There are a lot of dolts around the boards these days.
    06-07-11 07:54 AM
    Pink, I think I told you I use File Manager Pro and they have a 7 day trial version so you can see if you like it.

Here's the link. Try it for a while and let me know what you think. I have never had a problem with it on my device (and we all know how possessed my device is!)
    well Jaydee, I decided to take the plunge and dwld the trial of FileManager Pro, seeing how you've had good luck with it, and I'm sure Elizabeth will too

Now, I really don't know how to use it. I have figured out how to zip up a file and email, BUT when I dwld a file from a dropbox for a batex icon, i can un-zip it, and all the images then list one by one(25 or 26 .png items). I then create a new folder in the batex section. But now my question is, how do i get those list of images into that folder so it can be used as a batex icon? I hope i explained that and you can understand what i mean! LOL Or am i doing something wrong, and i don't need to unzip the file? any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: i've re-dwld the dropbox link Elizabeth posted for the HK CB travel and i opened to become a folder, and i thought i moved it into the batex/skins folder, but i can't find it so IDK where it went to! LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-07-11 at 08:23 AM.
    06-07-11 08:10 AM
    well Jaydee, I decided to take the plunge and dwld the trial of FileManager Pro, seeing how you've had good luck with it, and I'm sure Elizabeth will too

Now, I really don't know how to use it. I have figured out how to zip up a file and email, BUT when I dwld a file from a dropbox for a batex icon, i can un-zip it, and all the images then list one by one(25 or 26 .png items). I then create a new folder in the batex section. But now my question is, how do i get those list of images into that folder so it can be used as a batex icon? I hope i explained that and you can understand what i mean! LOL Or am i doing something wrong, and i don't need to unzip the file? any help would be greatly appreciated
    Ok Pink, let's see.
    A dropbox battex icon is a .zip, right?
    So all you would have to do is MOVE it to the BattEX directory. Don't unzip it because Battex can read zipped files, right?

Now, if you get one that has to be unzipped (like people who create on a MAC, theirs have a double folder system) you unzip to the correct directory.

Try not unzipping the battex and see if it works!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-07-11 08:22 AM
    Ok Pink, let's see.
    A dropbox battex icon is a .zip, right?
    So all you would have to do is MOVE it to the BattEX directory. Don't unzip it because Battex can read zipped files, right?

Now, if you get one that has to be unzipped (like people who create on a MAC, theirs have a double folder system) you unzip to the correct directory.

Try not unzipping the battex and see if it works!
    yes it is a zip file. I was under the impression that it has to be un-zipped and put into just a folder for it to be usable on batex icons.

ok, il try what you told me. I'll report back

edit: all this time, i've been doing double work! I've been creating folders in the batex and then would highligh&copy the images to move into that folder! D"OH!!! Holy crow! new jack@ss move of the year LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-07-11 at 08:34 AM.
    06-07-11 08:24 AM
    OK!!!! YaY! that worked Jaydee! TYVM! i dwld the zip from the dropbox, opened FileManager and highlighted the HK zip item and choose "move" and then followed the sd card path to get to the batex folder and Waaahh- Lahhhhhh! "move here" opened my batex icons and there it was! Worked like a charm!

Well I have 7days on the trial, but i'm sure i will be getting this app YaY!
    06-07-11 08:32 AM
    Thanks for asking runkle, The fire has destroyed alot of very old pristine forest I have been in many times. Sad to see. I am currently in New Mexico and the smoke from the fires is not only here but as far east as Iowa, so they say. The smoke east of Albuquerque is so bad it's burning my eyes and I will need to most likely cut my stay here short and head to areas more north and fresher air. The fires are zero percent contained and the winds are very strong, up to 45 mph. We get forest fires every year, but this one is destined for the record books. Fortunately no loss of life as yet, just property. Started by a careless camper which makes it even harder to bear.
    My folks live in AZ (yes their are safe) and I too have spent time in many of those forests. It is truly sad to see them burning. You are right Jim. It is very disheartening to see how it started.
    06-07-11 11:20 AM
    My folks live in AZ (yes their are safe) and I too have spent time in many of those forests. It is truly sad to see them burning. You are right Jim. It is very disheartening to see how it started.
    Wow Midd! Glad your folks and their property is ok, too!
    Terrible situation!!!
    06-07-11 11:29 AM
    Thanks for the info about the King hybrid midd. PM me when you think it is safe for me to use. Glad to read your folks are safe. Jim, keep safe. My sunsets in Nebraska have been brighter the last couple nights, meaning smoke is in the air. I expect Mother Nature to keep things in line when fires strike from her hand. It is really frustrating when a camper fails to follow procedure. As for the 9650 thread; it has really dropped off from what it was. The best and brightest have now moved to Rehab. Here's hoping none of you get well enough to leave.
    06-07-11 11:36 AM
    Further proof that the 9650 forums needs to be locked completely:

I still can't wrap my head around this comment!
    It's unbelievable the ignorance of some people.
    06-07-11 01:23 PM
    it is a damn shame, and so sad as well! But I'm glad to hear your parents are safe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 09:21 PM
    My son is on that fire! It is hard to listen to the news reports...it's something you just don't get used to.
    06-08-11 02:51 AM
    It's unbelievable the stupidity of some people.
    fixed that up for ya
    06-08-11 07:10 AM
    Morning Ramblers!
    Guess what I discovered this week? bedside mode on my phone! See? I have so much on my phone that I don't know I have!!! I have been sleeping on the sofa for a while because of my allergies and such and I don't have my alarm clock so I have been setting my berry. But without my contacts, I have to grab my phone and click to see the time. Not anymore. Bedside mode. Sheesh!!! Where have I been??????

It works great and I NEED it!!!
    I love my Bold!!!!
    06-08-11 07:37 AM
    I started using bedside mode recently too. I knew it was there but never really cared to turn it on until I left my sound profile on LOUD and a barrage of emails woke me up one at night around 3AM.
    06-08-11 08:21 AM
    I started using bedside mode recently too. I knew it was there but never really cared to turn it on until I left my sound profile on LOUD and a barrage of emails woke me up one at night around 3AM.
    Yes! I know what you mean, a few of the people on the BBE staff are out west and they think nothing of sending me bbm messages at 3:30 am... and once I'm awake, I'm awake for the day. So bedside mode it is!!!!
    06-08-11 08:50 AM
    My son is on that fire! It is hard to listen to the news reports...it's something you just don't get used to.
    omg Elizabeth! I hope your son stays safe! Thats not a place you want your son, daughter, etc. to be, i can't imagine the worrying your doing! I'd be out of my mind.
    06-08-11 08:51 AM
    I've never used bedside mode, I have my bb automatically set to turn off at 11pm and back on about 545am. Alot of the times, i've had it for the day with my bb and i just turn it off about 9-930pm ish.
    06-08-11 08:53 AM
    btw, Jaydee, i thought you might be amused by this Remember our lil chat here the other day about usbing to the comp to add stuff and whatnot? Well, how lazy am i, all the batex skins i just dwld from the dropbox from the browser now to avoid hooking up and getting the laaaaag! lol. Even the ones i post now, i just dwld from the drop box! LOL
    06-08-11 08:59 AM
    I love bedside mode! I have my storm set to automatically go into bedside mode when it is plugged into the charger and sets the profile to phone calls only.

Been working hard on Morph and just released another beta to my long suffering testers.

I'm hoping to hear good news reference a promotion I applied for at work which will allow me to come off of evening shifts and work days instead. Getting to actually spend time with my family and spend more time with my church fellowship will be awesome, I just pray that its in Gods will.

06-08-11 09:03 AM
    btw, Jaydee, i thought you might be amused by this Remember our lil chat here the other day about usbing to the comp to add stuff and whatnot? Well, how lazy am i, all the batex skins i just dwld from the dropbox from the browser now to avoid hooking up and getting the laaaaag! lol. Even the ones i post now, i just dwld from the drop box! LOL
    OMG Pink!!! I just did the same thing! LMAO!!!
    In fact, when I add stuff by usb or reboot, it is only taking about an hour for it to index now. Must be I removed a sufficient amount of stuff and my card is happier.

I even went to the wallpaper thread and downloaded the wallies right on my bb and they are immediately available! Woo Hoo. We are getting smarter.
    06-08-11 09:18 AM
    I hope your son stays safe, I'm sure listening the news is nerve racking. Hopefully the winds die down and they can start containing the fire.
    06-08-11 10:23 AM
    I too use bedside mode. I set it to be silent with no notification, not even phone calls. I like to have the clock showing at night so this works best for me.
    06-08-11 10:48 AM
    +1 on bedside mode. I have mine set for phone and BBM only. The only BBM contacts that I have are the wife and kids, so I don't want to miss their messages (well, MOST of the time!). If it's important, anybody else can call. All else will wait for morning.

06-08-11 02:09 PM
    I kinda feel silly for just discovering bedside mode but am glad I did. Even at work, I plop it in the charger and the clock comes on. Nice since I have had to pack everything away and have no clock on my desk for the next few weeks; nothing cept my workstation and charger...
    06-08-11 03:44 PM
    I kinda feel silly for just discovering bedside mode but am glad I did.
    Bedside mode was implemented in OS5.... welcome to 2009

......Ok.... I'm gonna run for my life now LoL!
    06-08-11 05:52 PM
23,186 ... 612613614615616 ...