....move onto an iPhone or stay bb. I havent' even taken any time to glance at the new bb's coming out, other that just seeing the pix splashed on the front page as i'm clicking the "forums" tab lol. TG no ones holding a gun to my head forcing me to decide cuz then i'd be up ****es creek without a paddle !! LOL

the other option i did consider - just keep my bb & enjoy my themes etc. but continue to use the hubby's iP4 when he's not and have the best of both worlds i'm thinking this will be my route to go until my actual upgrade is avail and when that time comes i'll decide. by then the iP5 will be out. my plan of using my other daughter's upgrade in Nov doesnt look like it'll be a go cuz her ph has been acting up so she'll need to use it

SOOOOOO....thats where i'm at on all this

man, oh man, it is scortching hot out today too !! the humidity is a killer
    08-08-11 12:50 PM
    I'm torn between the 9930 and the 9850. If the guts are the same, I might just try the all-touch 9850 first. I like the idea of the substantially bigger screen.
    99, just a heads up, idk what kind of touch screen the 9850 will have, BUT i had an S2 and what a MAJOR PITA just to do basic tasks that we take for granted using a keypad and trackpad to control the copy/paste areas. the larger screen was a plus though, and by all means i'm not trying to steer you one way or another of course. You may do well with the all touch.

I couldn't deal with the S2's touch screen, but the iP4 i have no problems with. Needless to say how finichy and bitchy the OS was on the S2
    08-08-11 12:59 PM
    Paul, you going to lose your "smokin'" data plan if you upgrade to a 9930?
    Yes, I will. but this 9650 isn't going to last forever, so it'll end at some point anyway. I'm not jumping on 9930 when it's first released anyway. I'll let the price drop a bit before I bite.
    08-08-11 01:03 PM
    [B]99, just a heads up, idk what kind of touch screen the 9850 will have, BUT i had an S2 and what a MAJOR PITA just to do basic tasks that we take for granted using a keypad and trackpad to control the copy/paste areas. the larger screen was a plus though, and by all means i'm not trying to steer you one way or another of course. You may do well with the all touch.

Pink, funny you should mention the touch screen. I don't think I would do well with one as my only device. My gf has a torch and she is a clueless user. So I am very frequently handling her phone to help her out. I can't tell you how many swear words Ive used on her torch. I dunno, but I think i'd have to cut my nails to use it. And that's a no go!!!

PS Sitting on my deck (with the awning) waiting for the thunderstorm to roll in. This humidity is not being nice to my hair! LOL
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-08-11 at 01:40 PM.
    08-08-11 01:37 PM
    99, just a heads up, idk what kind of touch screen the 9850 will have, BUT i had an S2 and what a MAJOR PITA just to do basic tasks that we take for granted using a keypad and trackpad to control the copy/paste areas. the larger screen was a plus though, and by all means i'm not trying to steer you one way or another of course. You may do well with the all touch.

I couldn't deal with the S2's touch screen, but the iP4 i have no problems with. Needless to say how finichy and bitchy the OS was on the S2
    Storm2 was a total piece of sh!t. The one thing 9850 has going for it is it has a real touchscreen. With any luck RIM figured out how to write a decent OS for it. But, at least the stupid SurePress clicky-screen is gone!
    08-08-11 01:43 PM
    Pink, funny you should mention the touch screen. I don't think I would do well with one as my only device. My gf has a torch and she is a clueless user. So I am very frequently handling her phone to help her out. I can't tell you how many swear words Ive used on her torch. I dunno, but I think i'd have to cut my nails to use it. And that's a no go!!!

PS Sitting on my deck (with the awning) waiting for the thunderstorm to roll in. This humidity is not being nice to my hair! LOL
    ya, you prob would need just a little trimmin on the claws LOL I had to clip mine just to use the POS S2 although I don't keep mine long at all, they just hoover over the tip of my finger - I can't function otherwise if they are any longer. And even with that it was a PITA to use the "sure click". Sure click my @$$.......

Paul summed it up perfectly--it was a POS PITA to use!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 04:16 PM

Storm2 was a total piece of sh!t. The one thing 9850 has going for it is it has a real touchscreen. With any luck RIM figured out how to write a decent OS for it. But, at least the stupid SurePress clicky-screen is gone!
    Thanks all. I was not a fan of the touchscreen either. I tried a Storm. I had it for about a week. My iPad, however, has an absolutely beautiful touchscreen experience. As I understand it, the iPhone4 is the same. If the 9850 touchscreen is on par with the Apple stuff, then I might give it a go.
    08-08-11 07:44 PM
    Thanks all. I was not a fan of the touchscreen either. I tried a Storm. I had it for about a week. My iPad, however, has an absolutely beautiful touchscreen experience. As I understand it, the iPhone4 is the same. If the 9850 touchscreen is on par with the Apple stuff, then I might give it a go.
    I agree with you- using my iPad touchscreen is dead on ballz accurate, and yes the iP4 is the same exact way
    IF the new 9850 touch screen does mimic Apples ways, I think that will be a major plus for RIM especially after all the negative feedback Storm & S2 rec'd. Rim needs those kind of points in their court for an all touch screen device to redeem themselves from the Storm(s) mess, along with it-hopefully a decent OS to boot

With that, I *may* be tempted to check out the all touch bb & see what its like compaired to the iPhone, because at this point I'm unsure which direction I want to head in now.

08-09-11 08:15 AM
    I agree with you- using my iPad touchscreen is dead on ballz accurate, and yes the iP4 is the same exact way
    IF the new 9850 touch screen does mimic Apples ways, I think that will be a major plus for RIM especially after all the negative feedback Storm & S2 rec'd. Rim needs those kind of points in their court for an all touch screen device to redeem themselves from the Storm(s) mess, along with it-hopefully a decent OS to boot

With that, I *may* be tempted to check out the all touch bb & see what its like compaired to the iPhone, because at this point I'm unsure which direction I want to head in now.

So the 9850 is a CDMA device on VZW? When is it rumored to arrive as opposed to the Aug 25th arrival of the 9930?
    08-09-11 08:31 AM
    So the 9850 is a CDMA device on VZW? When is it rumored to arrive as opposed to the Aug 25th arrival of the 9930?
    There was a picture of a VZW branded 9850 in the CB blogs recently.

http://crackberry.com/new-photos-bla...rizon-branding
    08-09-11 08:33 AM
    I was surprised to read this thread this morning about Bold Touch

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...memory-636638/
    08-10-11 07:43 AM
    i partially breezed thru that also Paul, and was shocked as well.......188 ?!?! like really ?!?!?!

right now i have 271mb avail, plus i have 33(?) themes & one crossword game installed taking up room as well as a few other apps (beweather,bebuzz, batex,zonasnap,font collection,mobile recovery,QL & a few others). Yes i did shrink & ring out every bit of garbage off the OS possible, but even if i didn't, prior to shrink i had something like 230ish avail. I can't understand the 188.......i didnt read through the whole thread either so i may have missed some info i'm sure
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 08-10-11 at 08:40 AM.
    08-10-11 08:29 AM
    I was surprised to read this thread this morning about Bold Touch

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...memory-636638/

This is crazy! I delete my entire OS just to have some room or extra memory. Not a good sign for our next phone. I may stand pat with my trusty 9650...

08-10-11 08:59 AM
    Well, everybody is going all ape-**** over the DISCOVERY of low memory available on the 9900...
    The thread in the General Discussion area is exploding. HAHA and some guy said that there are no memory leaks anymore since the Storm. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why don't people relax? No one who has one of these phones has complained yet...
    08-10-11 12:48 PM
    HAHA and some guy said that there are no memory leaks anymore since the Storm. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Who said that bull****es
    08-10-11 01:16 PM
    Hey I got something whacky going on with BBM. Which of you geniuses can help me? And I mean it! It will take a genius.

Everytime I do a battery pull or a schedule reboot, my bbm brings up three old messages from two different people. They make my BeBuzz go off like they are brand new message and come in with the current time but they are from , like last Sunday!

What gives? I have closed out of the convos. So today I CLEARED the convo...any different? I won't know till I do another batt pull or reboot tomorrow am.....

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Will I have to clear the bbm database in DM? Oh god, I hope not!

Help!
    08-10-11 03:05 PM
    Another question:
    For the Nook users out there.

Is there anyway I can copy a dvd to watch on my nook? I mean rip a dvd or even copy an avi file (converting it first to some Nook readable form) or some other video file. Is there a player I can download etc. I have never investigated purchasing an app like a player for it. Or is this only possible if I "Banana Bread-ize" it?

Hamster? Underway? Midd? Any ideas?
    08-10-11 03:27 PM
    WAHOO!!!!!!! I finally got my Wi-Fi working on my phone. My wireless router has been having issues. My friend at work recommended a friend that does pc work. Called him.....and he was out this afternoon and installed a new wireless router and helped me set up the Wi-Fi on my phone!!!!
    08-10-11 05:39 PM
    Another question:

Is there anyway I can copy a dvd to watch on my nook? I mean rip a dvd or even copy an avi file (converting it first to some Nook readable form) or some other video file. Is there a player I can download etc. I have never investigated purchasing an app like a player for it. Or is this only possible if I "Banana Bread-ize" it?

That's been on my list, but I've not got to that one yet.
    08-10-11 05:45 PM
    Another question:

Yes you can...as long as the you convert the file to mp4 you are good to go.
    Rip the dvd and convert it...there are many programs out there that will do it. As for how complicated that is I've never tried it. I get my mp4 movies from here on CB - some are not the greatest copies, but they do play well...

Movies

Other wise, there is a tons of information here : Nook Color
    08-10-11 06:04 PM
23,186 ... 643644645646647 ...