Paul, is word wrap working on the native browser in 524? I found it somehow in 431 and I was mildly pleased. Will I be disappointed again?
    I can't help you there, the browser is what it is. I don't check CB forums from it, and I'm trying Opera Mini for the first time in almost 2 years. I last had it on my Curve 8330 and it was ok. It loads pages faster on my Bold than the native broswer.

FWIW, wikipedia is displayed at a normal readable font under the native browser.

Until they start deleting posts/pages again..........

Page 1,000!
    05-18-11 10:47 AM
    I can't help you there, the browser is what it is. I don't check CB forums from it, and I'm trying Opera Mini for the first time in almost 2 years. I last had it on my Curve 8330 and it was ok. It loads pages faster on my Bold than the native broswer.

FWIW, wikipedia is displayed at a normal readable font under the native browser.

Until they start deleting posts/pages

Page 1,000!
    I think OM is great and works well with CB..

WOOT!!! 1000
    05-18-11 10:49 AM

Until they start deleting posts/pages

Page 1,000!
    Oh hold on to your hats!
    That will happen soon enough!

Thanks for the info on the browser. I really don't care much anyway. I mean, when I use it, and need it, I use it. Sometimes I switch to Opera to look things up because it seems faster. But either way, I'm fine with it.
    05-18-11 10:50 AM
    I finally had KV5 running, but still had some app compatability issues. I PMd the developer, who sent me a suggested fix. It worked, but I just wasn't all that thrilled with it. Don't get me wrong -- KV5 runs very well. But I later loaded straight 524 (well, 524 with the 376 radio) on my wife's phone and noticed that it runs really well too.

I started wondering, for the I-don't-know-how-manyith-time if much of the improvement that we see with a hybrid is really just the result of wiping and reloading the OS? I know that it's been discussed ad-nauseum in this forum, but it didn't click until I saw it first-hand last night.
    There's good and bad with hybrids has been my experience. When the bad starts to out weigh the good it's time to make a choice. For me stability/functionality has always been at the top of my list. That said I'll probably knock off hybrids for now. Hopefully the 9930 will be coming soon anyway and take our minds off our 9650's pretty damn quick. The verizon's latest "official is working really well for me. I haven't tried the radio file it came with, just went straight to 376. Seems very good. My previous call drops in the oem 524 were bugging me. You had some issues there as well if I recall.
    I agree with what Paul said a few posts pages back re the hybrids. they cause more problems than they fix.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-18-11 at 11:42 AM.
    05-18-11 11:38 AM
    I agree with what Paul said a few posts pages back re the hybrids. they cause more problems than they fix.
    I suppose that we're using our own hybrids, now, what with us running 524 over the older radio. I agree, though. I'm not much for checking ten different file versions to isolate a problem anymore.
    05-18-11 11:44 AM
    I've had a mixed view of hybrids over my berrylife, although in general I've liked them. When OS5 was first leaked for my old 8330 it was patchy to say the least and the hybrids lyricadal released slowly made it better and more stable, although the memory leak issue was never quite resolved. With my storm2, the official 1015 was a pain in the posterior. I'm running another of lyricadals hybrids there now (on my second) and have found it to be nice and stable with no memory issues. The OS is generally snappier than my phone was on the official 'stable' OS's.

I've been working hard recently on my new Morph theme, mainly getting the guts of the code written that will allow you to re-arrange the homescreen items to your hearts content and wanted to share a few screenies to show what I'm building. Nothing looks 'pretty' yet, that will come, but for now things are finally becoming functional:

This is one of the user interface screens for setting up your homescreen items:

This is one of the placement grids where you can move an item (time in this case) to where you want it with the trackpad:

I still have a lot more functionality to build in as well as making it pretty.

Russ.
    05-18-11 12:08 PM
    I've had a mixed view of hybrids over my berrylife, although in general I've liked them. When OS5 was first leaked for my old 8330 it was patchy to say the least and the hybrids lyricadal released slowly made it better and more stable, although the memory leak issue was never quite resolved. With my storm2, the official 1015 was a pain in the posterior. I'm running another of lyricadals hybrids there now (on my second) and have found it to be nice and stable with no memory issues. The OS is generally snappier than my phone was on the official 'stable' OS's.

I've been working hard recently on my new Morph theme, mainly getting the guts of the code written that will allow you to re-arrange the homescreen items to your hearts content and wanted to share a few screenies to show what I'm building. Nothing looks 'pretty' yet, that will come, but for now things are finally becoming functional:

Russ.
    Great idea! There's a lot of potential here. This could be sweet.
    05-18-11 12:23 PM
    Looks nice Russ
    05-18-11 12:26 PM
    OMG Russ! I can't wait to try this out! haha Skyboxer will be sorry he left....
    Keep working!!!!
    05-18-11 12:26 PM
    OMG Russ! I can't wait to try this out! haha Skyboxer will be sorry he left....
    Keep working!!!!
    where did skyboxer go?
    05-18-11 01:00 PM
    where did skyboxer go?
    dinc2
    05-18-11 01:04 PM
    where did skyboxer go?
    He bought a d...d...dr...dro....oh I can't even say it!
    05-18-11 01:04 PM

This is one of the user interface screens for setting up your homescreen items:

This is one of the placement grids where you can move an item (time in this case) to where you want it with the trackpad:

Russ.
    Whoa! I'll be all over that one! Great idea!! I can help, I can help!!! Test that is
    05-18-11 01:06 PM
    dinc2
    He bought a d...d...dr...dro....oh I can't even say it!
    Yeah, I'm sure he's kicking himself now!
    05-18-11 01:14 PM
    Russ, I'd even try themes again for this one.
    05-18-11 01:22 PM
    1000 pages!! Congrats everyone!
    05-18-11 01:27 PM
    Howdy, Stranger. Back from Dr. Phil's Advanced Therapy Training Camp?

Or, would that be "Dr. Phil's Therapy for Dummies"? Wait a minute -- would that be an oxymoron? Some help here, Queen?

There's no shortage of need for therapy, here.
    05-18-11 01:31 PM
    YaY!!! 1000!!!! w00t!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 01:36 PM
    I was off taking some CE classes on dealing with rehabbers!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-18-11 01:37 PM
    There's nothing like "theory to practice", is there?
    05-18-11 01:38 PM
    Hey Ramblers! I'm having a contest for Xplicit a theme by BB-Freaks...Go to BBE and check it out..You might like it
    05-18-11 03:01 PM
    Hey Ramblers! I'm having a contest for Xplicit a theme by BB-Freaks...Go to BBE and check it out..You might like it
    My BBE account has been dumped for the third time now. You apparently can't just pop in and out over there.
    05-18-11 03:21 PM
    My BBE account has been dumped for the third time now. You apparently can't just pop in and out over there.
    That is strange....I can check into it if you want?
    05-18-11 03:39 PM
    That is strange....I can check into it if you want?
    Thanks. I know that I don't log in very often, but I can't imagine that they delete accounts if you're not actively involved in a forum. Same username, BTW.
    05-18-11 05:10 PM
    While out and about today I stopped in at a local verizon store and played with the thunderbolt. The 4G speed is pretty awesome. Very impressive. I tried typing an email and talk about frustrating. A huge learning curve would await me here. I got to have a real kb. If it wern't for that I would really consider it. I'm hoping the bold touch feels like enough of an upgrade to keep me happy between my NE2's . A very slick phone that t-bolt. I can see why people like it, but the virtual kb is the crap pits!
    05-18-11 06:13 PM
23,186 ... 598599600601602 ...