Hi everyone,

Jaydee, I will be checking out this thread on a regular basis for the same reasons others have shared. I came here when I first got a Bold and am still learning. The best part of this thread is the patience and support all of you give each other and the new folks like me. When I make a dumb mistake or misspeak, you get me back on track without pulling out the "***** card".

My contract with Alltel is up in July and Verizon will finally get my market in Sept. That is the only reason I am looking at the 9930 when it comes out. I also would like a bigger screen and keyboard.

My thanks again to underway and cbreze for your help in considering a radio change in my 524 install. So far I have not made the change because I have not had any problems. Time will tell if I need to change my mind.
    05-25-11 01:07 PM
    Yay Runkle!!!
    Glad you will be around too!
    I will be able to upgrade in Feb and if the 9930 is the newest BB out, I might just be going with it myself. Then I will have to join a new thread in rehab for the 9930 people and keep this one going for the 9650 folks....

So if you all get there before I do, start a new thread!!!
    05-25-11 01:11 PM
    Hi everyone...I've been a bit busy too, but am still here and don't plan on going anywhere else. I have had so much help here and well yes, this is my family

I'm on the fence about upgrading as well, not because it take too long, but because I'm really not having issues with 431 except for the mem leaks, but I've learned to live with that and I can't figure it out so eh no matter.

And just general heebie jeebies that something might go wrong

Now I have a question...I've backed up, bbsak'd everything...checked all I want on BB Boss to shrink off...now what's the next step? I've never shrunk anything before....
    05-25-11 01:18 PM
    OK Jim, here are the answers:
    I deleted a whole buncha stuff from my storage card so it only take and hour and a half after I reboot to be able to use my media folder. Why? I dunno. Auto recover memory? I have tried it before but it doesn't recover anything. The number never goes up. Only down.

Wipe before loading? no I don't anymore. I will use apploader and it SHOULD put back everything. Except once in a while my OTA stuff is not put back and well, that would be all my themes. All 35 of them. If they go back, great! If not, I'm gonna be having quite a large gun and tonic...and a scream or two!
    Thanks for the explanatory, It would seem to me as I'm sure you've already figured out, your bold has a mind of it's own in that it responds and acts differently from others in certain ways. That said, maybe your a better candidate for a shiny new 9930 than you think. I know touch screen and full cash price, but just sayin' you may need a better device to do what you need to do with it. When I do get a new 9930 I doubt I'd ever be able to regress back to the 9650 even if the new bold was destroyed, I'd get a replacement first, so I'll have a good (9650)bold up for grabs with special considerations given to forum friends. Again just sayin'. Slightly peeling tp is the only issue.
    I have no clue why your themes don't restore as my ota's always do. I have a couple tho and you have tons, still it should work, no? Maybe it's your device, oops, again the need for something newer/better rears it's head.
    In any case with your issues regarding any upgrade I've revised my opinion. If your baby's working as fine as possible and your ok with it then don't fix what ain't broke.
    EDIT: forgot to mention my theory as to why your auto mem recovery doesn't work as it should. It is extremely over whelmed by the shear volume of mem leak on your bold. It can't keep up. I'm serious.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-25-11 at 01:37 PM.
    05-25-11 01:35 PM
    Hi everyone...I've been a bit busy too, but am still here and don't plan on going anywhere else. I have had so much help here and well yes, this is my family

I'm on the fence about upgrading as well, not because it take too long, but because I'm really not having issues with 431 except for the mem leaks, but I've learned to live with that and I can't figure it out so eh no matter.

And just general heebie jeebies that something might go wrong

Now I have a question...I've backed up, bbsak'd everything...checked all I want on BB Boss to shrink off...now what's the next step? I've never shrunk anything before....
    Hey Hamster, it is just like you did when you shrunk the stuff off your phone, only you are doing it before putting it on there. After you shrink it you can load it up on your phone and your good to go.
    05-25-11 09:13 PM
    I too am not going to leave our little community anytime soon. If anything, now that we have been sent to the dungeon, this is more of a place to stop by and hang our hats for a little chat and help each other. Anyway, we no longer cater to just (or mostly) the 9650.
    05-25-11 09:17 PM
    Hey Hamster, it is just like you did when you shrunk the stuff off your phone, only you are doing it before putting it on there. After you shrink it you can load it up on your phone and your good to go.
    Thanks Midd.. how do I shrink it, I mean what do I choose..I don't see it
    And then do I run apploader and load it from there?
    05-25-11 09:25 PM
    Thanks Midd.. how do I shrink it, I mean what do I choose..I don't see it
    And then do I run apploader and load it from there?
    It will be the button that says Modify OS on Disk. Yes, then run apploader.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-25-11 11:53 PM
    Going to load KV6 in the morning. it has a bunch of the 576 files and a bunch of the OS7 files. I'm using the 524 radio, as it seems to work best for me.
    05-25-11 11:59 PM
    Going to load KV6 in the morning. it has a bunch of the 576 files and a bunch of the OS7 files. I'm using the 524 radio, as it seems to work best for me.
    I'll be interested to hear your impressions of it. I didn't see it available yet so I'm thinking your in the inner circle of testers.
    05-26-11 01:31 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

Hamster??? Did you load a new OS already? Wow!!! You're adventurous!
    I am still afraid to do anything with mine. I am kinda enjoying the fact that it works (leaks, but works).
    Good for you!!!

Midd, so you are using the radio from the 524 version and you have no complaints? If I load the official, I am going to keep that radio too, I believe.
    05-26-11 08:30 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers!

Hamster??? Did you load a new OS already? Wow!!! You're adventurous!
    I am still afraid to do anything with mine. I am kinda enjoying the fact that it works (leaks, but works).
    Good for you!!!

Midd, so you are using the radio from the 524 version and you have no complaints? If I load the official, I am going to keep that radio too, I believe.
    Lol, not yet, Jaydee...I'm all ready though Just have to click...I'm keeping the radio as well. But, I'm still kind of nervous
    I'm close, very close...
    05-26-11 08:34 AM
    I'll be interested to hear your impressions of it. I didn't see it available yet so I'm thinking your in the inner circle of testers.
    Yes, it is in beta right now. I'm backing up and loading it as I type. I'll let you know how it runs.
    05-26-11 09:12 AM
    Lol, not yet, Jaydee...I'm all ready though Just have to click...I'm keeping the radio as well. But, I'm still kind of nervous
    I'm close, very close...
    Hamster, I'll be here and on BBM for a while if you need any help.
    05-26-11 09:14 AM
    I'm gonna do it!!! Just backing up first then...wish me luck..

Oh and Midd...stay close by please
    05-26-11 09:14 AM
    Hamster, I'll be here and on BBM for a while if you need any help.
    LOL, you beat me to it...Thanks!
    05-26-11 09:15 AM
    Good morning rambletopians!

I see everyone is busy hybriding (is that a word?) up their 9650's. I've been running a new version of lyricadals 9550 hybrid for a few weeks now and am really happy with it. No memory leaks, no reboots or apps that don't work. The updated opera mini that came out recently is nice too as the typing lag has gone. It used to get slower and slower the more I typed into a post. Loving the berryweather beta too. Anyone else having an issue with the bw iconset resetting to default every time you adjust the homescreen wallpaper settings?

I'm planning on releasing a test version of morph this evening. Its still a bit crude but functional enough to get some feedback from my testers. If any other ramblers are interested with helping out with testing on the 9650 OS6 (and compatible) please pm me with your pin and ill add you to the testing bbm group.

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 09:28 AM
    05-26-11 09:29 AM
    Started
    Que the shark theme from Jaws ...
    05-26-11 09:41 AM
    Whoa! There's an updated opera mini out? If the typing fubar is fixed Pink will love that upgrade. The Queen of super long post quotes
    05-26-11 09:48 AM
    Que the shark theme from Jaws ...
    Now that's funny.
    05-26-11 09:51 AM
    que the shark theme from jaws ...
    now that's funny.
    lmao!!!:d:d:d:d
    05-26-11 10:00 AM
    Good morning rambletopians!

I see everyone is busy hybriding (is that a word?) up their 9650's. I've been running a new version of lyricadals 9550 hybrid for a few weeks now and am really happy with it. No memory leaks, no reboots or apps that don't work. The updated opera mini that came out recently is nice too as the typing lag has gone. It used to get slower and slower the more I typed into a post. Loving the berryweather beta too. Anyone else having an issue with the bw iconset resetting to default every time you adjust the homescreen wallpaper settings?

I'm planning on releasing a test version of morph this evening. Its still a bit crude but functional enough to get some feedback from my testers. If any other ramblers are interested with helping out with testing on the 9650 OS6 (and compatible) please pm me with your pin and ill add you to the testing bbm group.

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Russ...yeah I'm going to straight 524 (shrunk)...As for BW, yes it does that..no way around it I'm afraid

I'll send you my pin
    05-26-11 10:02 AM
    Whoa! There's an updated opera mini out? If the typing fubar is fixed Pink will love that upgrade. The Queen of super long post quotes
    Me too!!!!
    05-26-11 10:03 AM
    Hamster, where did you get the BerryWeather with all the beach umbrellas? Which one is that? And why don't I have it?

Or is it just because we have no sun here?
    05-26-11 10:09 AM
23,186 ... 603604605606607 ...