Oh, by the way, if you root your Nook, you can load THEMES!
    HAHA!!! Funny you should say that because the first thing I did was to find wallpapers for my Nook and sideload them on and change my wallpaper every morning!
    LMAO!!!
    05-31-11 06:20 AM
    morning Ramblers! Holiday weekend was nice with celebrations and bbq's hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well!

Now, I have a question for you guys. My bb has succeeded to confuzzle me! Lol. I had a batex file that I wanted to share with someone, and from my bb, I opened an email, and chose to attach a file. Found my way thru to the batex folder I wanted, but it would only allow me to open in and choose one of the 26 png images, not the whole file
    BUT if I went into my BW sets, I was able to choose one, but it exceeded maximum amt file size that could be sent.

SOOO, is that normal that I can't choose the batex file from my bb to send, that it will only allow me to open it and send just a png image???
    Sheesh, I'd have to go thru and choose all 26 separately!

Any feedback from someone would be great thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 06:38 AM
    morning Ramblers! Holiday weekend was nice with celebrations and bbq's hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well!

Now, I have a question for you guys. My bb has succeeded to confuzzle me! Lol. I had a batex file that I wanted to share with someone, and from my bb, I opened an email, and chose to attach a file. Found my way thru to the batex folder I wanted, but it would only allow me to open in and choose one of the 26 png images, not the whole file
    BUT if I went into my BW sets, I was able to choose one, but it exceeded maximum amt file size that could be sent.

SOOO, is that normal that I can't choose the batex file from my bb to send, that it will only allow me to open it and send just a png image???
    Sheesh, I'd have to go thru and choose all 26 separately!

Any feedback from someone would be great thx!

Pink,
    You are correct. You can attach a BeWeather file because it is ONE bwi file. But a BattEX is a FOLDER and you can't attach folders...even on a computer...unless you zip them. Now on your berry, can you zip up the battex and then attach? That it should allow you to do!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
    05-31-11 07:09 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!!!!!

I'm off to Toronto this morning I hope everyone has a great week.
    I'll try and get on as much as possible _ I'm going to have withdrawals lol!

I change WP on my nook also! But have not gotten around to rooting it yet. Is it easy to do?

Girls...keep me informed of any new themes...don't want to miss out:eek

Pink..I just installed filescout the free version and it should allow you to zio the folder on your bb and send...

Alright - got to go and get ready and head for the airport soon!
    Bye for now!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-31-11 07:24 AM
    Pink,
    You are correct. You can attach a BeWeather file because it is ONE bwi file. But a BattEX is a FOLDER and you can't attach folders...even on a computer...unless you zip them. Now on your berry, can you zip up the battex and then attach? That it should allow you to do!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
    ok, thanks jaydee! I thought there was something funky going on with my bb LOL. I just read hamsters post for "file scout" so i will check that out. Wheew...that would be sooooo much easier at times to send a zip'd file from the bb rather than having to rely on the laptop ALL the time to send stuff via dropbox.

OH! i just thought of something too! Dropbox has an app for bb......i wonder i'll have to look into that.

I change WP on my nook also! But have not gotten around to rooting it yet. Is it easy to do?

Pink..I just installed filescout the free version and it should allow you to zio the folder on your bb and send...

Bye for now!
    Hamster, have a great, safe trip! I'll check out file scout, thanks for that info!

If any new themes come up, we'll LYK!
    05-31-11 08:02 AM
    ok, silly question where can i find "file scout" i did a search on Mobi cuz thats where i buy all my apps from, and nothing came up
    05-31-11 08:35 AM
    ok, silly question where can i find "file scout" i did a search on Mobi cuz thats where i buy all my apps from, and nothing came up
    Its under filescout one word...try that
    05-31-11 08:37 AM
    Pink,
    Here's the link for File Scout. I use File Manager Pro. Same type pf app.
    FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager on BlackBerry Empire App Superstore
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-31-11 08:37 AM
    Pink,
    Here's the link for File Scout. I use File Manager Pro. Same type pf app.
    FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager on BlackBerry Empire App Superstore
    thx Jaydee, and i'm a dumb @$$, i seperated the word file scout instead of leaving it as "filescout" D'OH!
    05-31-11 08:40 AM
    thx Jaydee, and i'm a dumb @$$, i seperated the word file scout instead of leaving it as "filescout" D'OH!
    No you're not Pink, cos I looked it up under two words...and found it! So no problem!!!!
    We're both a little tipsy this morning????
    05-31-11 08:42 AM
    No you're not Pink, cos I looked it up under two words...and found it! So no problem!!!!
    Too many guns this weekend?

05-31-11 09:27 AM

Bye for now!
    I made a few notes for JayDee Saturday afternoon. Here's the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/ess...ml#post6366912

If you can follow basic instructions, you can do this. And it's all reversible. Think of it like loading a hybrid on your Bold.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-31-11 at 09:53 AM.
    05-31-11 09:47 AM
    Too many guns this weekend?

Waaaaayyyyyyy too many guns and tonic this weekend!!!
    05-31-11 10:03 AM
    Hey Ramblers, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I hang with a rather large group of folks who are all trying to better their lots in life and we all help and support each other in that process. Many are vets and we had a fantastic picnic get together yesterday. So many great folks in this world, yet it seems the bad ones get all the press which makes the stats look skewed. Seeing these people helping each other is one of life's sweet spots.

This rambler forum really feels like a second home for me and I'm not going any place other than to test drive some new wheels. I'm at the 1 year lull point and feeling like now's the time to see what else is going on in the wonderful world of devices before the new models come out from RIM.
    I have a casio "commando" ordered that is due to arrive in a couple days. It is android. It is also one of the few "ruggedized" devices available to the general public. Built to military specifications or so they say. In any case it impressed me enough to give it a go. It's going to be nice to have a tough, well built device I don't have to constantly worry about babying. I also knew I had to test a droid os before I either wrote it off completely or maybe actually end up liking it. I've tested many before in-store only and found them kind of strange and over sensitive to the touch. Also another big downside for me was the flimsy build quality. If you sat down with it in your pocket it seemed like it would snap in half. This phone is light enough, rubberized all around, good around moisture, can actually fall into water,dirt,drops, and comes with real scratch proof glass for a screen.
    It is less sensitive(touch wise) than the others which for me will be a good thing. Battery life is reported to be better than the others. Comes with alot a backcountry stuff I can use on my off roading trips. I'm also anxious to test out the hot spot option.
    So, I'm going to leave the BB platform long enough to either get the hang of it or flat out return it in the 2 week grace period. We'll see. I'm hoping to like it.
    I checked out the new wp7 trophy and found it is not ready for prime time. To many things lacking still. Kind of like the playbook it was taken out of the oven before it was fully baked' I may check it out when the "mango" update is released later this fall. I was a huge winmo fan before I came back to BB a year ago. The mango update is supposed to make this the "in" device to have. Guess time will tell.
    I'm very excited to get a look at the new bold touch, but will be exploring other possibilities while I'm waiting for it to be released. It may be just the thing I'm waiting for. My current bold really does what I need, (but the specs are really getting dated) but then I see the droid browser and what it can do and on a bigger screen and I'm just flat out amazed. Flash works on it exquisitely. I like that feature. The touch screen on the casio is better because of the build specs it is less sensitive. This is good for me. The vertual kb is what it is and I will have to get used to it. I will really miss the bb kb for sure.
    So I've rambled long enough. Just wanted to see what else is out there and thought this is a good time to do it between RIM releases. I've not given up on BB, just on hiatas. My bold is available for sale and I will give any of the ramblers a smokin' deal. I don't need it anymore because I def will not be back on a BB until the 9930 is available. It has several charging pods(4) I think that I won't be able to use so they come with it. The track pad as I've said previously is peeling, but that's the only thing wrong with it. It has the 1700 seidio extended and the oem battery also. PM if interested.
    That;s it, I'll be around and pop in occasionally to chat or comment. I think alot of the old regulars have fallen away from being regular since we were sent to rehab. I expect a whole slew of new folks will start up when the bold touch is released. I trust the Queen and her court of ladies will keep the "rambler" thread from falling into the archives. The guys need a place to pop into every so often.
    So, I'm off to test drive the new stuff. But I'm not gone. No more bbm, but pm will work. I'll be around. FWIW
    ciao all
    Jim
    05-31-11 11:04 AM
    Good Luck Jim!
    Hope you find what you're looking for!
    Stop by and visit us when you can and let us know how the new phone is working out!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-31-11 at 11:37 AM.
    05-31-11 11:35 AM
    lmao! ok, well your computer likes you better than my laptop like me then! LOL

and TY Hamster

I did dlwd the free 14(?) day trial and tested by zipping a batex and sending it from the bb and it worked fine! So, as little as i may use it, I still think its worth the $4.99 its on sale for as of now.

ty for the help girls much appreciated
    05-31-11 01:35 PM
    awww Jim, we will miss having you around all the time, but it will be nice to have you drop in now and again to say hello and how going 'commando' is LOL! Good luck with the new device and enjoy your time with it See ya soon! and don't be a stranger!
    05-31-11 01:42 PM
    hi everyone! just a quick stop in, I just dwld a free theme called Vry by hifxdesign, and wow, i love it! you may want to check it out

Vry-free theme
    05-31-11 04:21 PM
    hi everyone! just a quick stop in, I just dwld a free theme called Vry by hifxdesign, and wow, i love it! you may want to check it out

Vry-free theme
    Thanks for the tip P1nk. I was just over at BBE and so it there and downloaded. Very nice theme.
    05-31-11 08:48 PM
    Midd, you dwld this theme also? I just posted here in the theme forum. I started having a prob with it. You can go there to read about my issue as it is looOoong winded!

Is it running ok on your bb?

05-31-11 08:51 PM
    thks Midd, I just saw your post in the Vry theme thread. At first I thought my bb had an issue. I'm relieved to know for sure its not my bb! Wheeeeew!

05-31-11 09:09 PM
    Yeah, not just you P1nk. It's an issue with the theme.Hope they get it fixed soon as I really like it.
    05-31-11 09:14 PM
    I think alot of the old regulars have fallen away from being regular since we were sent to rehab. I expect a whole slew of new folks will start up when the bold touch is released. I trust the Queen and her court of ladies will keep the "rambler" thread from falling into the archives. The guys need a place to pop into every so often.
    So, I'm off to test drive the new stuff. But I'm not gone. No more bbm, but pm will work. I'll be around. FWIW
    ciao all
    Jim
    +1 this thread and the 9650 forum in general have really slowed considerably, but that's to be expected I guess as new deivces pop up on the radar. I know my interest level in CB couldn't be any lower. All I'm really looking for are leaks for the 9650 while I still have it, and I can get those updates via tweets from N4BB.

Pink, I tried the Vintage by Cocky Culture - Yesterday's swagger on today's BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com theme, and give it a "meh" overall. Looks nice, but it's kind of difficult to navigate around the homescreen. I'm glad it didn't pay for it ( a big thanks to the theme fairy!!!)
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-01-11 at 07:37 AM.
    06-01-11 07:35 AM
    Yeah, not just you P1nk. It's an issue with the theme.Hope they get it fixed soon as I really like it.
    hi midd, hifx just posted with an update to fix the theme bug. I'm dwlding and replacing now. I'll be setting it up in about 10 mins or so and hopefully all will be good! So just in case your interested in re-dwling the updated version, as it is a very nice theme. OH! and hifx also added a bunch of shortcut keys as well! check out the original post for the list

06-01-11 08:23 AM
    +1 this thread and the 9650 forum in general have really slowed considerably, but that's to be expected I guess as new deivces pop up on the radar. I know my interest level in CB couldn't be any lower. All I'm really looking for are leaks for the 9650 while I still have it, and I can get those updates via tweets from N4BB.

Pink, I tried the Vintage by Cocky Culture - Yesterday's swagger on today's BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com theme, and give it a "meh" overall. Looks nice, but it's kind of difficult to navigate around the homescreen. I'm glad it didn't pay for it ( a big thanks to the theme fairy!!!)
    hey Paul! yea, i saw that theme too, and while it does look nice, i did foresee that getting around on the homescreen could be difficult, so i passed on it. I didn't ask the theme fairy for this one LOL

also, its not wp friendly IDT, so thats another reason too.
    06-01-11 08:25 AM
23,186 ... 607608609610611 ...