Have any of the group here tried Tapatalk yet? I've read that it bypasses the browser altogether. Is it worth buying?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 06:25 PM
    Have any of the group here tried Tapatalk yet? I've read that it bypasses the browser altogether. Is it worth buying?

I use Tapatalk to access BBE all the time. It rocks. PM me your email Underway...
    06-28-11 06:53 PM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

Happy Birthday to Hamster! Have a great Birthday Hamster! Celebrate and have lots of fun! And eat whatever you want. That's what I do!!! HAHAHA

Here's something to get you started!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    06-29-11 06:02 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

Happy Birthday to Hamster! Have a great Birthday Hamster! Celebrate and have lots of fun! And eat whatever you want. That's what I do!!! HAHAHA

Here's something to get you started!
    Ahhh...Thank-you, Jaydee! I plan on spoiling myself today and yes that includes a whole lot of eating

Love the cake!!! and Love ya!!!
    06-29-11 06:45 AM

If it was free I'd try it. Not something I'm willing to pay for tho'
    06-29-11 07:22 AM
    Nice!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-29-11 08:35 AM
    TapaTalk is cool...makes it soooo much easier!

06-29-11 08:51 AM
    Happy Birthday Hamster! Enjoy the day.

hamsterwheel likes this.
    06-29-11 09:01 AM
    I see everyone has jumped on the Tapatalk bandwagon.

06-29-11 09:06 AM
    I'm not sure I'd call it a bandwagon, but yes, I'm trying it out. It looks pretty familiar -- almost like something I tried this past spring. Not bad though.

06-29-11 10:31 AM
    Hey guys, a voice from the past, and not using Tapatalk!

Haven't been here in a long time, still ticked about the goings on here.

Well, my wife decided that she didn't like my 9630 so when her NE2 came up last week she decided she wanted a Droid. We had been looking at the Moto X because she wanted a phone with a much larger screen and thought she would like the touch screen keyboard. My eldest son in Houston recently got an HTC Thunderbolt and told us he really liked it, he had been using one of the Moto phones but manged to destroy it so it was time for a new one. I've been playing with the Thunderbolt since she got it, trying to get everything setup for her and helping her learn how to use the device. Our agreement was that if she didn't like this device, she would get another dumb phone and I would probably give the Droid a try. Don't think that is going to happen as she seems to really like it. I must admit that I really like its speed and I think that I could get used to the touch screen keyboard after all. I have said many times that I didn't think I would ever like a touch screen; however, maybe I was wrong. We are supposed to get 4G LTE in the next two or three months so it would be nice to have an LTE capable device and the Thunderbolt is LTE ready. If RIM doesn't come up with something really exciting and 4G LTE capable by next March, I may be getting one of these devices for myself when my NE2 comes up. Time will tell and RIM will need to get off of their collective a$$es and get something done .

Now, I have a question for all of you geniuses, (must be a social one and not technical, right?). Somehow my setup wizard has disappeared from my device, I need to setup a new email and delete an old one because the place where I work parttime has changed their URL. Can't find the blasted setup wizard to do it. I have tried to load the .cod onto my phone using BBSAK to no avail. I would appreciate someone telling me how I can do it without having to reload the OS.

Thanks in advance.
    06-29-11 12:51 PM

Well, my wife decided that she didn't like my 9630 so when her NE2 came up last week she decided she wanted a Droid. We had been looking at the Moto X because she wanted a phone with a much larger screen and thought she would like the touch screen keyboard. My eldest son in Houston recently got an HTC Thunderbolt and told us he really liked it, he had been using one of the Moto phones but manged to destroy it so it was time for a new one. I've been playing with the Thunderbolt since she got it, trying to get everything setup for her and helping her learn how to use the device. Our agreement was that if she didn't like this device, she would get another dumb phone and I would probably give the Droid a try. Don't think that is going to happen as she seems to really like it. I must admit that I really like its speed and I think that I could get used to the touch screen keyboard after all. I have said many times that I didn't think I would ever like a touch screen; however, maybe I was wrong. We are supposed to get 4G LTE in the next two or three months so it would be nice to have an LTE capable device and the Thunderbolt is LTE ready. If RIM doesn't come up with something really exciting and 4G LTE capable by next March, I may be getting one of these devices for myself when my NE2 comes up. Time will tell and RIM will need to get off of their collective a$$es and get something done .

Now, I have a question for all of you geniuses, (must be a social one and not technical, right?). Somehow my setup wizard has disappeared from my device, I need to setup a new email and delete an old one because the place where I work parttime has changed their URL. Can't find the blasted setup wizard to do it. I have tried to load the .cod onto my phone using BBSAK to no avail. I would appreciate someone telling me how I can do it without having to reload the OS.

Thanks in advance.

Bob, have you checked all folders, and made sure it's not hidden? Try resending service books, and re-registering the Host Routing Table.

Ahhh...Thank-you, Jaydee! I plan on spoiling myself today and yes that includes a whole lot of eating

Love the cake!!! and Love ya!!!
    Happy birthday, Hammy!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-29-11 at 02:13 PM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    06-29-11 01:01 PM

Thanks in advance.
    OMG...it's a BOB sighting! Alert the military!!!!
    Where the he double hockey sticks have you been, Bob? Was wondering about you! Was worried, too. Bet you've been golfing and drinking pina coladas, huh? That's the life!!! Missed you.

As for the Drxxxx talk...bah humbug!
    Enough!
    But good to hear that you are doing well!!
    06-29-11 02:58 PM
    OMG...it's a BOB sighting! Alert the military!!!!
    OK, Ma'am. Consider me alerted.

Thanks in advance.
    I remembered this issue cropping up when the email setup application was updated in the spring. Sometimes the setup app was gone entirely, and it was visible but not working for others. This fix is just a collection of all the pre-update BIS CODs, and is posted in the hybrids forum (http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/ki...ml#post6334455) . Just download the ZIP and drop the CODs into your phone with BBSAK or BBMCP. After the battery pull, you might be prompted to update the application.
    06-29-11 03:42 PM
    Thank you sooooo much, I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens.
    06-29-11 04:48 PM
    I know a lot of people have started using Tapatalk, but for those that still like Opera Mini it has been updated to 6.1.
    06-30-11 10:18 AM
    Loving tapatalk!!! Hahahaha. Even the queen is in the act now!!!

06-30-11 10:36 AM
    Hey Midd

I went back to using Slice yesterday. I've been doing a lot of restarts this past few days, and it's a lot of extra work to configure Morph every time. At any rate, when my phone booted this morning, I noticed that the focus behind the clock is not aligned with the clock. The focus seems to be about one character-width to the left of the clock itself.

What did I do to it? And how do I fix it? I did a battery pull, and I deleted and reloaded the theme. Help!?
    06-30-11 10:54 AM
    Hey Midd

I went back to using Slice yesterday. I've been doing a lot of restarts this past few days, and it's a lot of extra work to configure Morph every time. At any rate, when my phone booted this morning, I noticed that the focus behind the clock is not aligned with the clock. The focus seems to be about one character-width to the left of the clock itself.

What did I do to it? And how do I fix it? I did a battery pull, and I deleted and reloaded the theme. Help!?
    I will take a look into that. When I made some maintenance changes I had to redo some of the SVG code. It is possible that it got altered. I will take a look at it tonight and get back to you.
    06-30-11 04:36 PM
    Hi everybody!
    Don't look like too much has changed here. Me and my droid are getting along just fine. It seems that getting over a physical keyboard just takes downloading a good software one.
    Anyway I have some data plan news that you might not have heard yet. I'm assuming you all know about the change to tiered data, and how all of us unlimited data people get to keep our plans as long as we don't change it.
    Well apparently all unlimited plans aren't the same. There are smartphone plans, blackberry smartphone plans, and I'm assuming special iPhone plans too. We won't be able to switch among them without losing the unlimited data. So we will be stuck with what we have. If I break my droid, I can't reactivate my bold without losing my unlimited data. So bb users have to stay bb users, etc.
    Understand that this is what I read from someone who talked with someone who supposedly works at vzw and knows stuff. So it could be bs but it has the ring of truth to me.
    The only upside is I didn't even use 1gb of data last month, even with new phone syndrome jacking up the usage, thanks to wifi.
    Just thought I would let you know.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    07-01-11 08:31 AM
    Hey guys. I'm having BBM probs again so if you need me, PM or send an email. SMS if you have my number, (I posted it on my bbm status) or whatever. I can correspond with a few contacts but some are a no-go. I would call BlackBerry again but that is hours of no useful info and tests. I have already tried everything they will have me try.

Hope everyone is having a good day and that you all enjoy the holiday weekend. Hope it's a long weekend for you poor working slobs who work year-round!

LMAO! I'm soooooooo enjoying a summer off, it's criminal!
    07-01-11 08:45 AM
    Well apparently all unlimited plans aren't the same. There are smartphone plans, blackberry smartphone plans, and I'm assuming special iPhone plans too. We won't be able to switch among them without losing the unlimited data. So we will be stuck with what we have. If I break my droid, I can't reactivate my bold without losing my unlimited data. So bb users have to stay bb users, etc.
    Understand that this is what I read from someone who talked with someone who supposedly works at vzw and knows stuff. So it could be bs but it has the ring of truth to me.
    Hey, not saying your info's incorrect, might be true, who knows. But I can say that there is a ton of mis-info out there regarding verizons new plan/rate structure. It's almost like we just have to sit tight another week and see for ourselves what the true reality will be. I called 611 the other day and asked some questions since I had some concerns and was told they are frustrated with all the misinformation out there and little of it is true. What they told me to be the correct info is our unlimited plans will be unchanged, if we go to a 4G device later our current unlimited plans will be in force. We can change phones we have as often as we like as before, no change. So this is what I heard/was told. You were told/heard something different to a certain extent. Others are saying 3G to 4G will require the tiered plan. I find it hard to believe the speed at which people change phones via the website on a daily basis around the forums that it would require a new plan.
    So take a little of this, a little of that and we still can't be certain until it's all done.
    btw sky, I've gone to an android also as I got tired of waiting for the 9930 and it had been a year, so my change up point reached.
    07-01-11 09:02 AM
    Happy belated birthday Hamster. Hope you had a great day. Wishing everyone a safe and restful weekend. Jaydee, a few of us slobs do have to work. Just not as blessed as those teachers and their summer breaks. I need a new union rep!!!!
    07-01-11 11:38 PM
    Happy 4th of July weekend to all the Ramblers!
    Runkle. I have worked every summer for the past 15 years! I never really enjoyed the summers as much as other teachers because I always "needed" the extra money for one reason or another. I still do but I didn't get awarded my job this summer so its an FORCED vacation. And well, I gotta make the best of it! So I am. Enjoying and not regretting....

Last night I went to a NYS Collegiate League baseball game (we have a local team made up of college players from allover the country who stay with host families) and then there were fireworks after. It was a beautiful night to be out with the 'rents, my bro and sis and their families. We all live here so I get to see them often. Small town life. Another game on Sunday with a holiday fireworks show coming up and a parade for my husband's band ( who owns a marching band) on Monday morning. Small town life for sure. But I can enjoy it all without having to worry about laundry (for work) and packing a lunch (for work) and getting enough sleep (for work)....

I will be your union rep Runkle. I am well versed in it all! Would be glad to help you! You deserve a break!!! As do all the Ramblers!!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!!
    07-02-11 07:53 AM
    Hey Midd

It's fixed. You should get an email about the updated. Thanks for letting me know.
    underway99 likes this.
    07-02-11 12:57 PM
23,186 ... 622623624625626 ...