Jimi,
    If you hook up to DM, I don't know what happens if you try to just add the calc. I don't even think that is a choice. I think it must be installed as part of the overall OS. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think you have to reload the whole OS? That kinda sux.
    I have never heard of those apps not installing, it's not like you have the option of leaving them out. Can then be shrunken out?
    07-08-11 07:24 AM
    Jaydee, did you load up 522? If so, how is it? If anyone else wants a direct link to 522 send me a PM and I'll PM back the link.

I hate filling out that stupid form with name address etc and the export agreement crap....yeah like the terrorists are going to give accurate info!!
    07-08-11 07:28 AM
    I have never heard of those apps not installing, it's not like you have the option of leaving them out. Can then be shrunken out?
    I've never been able to shrink out the calc.

Jaydee, did you load up 522? If so, how is it? If anyone else wants a direct link to 522 send me a PM and I'll PM back the link.
    Paul,
    I did not install 522 yet. I seem to be able to use the hot keys for the themes so the only thing that doesn't work for me is the blank apps screen at first. I may hold off. Or if a hybrid maker finds the cod I need, i may add that.
    07-08-11 07:44 AM
    No this is not a cod you can shrink out.

You should have a cod file in your java folder called: net_rim_bb_standardcalculator_app.cod

Just load it with BBSAK or BB Boss and you should be good to go. If you don't have it in there let me know and I will get it to you.
    07-08-11 07:59 AM
    No this is not a cod you can shrink out.

You should have a cod file in your java folder called: net_rim_bb_standardcalculator_app.cod

Just load it with BBSAK or BB Boss and you should be good to go. If you don't have it in there let me know and I will get it to you.
    Cool!!!
    Now find me the cod that makes the hs bug in 600 disappear and I will load that too!!!!
    Keep your eye to the ground in the hybrid threads for me, ok? Hamster and I would love to just add a cod and be done with it!
    07-08-11 08:02 AM
    Cool!!!
    Now find me the cod that makes the hs bug in 600 disappear and I will load that too!!!!
    Keep your eye to the ground in the hybrid threads for me, ok? Hamster and I would love to just add a cod and be done with it!
    OH you can believe I will. I know some of the guys over at OSBB are trying to figure that out, but I'm not too sure what can be done in this area.
    07-08-11 08:20 AM
    Midd, how has your battery life been with 6.0.600? I read of some imporvement for one person in the 9650 forum. I also wonder about the radio for you. Has it made any difference in your signal strength? The town I live in is in a bit of a bowl, so signal strength is never great around here. Thanks for your time.
    07-08-11 11:28 AM
    I have found out from not paying attention, that for some reason in BOSS you can shrink out the Calc from this release.

I have also found the radio to be better than past releases but I have had nothing but clinches and issues and do not think this release is that good. I will try .522 this evening.
    07-08-11 08:38 PM
    I have found out from not paying attention, that for some reason in BOSS you can shrink out the Calc from this release.

I have also found the radio to be better than past releases but I have had nothing but clinches and issues and do not think this release is that good. I will try .522 this evening.
    Sorry you're having trouble, Jimi. Other than the home screen problem and the app screen thing, I think this release is a great one. And MiddBrew has already told me that the hybrid boys have found the cods to make the home screen prob go away! I hope that 522 is better for you!!
    07-08-11 10:01 PM
    Midd, how has your battery life been with 6.0.600? I read of some imporvement for one person in the 9650 forum. I also wonder about the radio for you. Has it made any difference in your signal strength? The town I live in is in a bit of a bowl, so signal strength is never great around here. Thanks for your time.
    My battery life has been great and the gain in memory is astounding. I love the extra memory. That way when I leak it, I still have plenty left!!!!
    07-08-11 10:02 PM
    Sorry you're having trouble, Jimi. Other than the home screen problem and the app screen thing, I think this release is a great one. And MiddBrew has already told me that the hybrid boys have found the cods to make the home screen prob go away! I hope that 522 is better for you!!
    I figured it would be a matter of days before the Hybrid Boys solve some of the issues. I always find it odd that our own forum people can find and solve the issues but the programmers who make and release these OS's do not.
    07-08-11 11:00 PM
    My battery life seems to be better on .600. Don't about signal, because I've always had great reception with any release

Midd told me this too!! Can't wait - although apart from the home screen issues, I'm liking this one.
    07-09-11 06:57 AM
    Alright you know I spend most of my time hanging out at that dr**d site anymore, but I found something that might be amusing to some of you. Also, if anyone misses the original storm, you might find a familiar feeling.

Gingerbread ready for Incredible 2 WOW? - Android Forums
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ble-2-wow.html
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    07-09-11 04:11 PM
    Alright you know I spend most of my time hanging out at that dr**d site anymore, but I found something that might be amusing to some of you. Also, if anyone misses the original storm, you might find a familiar feeling.

Gingerbread ready for Incredible 2 WOW? - Android Forums
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ble-2-wow.html
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Ah the good old Storm days... well not really good, but you see the point
    07-09-11 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the info Jaydee and Hamster. I have downloaded the 600 file but have not yet installed it. I am not sure anything will do much for my signal strength but may give it a shot. Thanks again.
    07-09-11 09:00 PM
    I loaded 600 and then the new 600 hybrid ( http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...9650-a-628709/) from the guys in the Hybrid shop. No issues so far. Really easy install -- after shrinking, I let DM do it all.
    07-10-11 09:56 AM
    I loaded 600 and then the new 600 hybrid ( http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...9650-a-628709/) from the guys in the Hybrid shop. No issues so far. Really easy install -- after shrinking, I let DM do it all.
    Underway, is this the hybrid that fixes the theme issues?
    I need to find the cods and add those with BBSAK. I don't want to have t reload the entire OS.
    07-10-11 10:21 AM
    Underway, is this the hybrid that fixes the theme issues?
    I need to find the cods and add those with BBSAK. I don't want to have t reload the entire OS.
    According to the posts in that thread, yes, it does. Midd might be able to point you to the specific CODs. I had to do three battery pulls to get my themes to work. Oh, and my theme settings were dumped. I had to make all my folders and such again. What a PITA! Normally, I don't lose those.

If you install the hybrid and then use DM to load it, won't the installer just install the changes since the base OS remains?
    07-10-11 10:41 AM
    According to the posts in that thread, yes, it does. Midd might be able to point you to the specific CODs. I had to do three battery pulls to get my themes to work. Oh, and my theme settings were dumped. I had to make all my folders and such again. What a PITA! Normally, I don't lose those.

If you install the hybrid and then use DM to load it, won't the installer just install the changes since the base OS remains?
    I have never used DM to load anything before. haha
    I will check with Midd on the cods and see if I can solve it that way. If not, then I will use a hybrid and reload. However, the workaround I used has solved the hs prefs prob anyway. What I need is a cure for the blank apps screen when you press the bb button the first time...
    07-10-11 10:55 AM
    Hey, it's me - huh, who? Well, I've been PLAYing in the playbook forum looking for tidbits like for the 9650!!!!! I'm sure some of you have heard of it but I'm sure most of you have not - what a successful launch - NOT!

I see there's another update for an OS6 version that I will pass on!

I just used both the Bold and the PB while vacationing in the Colorado Rockies. They both even went dayhiking since I did not want to leave either of them in the car for a couple of hours.

Well, my question is very basic - I cannot recall the sequence to update the towers info. It is *xxx or other but... and I don't recall what the procedure is called but I thought it was "prc" but a search did not help.

But Rim really does know how to be consistent - no zoom in the bold browser for OS6 and no zoom in the Playbook email app!!!!

The pb did impress some of my fellow vacationers and it made a terrific presentation device of past hiking trips (turned into "movie" shows) via hdmi out.
    07-10-11 11:02 AM
    Hey, it's me - huh, who? Well, I've been PLAYing in the playbook forum looking for tidbits like for the 9650!!!!! I'm sure some of you have heard of it but I'm sure most of you have not - what a successful launch - NOT!

I see there's another update for an OS6 version that I will pass on!

I just used both the Bold and the PB while vacationing in the Colorado Rockies. They both even went dayhiking since I did not want to leave either of them in the car for a couple of hours.

Well, my question is very basic - I cannot recall the sequence to update the towers info. It is *xxx or other but... and I don't recall what the procedure is called but I thought it was "prc" but a search did not help.

But Rim really does know how to be consistent - no zoom in the bold browser for OS6 and no zoom in the Playbook email app!!!!

The pb did impress some of my fellow vacationers and it made a terrific presentation device of past hiking trips (turned into "movie" shows) via hdmi out.
    F2...OMG where the fok have YOU been?
    It's *228 for updating the PRL.
    Too bad you're passing on this one. 600 is very good!!!!
    But congrats on the PB. I have a friend who has one and he loves it for business. Glad it was a good companion on your recent trip to the Rockies.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-10-11 at 11:38 AM.
    07-10-11 11:30 AM
    Thanks .... "Please continue to hold while your phone is being programmed" (with too loud, odd music). Success!

Jaydee, I seem to be able to handle only so many forums for so many devices. Also using a kindle and visit there. You know retirement only leaves so much time! But with all of my hiking, I'd never been to the Colorado Rockies - terrific although each day did seem to end with a crashing thunder/lightning show.
    07-10-11 11:51 AM
    F2...
    It's okay. As a retired person, you are allowed to do whatever the heck you want!!! Haha. Glad you chose to come and see us tho!
    I bet you got some beautiful pictures up in the Rockies. Any flower species up there that would make a nice wallpaper on my phone?
    I still have your Dolomites pics and use them once in a while on my phone as wallpaper.
    07-10-11 12:08 PM
    Here's the ribbon cods that will fix the custom theme issues. That are from the 524 OS. You can use BBASK to add them in. http://db.tt/EzwKPC7
    jaydee5799 and hamsterwheel like this.
    07-10-11 12:11 PM
    Here's the ribbon cods that will fix the custom theme issues. That are from the 524 OS. You can use BBASK to add them in. http://db.tt/EzwKPC7
    Yay!!! Thanks Midd! Installed and now I will test as see if all is well...
    Appreciate the help and the files!!!!

EDIT: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
    It is back to normal!!!!! Well, whatever is normal for my phone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-10-11 at 02:09 PM.
    07-10-11 02:03 PM
23,186 ... 628629630631632 ...