Hi everybody,

Been in meetings for the past two days out of town with two more days to come. Fun. Glad to hear 524 is working well for many of you. I have also had good luck with the radio and battery life. Lots of folks here with android devices and a good number of bbs too. I have intentionally asked several folks about productivity with each phone. The majority still point to BB as a great work phone and android as a "social" phone. Battery life remains an issue for the android folks. I was surprised how many folks are saying BB is going the way of Palm in the next few years. I do agree RIM needs to step it up if it wants to hold on to a reasonable market share. Android is here to stay, but I am not convinced it is the "be all and end all" of smartphone operating systems.
    06-02-11 10:31 PM
    Stopped by the 9650 forum for a few minutes and had to leave before I started tearing my own hair out. You can always tell when devices are at EOL and on sale: tons of stupid posts.

The whole site seems to be heading that way.
    06-03-11 12:56 PM
    You are exactly right! Whiners and moaners and stupid egits.
    06-03-11 01:07 PM
    I have to agree with you both for the posts lately.....i've lost alot of interest here myself. Along with that, I've deleted ALL of my subscribed instant email threads, except for this one and Al's Bridged theme thread If someone really wants to get a hold of me about one of my ss's or what not, they can PM me!
    06-03-11 01:33 PM
    Oh shoot! Jim, BTW, if your lurking around, I wanted to thank you! The OM upgrade i did has INDEED cured the 'lazies' when typing!!! you have NO IDEAD how happy i am about that! Actually, you prob do seeing how long i ramble in posts sometimes and drive you all crazy i'm sure LOL

and Russ, thank you again too for the link as well
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-03-11 at 01:39 PM.
    06-03-11 01:35 PM
    I have to agree WRT the posts and such. I was afraid that it was just me, having lost a bit of interest and some patience since our thread was moved. It sure does appear that there is a lot more complaining and "do it for me" posts than there is a community of folks helping each other out. I learned a lot here. I certainly hope that this site (or another like it) sticks around. From the tone lately, though, I'm not sure it will be this one. Too bad. This has been fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 02:01 PM
    Jim, BTW, if your lurking around, I wanted to thank you! The OM upgrade i did has INDEED cured the 'lazies' when typing!!!
    Your welcome Pink, and Hi to the rest of the gals and guys. Those that are still coming around.
    It is kind of sad to see the demise of things around here and the enthusiasm even we all had is starting to ebb. How long has it been since any type of new BB release anyway? I've had my bold for about a year now. I see the comments regarding the 9930 release are getting people pissed off at the delays. Thats why I thought it a great time to explore other platforms. You hear alot of good and bad about anything, but the bottom line is "will it be a good fit for you". So that's what I'm up to, exploring. My 2 biggest fears of a totally touch screen device was the screen and virtual kb. I've really surprised myself with how fast those two things are becoming a non-issue.
    So, I'm glad I took some vacation time to see what else is going on in the wonderful world of devices. I really love the BB platform, but using other devices really does give one pause at the outdated-ness of it. Hopefully the new bold touch will bring some good upgrades to the table. Guess we'll see.
    Pink, glad to hear the newer om version works better for you. It really works fantastic on my "casio" touch screen and all, very smooth. Another feature I never had before was the hotspot app on the device. So cool. I'm kind of testing it and may drop it down the road as it's $20 additional/month, but it is SLICK! I'm planning on trialing the "tether" app as well to see if it works as well as on my bold.
    Also, and I find this interesting, when I killed my BB plan I noticed I still can use the wifi on it. I thought it would not be possible with no data plan, Maybe they forgot me or just haven't gotten around to pulling that plug. I dunno.
    Anyway, just stopping by to say hey, I like most of the rest learned probably 90% of what I know about BB's right here. The "rambler" thread is the best thread on CB. WE ROCK!! Have a good weekend everyone!
    06-03-11 04:29 PM
    Aw, I missed it in here! There are waaaay more pages in this thread than there was when I came here daily, but my health has taken a front seat lately. As has me wanting to throw my Bold out of the window because of the constant battery pulls. And I only have four little apps downloaded! Insane!

I missed you all though! What did I miss?
    06-03-11 07:14 PM
    Well, wait just ONE FREAKING HOT MINUTE!!!!

A visit from Jim (the TRUE Rambler these days ) and Moonlessnight, too???
    MLN girl, how you been???????

Wow! Been a long time girl! Remember the fun we had with Tourboy when this all started about one year ago today???? I bought my Bold tonight at 12 midnight exactly one year ago!!! We had such fun! Miss you too!

So how has your health been? I know you and Chitown have had some real troubles lately and while I haven't heard from Chitowngirl in a while, last I spoke with her, she was doing a bit better. Do you have some good news for us? Are you any better?

We are still hanging on around here cause we got our Baby Bolds and there are some great guys here to help you with your battery pull probs. Tell us what's going on with your Bold and you will get some good suggestions,ok? These guys are good and they're friendly!!!

Jim...don't get to loving those Droids! That's an order from the Rambling Queen!

PS Moonlessnight...do you still have OS5.0.0.699? You haven't updated your siggy or you're still running that OS. Which is it?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-03-11 at 07:34 PM.
    06-03-11 07:32 PM
    Ahaha Tourboy! Yes. I ordered mine that night too.

I sort of have good news. I finally found a competent TMJ dentist who specializes in neuromuscular health. I'll be in a mouth splint for 3 months to get me out of immediate pain and then I'll be in braces for 18 months to permanently fix the problem. They took a CT scan (which my former dentist NEVER did) and the right side of my jaw is bone on bone. There's meant to be a space between your lower and upper jaw joints so that you may talk/eat without pain and be comfortable. When I got braces, my muscles had to adapt but they didn't do so happily. So now it's pretty much "metal on metal" in car terms. On the left side, there's TOO much space to where it's almost dislocated. So they basically need to move my teeth to make my muscles comfortable again and reverse the problem. In about two years from now I should be permanently fixed! I hope

I am/was still running that OS, yes. I hated OS6 lol. But I SORT of got an iPhone today. :x I love BlackBerry, I do, but I couldn't handle it anymore. I did three battery pulls in a day about two weeks ago, and it's at LEAST once a day now. If I try to send a photo to Facebook, it would freeze up on me. It sends my texts 2-3 times to people and sometimes not at all. I got fed up with the lagging and all of that and I'm so in love with my iPhone now! If BlackBerry comes out with something amazing by the time I'm ready to upgrade again, I might go back. But for the next two years I'll be rocking my white iPhone 4

I know, I know. I went to the dark side. But it feels good
    06-03-11 07:40 PM
    It is kind of sad to see the demise of things around here and the enthusiasm even we all had is starting to ebb.
    Anyway, just stopping by to say hey, I like most of the rest learned probably 90% of what I know about BB's right here. The "rambler" thread is the best thread on CB. WE ROCK!! Have a good weekend everyone!
    Jim I will still be posting here if I have to post to myself! If the Rambler thread turns into my diary then so be it. But I will still be posting. Come by anytime. Hamster will be back from vaca, Pink is here, pcgizmo can be coaxed once in a while to say something snarky, Underway, Bob, Prince and Middbrew are all here to lend a hand when we need it. haven't seen RR lately, or Wizard. But they'll be around. Runkle stops in once in a while and so does Bad Larry. Maybe we can scare up Essex2start and Elizabeth to check in. I know Russ is around cause he's working on a great new theme. Al3azim hasn't stopped by lately, but he was working on a theme, too.

I'll be damned if I let some tools or fools run us out of business. The Queen runs this place and it will stay right here! Open for business! Welcome back if only for a while.
    06-03-11 07:43 PM
    Well MLN if you want to improve your Bold we can help. But if you would just rather use the iPhone then we can't.

Anyway, I am running OS6.0.0.524 and I never pull the battery for anything but routine maintenance. Nothing freezes or gets stuck. If you want any help with it, let us know. We'll be happy to get you on a better OS than 699 for current usage.

That's great news about your health! I hope they get you fixed up for good. You have been fighting that TMJ for a long time. Thank god they are going to do something to get you out of that pain!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 06-03-11 at 07:50 PM.
    06-03-11 07:47 PM
    Aha well I already have my iPhone activated! And at least I can download apps I tried to get a Fandango app onto my Bold and it was like, "LOL NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN." My mom wound up getting an iPhone when it came out for Verizon and I was forever on it so I'm going to stick with mine for now.

Plus with my TMJ, it's honestly an easier device for me to use. The force that I need to emit to utilize the keyboard and press the buttons puts strain on my head (like I said, my condition is pretty bad for a 21 year old so even just sitting makes me ache!) and all I need to do is swipe my finger!

I still love Crackberry though, so don't expect to get rid of me.
    06-03-11 08:02 PM
    HAHAHAHA

What's all this talk about everyone leaving? I agree I don't get on as much as when we were in the "right" place for this thread, but hey, I'm not abandoning it.

Testing out a new King hybrid. It uses .115 files. I'll report tomorrow how it is.
    06-03-11 09:11 PM
    hi moonless, sorry to hear about your tmj. I had a former wife from ages ago who had that issue to some extent. I wish you the best of results with it and a speedy recovery.
    Your avatars are improving btw.

Jim I will still be posting here if I have to post to myself! If the Rambler thread turns into my diary then so be it. But I will still be posting. Come by anytime. Hamster will be back from vaca, Pink is here, pcgizmo can be coaxed once in a while to say something snarky, Underway, Bob, Prince and Middbrew are all here to lend a hand when we need it. haven't seen RR lately, or Wizard. But they'll be around. Runkle stops in once in a while and so does Bad Larry. Maybe we can scare up Essex2start and Elizabeth to check in. I know Russ is around cause he's working on a great new theme. Al3azim hasn't stopped by lately, but he was working on a theme, too.

I'll be damned if I let some tools or fools run us out of business. The Queen runs this place and it will stay right here! Open for business! Welcome back if only for a while.
    I'll not be going anywhere permanently. Just waiting to be able to see some new RIM goodness. Bob's been in? I hadn't heard from him in awhile.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-03-11 at 10:45 PM.
    06-03-11 10:41 PM
    This is an All Points Bulletin for Bob!!!
    Where are you Bob?
    06-04-11 05:28 AM
    G'Morn Ramblers, and hello moonlessnight! we've never oficially met, but glad to see you stop by and i hope your health issues improve for you

OK guys and gals, so something really strange happened to me this morn. I was deleting a theme through Options>device>app management. I said no to reboot later because there were 2 more apps i wanted to delete first, rather than rebooting everytime, do it all in one clean sweep. SO, my device all of a suden shows a white error screen, and reboots. didn't catch the error # it went to fast. So i fig'd ok, my bb felt it should reboot itself now. No prob. Now, after deleting any type of app or theme, I always check back in my Apps Mgnmt and for themes, i check in the themes list. Well, guess what, the module for the theme was still on the list as if i could use it again!!! My head spun 360degrees! LOL SO in the themes list, i click delete figuring it was a fluke thing. It says 'module will be removed upon next reset', from there I do the 3 finger thing to reboot. GUESS WHAT?!?!? the dam theme was still there!!! Now i'm scratching my head going WTF?!? SO i said well, I'm not keeping file scout, lemme delete that and delete this damn module again, then reboot all. I did. And guess what? the theme finally deleted when i did that! I think FileScout was causing an issue with my bb as far as loading that Vry theme as well!!! Because the same day i dwld FileScout, all of a sudden, I had an issue with that theme, perhaps something with file scout and that theme didn't jive.

I know i may be ramblin here, but if any of you have FileScout and have weird issues, perhaps its from that app. This could be one of those situations where it functions ok on some devices, but for others it doesn't. And mine hap'd to be one of the ones that it doesn't really agree with? IDK.

But I think I'm gonna try to reload that theme Vry and see what happens if it'll function properly now. If i do decide to do that, I'll post back and LYK.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

btw, I had just the "trial version-14day" for filescout v. 2.5, something like that.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-04-11 at 10:22 AM.
    06-04-11 10:06 AM
    Hi P1nk,

Don't you just hate it when files don't play nicely?

I have never heard of FileScout causing a conflict with another app. But I do know not all apps are compatible with each other and it is very possible that it was the culprut that made the theme act funky. It will be interesting to hear if Vry works now.
    06-04-11 10:22 AM
    You can get most of the functionality of FileScout with their free version FileScout Lite (I think). I had it for a while and just never got around to reloading it after an OS change, but I never had any issue with it.
    06-04-11 10:34 AM
    Pink, I think I told you I use File Manager Pro and they have a 7 day trial version so you can see if you like it.

Here's the link. Try it for a while and let me know what you think. I have never had a problem with it on my device (and we all know how possessed my device is!)
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-04-11 11:30 AM
    Hi P1nk,

Don't you just hate it when files don't play nicely?

I have never heard of FileScout causing a conflict with another app. But I do know not all apps are compatible with each other and it is very possible that it was the culprut that made the theme act funky. It will be interesting to hear if Vry works now.
    You can get most of the functionality of FileScout with their free version FileScout Lite (I think). I had it for a while and just never got around to reloading it after an OS change, but I never had any issue with it.
    Pink, I think I told you I use File Manager Pro and they have a 7 day trial version so you can see if you like it.

Here's the link. Try it for a while and let me know what you think. I have never had a problem with it on my device (and we all know how possessed my device is!)
    yes Midd, i hate it when that happens. BUT i've honestly have to say, this would be the first time I've every really had an issue come up like this for me with this bb. TG! SO, next thing, is the theme working like it should now? Seems to be with a couple of glitches, idk if you have as well. here they are:
    1) when i use "u" to turn on the ocd slot, it also opens my calculator.
    2) 0 doesn't open profiles for me, it opens PW keeper every time.
    3) m doesn't give me connections, but it gives the 'messages' BUT in the top right corner where the 3G is on the theme, if you click that it gives you the 'connections' so thats fine with me.
    4) $ gives me the messages box and the universal search also pops up when i escape out of it, so i have to escape again.

Midd, do you see any of these issues? I'm gonna be posting in the Vry theme with these glitchy things but let hifx know that i can use the theme again. and that an app was causing me alot of the issues with it prior to deleting it.

the focus icon has been staying on the homescreen and whenever i choose a certain icon to click into, I goes to the appropriate app. SO i'm happy to be using this theme again! Yes, i like it that much to go thru allllll of this! LOL

Jaydee, I honestly don't rem which one you told me about, i'm sorry. But i am gonna wait it out for now. I'm just really freaked out this happened, and yes, i know its to be expected here and there.

99, i believe the filescout i was using was the lite one, it was a free 14 day trial. But, i'm not going back to it knowing it gave me an issue just to delete a theme. Thats what cued me off to something being up with that app.
    06-04-11 12:12 PM
    Pink, sounds like to use that theme effectively, you have to turn off universal search honey. Did you do that?
    06-04-11 01:27 PM
    Pink, sounds like to use that theme effectively, you have to turn off universal search honey. Did you do that?
    yep! I tried both ways, uni search on and app shortcuts on. I always have it set the homescreen app shortcuts. But it didn't make a difference. That's why I'm wondering if Midd has the same glitches I do with the app shortcuts on also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 02:04 PM
    I haven't added it back yet after installing a new hybrid (King V6+.155). So I will add it back again later and let you know. I'm going to be grilling in this beautiful 103 with a feels like 116 weather.
    06-04-11 02:42 PM
    I haven't added it back yet after installing a new hybrid (King V6+.155). So I will add it back again later and let you know. I'm going to be grilling in this beautiful 103 with a feels like 116 weather.
    Are you grilling actual food or just grilling YOURSELF?
    06-04-11 03:11 PM
23,186 ... 609610611612613 ...