Correct. The 524 has the 378 which I had certain issues with. Pardon my typo from previous post, i was in a dry heave attack, just read the morning news
    Wait a minute!

524 has 378 radio file??? Are you smoking something today?

6.0.0.524 has the 438 radio file
    6.0.0.466 has the 376 radio file

Are you talking about some 524 hybrid w/376????

Have you tried straight plain vanilla 524?? It's pretty solid!

I must say i've been getting a tad annoyed with the trivialities of the issues that seem to always come with hybrids.
    That's why I don't bother with hybrids: they don't solve more problems than they seem to create, in my estimation. To each their own though.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 01:46 PM.
    05-17-11 01:41 PM
    Wait a minute!

524 has 378 radio file??? Are you smoking something today?

6.0.0.524 has the 438 radio file
    6.0.0.466 has the 376 radio file

Are you talking about some 524 hybrid w/376????

Have you tried straight plain vanilla 524?? It's pretty solid!
    I guess I'm a tad mixed up then. I just dumped a hybrid with the 524 base that came with the 378 radio. I thought it was native to that base.
    I tried vanilla 524 when it first leaked and had the call drop issues, thats the reason for the radio swap. The only good thing from 466 was the radio being very solid for me anyway.
    05-17-11 01:45 PM
    378 may be from another device?
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 02:25 PM.
    05-17-11 02:02 PM
    378 may be from another device?
    No doubt it was unstable on the 9650...
    05-17-11 02:26 PM
    Well, if memory serves me correctly, there was a post in this thread about how to backup third party apps using DM. Remember, it was booted to rehab because no one had posted that info

There are some Tools here in Ramblings, just have to find them.
    Easiest way to backup and restore your 3rd party apps is to use BBSAK, it makes a single desktop installer to restore them all at once with.
    05-17-11 02:28 PM
    Easiest way to backup and restore your 3rd party apps is to use BBSAK, it makes a single desktop installer to restore them all at once with.
    Yes, I've used BBSAK before. I was being more of a smart@ss with JD than actually providing any helpful information.
    05-17-11 02:31 PM
    Anybody awake out there? 99, you still rockin' KV5 or back to 4? I'm enjoying my shrunk down verizon "official" with the 466 radio file. Very stable. Going to stick with this. I've kinda had it with the hybrid hassles.
    05-18-11 12:23 AM
    So the 9650 gets a new official! Even though i don't have one myself I still have 4 family devices to load it on. And it's cool China gets the device too so there should be plenty of more updates in the future.
    Myself I have went from theme addict to widget stalker, which amounts to about the same thing. Here I'd something strange about the droid world. Updating old devices before new ones ship with the OS! Gingerbread has been out for months and last year's devices are getting updated but my brand new device doesn't have it, and has no announcement of getting it. Completely back @$$wards of what we're all used to.

Sent from my inc2 via Tapatalk
    05-18-11 01:31 AM
    Yes, I've used BBSAK before. I was being more of a smart@ss with JD than actually providing any helpful information.
    Hmmmmmm, some people are excellent at being smart@asses.
    Enuf said!
    05-18-11 06:17 AM
    Hmmmmmm, some people are excellent at being smart@asses.
    Enuf said!
    I'm so good at it, I could give lessons.
    05-18-11 07:13 AM
    I'm so good at it, I could give lessons.
    You, my good sir, are the KING of SNARK!
    But I am going to be nice to you, since I may need your help when I install 524 on my BabyBold.
    I may be opinionated, but I'm no fool.
    05-18-11 08:32 AM
    I may need your help when I install 524 on my BabyBold.
    No problem, just don't ask for help here. I'm done with all that. From now on, it'll be nothing of value, until I get my perma-ban. Shouldn't take too long either.
    05-18-11 08:40 AM
    Anybody awake out there? 99, you still rockin' KV5 or back to 4? I'm enjoying my shrunk down verizon "official" with the 466 radio file. Very stable. Going to stick with this. I've kinda had it with the hybrid hassles.
    Jim, last night was the first time in more than a month that I was in bed before midnight. It won't happen again, though.

I finally had KV5 running, but still had some app compatability issues. I PMd the developer, who sent me a suggested fix. It worked, but I just wasn't all that thrilled with it. Don't get me wrong -- KV5 runs very well. But I later loaded straight 524 (well, 524 with the 376 radio) on my wife's phone and noticed that it runs really well too.

I started wondering, for the I-don't-know-how-manyith-time if much of the improvement that we see with a hybrid is really just the result of wiping and reloading the OS? I know that it's been discussed ad-nauseum in this forum, but it didn't click until I saw it first-hand last night.

I reloaded my phone again, this time with the same OS combo that I put on my wife's Bold (and that you and I had discussed). If nothing else, I'll get a good performance baseline from this. Oh, and everything works. I guess that counts for something, right?
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-18-11 at 09:30 AM.
    05-18-11 08:56 AM
    You, my good sir, are the KING of SNARK!
    But I am going to be nice to you, since I may need your help when I install 524 on my BabyBold.
    I may be opinionated, but I'm no fool.
    I wanted to see just how the vast majority of BB owners would handle the 524 upgrade, so I let DM upgrade my wife's Bold and my son's 9330. Flawless. The only concession to my OCD was that I used local installations (shrunk, of course) and I did backups first. Then I let DM do its thing.

You can do this, JayDee. No help required.
    05-18-11 09:07 AM
    I wanted to see just how the vast majority of BB owners would handle the 524 upgrade, so I let DM upgrade my wife's Bold and my son's 9330. Flawless. The only concession to my OCD was that I used local installations (shrunk, of course) and I did backups first. Then I let DM do its thing.

You can do this, JayDee. No help required.
    That gives me hope, Underway!
    I think I have the latest DM, 6 something.
    I will make my backups and shrink my local install as well.
    Only question I have is this: with all the themes I have installed, some of them are installed by cod files and NOT OTA. What will happen? Will DM back up everything and put them ALL back? Or will I have some themes missing? Got an opinion?
    05-18-11 09:37 AM
    Only question I have is this: with all the themes I have installed, some of them are installed by cod files and NOT OTA. What will happen? Will DM back up everything and put them ALL back? Or will I have some themes missing? Got an opinion?
    Jaydee, you've done numerous installs and survived them all. Just let apploader do all the work, it'll backup-wipe-reload-restore all in one fell swoop.

For the themes can't you backup your cods and restore them with BBSAK?
    05-18-11 09:45 AM

It all gets put back. Make your backup, of course, but I've never had an issue with losing anything when I let Apploader do what it does (well, without me messing with it ). If you have to reload some themes, OK. You'll have that backup. When I made all my changes yesterday, from King v4 to KV5 to slightly modified 524, I didn't even lose any of my home screen folders. My app placement and everything else remained as I set it. I had to reregister MeterBerry (I've memorized the keycode for that one ) and BerryWeather. That was it.

Remember that they make the DM OS upgrade process for the masses who have no idea of what they are doing or why they are doing it. It has to work, and normally does.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-18-11 at 09:54 AM.
    05-18-11 09:49 AM
    The countdown has begun...996,997,998,999....(He ball has started to drop. Almost, almost there....
    05-18-11 10:01 AM
    Jaydee, you've done numerous installs and survived them all. Just let apploader do all the work, it'll backup-wipe-reload-restore all in one fell swoop.

For the themes can't you backup your cods and restore them with BBSAK?
    It all gets put back. Make your backup, of course, but I've never had an issue with losing anything when I let Apploader do what it does (well, without me messing with it ). If you have to reload some themes, OK. You'll have that backup. When I made all my changes yesterday, from King v4 to KV5 to slightly modified 524, I didn't even lose any of my home screen folders. My app placement and everything else remained as I set it. I had to reregister MeterBerry (I've memorized the keycode for that one ) and BerryWeather. That was it.

Remember that they make the DM OS upgrade process for the masses who have no idea of what they are doing or why they are doing it. It has to work, and normally does.
    Thanks guys! Maybe I will be brave and update Friday night. That way I can stay up as long as I need to so I can get it back to "normal".
    I want to have all my themes go back on without me having to install by cods, if possible and seems like this will do it. I think I remember it working before. Putting cods on one by one is not my favorite thing to do but if I have to...I have all the files. So I guess I'm good to go!

Pour a drink and get to it!
    05-18-11 10:02 AM
    Thanks guys! Maybe I will be brave and update Friday night. That way I can stay up as long as I need to so I can get it back to "normal".
    I want to have all my themes go back on without me having to install by cods, if possible and seems like this will do it. I think I remember it working before. Putting cods on one by one is not my favorite thing to do but if I have to...I have all the files. So I guess I'm good to go!

Hey! Been reading the thread about 524, and I "may" give it a shot as well. or I could let Jaydee try it first and be the guinea pig
    05-18-11 10:05 AM
    Wow, and me with my one theme. No wonder I'm in rehab
    05-18-11 10:07 AM

Pour a drink?

Oh yeah -- Lent is over! Drink 'em if you got 'em!
    05-18-11 10:15 AM
    Are you kidding? If I got em?
    I got plenty left over from Lent!!!
    HAHA
    05-18-11 10:31 AM
    Hey! Been reading the thread about 524, and I "may" give it a shot as well. or I could let Jaydee try it first and be the guinea pig
    I've been running 524 since it leaked. It's better than 431 IMO, since the wifi click issue is resolved.
    05-18-11 10:33 AM
    I've been running 524 since it leaked. It's better than 431 IMO, since the wifi click issue is resolved.
    Paul, is word wrap working on the native browser in 524? I found it somehow in 431 and I was mildly pleased. Will I be disappointed again?
    05-18-11 10:36 AM
23,186 ... 597598599600601 ...