Thanks Paul. They fixed the CB link so I got it ok last nite. Haven't installed the hybrid yet as it was giving me installation issues. Might try it again or go with verizons. Choices, choices.
    Jim....... 524 is 524.
    05-17-11 09:51 AM
    Re 524, I wonder if verizon tweaked the radio file any. Some, including me were reporting radio issues and actually swapped 466's file for it. I was dropping a call at times and with the swapped out file it has been fine. Paul, your running 524 for awhile and no drops or issues then? Funny how folks complain about one thing that works fine for another. Life's little mysteries.
    05-17-11 09:52 AM
    Jim....... 524 is 524.
    Understood. My issue is loading hybrids. For some reason my app loader errors and I end up doing a java swap to fix that issue, but get into other problems with 6.1 file installation errors. So if I load a straight os it works fine as far as app loader. I've cleaned my pc and am ready for another hybrid attempt if it fails I will load a straight 524 and only swap the radio from a 466. Sheesh, I wish I knew what the hybrid/app loader issue was. Something happened as it used to always work fine. Does it on both pc's to btw. I cleaned the heck outta my pc tho so maybe I had some remnants hangin' out in there causing a loading bug.
    05-17-11 10:02 AM
    Yes, thanks for the info Paul.
    I will probably move to the official 524 soon, as long as all my stuff goes back like it was. I am not into reloading individual apps anymore; nor do I want to re-download and set up the 35 themes I have installed either.
    Well, if memory serves me correctly, there was a post in this thread about how to backup third party apps using DM. Remember, it was booted to rehab because no one had posted that info

There are some Tools here in Ramblings, just have to find them.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 10:06 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-17-11 10:04 AM
    Understood. My issue is loading hybrids. For some reason my app loader errors and I end up doing a java swap to fix that issue, but get into other problems with 6.1 file installation errors. So if I load a straight os it works fine as far as app loader. I've cleaned my pc and am ready for another hybrid attempt if it fails I will load a straight 524 and only swap the radio from a 466. Sheesh, I wish I knew what the hybrid/app loader issue was. Something happened as it used to always work fine. Does it on both pc's to btw. I cleaned the heck outta my pc tho so maybe I had some remnants hangin' out in there causing a loading bug.
    Oh, my mistake then. I thought you were thinking the trouble was with installing the hybrid over the leaked 524, and were hoping the file from Verizon would be different.

Radio file is the same as the leak 4.4.0.438, the leaked 6.0.0.466 had the 376 radio file.

The only time I drop calls is when I'm in the elevator at work, but the 438 radio seems to have solved that issue.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 10:15 AM.
    05-17-11 10:08 AM
    Oh, my mistake then. I thought you were thinking the trouble was with installing the hybrid over the leaked 524, and were hoping the file from Verizon would be different.

Radio file is the same as the leak 4.4.0.438, the leaked 6.0.0.466 had the 376 radio file.

The only time I drop calls is when I'm in the elevator at work, but the 438 radio seems to have solved that issue.
    My "real" trouble is I like to tweak and tinker with it all the time. The hybrid I currently have on is running very well and gives me no issues. I'm sure I'll be tinkering more today tho. I am glad to see a verizon official tho and I think I will def give 524 another look. If they(verizon) thinks it's worthy for their stamp of approval and pcgizmo's been running it since it leaked then it def deserves a second look. Ya think?
    05-17-11 10:22 AM
    Well, if memory serves me correctly, there was a post in this thread about how to backup third party apps using DM. Remember, it was booted to rehab because no one had posted that info

There are some Tools here in Ramblings, just have to find them.
    Thanks for refreshing my memory, Paul.
    I had forgotten what wonderful times those were.
    05-17-11 10:23 AM
    Re 524, I wonder if verizon tweaked the radio file any. Some, including me were reporting radio issues and actually swapped 466's file for it. I was dropping a call at times and with the swapped out file it has been fine. Paul, your running 524 for awhile and no drops or issues then? Funny how folks complain about one thing that works fine for another. Life's little mysteries.
    No. They used the same 438 radio file.
    05-17-11 10:24 AM
    Thanks for refreshing my memory, Paul.
    I had forgotten what wonderful times those were.
    No problem! We had an overabundance of Tools there for a while
    05-17-11 10:24 AM
    My "real" trouble is I like to tweak and tinker with it all the time. The hybrid I currently have on is running very well and gives me no issues. I'm sure I'll be tinkering more today tho. I am glad to see a verizon official tho and I think I will def give 524 another look. If they(verizon) thinks it's worthy for their stamp of approval and pcgizmo's been running it since it leaked then it def deserves a second look. Ya think?
    For the record, VZW put their "stamp of approval" on quite a few POS 9550 OS'....so take that stamp with a grain of salt.

I've been running 524 since day one, and found it stable enough to keep over 431. (This statement is worth exactly 2 cents!)

I did not have that same experience with 443 or 466. I like to tweak and tinker too, or used to anyway. The BB platform, for me anyway, is h0-hum. That's part of my motivation to move to Android. New sh!t to tinker with and learn from the ground up.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 10:31 AM.
    05-17-11 10:28 AM
    That's part of my motivation to move to Android.
    If you're going, please don't talk about it!
    This thread may be in Rehab, but I don't give 2 ****es about you blabbing about Android.

The Queen has spoken!
    05-17-11 10:35 AM
    This thread may be in Rehab, but I don't give 2 ****es about you blabbing about Android.

The Queen has spoken!
    The bloody Queen has ROARED!
    05-17-11 10:37 AM

The Queen has spoken!
    Since this is now a thread for Tools, backups and other off-topic posts, Android is fair game.

There was advice in that touchy-feely lovefest about how to use the ignore feature.
    05-17-11 10:38 AM
    For the record, VZW put their "stamp of approval" on quite a few POS 9550 OS'....so take that stamp with a grain of salt.
    Ha, Ha. I knew my "stamp of approval" remark would illicit a comment from you. But your right re verizon's track record and I realized it right after I posted. Forums like CB are where real world testing is done anyway.
    05-17-11 10:39 AM
    Since this is now a thread for Tools, backups and other off-topic posts, Android is fair game.
    True this^. Addicts in rehab have been known to babble. As for riling the Queen, there are advantages to living in the west and being 3 hours behind east coasters could be one. We can ramble unabated into the wee hours when all the royalty is tucked snug into their beds.
    05-17-11 10:44 AM

There was advice in that touchy-feely lovefest about how to use the ignore feature.
    Oh yes, the IGNORE feature. I wonder how many lists I've made it onto?
    Nice to have the King of Snark back tho...
    05-17-11 10:45 AM
    Ha, Ha. I knew my "stamp of approval" remark would illicit a comment from you. But your right re verizon's track record and I realized it right after I posted. Forums like CB are where real world testing is done anyway.
    VZW's track record is hit or miss at best.

Oh yes, the IGNORE feature. I wonder how many lists I've made it onto?
    Nice to have the King of Snark back tho...
    Of all the lists I'm on, this is one, by far, is my favorite

hey, I have this guy on my short IGNORE LIST for a reason. he can't stay on topic, but resorts primarily to ad hominem attacks that come to light (for me) when others quote his drivel.
    That thread was fun to read, I laughed my a$$ off.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-17-11 at 11:28 AM.
    05-17-11 11:25 AM
    ROTFLMFAO!

HE should know drivel!!!
    What about that other one? I'm expecially on HIS list too!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-17-11 at 11:37 AM.
    05-17-11 11:27 AM
    ROTFLMFAO!

HE should know drivel!!!
    What about that other one? I'm expecially on HIS list too!
    ROFL

10char
    05-17-11 11:38 AM
    True this^. Addicts in rehab have been known to babble. As for riling the Queen, there are advantages to living in the west and being 3 hours behind east coasters could be one. We can ramble unabated into the wee hours when all the royalty is tucked snug into their beds.
    West coast? Oh yes! Dry Heave, AZ 85xxx
    05-17-11 11:46 AM
    West coast? Oh yes! Dry Heave, AZ 85xxx
    Hey, it's the politicos that give us the dry heaves around here. Not going there right now.
    A more pleasant thought is I put the 524 on my bold with the 436 radio file from the 466 leak. I'm hoping for a good combo. When I ran 524 previously my only real complaint was the occasional dropped call anyway, so hopefully this will be a good combo for me. I see some fresh pics on the rim site for the 9930. more teasers.
    05-17-11 12:36 PM
    Hey, it's the politicos that give us the dry heaves around here. Not going there right now.
    A more pleasant thought is I put the 524 on my bold with the 436 radio file from the 466 leak. I'm hoping for a good combo. When I ran 524 previously my only real complaint was the occasional dropped call anyway, so hopefully this will be a good combo for me. I see some fresh pics on the rim site for the 9930. more teasers.
    6.0.0.466 leak has the 376 radio, AFIK

9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel1995_PL4.4.0.376_A6.0.0.466
    05-17-11 01:04 PM
    6.0.0.466 leak has the 376 radio, AFIK

9650_512cmpttAMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel1995_PL4.4.0.376_A6.0.0.466
    Correct. The 524 has the 378 which I had certain issues with. Pardon my typo from previous post, i was in a dry heave attack, just read the morning news
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-17-11 at 01:08 PM.
    05-17-11 01:06 PM
    Probably a good move. I loaded v5 last night, and while it runs very nicely, the email setup doesn't work. I downloaded and installed the updated installer this morning -- no change. Then I tried the suggestions in the v5 thread with no success. I'll likely sit tight for now, hoping to find a solution. I don't have to add an email account yet. I'm also thinking of doing what you just did, or at least going back to KV4.

EDIT: BigBadWulf just posted a fix. I'll stick with this hybrid for now.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-17-11 at 01:46 PM.
    05-17-11 01:20 PM
    Probably a good move. I loaded v5 last night, and while it runs very nicely, the email setup doesn't work. I downloaded and installed the updated installer this morning -- no change. Then I tried the suggestions in the v5 thread with no success. I'll likely sit tight for now, hoping to find a solution. I don't have to add an email account yet. I'm also thinking of doing what you just did, or at least going back to KV4.
    I must say i've been getting a tad annoyed with the trivialities of the issues that seem to always come with hybrids. Something to bug, always. They can have certain advantages. but for the most part they need to be weighed with the hassles and issues. I'm happy with my choice and glad to have a reliable radio in here as that was really my only gripe with it previously.
    I still could not load KV5 this morning and after trying everything I could think of I just said "F" it and moved on. Then I read about more issues cropping up with it and am glad in my decision. I was kind of missing my calendar pop ups also. Heck if the king of snark,links and formerly hybrids has been running this since day one, there must be something good about it.
    05-17-11 01:41 PM
23,186 ... 596597598599600 ...