Verizon just released 524. Get it from their site ( BlackBerry® Software Updates ) if you don't have your leaked copy.

I had some issues (along with Jim and some others) with the radio in 524. We have loaded the 376 radio from 466 over the 438 radio in 524 and had really good results.
    Great idea, I'll DL the official .524 and replace the .SFI file with 438.

+1 for the 466 radio combo with the 524 os Bob. 2 thumbs up!!
    Bob, you get 4G in your area?
    I thought you used to complain about weak signal sometimes.
    No 4G here yet, I'm told we will have it by end of year. Some smaller towns than Austin have already gotten it and it is available in Houston. I want a device that can use it when it gets here or shortly thereafter. My eldest son tell me that if you don't use your NE2 by July it will not be good after that; however, they are supposed to have a new program in early 2012 to replace the current NE2. I have to visit with my buddy at the vzw store in Austin to see what he tells me, maybe by the time we go to get my wife's new device they will have something on BOGO. I'm still very undecided about my device, would like a new BB like the torch but don't see that happening anytime soon. Not sure that the Bold Touch is what I want and it is not 4G. Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks to both of you for your responses.
    05-19-11 07:12 PM
    Bob, so do I understand if I don't use my NE2 by July I lose it? I just qualified for it so if true that gives me about 6 weeks then.
    Anyone else heard this? I was thinking of going for the bold touch, but if it's not out by then and I can't get it and use the discount then I'd want to use it before July. I will of course verify this with verizon, but if anyone has any info.......
    05-19-11 07:27 PM
    Bob, so do I understand if I don't use my NE2 by July I lose it? I just qualified for it so if true that gives me about 6 weeks then.
    Anyone else heard this? I was thinking of going for the bold touch, but if it's not out by then and I can't get it and use the discount then I'd want to use it before July. I will of course verify this with verizon, but if anyone has any info.......
    That is what I have been told. I have not verified with my buddy at vzw yet, will hope to do that in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll let you know what I find out.
    05-19-11 07:42 PM
    Hey Themers -- Theme Studio 6 has gone gold!
    05-19-11 09:26 PM
    Well my experience with the touchscreen hasn't been bad, but this inc is the first touchscreen I could type on in the store with any accuracy at all. I've downloaded some other keyboards that make it much better.
    I sent my first email today and it involved a lot more than it does with BB. It just wasn't intuitive, and someone needs to be working on that. I'm sure there is an app or something that makes it better but frankly I don't email enough to be bothered to look. It's the first real deficiency I've found with the OS and wanted to pass it along lest someone who sends 10+ emails a day is considering switching.

Oh, and 15k posts? Wow!

Sent from my inc2 via Tapatalk
    05-19-11 09:48 PM
    Yup! I've been checking it out.... Nice to see they have bundled OS5 support in with it too.
    05-19-11 10:13 PM
    Yup! I've been checking it out.... Nice to see they have bundled OS5 support in with it too.
    I haven't loaded it yet. Can you build a theme and save it as either OS5 or OS6 (or both)? Or do you have to build separately for each OS?
    05-19-11 10:59 PM
    That's good news for themers and for users!
    Now the buggy things in their themes will be fixed and we may be getting updates soon.

Very nice! About time!
    05-20-11 06:11 AM
    G'morn Ramblers!

ok, first, before i forget, i rec'd an email this morn that BeBuzz has an update again to vers. .473(?) i think was the number. Any who, got a bunch of things/bugs it addressed if anyone is interested in upgrading. I'm staying put, mine works just fine where it is

MOST IMPORTANTLY - YaY!! so happy to hear TB6 is out of beta and has gone live!!! 2 things that always drove me nutz in the themes were in the options menu how the highlight bar would "jump" around, and the other was how the ocd slots would sometimes cut off the icons. SOOOO with this now official, hopefully little by little the theme devs will roll out updates when they are able to. that would be great!

Also, I entered Hamsters Xplicit contest, and won a pink copy and liked it so much I had to get the purple version too while i was at it i also acquired Rayphos new one, Blitz, which is a really nice theme as well! So i cleared out 9 themes this week, realized i wanted one of them back so i added it, and then got 3 more So much for cleaning out the closet LOL
    05-20-11 07:41 AM

So i cleared out 9 themes this week, realized i wanted one of them back so i added it, and then got 3 more So much for cleaning out the closet LOL [/B]
    Pink,
    I did the same thing. I cleared out like 4 themes and immediately added some back. Yesterday I looked at my files free and realized the hourglass was not stopping after I reached 164MB. I had lost about 74 during the day. So I realized I needed to clean house.

The trick now is to limit myself to 25 themes instead of 30+ and see if I retain enough memory to make it through 18 hours without rebooting in the evening. Either that, or i have to make a conscious effort to reboot at dinner time and hope that the media card indexes by 7pm...mine takes about 2 hours now! I wonder if it takes longer the more you have on it?
    05-20-11 08:02 AM
    Pink,
    I did the same thing. I cleared out like 4 themes and immediately added some back. Yesterday I looked at my files free and realized the hourglass was not stopping after I reached 164MB. I had lost about 74 during the day. So I realized I needed to clean house.

The trick now is to limit myself to 25 themes instead of 30+ and see if I retain enough memory to make it through 18 hours without rebooting in the evening. Either that, or i have to make a conscious effort to reboot at dinner time and hope that the media card indexes by 7pm...mine takes about 2 hours now! I wonder if it takes longer the more you have on it?
    Yea, I checked this morn and i'm up to 31 themes(includes the default) on my bb again! I try to keep it betwn 25-30 but with all my faves on my bb its getting more and more difficult! Now with the 8 i removed this week, IDK how many i had on my bb if i'm at 31 now after adding the three from yest. Sooo, quick math, i was down to 28, after taking the 8 off, so I had 36 on my bb holy crappola! BUT my mbs were still at 266ish. and no clock running in between.

As for the sd card, yes the more you have on it, the longer it takes to index everything because theres more data to index on it. Mine takes roughly 20mins or so ??? i never really timed it. and I'll reboot sometimes 1 time a day if i'm running low on a theme thats really draining my mem. OR if i change themes more than once a day, then i reboot at each change.

but OMG, 2 HOURS!!!! WoWWWWW! i know you have alot of pix on there! wheeeew! 2 hrs would drive me crazy for certain, mine taking 20 or so mins drive me insane as it is!
    05-20-11 08:09 AM
    I haven't loaded it yet. Can you build a theme and save it as either OS5 or OS6 (or both)? Or do you have to build separately for each OS?
    The designation of OS version is made when you export the theme, but essentially you can create one theme and then export OS5 and OS6 versions from the same .thm file. You can also import OS5 themes from one device into a theme for another device and export it as OS6 which was missing from the beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 10:20 AM
    OK, i have a question, as i'm still dragging my feet on this one. Regarding the email update on the bb, have any of you done it? I recall 99 did with no issues, correct? I'm on 431, but i'm starting to see alot of people come out of the wood work with all sorts of issues while trying to update the email app on the bb and honestly, its got me nervous to do mine now. am i over-reacting?

I'm just looking for a little of security here for those of you that did do the update on your bb and your running 431, that all went well with no hitch.

someone actually posted that their update took long time to do ota for the email thing

i recall 99 said it took but a few mins to complete.

TIA to any one with some insite for me
    05-20-11 10:27 AM
    I had no issues when I did the update. However, I had a problem when I loaded another OS. I loaded King's V5 hybrid, then dumped it and went with a modified 524 (524 with radio from 466). Some of the updated email setup files were replaced with the OS, and some were not. If you plan to load the official 524, I'd load the new OS first, then do the email setup update.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-20-11 10:41 AM
    I had no issues when I did the update. However, I had a problem when I loaded another OS. I loaded King's V5 hybrid, then dumped it and went with a modified 524 (524 with radio from 466). Some of the updated email setup files were replaced with the OS, and some were not. If you plan to load the official 524, I'd load the new OS first, then do the email setup update.
    thx 99. No at this time, 431 is running good on my bold so i shall not mess with it!

I honestly don't know IF i have any intentions of changing os's at any given time, I guess if i do, i'll worry about it then.

ugh....i hate getting the heebie jeebie doing stuff like this! it gets the best of my nerves lol.

ok, so then i'm off to do my back up, bbsak and update. wish me luck!

i need to clear out my content store again anyway, so i may as well kill 3 birds with one stone LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 05-20-11 at 10:52 AM.
    05-20-11 10:49 AM
    I saw a suggestion on another site (I don't recall where) that updates of system files (like the email setup app) are sometimes best done with the phone in safe mode. Then there are no third-party background apps that could potentially get in the way. I've not tried it, but I suppose it makes sense -- much like Windows installers have you close your other apps before installing software.
    05-20-11 11:27 AM
    thx for the tip 99. Now, I know how to start my bb into safe mode, but idk how to get out of it.

I would think to get out of "safe mode" would be just to pull the batt again and let it reboot as normal?

I also decided against the email app update on my bb. Honestly, i NEVER use it on my bb. Any changes i make i do thru the BIS site by logging in, so i'll just stick with that method. Its less stressful to me, than to have to worry about if the update will go right. ya know what i mean?
    05-20-11 11:30 AM
    [COLOR="Purple"][B]OK, i have a question, as i'm still dragging my feet on this one. Regarding the email update on the bb, have any of you done it?
    I have not done it. What would be the need? My email is fine and I have no issues and have not been prompted for anything.
    05-20-11 11:32 AM
    I have not done it. What would be the need? My email is fine and I have no issues and have not been prompted for anything.
    agreed Jim, i have no issues TG and have not been 'prompted' either. I was however going to, but i've had a change of heart. (see explanation in above post) So i'm just ognna leave well enough alone
    05-20-11 11:34 AM
    thx for the tip 99. Now, I know how to start my bb into safe mode, but idk how to get out of it.

I would think to get out of "safe mode" would be just to pull the batt again and let it reboot as normal?
    Yes. Just pull the battery to reboot in normal mode.

As to being prompted for the update, I'd wait as well. If the software isn't making you update, then don't.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-20-11 11:39 AM
    Hi everyone, good to be back again after a brief hiatus. For those looking at the androids; several friends have them. They like the bling and flash, but they are all charging those things twice a day. For them, it seems to be worth the trade off. Most of them are focused on social media and browsing and not using them for work. I have played with the Thunderbolt, Droid X and the Samsung Fascinate. They are fun, but I just can't see them as a work phone. Besides, with my stupid arthritis, I am not sure a touch screen would work very well. I am anxious to see the 9930.

To the hybrid experts; I have installed Verizon's 524 os on my 9650. I still have the Alltel 436 os file on my computer. If I want to change out the radio in the 524 os with another radio file, how do I do that? Thanks everyone.
    05-20-11 12:03 PM
    To the hybrid experts; I have installed Verizon's 524 os on my 9650. I still have the Alltel 436 os file on my computer. If I want to change out the radio in the 524 os with another radio file, how do I do that? Thanks everyone.
    I'm certainly no expert, but here's how I did it.

Find the radio file that you want to use. It's the only file in the CDMA folder of the OS you want to use. Copy that file into the 524 CDMA folder, overwriting the existing file (it will have the same filename). Then, run Apploader and choose to overwrite the existing system files with the older one. As long as you just change the radio, none of your other items or apps should change.

I don't know if the 315 radio from 398/431/436 will work with 524. I and several others in this forum are successfully using the 376 radio from 466.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-20-11 at 12:53 PM.
    05-20-11 12:12 PM
    For the guys, idk how many, IF, any of you use BatEx and load icons. But just in case you do, I've made a couple and posted in the batex thread for Father day icons. One is a golf ball on the green and the other is a worlds best dad trophy

And for the girls, I posted a simple purple flower for discharging and hot pink for charging. Believe it or not, I had no plain purple flowers for my batex icons! imagine that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 01:38 PM
    OK, i have a question, as i'm still dragging my feet on this one. Regarding the email update on the bb, have any of you done it? I recall 99 did with no issues, correct? I'm on 431, but i'm starting to see alot of people come out of the wood work with all sorts of issues while trying to update the email app on the bb and honestly, its got me nervous to do mine now. am i over-reacting?

I'm just looking for a little of security here for those of you that did do the update on your bb and your running 431, that all went well with no hitch.

someone actually posted that their update took long time to do ota for the email thing

i recall 99 said it took but a few mins to complete.

TIA to any one with some insite for me
    Pink,
    I did the BIS 4 update the other night without a thought. No problems from that at all.
    05-20-11 02:08 PM

I did it. Surprise surprise, right? Always jumping on the updates. Updated without issue. Couldn't care about anything listed except the google sync and auto login

BIS 4.0 new features:

Automatic Login Improvements
    Language Support – Vietnamese and Hindi
    Google Calendar Synchronization Improvements
    Secret Question Changes
    Windows Live Integration Re-validation removal
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-20-11 at 03:21 PM.
    05-20-11 02:37 PM
23,186 ... 600601602603604 ...