Yay!!! Thanks Midd! Installed and now I will test as see if all is well...
    Appreciate the help and the files!!!!

EDIT: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
    It is back to normal!!!!! Well, whatever is normal for my phone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yayayayayayayayayayayayayay!!!! Worked here too!!!!

Thanks, Midd
    07-10-11 02:12 PM
    Has anyone noticed that the 486 radio in 600 has the same issues with rendering CB forums that the 438 radio from 524 had?
    07-10-11 02:57 PM
    Has anyone noticed that the 486 radio in 600 has the same issues with rendering CB forums that the 438 radio from 524 had?
    I'm beginning to think the people that run cb forums ought to make some changes instead of RIM having to change the radio....lmao

What's the problem NOW???
    07-10-11 02:59 PM
    I'm beginning to think the people that run cb forums ought to make some changes instead of RIM having to change the radio....lmao

What's the problem NOW???
    The forums display comes up in WAP mode, but is rendered in full screen. It seems to work just like the radio in 524 did. The solution was to use the radio from 466, or use a forums client like Tapatalk. We shouldn't have to use just a certain radio to participate in discussions in CB forums while using the native browser.

Last edited by Underway99; 07-10-11 at 03:26 PM.
    07-10-11 03:22 PM
    I will drink to everything you said!!!!
    No jokes about how willing I am to drink please! HAHAHAHAHAHa
    07-10-11 03:26 PM
    You know, I can say a LOT!
    07-10-11 03:49 PM
    I know no one has to hold a pistol to your head to get you to drink a gun and tonic!

As for the forum - I'm not sure that it not drunk some potion to give it a hangover. Sometimes I will just not display a thread but hang - this occurs whether it be my BB, my playbook or my computer. The page partially loads then stalls..........java on/off.
    07-10-11 06:35 PM
    F2...
    It's okay. As a retired person, you are allowed to do whatever the heck you want!!! Haha. Glad you chose to come and see us tho!
    I bet you got some beautiful pictures up in the Rockies. Any flower species up there that would make a nice wallpaper on my phone?
    I still have your Dolomites pics and use them once in a while on my phone as wallpaper.
    I'm getting too stiff to get down low for some flower pictures but here's one of Colorado's state flower - Mountain Columbine - whoops, too large. Less quality, here goes...
    07-10-11 10:16 PM
    F2 thank you for the lovely picture of Rocky Mt. Columbines. They are sooo pretty. So awful that such a pretty flower has a name that now will be forever tainted and associated with something so ugly. Funny how life does that....

Keep snapping those pics for us! Anytime you want to share them from your trips, we would love to see. Furthest west I have ever been was Denver. Beautiful place. Changeable weather...by the minute! Can't imagine being up in the mountains.
    07-11-11 05:57 AM
    The name definitely conjured up memories of the school tragedy. I had always thought the larger showy columbines were hybrids and never liked them but these were large and showy and NATURAL.

We did experience some close up lightning and thunder - hiked up, with effort, about 2,400 feet to 11,700 feet (huff, puff...). Only got caught by rain, well, downpour, on one hike, last 15 minutes and thoroughly drenched.
    07-11-11 09:19 AM
    Hi F2,
    Noticed you mentioned using a Kindle. Did you by chance "jailbreak" it? The dead poets on the front I could do without, but at least I don't have the newest one with the advertisements.

There has been talk of doing this to a Nook in this thread but not a Kindle.

Just curious if you would recommend the procedure.
    07-11-11 01:32 PM
    Elizabeth, when you and Pink make BW sets, what kind of icons do you use? I have been searching the web and have found icons but its just a jpg of all of them. Do I have to download the file containing all the icons and then let you gals try your hands at creating a set for me?

I know I never asked either one of you to do a custom set but thought if I find the icons I really want, I might.What exactly do you need?
    07-11-11 01:52 PM
    Hi F2,
    Noticed you mentioned using a Kindle. Did you by chance "jailbreak" it? The dead poets on the front I could do without, but at least I don't have the newest one with the advertisements.

I've modified an iPad and a NookColor (both really easy, BTW), but I didn't know that you could hack/root/jailbreak a Kindle.
    07-11-11 02:00 PM
    Elizabeth, when you and Pink make BW sets, what kind of icons do you use? I have been searching the web and have found icons but its just a jpg of all of them. Do I have to download the file containing all the icons and then let you gals try your hands at creating a set for me?

I know I never asked either one of you to do a custom set but thought if I find the icons I really want, I might.What exactly do you need?
    Oh how fun Jaydee! Would love to make a set for you. I cant properly reply right now but will later tonight.
    E
    07-11-11 03:09 PM
    Hi F2,

I did the Screensaver Jailbreak. I use my own photos - they needed to be higher contrast to appear reasonable on the Kindle's BW screen. It is not hard but I am not sure what's what with the newest Kindle "OS" update and jailbreaks.
    07-11-11 05:09 PM
    I did the Screensaver Jailbreak. I use my own photos - they needed to be higher contrast to appear reasonable on the Kindle's BW screen. It is not hard but I am not sure what's what with the newest Kindle "OS" update and jailbreaks.
    F2, I have had the Kindle since Christmas and have not done the update. I had heard that the it would keep you from being able to complete the jailbreak. I have saved some gray scale images in a folder but just have not decided to jump to the task.
    So simple??
    07-11-11 10:39 PM
    Where are all the Ramblers at ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-11 10:50 AM
    I see you found us B!!!
    So back from Android...good to see you back!
    Anything you need help with, bbm me or ask here. We have a lot of helpful people around!!!
    07-12-11 11:34 AM
    So where is everyone today?

Midd, thanks for the ribbon cods. They fixed me right up!

Oh and I am trying my hand at something sure to frustrate me...making a BerryWeather set! HAHAHAHA
    Tired of seeing people say, "oh this is a custom set" and I made this for myself...so I am going to try it myself and make a set that includes things I like. And if I can't do it, I will have Elizabeth do it for me! LMAO! That sounds like a plan, right?

07-12-11 04:40 PM
    Where are all the Ramblers at ?

We're here Always...As Jaydee said if you need help just ask one of us!

So where is everyone today?

Midd, thanks for the ribbon cods. They fixed me right up!

Oh and I am trying my hand at something sure to frustrate me...making a BerryWeather set! HAHAHAHA
    Tired of seeing people say, "oh this is a custom set" and I made this for myself...so I am going to try it myself and make a set that includes things I like. And if I can't do it, I will have Elizabeth do it for me! LMAO! That sounds like a plan, right?

Good plan
    I might try it too In fact I was searching for icons today..hahaha.
    And yes, those ribbon cods worked perfectly Everything is as it should be now. I'm actually liking .600
    07-12-11 04:44 PM
    Little problem trying to download new OS. I'm running .443. I am trying to download .600. When I go through apploader it says that the OS I am trying to download will be a downgrade. Also desktop manager pops up too and it says there is an updated OS on it too. Yes I have downloaded the .600 to my computer. Any help ?

07-13-11 07:21 AM
    I have erased all other OS from my computer.

07-13-11 07:22 AM
    Little problem trying to download new OS. I'm running .443. I am trying to download .600. When I go through apploader it says that the OS I am trying to download will be a downgrade. Also desktop manager pops up too and it says there is an updated OS on it too. Yes I have downloaded the .600 to my computer. Any help ?

Backup, wipe your Bold, and load 600 with apploader.

I always click the Details radio button on the core software (or whatever it's called) module to make make sure it's the version it's supposed to be. In this case 6.0.0.600.
    07-13-11 07:32 AM
    Shouldn't apploader do that automatically ? Wipe,backup, and put the OS back on the phone ? I have never had to wipe my phone before at the start when downloading an OS. Just wonderin ?

07-13-11 07:42 AM
    Shouldn't apploader do that automatically ? Wipe,backup, and put the OS back on the phone ? I have never had to wipe my phone before at the start when downloading an OS. Just wonderin ?

Yes it should. But if it there's a problem with it only seeing 443 and you've removed it from the PC, then wiping with BBSAK can't hurt.

When 600 crashed on me last week, I wiped it before reloading 600.
    07-13-11 07:45 AM
23,186 ... 629630631632633 ...