Did they really give you ANOTHER opportunity to upgrade to a phone you already use? Lucky!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A) I've been eligible to upgrade since Feb 17 2011

B) I've owned my Bold 9650 since June 18 2010
    05-27-11 03:36 PM
    A) I've been eligible to upgrade since Feb 17 2011

B) I've owned my Bold 9650 since June 18 2010
    Ha, sounds like they want to get you to renew pretty bad to make that "sweet" offer.
    05-27-11 03:55 PM
    lmao Paul, I was wondering why you posted that

05-27-11 04:04 PM
    OK, i took the plunge and am upgrading as I type this.
    I am very nervous that everything won't go back on but I can always hope. I have all my backups and well...here goes nothing!
    Underway?????? Underway????????
    Jim??? Are you guys out there? Is anyone out there in case I have to ask for help???
    05-27-11 08:34 PM
    I'm here FWIW. How's it going so far?
    05-27-11 08:52 PM
    So far without a hitch.
    Straight 524 but I shrunk it to bits! lol
    Apploader putting things back. BBGroups takes f***ing forever!!!!!
    WHY is that????
    05-27-11 08:54 PM
    U kidding? I bet you have a ton of bbm contacts. I have like 5.
    05-27-11 08:57 PM
    So far without a hitch.
    Straight 524 but I shrunk it to bits! lol
    Apploader putting things back. BBGroups takes f***ing forever!!!!!
    WHY is that????
    I'm here LOL.
    But yeah, BB groups took forever!!
    And Jaydee....I've noticed something and I hope I don't jinx it, but my memory leaks seem to have slowed down....
    I shrunk whatever I could too, lol....
    05-27-11 09:13 PM
    After everything loaded, I started registering my apps. I started with BeBuzz. And then it said Please wait, creating groups. Well, I waited 10 minutes and yanked the battery. F that ****e. I got themes to arrange, apps to register etc. I might just delete the group altogether. I really don't care about them at all. They are the last thing I care to have. And I have 4 now and they SUCK memory.

Oh, by the way, I used BBHybrid Tools and shrunk out the opening vids and the wallpapers.
    05-27-11 09:22 PM
    After everything loaded, I started registering my apps. I started with BeBuzz. And then it said Please wait, creating groups. Well, I waited 10 minutes and yanked the battery. F that ****e. I got themes to arrange, apps to register etc. I might just delete the group altogether. I really don't care about them at all. They are the last thing I care to have. And I have 4 now and they SUCK memory.

Oh, by the way, I used BBHybrid Tools and shrunk out the opening vids and the wallpapers.
    Hmmm what group are you talking about? BBM groups? It took long during the restore process but, after reboot, I didn't have a problem.

I tried to shrink out the video again, and apparently it did. WP too. So I don't know wtf is going on with that. Whatever. How much mem did you start with then?
    05-27-11 09:28 PM
    I can't do anything.
    It just say Please wait, creating group.

I can't hit esc or close it or register anything or check options or bbm or anything.

Any ideas? I want to start reregistering my apps and checking my bbm contacts and stuff.
    05-27-11 09:30 PM
    I pulled the batt again.
    I am going directly to bbm and am deleting my groups. This must be the problem.

If I want back in, I will ask someone to add me back.
    05-27-11 09:35 PM
    All my BBM contact names came back...all 65 of them. But all the pics are wrong. And even tho I backed up remotely before I upgraded, it tells me the remote accounts are not associated with any BBM whatever. Some crap. Why do my BBM contacts always get messed up?

I had a back up on my card so I loaded that but I have no idea if it will work.

Here I go looking for pin numbers again for all my contacts.
    05-27-11 09:43 PM
    I pulled the batt again.
    I am going directly to bbm and am deleting my groups. This must be the problem.

If I want back in, I will ask someone to add me back.
    When I re-registered for bebuzz, it did take a few min with the please wait thing, but then it was fine
    Well i hope deleting the groups will help
    05-27-11 09:43 PM
    All my BBM contact names came back...all 65 of them. But all the pics are wrong. And even tho I backed up remotely before I upgraded, it tells me the remote accounts are not associated with any BBM whatever. Some crap. Why do my BBM contacts always get messed up?

I had a back up on my card so I loaded that but I have no idea if it will work.

Here I go looking for pin numbers again for all my contacts.
    Did you try restore from DM? IDK Jaydee...I had 30 contacts and they all came back correctly.
    05-27-11 09:45 PM
    I only have a few but I understand it makes some sense to take longer the more bbm contacts you have. As for those skewed up pics maybe they will straighten out in a little more time.
    05-27-11 09:50 PM
    OK after restoring from my card backup, my BBM pics are coming in correctly. So that's good news.

Now I have to redownload Quick Launch as that disappeared.
    F****
    I am missing some other apps as well. But right now, I am so angry about QL and having to reboot every two minutes that I can't even figure out what they are. Am going to install by cods again....
    05-27-11 10:00 PM
    Hamster or Jim, can one of you bbm me to see if it is working?

I had to pull the batt again as it tried the recovering groups thing.
    I don't know where to delete them.
    I haven't registered any apps yet because this thing won't give me control of my device.
    05-27-11 10:12 PM
    Hmmm....everything is better while drinking pina coladas!
    Jim was right! Break out the ole beverage!

So I re-downloaded my apps that didn't get re-installed. They are the ones I downloaded by cods in the first place. Weird cause OTA stuff worked fine. But not cods. Happens every time. I should expect it.

Re-registered almost everything so far...about 14 apps.
    Themes...all made the upgrade.
    Seems faster.
    Except Opera Mini. So laggy and slow I may ditch it.
    05-27-11 10:59 PM
    Download the new opera mini jaydee if you have not tried it. I think it's snappier plus no text lagginess.
    05-27-11 11:26 PM
    Sorry I missed the fun, JayDee. You said something about "...the wee small hours of Friday Night...". It's just past 10 here. It won't be anywhere near small hours here for some time.
    05-28-11 12:15 AM
    So I finished at 1:30 and it only took me 4 hours to put my phone back together. I guess Apploader does not recognize apps installed thru cods because all of them were erased and not put back on.

My themes made it back on except the one added by...you guessed it...cods.

QL was MIA so I re-downloaded.
    My BBM restored but all the pics were old ones and so were the status messages. Instead of waiting, I panicked and tried to restore from remote email. Even tho BEFORE the upgrade it said that all my accounts were registered, it told me I had not remote email associated with that BBM identity or something. So I used the backup from my card which worked like a charm. Thank god.

Then I got a drink.

Several other apps were left off...File Manager Pro and ActionPad. So I fired up BBSAK and put them back.

BBHybrid Tools removed the locked wallpapers for me and the stoopid opening video. So that was cool. Like everyone else, I start with more memory and am going to be deleting themes to save even more.

Leak? Oh I still got that. Not to worry. 20MB in 2 hours this am already. But that is something I rarely think about till my phone gets funky and I look to see that it's dropped to below 160MB.

All my device data seemed ok except my WLAN. I couldn't connect to my AP in my house for some reason. I used my DM backup, selectively restored the WLAN stuff and bingo...back on and working fine.

I didnot fnd out where to delete groups but somehow, I am deleted from all of them.

I have to find Russ to invite me back to GreyMatter and Hamster...ask Andy or Pattye to invite me back to the Screenies group?
    05-28-11 07:04 AM
    Sorry I missed the fun, JayDee. You said something about "...the wee small hours of Friday Night...". It's just past 10 here. It won't be anywhere near small hours here for some time.
    No problem Underway! You saved yourself some grief! Besides, it all worked out. Except photobucket doesn't work...but that's prob a web thing. Eh. At least OM is better. Was gonna delete it last night!

05-28-11 07:34 AM
    Glad to hear your getting back to almost normal jaydee. I lost some more of my trackpad coating this morning. Flaked off, I felt it go. Grrrrr!! Now I'm hearing the 9930 is delayed maybe till fall. Grrrr!!
    05-28-11 09:40 AM
    Oops Jim! Use the jaydee method of coping....
    bottom's up!
    05-28-11 12:52 PM
23,186 ... 605606607608609 ...