Where do I find 466?

Runkle, to swap radio files you have to install BOTH OS files...both 524 and 466 (on your PC).
    Then you take the sfi file from the 466 install and replace the one that's in 524. It should be in the CDMA folder if I remember correctly.
    05-23-11 11:02 AM
    Thanks Jaydee. I tried looking for the 466 os but could not find it when I did a crackberry search. It was removed according to one post. As an alternative, I have been reading up on the King 3.1.2 hybrid. Apparently it can be loaded over the top of the 524 os and I believe it contains the 466 radio. The funny thing is, one of the other hybrid developers (SCrid) said the 466 radio "sucks". So who knows. Sounds like it may work well for some and not as well for others.
    05-23-11 11:39 AM
    That's how I did it runkle. Install both 466+524 open 524 from shared files, delete the cdma folder. Then open 466 and copy it to the 524. Done. I delete 466 after this before running app loader.
    Jaydee, I found a 466 just by googling. It took some trial and erro as some files had been removed from diff sites.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-23-11 12:52 PM
    Try this link for 466
    Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

EDIT: Might be best to grab it just to have in case. These seem to be hard to come by.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-23-11 at 01:27 PM.
    05-23-11 01:19 PM
    There are a lot of links in the Fixes and Findings thread. The MegaUpload link still works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-583443/
    05-23-11 01:28 PM
    There are a lot of links in the Fixes and Findings thread. The MegaUpload link still works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-583443/
    Cool then, I saw alot of removals at alot of hosting sites. Good to know.
    05-23-11 01:30 PM
    Pretty quiet in here you could hear a pin drop. Any ramblin' gals up to the 524 yet? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no as the quiet does speak for itself
    05-24-11 12:45 PM
    Pretty quiet in here you could hear a pin drop. Any ramblin' gals up to the 524 yet? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no as the quiet does speak for itself
    With the exception of that theme/skin discussion over the weekend, it's been quiet here for a few days now. Nobody seems to stumble into this thread anymore.
    05-24-11 01:02 PM
    I figured it was pretty much doomed to slow down. Nothing lasts forever. When the 9930 releases another blow will be dealt. I'm sure it will mosey along with a post pop up here and there. I wonder if 1000+ pages is a record for longest thread, not even counting the missing pages. I'm really ready for the 9930. Bring it on I say!
    05-24-11 01:20 PM
    You might well be right. I'm sure that we can start over with a new thread in the 9930 forum.
    05-24-11 01:35 PM
    Hi Jim. Nope, i'm not on 524 and as of now, i have no intentions of upgrading. 431 is running nicely for me so i'll stay put for a while
    i've been quite busy the past few days..........
    05-24-11 05:57 PM
    Hey 99, I see an os-7 has leaked. I wonder if the hybrid artists will jump on that anytime soon and if it's even feasible to put some of those cods files on a 9650. Funny a 7 leak before a 7 phone release.
    05-24-11 06:43 PM
    i've been quite busy the past few days.
    Pink, you got your priorities skewed up. BB's and crackberry first then the rest of life's issues
    05-24-11 06:45 PM
    Hey 99, I see an os-7 has leaked. I wonder if the hybrid artists will jump on that anytime soon and if it's even feasible to put some of those cods files on a 9650. Funny a 7 leak before a 7 phone release.
    I'm sure we'll see some of those files soon, but not the decent apps like the new browser. It'll probably be back-end stuff that may not make a big difference in how the OS runs. Recall when the hybrid guys were starting to put 6.1.X.X files into their hybrids? And how most of us really saw no remarkable improvement? As I recall, you had issues with the 6.1 files, didn't you? I just didn't load them until the kinks were worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 06:55 PM
    Yep, I had issues with the first 6.1 hybrid then the 2nd was a lot better. I'd be hesitant to mess with what I have now(466/524)as it is working better than anything else right now. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this leak tho.
    05-24-11 07:12 PM
    Hi guys! I have been busy as well for a few days!
    I had to get my nails done yesterday, and my hair done today, and there was work thrown into the mix as well...Oh and I write reviews for this website and I have been doing some of that as well!
    LMAO!!!

I am not in any hurry to upgrade to 524 but I am going to be forced to do it I believe. My Bold has been lagging a bit here and there and well, I think a new OS might perk it up. I suppose I will leave it for a weekend so I don't have to go to work and kill everyone on site if something goes wrong.
    I hesitate to lose all my themes as they keep me quite busy these days.

No, this thread will still be going on for a long time after your 9930 Jim, sorry to disappoint you. I am not getting a new phone for quite a while so I will still be here I'm afraid.

PS after the 2000 posts that were removed from my personal post count, I have somehow managed to get back up to 5K AGAIN. Now upwards to 6K AGAIN!
    05-24-11 07:53 PM
    Hi guys! I have been busy as well for a few days!
    I had to get my nails done yesterday, and my hair done today, and there was work thrown into the mix as well...Oh and I write reviews for this website and I have been doing some of that as well!
    LMAO!!!

I am not in any hurry to upgrade to 524 but I am going to be forced to do it I believe. My Bold has been lagging a bit here and there and well, I think a new OS might perk it up. I suppose I will leave it for a weekend so I don't have to go to work and kill everyone on site if something goes wrong.
    I hesitate to lose all my themes as they keep me quite busy these days.

No, this thread will still be going on for a long time after your 9930 Jim, sorry to disappoint you. I am not getting a new phone for quite a while so I will still be here I'm afraid.

PS after the 2000 posts that were removed from my personal post count, I have somehow managed to get back up to 5K AGAIN. Now upwards to 6K AGAIN!
    Ha,Ha. Jaydee, I'm not disappointed. I'm counting on you and the rest of the gals to keep stuff going here. I know it's hard to want to upgrade without a NE2 discount or some other means. I'm just lucky with the timing is all. And as you have said you don't like touch screens, I don't either and am kind of wondering how this dislike will fly with the 9930 for me. I'm hoping the track pad and the rest of the goodness will help me get past it. Interesting how the guys are going with the 9930 while the gals are sticking with the 9650. In any case, your right as to the thread continuing, Maybe you and the girls will send it in a whole different direction. A lot of the regulars have certainly dropped out of it. I'm not going anywhere either. After looking at some other devices I'm finding there is nothing as easy to use and type on as a BB, like I didn't already know this? Those virtual kb's really are the ****z,
    05-24-11 08:34 PM
    Hey Jim!
    When you and the "boys" move to another phone, the girls and I will miss you all terribly. You are going to have to stop by still to say hi and let us know what's happening. It's kinda like a big family and the big brother goes off to college and he's not around everyday to talk to. Very sad.

But you're right, the girls and I will be here for a while to keep the thread going. I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday much. Got kinda crazy at work. I still haven't decided if I want to upgrade. I mean, I WANT to upgrade but I dunno if I wanna wipe and reload. I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to ready everything, switch radio files and shrink and then just let it sit there for a while on my hdd. Then I can always upgrade in a flash when I want to.

I gotta pick a time when I know you guys are on...just in case something goes wrong.

Speaking of wrong, my phone does WACKY things when I get down to 160MB or so. Yesterday, after 14 hours, I had lost 94MB and it was not switching themes. The icons of a new theme would change but the home screen and wallpaper would be from a different one. I guess my Baby Bold is telling me to STOP! haha. But yes, very weird goings on when I get below 160MB.
    05-25-11 06:23 AM
    Hey guys...I see the Offered App today is BeBlank by Scrid. I wrote a review of the app yesterday and BBE is offering 20 copies for free in a contest.

Head over there if you would like to get this app for free and support our very own Shane C. who does a lot of work with apps, hybrids and OS stuff!
    05-25-11 07:37 AM
    Hey Jim!
    When you and the "boys" move to another phone, the girls and I will miss you all terribly. You are going to have to stop by still to say hi and let us know what's happening. It's kinda like a big family and the big brother goes off to college and he's not around everyday to talk to. Very sad.

But you're right, the girls and I will be here for a while to keep the thread going. I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday much. Got kinda crazy at work. I still haven't decided if I want to upgrade. I mean, I WANT to upgrade but I dunno if I wanna wipe and reload. I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to ready everything, switch radio files and shrink and then just let it sit there for a while on my hdd. Then I can always upgrade in a flash when I want to.

I gotta pick a time when I know you guys are on...just in case something goes wrong.

Speaking of wrong, my phone does WACKY things when I get down to 160MB or so. Yesterday, after 14 hours, I had lost 94MB and it was not switching themes. The icons of a new theme would change but the home screen and wallpaper would be from a different one. I guess my Baby Bold is telling me to STOP! haha. But yes, very weird goings on when I get below 160MB.
    I am sure that we'll still come by the old farm. For me, the push for another phone isn't driven so much by dissatisfaction with my 9650 as it is by the prospect of a larger keyboard and screen. My eyes aren't getting any younger or better. I'll admit while I don't specifically want the touchscreen feature, it DOES sound cool, too. After almost two years with a BlackBerry, I still find myself occasionally trying to tap the screen like on my Treo.

As to upgrading to 524, it couldn't have gone better for me. In fact, I let DM do the deed for me. I installed 524, put the 376 radio from 466 into the 524 CDMA folder, shrank the he-l-l (this is SO stupid ) out of it, and then just let DM do what it does. Easy. Remember that the automated process that we routinely eschew (because we know so much more) is designed so that a caveman (or caveQueen) can do it. It has to work for the masses. I found out that it really does.
    05-25-11 10:05 AM
    Hey guys...I see the Offered App today is BeBlank by Scrid. I wrote a review of the app yesterday and BBE is offering 20 copies for free in a contest.

Head over there if you would like to get this app for free and support our very own Shane C. who does a lot of work with apps, hybrids and OS stuff!
    My BBE account is FUBAR again. Do they really purge accounts that are not actually participating in a live discussion?
    05-25-11 10:06 AM
    My BBE account is FUBAR again. Do they really purge accounts that are not actually participating in a live discussion?
    I think that they do unless you post every so often...sorry.
    05-25-11 10:24 AM
    Hey Jim!

Not stop by and say hi? You gotta be kidding We'll probably be wanting to brag about how great the 9930 is
    Your right tho this thread does have that "feels like family" thing going for it and it's cool how we care about how we're all doing. Look at all the get well wishes you received when you were under the weather awhile ago. Thats the "feels like family" thing in action.
    Hey, no apologies needed when your not here. Don'tcha think we all have actual lives outside of this forum and our BB's? I can only imagine what goes on with you girls outside of crackberry
    You gotta refresh my memory here for this next part: two things I'm wondering about again and I seem to remember you giving a very good explanation before which simply escapes me ATM.
    I know you said when you reboot it takes forever for your stuff,photos etc to recombobulate. Is this the reason you don't utilize the auto memory recovery feature? Or do you believe it takes even longer when this feature is enabled?
    Just wondering....
    Next....I'm trying hard to figure why you have such issues when you install a different os. Why do you wipe? App Loader does it as part of the process. Seems an extra hassle step to me. Next why do you have to reload? Again App Loader does this all for me as part of the process. The only thing I need do is re-input some of my app codes. All apps, and themes are reloaded automatically. So I'm sure I'm missing something here and the only thing I come up with is you have a ton of themes and I have two. You probably have a lot more apps and I have only about 12. But everything being relative the only diff is the amount, this doesn't change the actual app loader processes, maybe take a bit longer is all.
    I remember when I joined this forum I didn't know beans about installing an os or upgrading. I learned from you,Paul and others and also a lot of trial and error. I have never had an issue using app loader and swear by it and will continue to use it. I even use it to add or delete things as needed between installs. Works great. As you know I'm pretty much the record holder for going between 5+6 as much as 4 times in one day. Got it down to a 30min deal. Had to make sure about 5 before leaving it for good. So the big questions are, why not auto recover your draining memory? and Why wipe? Why not just use app loader?
    Sorry, but I'm a card carrying member of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
    05-25-11 11:24 AM

I forgot that I entered the CB contest for this last week. I just got my free download code. Sweet!
    05-25-11 12:41 PM

I know you said when you reboot it takes forever for your stuff,photos etc to recombobulate. Is this the reason you don't utilize the auto memory recovery feature? Or do you believe it takes even longer when this feature is enabled?
    Just wondering....
    Next....I'm trying hard to figure why you have such issues when you install a different os. So the big questions are, why not auto recover your draining memory? and Why wipe? Why not just use app loader?
    Sorry, but I'm a card carrying member of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
    OK Jim, here are the answers:
    I deleted a whole buncha stuff from my storage card so it only take and hour and a half after I reboot to be able to use my media folder. Why? I dunno. Auto recover memory? I have tried it before but it doesn't recover anything. The number never goes up. Only down.

Wipe before loading? no I don't anymore. I will use apploader and it SHOULD put back everything. Except once in a while my OTA stuff is not put back and well, that would be all my themes. All 35 of them. If they go back, great! If not, I'm gonna be having quite a large gun and tonic...and a scream or two!
    05-25-11 12:47 PM
23,186 ... 602603604605606 ...