So till you move to the iphone Pink, are you still using a PHONE?
    or just using the iphone your kids have? You should stay on your bb for a while longer and post with us!
    07-21-11 09:39 AM
    oh yea, I'm still using my bb I wouldn't go w/out a phone, lol. I'd feel 'outta reach'.

I actually did just post a ss in the 9650 thread lol. Boy that felt WEIRD! Haven't done that in ages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 09:44 AM
    If you need something to occupy your time Pink, visit the theme fairy. She'll help you out.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    07-21-11 10:02 AM
    HELLO to everyone i got Jaydees email this morn when i turned my bb on and yes you'll hear from me every now and then. I know a couple of you that have my email, if your missing me you can always email me I'm planning on moving to the iPhone soon, just not sure could be anywhere betwn August & Nov.

Hope everyone is doing well, i've been very occupied with enjoying the summer and not having a bb or laptop in my face LOL. Even my kids have noticed!

So Hamster, rumor has it your making bw sets now! I snuck in and saw your sets posted, very nice I dwld the "Retro" set you made, looks very cute! I actually sat down on usb with my bb on Tues and took off 67 bw sets that i don't use or even know what they look like, lol. And i deleted 30 batex's as well, leaving me at 450-something! I have so many i barely even use. I usually dont change my theme for 3-4 days now, as well as wp & batex icons.

OMG! It's Pink! Hiya GF!!! Glad you popped in and are enjoying your time "away" lol. Iphone eh? Well enjoy it and don't forget us...

Yes, am making BW sets! It's fun, but I can see the novelty dying down eventually. I have to do that with BW sets - I too have so many I don't use at all and haven't clue what they are

Stick around for awhile, PInk...We need you here
    07-21-11 10:10 AM
    I'm planning on moving to the iPhone soon, just not sure could be anywhere betwn August & Nov.
    iphone?????

07-21-11 10:13 AM
    If you need something to occupy your time Pink, visit the theme fairy. She'll help you out.
    perhaps i do "need" a visit from the theme fairy. I'll have to make a wish and blow it away & see what happens

I did cruise the theme forum earlier when i was on and saw "Cheshire" - that looks pretty nice so i'm considering getting it, but OUCH!! $5.99$ .

Sadly, the latest theme, Morph, do not behave well with my berry I had no choice but to delete it. it caused a conflict with my batex not working properly and on 2 seperate occassions only when running Morph, on reboot, it twice deleted 2 of my rt profiles IDK why, but it was only with that theme.So its something wonky with my bb i guess

OMG! It's Pink! Hiya GF!!! Glad you popped in and are enjoying your time "away" lol. Iphone eh? Well enjoy it and don't forget us...

Yes, am making BW sets! It's fun, but I can see the novelty dying down eventually. I have to do that with BW sets - I too have so many I don't use at all and haven't clue what they are

Stick around for awhile, PInk...We need you here
    Hi hun!! I know, the bw can be fun to make, but the novelty wore off for me already, lol. Its alot of work getting the icons and time consuming just to make one set I refuse to tie myself to the laptop for 2hrs on end anymore. theres soooo much more to life to enjoy & my kids were at me constantly for always being 'occupied' with the laptop, so i need to make a change

maybe i'll stick around here and there for a bit while waiting on the transition to the iPhone

iphone?????

LMFAOOOOOO!!!!

hiya Paul
    07-21-11 10:47 AM
    hiya Paul
    Howdy, Pink

I was thinking about a platform change too, but after some of the security issues that have surfaced recently, I may just get Bold 9930.
    07-21-11 10:49 AM
    Howdy, Pink

I was thinking about a platform change too, but after some of the security issues that have surfaced recently, I may just get Bold 9930.
    yes I know what you mean-ie. Jailbreak on iPhone exploits the pdf files, actually not just the jb, there one of the iOS' that i think if i rem correctly was an issue too, they've issues a 'patch' for it, BUT honestly I prob won't jb the iPhone-im not that worried about changin icons&themes on it. As long as I have my wps to play with I'll be happy enough with that

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 07-21-11 at 11:09 AM.
    07-21-11 10:56 AM
    Hey everybody, thought I heard my name mentioned. I see Paul is posting screenies? WoW! What next? snark lite? I did chat with Bob a while back via email and he's fine and busy doing the Bob thing like golf, golfing and he's also playing some golf.
    Have not heard from Dr. Prince. The old thread is not quite the same without all the old regulars. Still the biggest,longest thread on CB tho , right?
    I am awaiting the release of the 9930 as much as anyone, however, my situation is changed in that I'd be paying full price for it, so I guess it would have to wow me quite a bit to want to do that. My current device which I won't mention since it annoys the Queen has a very nice screen size at 3.8". It will def be hard to drop back down in size, so that's another consideration for me to weigh. I must say the only thing I miss is the real keyboard. Other than that it's all been a positive experience. Having flash is nice and also I've been getting addicted to the hot spot feature. I wonder if the 9930 would have that? It is sweet and so far worth the extra $. I'm giving my bold to my bro's GF as she needs it and I'll never be able to go back to it now. I love BB, so not knocking it at all, just diff stuff out there to try out. And Pink is going ios? Now that's different. Best of luck tho Pink. It's all about what works for you.
    Now my big news is I might be moving to Oregon. The Bend area to be precise. I've been a desert dweller way to long and the pollution here, heat, crowds, etc are really getting to me. My personal goal is to try to not spend another summer here. I mean when they warn you of excessive heat and ozone pollution for days in a row and that everyone should just stay indoors to be safe from it, well it's time to just say kbye. I'm eager to swap my oven mitts for a nice pair of leather driving gloves.
    So, I'm hangin' in some of those other forums and I will tell you flat out there is no more friendlier, helpful forum that what's right here on CB and really right here in the "rambler" thread.
    Ciao
    07-21-11 11:35 AM
    Hey everybody, thought I heard my name mentioned. I see Paul is posting screenies? WoW! What next? snark lite? I did chat with Bob a while back via email and he's fine and busy doing the Bob thing like golf, golfing and he's also playing some golf.
    Have not heard from Dr. Prince. The old thread is not quite the same without all the old regulars. Still the biggest,longest thread on CB tho , right?
    I am awaiting the release of the 9930 as much as anyone, however, my situation is changed in that I'd be paying full price for it, so I guess it would have to wow me quite a bit to want to do that. My current device which I won't mention since it annoys the Queen has a very nice screen size at 3.8". It will def be hard to drop back down in size, so that's another consideration for me to weigh. I must say the only thing I miss is the real keyboard. Other than that it's all been a positive experience. Having flash is nice and also I've been getting addicted to the hot spot feature. I wonder if the 9930 would have that? It is sweet and so far worth the extra $. I'm giving my bold to my bro's GF as she needs it and I'll never be able to go back to it now. I love BB, so not knocking it at all, just diff stuff out there to try out. And Pink is going ios? Now that's different. Best of luck tho Pink. It's all about what works for you.
    Now my big news is I might be moving to Oregon. The Bend area to be precise. I've been a desert dweller way to long and the pollution here, heat, crowds, etc are really getting to me. My personal goal is to try to not spend another summer here. I mean when they warn you of excessive heat and ozone pollution for days in a row and that everyone should just stay indoors to be safe from it, well it's time to just say kbye. I'm eager to swap my oven mitts for a nice pair of leather driving gloves.
    So, I'm hangin' in some of those other forums and I will tell you flat out there is no more friendlier, helpful forum that what's right here on CB and really right here in the "rambler" thread.
    Ciao
    hi jim! Glad to hear your doing well aside from the atmosphere air qual issues, that's unfortunate either way, I hope your move goes smoothly for you & best of luck

And yes, I've pretty much decided 98% to go iOS. I'm looking forward to the move I use the hubbys iPhone A LOT now & love the thing lol. Glad to hear your enjoying your droid.

I've been hanging/lurking at some of those 'other' forums as well too, lol. Just gathering info & processing it while the wheels in my brain turn

07-21-11 02:41 PM
    hi jim!
    And yes, I've pretty much decided 98% to go iOS. I'm looking forward to the move I use the hubbys iPhone A LOT now & love the thing lol.
    Hi Pink, A convincing argument for switching platforms^ You "love the thing".
    Aside from a faster processor which I already am enjoying the 9930 is not even looking that exciting. Never thought I'd say that, but......I may wait for the next BB RIM has to offer. From what I've seen of os7 it looks an awful lot like os6.
    07-21-11 07:09 PM
    Ok take a pot shot at the Queen. I probably deserve it for teasing you Jim about being bored. But let me get something straight for everyone here. I don't care if any of you decide to use an LG ENV3 as your phone. I only care about being able to communicate with my friends and losing them. And to me. As ppl get diff phones, I lose a friend. And that is the only reason I say no drooid or apple talk here. Oh we can say we will sms or use whatsapp or whatever but honestly, a new phone means diff friends for you and I'm left behind. That's the only reason I tease you all about not switching phones. Just in case you did not know...but I think you already did.

PS Hope you find a nice place outside of AZ to live, Jim. Can't stand this heat for one day, much less all the time and then fires etc on top of it. Must make it unbearable. Hope you find a good spot that is much nicer!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-21-11 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added wishes to Jim
    07-21-11 08:58 PM
    Ok take a pot shot at the Queen. I probably deserve it for teasing you Jim about being bored. But let me get something straight for everyone here. I don't care if any of you decide to use an LG ENV3 as your phone. I only care about being able to communicate with my friends and losing them. And to me. As ppl get diff phones, I lose a friend. And that is the only reason I say no drooid or apple talk here. Oh we can say we will sms or use whatsapp or whatever but honestly, a new phone means diff friends for you and I'm left behind. That's the only reason I tease you all about not switching phones. Just in case you did not know...but I think you already did.

PS Hope you find a nice place outside of AZ to live, Jim. Can't stand this heat for one day, much less all the time and then fires etc on top of it. Must make it unbearable. Hope you find a good spot that is much nicer!
    Yeah, teasing is fun when it's done all in fun. Ya know, I never used BBM that much for it to be an issue if I didn't have it. I know alot of folks use it alot. Heck, alot use SMS and I seldom use that either. I either email or call someone and the folks I hang with usually do the same. But whatever works.
    I think it's cool that some of us are branching out to other platforms and formats. You'll never know if the grass is any greener on the other side if you don't test it out.
    As for the weather I see the rest of the country is getting a taste of what we get 24/7 for 5 months straight. Did our monstrous "haboob" make news back in NY? Thats what the goofy Phoenix weatherman from Iowa calls our monster dust storms. It was pretty spectacular I will admit and what a mess of cleanup to do after.
    I've used every format but ios and hang out in the nokia forum sometimes over at HoFo. That was my all time fav device maker, Had a ton of nokias. I'll be interested to see what they come out with for a wp7 device as their hardware is top shelf all the way. I may have to give that a try Looking forward to what everyone will think of the 9930 tho. I'll be watching for that.
    I probably belong in rehab.
    Last edited by cbreze; 07-21-11 at 10:38 PM.
    07-21-11 10:36 PM
    good morn all, boy it is fakking HHHHHOOOOTTTT!! 930am here and already 90 today is gonna be another brutal one

Jim, i agreed, poking fun when its all done as just joking around. I'm also prob one of the very few who never use bbm ever. and sms on occassion. I email with just a couple people and thats pretty much it. So changing platforms isnt a prob with keeping in touch when email is still an option

well, I hope everyone enjoys their day and try to stay hydrated and cool as possible! it blistering out there folks!
    07-22-11 08:42 AM
    Hi Pink. How is it going ? Haven't talked to you in a while.

07-22-11 08:52 AM
    ...the 9930 is not even looking that exciting. Never thought I'd say that, but......
    I agree, 9930 is not exciting. Nothing RIM has on the horizon has a damn bit of "wow!" to it. While the iphone is dumbed down for the masses, and great at taking pictures and videos, I just hate crApple and don't know if I could hand them my money.

Android is an alternative, definitely better at media than BB, but battery life isn't all that great. Not that that's a deal breaker, just something to consider.
    middbrew and cbreze like this.
    07-22-11 08:55 AM
    good morn all, boy it is fakking HHHHHOOOOTTTT!! 930am here and already 90 today is gonna be another brutal one

Jim, i agreed, poking fun when its all done as just joking around. I'm also prob one of the very few who never use bbm ever. and sms on occassion. I email with just a couple people and thats pretty much it. So changing platforms isnt a prob with keeping in touch when email is still an option

well, I hope everyone enjoys their day and try to stay hydrated and cool as possible! it blistering out there folks!
    Personal, I don't really mind what other people use for a device. I have friends with BBs, Droids, and even iPhone . But as Jaydee was alluding to just don't go away. We have a great group of people here and it's fun to keep up everyone.

I do have to say I will miss your take on some of the themes. Now, we can never let Jaydee and Hamster go with anything other than a BB!

So, speaking of Droids, I got my Nook Color yesterday. I played with it for about an hour, than I had to root it. I'm going to try a different ROM today just to do it, but I'm really liking it.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-22-11 08:55 AM
    I agree, 9930 is not exciting. Nothing RIM has on the horizon has a damn bit of "wow!" to it. While the iphone is dumbed down for the masses, and great at taking pictures and videos, I just hate crApple and don't know if I could hand them my money.

Android is an alternative, definitely better at media than BB, but battery life isn't all that great. Not that that's a deal breaker, just something to consider.
    I agree. Until RIM releases something with QNX on it their phones just aren't attention grabbers. The 9930 does look nice and is a great upgrade but is just a place holder.
    07-22-11 09:00 AM
    It wouldn't let me in. Do I have to be a member of yahoo ?

Hey Buford, did you get a hold of IMP42? I see there is one spot left.
    07-22-11 09:18 AM
    No I didn't. I am not registered on yahoo. Would have to do all that before I could try the other but thanks.

07-22-11 09:45 AM
    So, speaking of Droids, I got my Nook Color yesterday. I played with it for about an hour, than I had to root it. I'm going to try a different ROM today just to do it, but I'm really liking it.
    Yeah, that NC is something, isn't it? Were you able to find one with the green dot?
    07-22-11 09:53 AM
    I agree. Until RIM releases something with QNX on it their phones just aren't attention grabbers. The 9930 does look nice and is a great upgrade but is just a place holder.
    Boy, you nailed that one with the "placeholder" comment. I'm ready for something new, but not just an upgrade or something to hold me over until they really DO have something outstanding. That's about the only thing tempering my expectations for the 9930. It looks like the phone our 9650 should have been. I may even look at the 9850 (Monaco?). I've read good stuff about that one, too. Nothing like the reports on 9930, though. Not yet.
    Last edited by Underway99; 07-22-11 at 12:07 PM.
    07-22-11 09:59 AM
    Personal, I don't really mind what other people use for a device. I have friends with BBs, Droids, and even iPhone . But as Jaydee was alluding to just don't go away. We have a great group of people here and it's fun to keep up everyone.

I do have to say I will miss your take on some of the themes. Now, we can never let Jaydee and Hamster go with anything other than a BB!

Hey Midd! Jaydee and I here for the long haul...don't you worry about themes my friend
    Ok, so how do I root the Nook? I need detail instructions, please!!!!
    07-22-11 10:06 AM
    Hi Pink. How is it going ? Haven't talked to you in a while.

hiya buford! I'm doing good, melting with this heat though lol.

How have u been being ur back on the 9650?

07-22-11 10:41 AM
    I've gotta agree, Rim doesn't have anything outstanding out ATM, I've nvr bothered to look into the 9930 because I've grown 'bored' with the platform as well-reason why I'm looking for a complete 360 with something fresh to learn about

Hello 99! Nice to 'see' you

07-22-11 10:58 AM
23,186 ... 636637638639640 ...