Bedside mode was implemented in OS5.... welcome to 2009

......Ok.... I'm gonna run for my life now LoL!
    HAHA Russ...you are living dangerously!
    Off with his head the Queen says!!!
    06-08-11 06:00 PM
    I knew about bedside mode but dismissed it as meh. My profiles were "much" better.(right Jim) I tried it only 3 or 4 months ago and wondered where it had been all my life. Did just what I needed and so easy. The real wonder is how our very own "ramblin" Queen missed it for a whole year.(on the bold anyway)
    Currently on a road trip and had to go for fresher air and blue skys, so I motored out of New Mexico and on up to Durango. Beautiful and NO SMOKE! is the best part. I was getting choked out in NM. Terrible fire. For anyone familiar with AZ towns. Several have been evacuated and Springerville is next on the list if need be.
    Elizabeth, big huge kuddos and thanks to your son for risking himself for the forest and public safety. I pray he and the thousands of others will stay safe and if mother nature would only throw in a smidgeon of cooperation we might see the high winds die down. Not much progress can be made till that happens. I can't say enough about those folks doing the real work as this job is enormous to the enthh degree. I'll also be praying for an early start to the summer "monsoon" here. It's a little early yet but gifts from above can happen.
    As some of you know I'm on hiatas from my bold till 9930 causes me to make a decision. Well the phone I'm testing out is ruggedized to military specs yet it is still very comfortable, quick and easy to use. I only wonder why they don't reguire all phones to have these rugged specifications. Waterproof, dustproof,shockproof, gorilla glass scratch proof, drop proof, etc. Works fantastic and still quite stylish.I mean it's a no brainer.
    So any news on the 9930? Or does it just showup one fine day?
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-08-11 at 06:28 PM.
    06-08-11 06:25 PM
    Jim, glad to read you are enjoying a smoke reprieve in Colorado. The work of smoke jumpers, ground firefighters and outside folks offering additional assistance cannot be appreciated enough.

As for the 9930, some folks are saying it is being delayed until September. If true, it is a bad move by RIM in the US. A few (very few) are still saying middle August. RIM seems to be thinking they can make up ground with their overseas markets, and have had some success. However, the tech turn around is shorter and shorter and their shares continue to drop. The best bets from the market folks are still "holds". I am also waiting for the 9930 because my contract is up in July. Needless to say, I still plan to play with a few other options as well. Here's hoping the new Bolds show up sooner rather than later.
    06-08-11 07:02 PM
    Hey Ramblers, how much stock do you put in "reviews" on places like Amazon, etc? With so many similarities between tablets and smartphones, who do trust for the best information and reviews? I still check out Consumer Reports but wondered what you think.
    06-08-11 07:05 PM
    Hey Ramblers, how much stock do you put in "reviews" on places like Amazon, etc? With so many similarities between tablets and smartphones, who do trust for the best information and reviews? I still check out Consumer Reports but wondered what you think.
    All sources are good, I will use the above mentioned as well a Cnet.
    06-08-11 07:11 PM
    I use CNET as well, but I do most of the detail research on the "fanboy" sites -- AndroidCentral, CB, etc. I use those to find the real good and bad about whatever I'm looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 07:27 PM
    I don't put much faith in consumer reports, although i do sometimes utilize their opinions to make me look further. I find the various forums are very good for info just about anything these days can be discussed and weighed in online forums.
    It seems the scuttlebutt on the 9930 release is trending toward Sept or even later. I don't know what to make of the posters who say a friend of a friend saw a guy in a bar with one. Needless to say I put no stock in those posts and no one really knows. So thats one reason that made me want to try something different altogether. You hear so much about different platforms and one really needs to see for one's self whether it would work for them personally. I'm really enjoying myself right now on a new device and even trialing VZ navigator which I had never used before. There is a small learning curve to it, but it's coming in handy on this road trip really sweet with the bigger screen. The hotspot feature is awesome also. I was wondering if the 9930 would have it. Tethering is just a bit more hassle, but get this: I think verizon has put the kibosh to the "tether" app on android. Unless your rooted. They even removed it from the "market place". I cannot get it to recognize the drivers I loaded for it. I do believe verizon is being pro-active about the tethering issue. If android is having this then BB can't be far behind. I may check into rooting just for fun when I'm a little more comfortable with the idea.
    06-08-11 07:27 PM
    So any news on the 9930? Or does it just showup one fine day?
    As we would tell any newb, There are threads and a search button for that.

haha. Sept is the latest word.
    06-08-11 08:02 PM
    Hi Ramblers!!! I'm baaaaaack

Had a great time but am glad to be back...missed the ramblings here..
    Don't have time to comment on everything, lol...
    But....I've used bedside mode since I got my BB

Glad everyone is ok with the AZ fires....
    06-08-11 08:09 PM
    Hi Hamster, glad to see you are back safe and sound. Also delighted you had a good time while away. Not much new here in rehab. A few new folks "checked in" over the weekend. I saw Justin Bieber in the pool room; something about being here for a hair problem. The folks from "The Big Bang Theory" stopped by before heading home to Kripton for the summer (who knew). Rumor has it Dennis Rodman was coming by, but we all now know he is an alien. (trying to remember, did I take a pain pill or was it pills?)
    06-08-11 08:24 PM
    All sources are good, I will use the above mentioned as well a Cnet.
    +1 I too find the reviews on Amazon and Cnet to be very good when I'm doing a product review.
    06-08-11 10:14 PM
    As we would tell any newb, There are threads and a search button for that.
    Ha,I figured I'd get a snarky remark after my comment about the queen and her lack of bedside mode savvyness. touche'
    06-08-11 10:24 PM
    Ha,I figured I'd get a snarky remark after my comment about the queen and her lack of bedside mode savvyness. touche'
    Jim, if I didn't do that, you'd wonder what was wrong with me!!!!
    Besides all in good fun! You see Paul taught me well.
    06-09-11 08:15 AM
    Bedside mode was implemented in OS5.... welcome to 2009

......Ok.... I'm gonna run for my life now LoL!
    You'd better! You don't want me to go ballistic!!!! Look what happens to members when I do:

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/2837155.html/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-09-11 at 08:34 AM.
    06-09-11 08:30 AM
    He got what he deserved!

Russ is gonna bathe in holy water now.....
    Keeps the evil spirits away!!!!
    06-09-11 09:02 AM
    You'd better! You don't want me to go ballistic!!!! Look what happens to members when I do:

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/2837155.html/
    WoW! Paul K.O.'d Frankenstein. Cool

Jim, if I didn't do that, you'd wonder what was wrong with me!!!!
    Besides all in good fun! You see Paul taught me well.
    True that. You have learned from a pro.
    If I recall I was bestowed with a dukedom in snarkyness back in the recent past. Thought I was heading for for a time out.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-09-11 at 10:19 AM.
    06-09-11 10:13 AM
    WoW! Paul K.O.'d Frankenstein. Cool
    That troll sleeps with the fishes!
    06-09-11 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the info about the King hybrid midd. PM me when you think it is safe for me to use. Glad to read your folks are safe. Jim, keep safe. My sunsets in Nebraska have been brighter the last couple nights, meaning smoke is in the air. I expect Mother Nature to keep things in line when fires strike from her hand. It is really frustrating when a camper fails to follow procedure. As for the 9650 thread; it has really dropped off from what it was. The best and brightest have now moved to Rehab. Here's hoping none of you get well enough to leave.
    Hi Runkle,

If you're still in the market for a hybrid check out this one. I haven't run it yet but will be loading it soon. From what I'm hearing it is really good. Smooth and super great battery life.
    06-09-11 08:07 PM
    That troll sleeps with the fishes!
    LMFAO!
    10 chars
    06-09-11 08:29 PM
    Hi Runkle,

If you're still in the market for a hybrid check out this one. I haven't run it yet but will be loading it soon. From what I'm hearing it is really good. Smooth and super great battery life.
    Always enjoyed his hybrids, thank you for the notice on this one. Giving it a try this evening.
    06-09-11 09:09 PM
    cool I'm going to load it up in the morning. I have most of the files already on my phone and really like it.
    06-09-11 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the hybrid link Midd. There was a problem however. When my Norton program scanned the file after it was downloaded, Norton identified it as a threat to my pc system and removed it from my download file. Never had that happen before. Any idea why? I asked SCrid the same question. Really odd.
    06-09-11 11:09 PM
    Thanks for the hybrid link Midd. There was a problem however. When my Norton program scanned the file after it was downloaded, Norton identified it as a threat to my pc system and removed it from my download file. Never had that happen before. Any idea why? I asked SCrid the same question. Really odd.
    Norton sometimes identifies exe files that are very new as a threat. It will do this because so many viruses will try to identify as a legit new program. You can go into your Norton program and allow it to run it or you can turn Norton off for the little time it takes to down load it.
    06-10-11 10:12 AM
    You guys talking about hybrids make me wanna try one but then I stop myself and say...NAHHHHHHHH

Hahaha!!
    06-10-11 10:16 AM
    You guys talking about hybrids make me wanna try one but then I stop myself and say...NAHHHHHHHH

Hahaha!!
    OH Jaydee! This is the best one I have ever ran. You would love!
    06-10-11 10:36 AM
23,186 ... 613614615616617 ...