ok, dwld it, and i'm having all sorts of issues with it again. i went back to my other theme. i'll set it again later when i have time and post the issues back in the VRY theme thread. Midd, IDK if you dwld the update and are seeing weird ****e again like i am. just real quick one, i cant highlight the bottom bar now to click open the dock, and even if i click my tp on the homescreen, its opening my batex app, or my tx app. it seems to have no direction the OCD slot is not with U to show and I to hide, everytime i U it to show, my calculator opens LOL (cus of my hotkeys set)

edit: changed my mind, not going to reset it later, i'm just dumpin it as jaydee suggested, its unfortunate as it does seem like a really nice theme.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-01-11 at 09:43 AM.
    06-01-11 08:57 AM
    Pink,
    just dump that theme! You have so many that work properly. Don't drive yourself crazy girl!!!

Besides, Al will have a new one out shortly!!
    06-01-11 09:07 AM
    Pink,
    just dump that theme! You have so many that work properly. Don't drive yourself crazy girl!!!

Besides, Al will have a new one out shortly!!
    i know, I'm going to jaydee, its just sad as it is a nice theme overall.

I'm anxious for Al's theme though! can't wait for that one your ss's have been lookin like some nice swagga!
    06-01-11 09:40 AM
    Midd, i'm just curious, did you dwld the update for Vry theme, and if so did you have any issues with the update too? hifx said that he/she tested on their own 9700 and there were no issues & thats why he/she couldn't understand my issues. IDK. could you LMK please thx! i'm wondering if maybe an app i have could be conflicting with it, idk.

its just really buggin me.
    06-01-11 11:29 AM
    I haven't as of yet. I will here shortly and let you know.
    06-01-11 11:40 AM
    Midd, i'm just curious, did you dwld the update for Vry theme, and if so did you have any issues with the update too? hifx said that he/she tested on their own 9700 and there were no issues & thats why he/she couldn't understand my issues. IDK. could you LMK please thx! i'm wondering if maybe an app i have could be conflicting with it, idk.

Maybe you could boot into safe mode and then load the theme? That would help isolate the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 12:01 PM

Downloaded it again and it's working fine for me now. Sorry to hear it's still not for you.
    06-01-11 12:08 PM
    I haven't as of yet. I will here shortly and let you know.
    Maybe you could boot into safe mode and then load the theme? That would help isolate the problem.

Downloaded it again and it's working fine for me now. Sorry to hear it's still not for you.
    alright. 99, i'm gonna use boot into safe mode as a last resort. I wonder, i had the theme installed, and then redlwd the update right over it and just said "yes" to replace. I wonder could that have not loaded it right for some reason. After my 'issues' this morn, i just deleted it and rebooted all together.

Ok, heres what im gonna do. i'll go back to mobi and do a fresh install, set it , reboot and see what happens. I feel really bad i had to post my issues on hifx thread if theres really nothing wrong and it just installed weird.

Il post back with what i come up with

thanks Midd and 99!
    06-01-11 12:19 PM
    I did have the issue with the first version, but not the second. Hope you get it worked out.
    06-01-11 12:32 PM
    ok, idk wtf the problem is! i did a fresh install, rebooted. i was able to click the bottom bar for the icon doc once and thats it. now i once again lost the 'focus icon' to move around on the homescreen! i dont get it! i give up im deleting it again and just calling it a day....this literally has been driving me crazy all damn day! the shortcut keys that hifx posted aren't even going where their supd to on my bb. 0 is sup to be profiles, its giving me password keeper. $ is msgs, its giving me uni search. I have my hotkeys enable for the homescreen, but idt that would matter. i alway keep those set with all my themes. Out of the 30 i have on my bb, ive never had an issue until this one. i'll just blow it away and forget about it i guess......
    06-01-11 12:36 PM
    +1 this thread and the 9650 forum in general have really slowed considerably, but that's to be expected I guess as new deivces pop up on the radar. I know my interest level in CB couldn't be any lower. All I'm really looking for are leaks for the 9650 while I still have it, and I can get those updates via tweets from N4BB.
    I agree my interest in CB is at an all time low. I'm doing the same thing checking for leaks.

06-01-11 05:36 PM
    I have straight 524 on my phone and so far it's running great!!!
    Thanks for the encouragement to update my OS. Am glad I did!!!
    06-01-11 06:13 PM
    I didn't much like straight 524, but when I reloaded it with the radio from 466, it got a whole lot better. I think this one may be a keeper until something substantially better comes along.
    06-01-11 06:46 PM
    I didn't like the 466 radio. I get better reception with and battery life with 524. I think it has a lot to do with where you are.
    06-01-11 07:05 PM
    jaydee, dare I ask how your memory leaks are since switching to 524? I still don't think I'm gonna upgrade tho, for now.
    I also just checked today, I was up to 34 themes on my bb again, and I just deleted 5. I'll be going thru again and deleting more I think. I'm just about down to a solid 5-10 that I definately use for sure, and if there's any others I want-i can dwld again from mobi or add back with bbsak.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 06-01-11 at 07:27 PM.
    06-01-11 07:23 PM
    I didn't much like straight 524, but when I reloaded it with the radio from 466, it got a whole lot better. I think this one may be a keeper until something substantially better comes along.
    I've been on the straight 524 for a couple of weeks. It's running great, battery life is wonderful, no memory leaks, no dropped calls.

06-01-11 11:13 PM
    I've been on the straight 524 for a couple of weeks. It's running great, battery life is wonderful, no memory leaks, no dropped calls.

+1. My battery life is great -- discharge rate is less than 3%/hour over the past week.
    06-02-11 12:11 AM
    My battery life has been much improved as well. Funny you mention that because I never really pay attention to battery anymore since I got the extended battery for my Baby Bold. But I have noticed that after being in diff cities around the Capital District for extended periods lately, my battery is still holding up very well.

Of course, I still have a memory leak...and being on 5 of 5 we know it's got to be the combo of apps that I somehow am STILL using. You know what? I deleted a whole buncha apps and am down to relatively few... I hate to say it, but it's almost gotta be BeWeather/BattEx/BeBuzz/QL or something like that. They are the only consistent ones. Course, I do have GPS on for Poynt...

Ah well. No one wants to strain their brain with that again! LOL
    Humor me. My new meds made me pop my eyes open at 3 am and I have been up since then!!!! But the good news is that the meds are working...to clear my ears! Not for anything else you wise guys wanna suggest! hahahahahahaha
    06-02-11 06:16 AM
    well, glad to hear everyone is getting better batt life with 524.

Jaydee, I literally have maybe 5 apps that i use on my bb as well - Batex, BeBuzz, QL, and once in a blue moon Poynt. I did dwld the trial vers of FileScout the other day, and honestly IDT i'm going to keep it. Yes it may come in handy, BUT usually i'm not far from my laptop except for when one of my kids are using it. So if i had to send a file thru email for any reason, i can just do it from the laptop. I do have a few apps that i'm going to ditch as well because i haven't used them in ages!

I'm glad to hear your meds for your ears are working, but with unfortunate side effects of no sleep thats gotta bite!
    06-02-11 07:43 AM
    Of course, I still have a memory leak...and being on 5 of 5 we know it's got to be the combo of apps that I somehow am STILL using. You know what? I deleted a whole buncha apps and am down to relatively few... I hate to say it, but it's almost gotta be BeWeather/BattEx/BeBuzz/QL or something like that. They are the only consistent ones. Course, I do have GPS on for Poynt...
    I was a little surprised about the battery life. I'd been trying hybrids because the battery lasted so much longer than the stock OS. But that stock OS has come a long way since the first leak of OS6.

As to the memory leakage, recall that many of us once suspected that your app combination was the culprit. Specifically, we thought it was your skins for BattEx and BeWeather, or at least something in the way those apps access RAM to use the skins. Whatever it is, you've learned to live with it. So I'd probably leave it alone and enjoy the phone. For all the issues you've had, it works.
    Last edited by Underway99; 06-02-11 at 09:20 AM.
    06-02-11 08:49 AM
    You know what else I'm surprised about tho Underway? I have been checking my Meterberry everyday and I find that my phone is RECOVERING memory a little at a time!!!

YES!
    MY phone is recovering memory! I see +0.9, +0.3, +0.4 etc....
    I have NEVER seen this before.
    Must be that 524 is more amenable to memory recovery on my phone!
    Cool!!!
    06-02-11 04:09 PM
    You know what else I'm surprised about tho Underway? I have been checking my Meterberry everyday and I find that my phone is RECOVERING memory a little at a time!!!

YES!
    MY phone is recovering memory! I see +0.9, +0.3, +0.4 etc....
    I have NEVER seen this before.
    Must be that 524 is more amenable to memory recovery on my phone!
    Cool!!!
    Maybe the next OS will be even better, huh? Isn't one of the 6.1/7 improvements supposed to be with memory management?

06-02-11 04:15 PM
    Hello from Toronto Ramblers!!

Having a great time, but I do miss my CB time...We are always on to go, and I got this data plan for Canada but it's only 75mb so I have to limit myself, which is very hard to do Miss you guys and posting my ss

Weather here is hot one day winter the next, c'est la vie...Managed to go to a Jays game which we lost terribly, but it was fun anyway...

Thx Jaydee for sending me the link to Al's new theme...it rocks! I'm loving it.

Straight 524 is working great for me, as well and I also see small amount on memory recovery, which is a nice change I like this new upgrade so far.
    And radio works fine...

Alright folks...I'll try and check in soon...Be good and behave
    06-02-11 06:36 PM
    Hi hamster! Nice to hear your having a great time!
    Forget about here for the time being and enjoy your life on vacay girl! we'll still be here when you get back

Al's new theme is absolutely awesome without a doubt.

See ya soon gf!

06-02-11 08:02 PM
    Hello from Toronto Ramblers!!

Having a great time, but I do miss my CB time...We are always on to go, and I got this data plan for Canada but it's only 75mb so I have to limit myself, which is very hard to do Miss you guys and posting my ss

Weather here is hot one day winter the next, c'est la vie...Managed to go to a Jays game which we lost terribly, but it was fun anyway...

Thx Jaydee for sending me the link to Al's new theme...it rocks! I'm loving it.

Straight 524 is working great for me, as well and I also see small amount on memory recovery, which is a nice change I like this new upgrade so far.
    And radio works fine...

Alright folks...I'll try and check in soon...Be good and behave
    Good to hear you are have a good time. A Jays game? Now that's got to be fun win or lose!
    06-02-11 08:04 PM
23,186 ... 608609610611612 ...