Morning Ramblers!
    How weird is this? Yesterday in 18 hours, I only lost 24MB of memory!!! My phone keeps scanning and adding it back as it recovers it. Is that why they call it a smartphone?????

I've never had an OS do that before! Wow.

I changed themes 7 times yesterday, and I changed the wallpapers on those themes as well. I added probably 200 new wallpapers via usb, too. Still no great leak. What an amazing thing! Just had to share my little joy with you all.

Will check in later!
    Very cool! I really didn't think you would ever post that you didn't have a memory loss of major proportions. The Queen of memory leak is now the Queen of memory scroogedom.
    06-06-11 10:21 AM
    Jim & 99,

I know you guys are a little put off by hybrids these days, but I thought I would let you know how Kings latest is acting. First, it is the same as his V6 only it adds .115 files from the leaked OS7. I ran this for a day and it ran very nice. It was snappy and everything worked as they should. He than ask if I would try the 115 files over his V4.5 (which I think is his best work IMO). This is what I'm running now and it is absolutely fantastic! It is the best OS I have ever ran, snappy, no hourglass at all, and the battery life is the best I've had. The web browser is good as well. Anyway, just thought I would let you know.
    06-06-11 12:44 PM
    Elizabeth, if you are using something other than BB BOSS or BBSAK you might need to delete the app off your phone first.

FYI: You are not an *****. You are not the first one to get apps and their functions mixed up.
    Really Elizabeth! We are not laughing as we have all been there! Especially me!!!
    Don't worry about confusing your apps. My Zona snap was doing a watermark today and then I realized that I never re registered it after I upgraded my OS over a week ago! DOINK!
    Elizabeth, I agree. We ALL make mistake and confuse things at one time or another, trust me, i've had my dumb@ss moments for sure! And i've confused apps/functions as well! Heck, when I'm posting ss's, I sometimes forget the name of the theme or the developer and have to refer back to my index cards! How bad is that?! LOL

I'm glad you fig'd out your culprit though.
    06-06-11 12:57 PM
    Jaydee, i have a question for you, because this is really starting to get my goat lately! LOL when you usb your bb to the laptop or desktop to add batex's, or wp's, after disconnecting, does your bb's media take forever to be able to access? when i do mine, I need a good hour to let it be before i can even consider changing a wp! it drives me insane! Do you get the same thing (laggy and all)? LMK please

heck, I'd be better off adding stuff usb, then doing a 3 finger reset! At least that only takes 20 mins to index ****e and then i'm good to go!
    06-06-11 01:00 PM
    Elizabeth, I agree. We ALL make mistake and confuse things at one time or another, trust me, i've had my dumb@ss moments for sure! And i've confused apps/functions as well! Heck, when I'm posting ss's, I sometimes forget the name of the theme or the developer and have to refer back to my index cards! How bad is that?! LOL
    This got me thinking, did you guys ever make your list with pictures of BW icons?
    06-06-11 01:02 PM
    This got me thinking, did you guys ever make your list with pictures of BW icons?
    lol, no, actually we never did. I think that idea died out. BUT BA Hamilton has discovered a way to put them in order on the bb, he posted about it in the bw thread! I can't wait to do this, it drives me freakin looney that they are not in alphabetical order on my bb!
    06-06-11 01:08 PM
    Jim & 99,

I know you guys are a little put off by hybrids these days, but I thought I would let you know how Kings latest is acting. First, it is the same as his V6 only it adds .115 files from the leaked OS7. I ran this for a day and it ran very nice. It was snappy and everything worked as they should. He than ask if I would try the 115 files over his V4.5 (which I think is his best work IMO). This is what I'm running now and it is absolutely fantastic! It is the best OS I have ever ran, snappy, no hourglass at all, and the battery life is the best I've had. The web browser is good as well. Anyway, just thought I would let you know.
    Thanks, Midd. I admit that my phone has never run better than it is right now, and with an almost stock OS, too. I'm using 524 with the radio from 466. It's not quite as snappy as when I had KV4 loaded, but it would not be noticeable if I didn't know better. I've been starting to feel that OS-tug again. I'm not sure just how long I'll be able to hold off the inevitable hybrid leap again.
    06-06-11 01:16 PM
    Jim & 99,

I know you guys are a little put off by hybrids these days, but I thought I would let you know how Kings latest is acting. First, it is the same as his V6 only it adds .115 files from the leaked OS7.
    Thanks for thinking of me midd, but I've been off in droid land for a week. Staying there for awhile maybe till the 9930 releases. At least thats when I'll make a decision. I'm actually getting the hang of swype, never woulda thunk that. The screen resolution, size and speed is so nice, it might be hard to reaclimate.
    Morning Ramblers!

How weird is this? Yesterday in 18 hours, I only lost 24MB of memory!!! My phone keeps scanning and adding it back as it recovers it. Is that why they call it a smartphone?????
    Sounds strange/weird coming from you jaydee, but I'm happy your actually getting the auto memory recovery feature to work, sounds like to me.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-06-11 at 07:16 PM.
    06-06-11 07:11 PM
    Jaydee, i have a question for you, because this is really starting to get my goat lately! LOL when you usb your bb to the laptop or desktop to add batex's, or wp's, after disconnecting, does your bb's media take forever to be able to access? when i do mine, I need a good hour to let it be before i can even consider changing a wp! it drives me insane! Do you get the same thing (laggy and all)? LMK please

heck, I'd be better off adding stuff usb, then doing a 3 finger reset! At least that only takes 20 mins to index ****e and then i'm good to go!
    OMG Pink...YES! If I connect with the usb it takes about an hour and a half for the media card to be accessible...to even change a wallpaper. And also when I reboot. So it doesn't matter which I do, it takes forever. In fact, I save all my wallpaper additions till just before bedtime...AFTER I have set my theme and wallpaper for the next morning. How does it only take you 20 mins????
    06-06-11 07:20 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6386175]Hi Elizabeth! I was JW if you were able to get this sorted out with the advice Midd gave you!

I have to tell you, I dwld FileScout 14-day trial version 2.5 before purchasing, and it caused me a bit of issues also. So I deleted it. Jaydee did suggest File Manager Pro(?) i believe was the name. Jaydee, correct me if i'm wrong here, and she's had good luck with it. Just passing on a friendly suggestion

Thanks for the well wishes Pink. I have been able to sleep a bit as well. So I guess the sleepless nights caught up with both of us finally. Good thing. We are too headstrong to be walking around on NO SLEEP. God help everyone else. HAHAHAHAHA

I spoke to Elizabeth about File Manager Pro in a PM so we will see if she likes that for the zipping and unzipping. As for screen caps, she will get something else I assume.
    06-06-11 07:25 PM
    Thanks for thinking of me midd, but I've been off in droid land for a week. Staying there for awhile maybe till the 9930 releases. At least thats when I'll make a decision. I'm actually getting the hang of swype, never woulda thunk that. The screen resolution, size and speed is so nice, it might be hard to reaclimate.
    OH yeah, I know that.
    06-06-11 08:14 PM
    OMG Pink...YES! If I connect with the usb it takes about an hour and a half for the media card to be accessible...to even change a wallpaper. And also when I reboot. So it doesn't matter which I do, it takes forever. In fact, I save all my wallpaper additions till just before bedtime...AFTER I have set my theme and wallpaper for the next morning. How does it only take you 20 mins????
    Ugh! GOD! I dread usb'ing my bb when I have to do stuff during the day. Even something as simple as a bbsak backup or a dm backup will lag me! I usually do stuff 1st thing in the morn while I have coffee and the troops are off to school. Sometimes I will just put off adding stuff on so I don't have to deal with the hour long laaaaaaaggggg! I can't do it later in the evening cuz that's when everyone is using the laptop for hw, fb, pop chat, you name it! LOL

As for my indexing on reboot time, idk, mine takes about 20mins. I have 1200wps, 245(maybe more?) bw sets, 450ish batex icons and currently 33 or 34 themes. And about 4, maybe 5 apps in total. You prob have A LOT more stored on your sd card, as you've been doing the bw sets, batex skins, apps and theme thing longer than I have, so hence, your indexing will take longer. That does make sense.

Thanks for letting me know you see the same thing though! It just bugs the he!! outta me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the well wishes Pink. I have been able to sleep a bit as well. So I guess the sleepless nights caught up with both of us finally. Good thing. We are too headstrong to be walking around on NO SLEEP. God help everyone else. HAHAHAHAHA

I spoke to Elizabeth about File Manager Pro in a PM so we will see if she likes that for the zipping and unzipping. As for screen caps, she will get something else I assume.
    god help everyone else is right! Lmao! I'm a grizzly bear when sleep is deprived! don't just duck, you better run if your in my way! LOL

Glad to hear Elizabeth is sorting stuff out and trying File Manager Pro. Perhaps for her ss's she can use ZonaSnap like we do? I like it, sometimes its a PITA and I get the red X for sending the email to PB. But TG that doesn't happen often!

I may try out FMP, I'm still thinking about it myself.

06-06-11 08:26 PM
    Jim & 99,

Hi Midd, where can I find the King 4.5? I have been generally happy with my stock 524 but I would like better battery life. Thanks for your time.
    06-06-11 09:46 PM
    Morning Ramblers!

I've never had an OS do that before! Wow.

I changed themes 7 times yesterday, and I changed the wallpapers on those themes as well. I added probably 200 new wallpapers via usb, too. Still no great leak. What an amazing thing! Just had to share my little joy with you all.

Will check in later!
    Wow! I am delighted to read about your better memory Jaydee! Maybe one less headache will keep those other bugs away as you continue to get better.
    06-06-11 09:48 PM
    Glad to be back everybody after 4 days of meetings last week. Hamster, glad to read you are having a great time up north. Was 96 here today and the same tomorrow. Hey Jim, you are in Arizona, right? Are you far away and safe from the fires? Man, it looked lousy for so many based on the media reports I have seen.
    06-06-11 09:51 PM
    Hi Midd, where can I find the King 4.5? I have been generally happy with my stock 524 but I would like better battery life. Thanks for your time.
    You can find it in the hybrid section (or I can pm it to you). However, I would wait a little bit as King will be coming out with a version of it with the 7.0.0.115 files (this is what I'm beta testing).
    06-06-11 11:15 PM
    Hey Jim, you are in Arizona, right? Are you far away and safe from the fires? Man, it looked lousy for so many based on the media reports I have seen.
    Thanks for asking runkle, The fire has destroyed alot of very old pristine forest I have been in many times. Sad to see. I am currently in New Mexico and the smoke from the fires is not only here but as far east as Iowa, so they say. The smoke east of Albuquerque is so bad it's burning my eyes and I will need to most likely cut my stay here short and head to areas more north and fresher air. The fires are zero percent contained and the winds are very strong, up to 45 mph. We get forest fires every year, but this one is destined for the record books. Fortunately no loss of life as yet, just property. Started by a careless camper which makes it even harder to bear.
    06-06-11 11:51 PM
    Happy to report that I am now an official member of the File Manager Pro family and taking my screen shots with ZonaSnap. Interesting enough another person posted re Filescout issues after an update.
    06-07-11 01:29 AM
    omg Jim! That's horrible! I'm sorry to hear about the fires.....its ruins so much to the point of un-repairable for the trees, the animals and what not for years terrible shame for a careless camper TG no casualities ! Stay safe!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-07-11 at 06:29 AM.
    06-07-11 06:25 AM
    Happy to report that I am now an official member of the File Manager Pro family and taking my screen shots with ZonaSnap. Interesting enough another person posted re Filescout issues after an update.
    good for you Elizabeth!! Glad your all set up!

06-07-11 06:26 AM
    Thanks for asking runkle, The fire has destroyed alot of very old pristine forest I have been in many times. Sad to see. I am currently in New Mexico and the smoke from the fires is not only here but as far east as Iowa, so they say. The smoke east of Albuquerque is so bad it's burning my eyes and I will need to most likely cut my stay here short and head to areas more north and fresher air. The fires are zero percent contained and the winds are very strong, up to 45 mph. We get forest fires every year, but this one is destined for the record books. Fortunately no loss of life as yet, just property. Started by a careless camper which makes it even harder to bear.
    Jim,
    God bless you. Saying a prayer that you and yours will stay safe!
    06-07-11 06:27 AM
    BTW, there is new PRL out, 52297. If you want to check your PRL: open your calling screen, dial #4357*, hit send. A screen will come up with your info-just scroll to the PRL vers. to see what you have. *228 & choose opt.2 to update(for those of you that don't know).

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-07-11 at 07:35 AM.
    06-07-11 06:39 AM
    Further proof that the 9650 forums needs to be locked completely:

The 9650 cost $49 on Verizon....the same as the Palm Pre 2....oh how fall RIM has fallen.
    I still can't wrap my head around this comment!
    06-07-11 07:21 AM
    Further proof that the 9650 forums needs to be locked completely:

I still can't wrap my head around this comment!
    yea....i don't get it either!
    06-07-11 07:36 AM
23,186 ... 611612613614615 ...