how is everyone? i've been alive and on a looooong vacay from here! Soaking up the sun and enjoying the summer hope everyone else is doing the same!

Buford, welcome back homie! So i heard you had the HTC TB, i'm actually looking into that or the iPhone. I'm leaning more towards the iPhone because i know batt life on the TBolt is suckie, or just about any droid for that fact.
    AH, the enjoyment of summer! Glad you are having fun.

P1nk, you do know that you can't do themes on the iPhone right? I just want to know how you think you will survive in that environment.
    07-14-11 09:17 AM
    good mooooooooorning ramblers!!! Pink is in da mudder fudder hoooooooowse!!!! rayzz da roof yall!

how is everyone? i've been alive and on a looooong vacay from here! Soaking up the sun and enjoying the summer hope everyone else is doing the same!

I see just about everyone here migrated to 600, i'm still hanging at 431. my bb is suprizingly running very smoothly with it and well, cant complain about that Been trying out quite a few free themes. the latest i loaded is by JavaBrat, "Zebra Red" the default OS6 with a weather slot, transparent, NO TRAYS, for those of you wondering. Its a very nice smooth theme, VERY wp friendly Maybe you theme addicts wanna check it out

Buford, welcome back homie! So i heard you had the HTC TB, i'm actually looking into that or the iPhone. I'm leaning more towards the iPhone because i know batt life on the TBolt is suckie, or just about any droid for that fact.

You know, the Monaco is due out sometime along with the new Bold. You don't HAVE to go to the iPhone...
    07-14-11 09:27 AM
    Yeah, I knew those would get pulled. One comment from the "Copy and Paste King" was left so I replied in my usual snarky manner to make sure it got pulled down too.

That troll hasn't been back since.
    "Copy and Paste King" That fits!

And hopefully he doesn't come back.
    07-14-11 09:35 AM
    Hi p1nk. I have missed you. About the droid and iphone. I have the incredible. It is a great mini computer but that is all. I'm being serious. Battery life is horrible,lots of dropped calls and poor reception. You can't use it outside because you can't see the screen in the sunlight. About the thunderbolt. My wife has one and hates it ! Always rebooting and ringtones for people change every other day. Plus the same problems that I was having. Now on to the iphone. My son just got one so I don't know a lot about them but from what I have read they are about like the droid. I finally realized that I needed a phone first and computer second and that is why I am back with the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    middbrew, russnash and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-14-11 09:39 AM
    Can I get an AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

07-14-11 09:41 AM
    One question I have is on this new .600 build I noticed the words are very small. I know when you click magify it goes to word wrap or whatever it is called and I like that. But my question is how can I make the thread bigger without word wrap ? I tried font size adjustment. Any suggestions ?

07-14-11 10:04 AM
    One question I have is on this new .600 build I noticed the words are very small. I know when you click magify it goes to word wrap or whatever it is called and I like that. But my question is how can I make the thread bigger without word wrap ? I tried font size adjustment. Any suggestions ?

Press and hold down Left ALT key and scroll up on the trackpad, that should do what you want.
    07-14-11 10:07 AM
    Dang you are smart !! Gudos to you. Thanks

07-14-11 10:11 AM
    good mooooooooorning ramblers!!! Pink is in da mudder fudder hoooooooowse!!!! rayzz da roof yall!

I see just about everyone here migrated to 600, i'm still hanging at 431. my bb is suprizingly running very smoothly with it and well, cant complain about that Been trying out quite a few free themes. the latest i loaded is by JavaBrat, "Zebra Red" the default OS6 with a weather slot, transparent, NO TRAYS, for those of you wondering. Its a very nice smooth theme, VERY wp friendly Maybe you theme addicts wanna check it out

Hiya Pink! I was wondering where you were and now you tell us you are going Iphone The horror !
    Missed you around here I hope Buford's review on Droid has persuaded you
    As for themes, I saw that one..looks neat, but it's not for me...I have so many others that I'm waiting for, lol
    Glad you are enjoying your summer
    07-14-11 10:43 AM
    Dang you are smart !! Gudos to you. Thanks

Ha ha! I know a few tips and tricks!
    07-14-11 11:07 AM
    AH, the enjoyment of summer! Glad you are having fun.

P1nk, you do know that you can't do themes on the iPhone right? I just want to know how you think you will survive in that environment.
    hi Midd- simple solution- "jailbreak" if I decide to and then themes and icons for the iPhone

07-14-11 12:04 PM
    You know, the Monaco is due out sometime along with the new Bold. You don't HAVE to go to the iPhone...
    well true, but the point I'm at right now I'm thinking I need a change. Our house is surrounded by Apple, 5-6 iPods, 2 iTouchs(1 is mine), 1st gen iPad(which is mine) & now 2 iPhones

SO I have no problem switching to iPhone

07-14-11 12:07 PM
    Hi p1nk. I have missed you. About the droid and iphone. I have the incredible. It is a great mini computer but that is all. I'm being serious. Battery life is horrible,lots of dropped calls and poor reception. You can't use it outside because you can't see the screen in the sunlight. About the thunderbolt. My wife has one and hates it ! Always rebooting and ringtones for people change every other day. Plus the same problems that I was having. Now on to the iphone. My son just got one so I don't know a lot about them but from what I have read they are about like the droid. I finally realized that I needed a phone first and computer second and that is why I am back with the BB.

hey b! Yea honestly I'm leaning a lot more towards the iPhone, although I do love the dashboard/clock options on the Tbolt-i know batt life is not reasonable.

I've been jackin the hubbys iPhone everynight he gets home & messin with it to see if the 'flashy' is what I want to go with So I'm fortunate to have 1 to check out before making a permanent decision

07-14-11 12:10 PM
    hi Midd- simple solution- "jailbreak" if I decide to and then themes and icons for the iPhone

Jailbreak will not help with the other problems like reception and battery life.

07-14-11 12:11 PM
    Hiya Pink! I was wondering where you were and now you tell us you are going Iphone The horror !
    Missed you around here I hope Buford's review on Droid has persuaded you
    As for themes, I saw that one..looks neat, but it's not for me...I have so many others that I'm waiting for, lol
    Glad you are enjoying your summer
    hiya Hamster I'm here and alive! Lol. Just been enjoying the summer for sure

As for the iPhone, nothing set in stone yet-still deciding.

Glad to hear your doing well also
    And for now, Pink over & out!

07-14-11 12:14 PM
    Jailbreak will not help with the other problems like reception and battery life.

yes, that I do know-in fact it could impact it to use more batt life. Trust me, I'm thinking & researching everything thru before I do anything

07-14-11 12:15 PM
    as for reception-luckily where I'm located I always get great reception. TG!

07-14-11 12:16 PM
    I know how you feel p1nk about trying other smartphones. Just my opinion. You might like the iphone. They just weren't for me.

07-14-11 12:20 PM
    Somebody please give me a refresher course on how to post screen shots using Quicklaunch ? I used to do it all the time but I'm getting old and can't remember. Lol

07-14-11 12:34 PM
    I know how you feel p1nk about trying other smartphones. Just my opinion. You might like the iphone. They just weren't for me.

thx for understanding, and i dont mind opinions-everyone is gonna have their own of "whattya crazy?!" or "hey thats great!". I've honestly ALWAYS wanted an iPhone since they first came out with AT&T, but ive had VzW and wouldnt switch just for it with the rest of my entire family on VzW, including all in laws. I would've been the "black sheep" of the family on at&t lol!

SOOO this could be my calling for the iPhone and if i don't like it, i go back to my 9650!
    07-14-11 12:42 PM
    Somebody please give me a refresher course on how to post screen shots using Quicklaunch ? I used to do it all the time but I'm getting old and can't remember. Lol

B, most of us use the app "ZonaSnap" and send it off to PB(photobucket) for a return email with the code and post it using "[img][/img]" brackets.
    07-14-11 12:43 PM
    For screen shots, I use Zona Snap but I do not get the return codes in email. They never come to me. So I go to the website and copy the img code and then paste it into the forum.

Pink, hope you find what you're looking for.
    07-14-11 01:16 PM
    Calling pink. Will you PM me please. Got a question.

07-14-11 02:20 PM
    Ramblers, I saw this thread and gave it a read thru. Thought I'd pass it along. I'm turning off compression to see if it makes any difference on my 600 install. Not having any lag or spinning clocks, but it certainly can't hurt to test it.

edit: DUH! post thread link

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-611882/
    07-14-11 03:09 PM
    I am gonna try it. Can't hurt anything.

07-14-11 06:38 PM
23,186 ... 632633634635636 ...