My trackpad looks purple in the sunlight! Anyone else notice this?
    07-22-11 11:03 AM
    My trackpad looks purple in the sunlight! Anyone else notice this?
    Mine too. My trackpad is also just a bit crooked. Do you think it's a design issue or just poor quality control?
    07-22-11 12:08 PM
    Mine too. My trackpad is also just a bit crooked. Do you think it's a design issue or just poor quality control?
    I think it's quality control, because now my trackpad is peeling!!!! Anyone else having problems with the camera rebooting their Bold??
    07-22-11 12:16 PM
    yes my TP is purple in the sunlight, has already peeled away the top layer completely, and NO, no rebooting using the camera, although I'm still 2 os's behind you-im still on 431 & my bb rruns gooooood so I refuse to upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 12:22 PM
    My trackpad was also purple in the sun but only in the afternoon between 3 and 6pm. It was so annoying I called verizon to complain and was told they all do that. I said ok, but what about this peeling issue? They said keep it out of the sun. I couldn't take the purple anymore so I had to get rid of it and got a C771. Lucky for me it's water proof cause when I couldn't find it the other day I used my GF's phone to call it and she said what's that light at the bottom of the pool? Ah , my C771. Thank you. Must have slipped out.
    At least no purple trackpad or peeling. Hmmm, no trackpad at all
    07-22-11 12:24 PM
    yes my TP is purple in the sunlight, has already peeled away the top layer completely, and NO, no rebooting using the camera, although I'm still 2 os's behind you-im still on 431 & my bb rruns gooooood so I refuse to upgrade

Do you know when the next OS will be released? And will it be OS7??
    07-22-11 12:26 PM
    Do you know when the next OS will be released? And will it be OS7??
    I heard it will be 6.1
    07-22-11 12:30 PM
    How do I remove these stupid trays???
    07-22-11 12:35 PM
    Pull the battery and toss it (the phone) over your left shoulder while standing in an outdoor shower under a full moon. No more stupid trays.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-22-11 01:01 PM
    Pull the battery and toss it (the phone) over your left shoulder while standing in an outdoor shower under a full moon. No more stupid trays.
    Thanks, man! I nominate this for CrackBerry Tip of the Week!

Do you know if we'll ever see themes for OS6? I'm a huge theme guy!!!
    07-22-11 01:16 PM
    themes for os6, well possibly when when the moon is blue, full and it lands on the 10th day of the 13th mth you can expect to see os6 themes

Hope this helps you

07-22-11 01:28 PM
    oooooooooohhhh!!! So that's how ya get rid of 'em!!!

07-22-11 01:30 PM
    Hey Midd! Jaydee and I here for the long haul...don't you worry about themes my friend
    Ok, so how do I root the Nook? I need detail instructions, please!!!!
    Are you going to root it to Banana Bread already? I thought you said you were leaving it alone?????

I'm standing pat on my NC. I will upgrade my bb and even do a hybrid but I think Im leaving that alone....till later when I'm bored and want to try something else.

Can you still use it as a reader? The same way?
    07-22-11 07:00 PM
    Oh yes, Mr Theme guy needs something flashy cause he's so flashy!
    Sorry PC couldn't resist. Mr. I-have-the-VZW-wallpaper-on-my-phone....
    you crack me up!!!
    07-22-11 07:01 PM
    Yeah, that NC is something, isn't it? Were you able to find one with the green dot?
    No I didn't. I got on with a blue dot. However, I did find how you can reformat the partition so it will not be limited by the 1gb. I have had it almost two days now and have tried four ROMs not including the stock one.

Ok, so how do I root the Nook? I need detail instructions, please!!!!
    I will send you a write up this weekend with what I've found with the different ROMs and how to install them. It is really easy. I think I can write the instructions better than the ones I found so far so it will be easy to understand.
    07-23-11 12:06 AM
    No I didn't. I got on with a blue dot. However, I did find how you can reformat the partition so it will not be limited by the 1gb. I have had it almost two days now and have tried four ROMs not including the stock one.
    I missed that one. Where did you find that? I'm buying more of them for my other three kids. And maybe one for me to futz with. Also, which OS did you finally decide to keep?
    Last edited by Underway99; 07-23-11 at 02:24 AM.
    07-23-11 01:56 AM
    I missed that one. Where did you find that? I'm buying more of them for my other three kids. And maybe one for me to futz with. Also, which OS did you finally decide to keep?
    I'll pm you the link.
    07-23-11 03:43 AM
    I'll pm you the link.
    Thanks.

I'm thinking about using just a stock root and then overclocking. My son keeps trying to use or download and use utilities that use the telephone components on his Gingerbread/CM7 NC. It routinely locks up his NC. I would like to find a stable HC port, since HC is tablet-specific. No telephone components installed on that one.
    07-23-11 03:54 AM
    Are you going to root it to Banana Bread already? I thought you said you were leaving it alone?????

I'm standing pat on my NC. I will upgrade my bb and even do a hybrid but I think Im leaving that alone....till later when I'm bored and want to try something else.

Can you still use it as a reader? The same way?
    Well I do love Banana Bread Seriously, tho I don't now if I'm going to do it or not. It runs fine for me right now, BUT I do want the option of knowing how to do it so that I can do it if I get the urge. Since there is no new OS to upgrade my BB, I have to mess with something, lol!

I will send you a write up this weekend with what I've found with the different ROMs and how to install them. It is really easy. I think I can write the instructions better than the ones I found so far so it will be easy to understand.
    Oh that would be cool Midd! Thanks a bunch...
    Oh and btw...about those icons I was telling you about? I figured out a way

Morning Ramblers! Hottest day on record on tap for today...
    Stay cool!
    07-23-11 06:31 AM
    When someone has a chance, could you answer my question about the NC? I want to know if after you do whatever you do to it, does it operate the same as my Nook now, or does it start up and operate like a tablet pc? Can you find all your downloaded books and mag subscriptions? Does it operate with tapping on the screen to change pages, etc? Just wondering if I even want to consider doing anything to it. Thanks!!!
    07-23-11 09:13 AM
    When someone has a chance, could you answer my question about the NC? I want to know if after you do whatever you do to it, does it operate the same as my Nook now, or does it start up and operate like a tablet pc? Can you find all your downloaded books and mag subscriptions? Does it operate with tapping on the screen to change pages, etc? Just wondering if I even want to consider doing anything to it. Thanks!!!
    It will start up as a tablet. You can still use the the B&N reader. All the stuff you have on it that you downloaded from B&N will be available, I just did my wife's yesterday as soon as she logged in to her account it showed her books, but I think she had to redownload them.Yes, you can tap the page to turn it when using the B&N reader app. I do prefer to use FBReader because it will read a lot of different types of ebooks.

If you are just wanting to use it strictly as a reader with a few other functions (e.g., web browsing) then I would suggest not changing the ROM. As an alternative you can to a partial root and overclock it so the NC will run faster. For me I like to have my as a poor man's playbook or ipad. I do have a number of book on it and really like reading them with it, but that's not the only thing I do so that's why I rooted it. It gives you the ability to have access the full android market with all their app and not restrict you too the B&N apps.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-23-11 10:55 AM
    Midd,
    I appreciate your reply. I think I might hold off doing this process as right now I simply use it as a reader and I kinda like the way it is. If it had it's own connection to the internet no matter where I was, like my phone using 3G, then I might do that. At home and at work I have too many computers that are "mine" that I use, so it's really not necessary right now to have a tablet.So i think....I will weigh that with what you said.

Don't lose those instructions, ok? I might change my mind at some point. (Like that's never happened before!!!!!) HAHAHAHA

Thank you for the info and prompt reply!!!!
    07-23-11 11:06 AM
    Hi Ramblers,
    Good to be back after some family time in my old home town in Iowa. Catching up on the posts and see a few new nook color owners. I also picked one up in Iowa. Hey Midd and 99, I have tried a couple roots as well, but did not have much luck. Used CM7 and also put honeycomb on a bootable sd card. Anxious to see your write up Midd. Nice to know there is a good reset option to bring the nook back to 1.2 when things don't work out. Midd, would you mind posting the partition instructions too? Have a restful weekend everybody.
    07-23-11 09:52 PM
    OK Ramblers! Good Sunday Morning!

I have a question for you. Hamster and I are having a problem with Zona Snap and PhotoBucket...which is nothing new. BUT...I figured out what to do for myself: I have the confirmation sent to my handset email. My question...how did I set that up in the first place?
    You know my [email protected] email... How did I set that up?
    At BIS or in setup wizard?I'm stuck....
    07-24-11 08:57 AM
    Also do I have to log in each time I use Tapatalk? Wait, I KNOW I do right now. Anyway to streamline that process???

I hate having to do that each time.

EDIT: I mean to CB on Tapatalk....I have to log in there each time?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-24-11 at 09:43 AM.
    07-24-11 09:14 AM
23,186 ... 637638639640641 ...