OMG, was that a pcgizmo sighting?
    Move along.... Nothing to see here! I'm only here as an observer of the lamitude!
    05-16-11 01:24 PM
    Thx for the heads up on the BIS article 99, I'll have a look at it when I get a chance as well

Ok, Hamster, your another Xplicit theme fan, I'll have to see what the rave is about! The purple version of course, unless there's a pink one avail LOL
    Holy canolli's Pauly Walnuts, PCGizmo made an appearance
    What's the holiday?!?! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 01:58 PM
    Holy canolli's Pauly Walnuts, PCGizmo made an appearance
    What's the holiday?!?! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I heard the BS continues in this thread, how could I not comment on it????
    05-16-11 02:02 PM
    Wow. Bin Laden's gone. The price of gas is dropping. PC is back. Is all again right with the world?
    05-16-11 02:11 PM
    Wow. Bin Laden's gone. The price of gas is dropping. PC is back. Is all again right with the world?
    Not really
    05-16-11 02:22 PM
    Hey Paul, welcome back to the insanity of our addictions. Can we be rehabilitated is the question. I do like your new avatar. Kind of sets my mood.
    Everyone's raving about KV4 right now so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get it on. Maybe a java swap would do, then a cdma radio file swap to get the 466 which works best for me. Geeez ....kind of a hassle...yeah the insanity of the addiction keeps going and going and going
    Looking ahead to the 9930 release coming soon (he hopes optimistically) We don't have much further to go to hit that 1000th page kids.
    05-16-11 02:38 PM
    Hey Paul, welcome back to the insanity of our addictions. Can we be rehabilitated is the question. I do like your new avatar. Kind of sets my mood.
    Everyone's raving about KV4 right now so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get it on. Maybe a java swap would do, then a cdma radio file swap to get the 466 which works best for me. Geeez ....kind of a hassle...yeah the insanity of the addiction keeps going and going and going
    Looking ahead to the 9930 release coming soon (he hopes optimistically) We don't have much further to go to hit that 1000th page kids.
    I did a Java swap over 466 to install v4 and it worked great. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for 4.5 as well. I've got the v4.5 already, but just haven't installed it yet, since v4 is running so well.

We'd be at 1000 already if those six or seven pages of a hundred or so posts hadn't gone missing this morning...
    05-16-11 02:45 PM
    Hey Jim, I'm not really back, hence the avatar. I'm just here to post the comment at #14881, and give some feedback on a theme I'm trying. I am soooooooooo tired of my 9650 that I'm resorting to themes to help quell the boredom.
    05-16-11 02:46 PM
    I did a Java swap over 466 to install v4 and it worked great. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for 4.5 as well. I've got the v4.5 already, but just haven't installed it yet, since v4 is running so well.

We'd be at 1000 already if those six or seven pages of a hundred or so posts hadn't gone missing this morning...
    Weird about the posts, but only numbers.
    I have Kings V4 on and find it really great, did a java swap to get it since my app loader is funky. I'm def liking the 466 radio file tho as I have yet to drop a call with it and the 524 happened sometimes. I'm wondering if it's all the shrinkage I do that is the root cause of that issue. No matter, I'm downloading the files to do the deed soon. Your talking about the version 5 right? Thats the latest getting rave reviews.
    05-16-11 02:53 PM
    Hey Jim, I'm not really back, hence the avatar. I'm just here to post the comment at #14881, and give some feedback on a theme I'm trying. I am soooooooooo tired of my 9650 that I'm resorting to themes to help quell the boredom.
    I had a feeling the avatar was speaking. I'm not tired of the bold to much. but it's hard with the 9930 coming. That will be my next. You going for it or something else?
    05-16-11 02:55 PM
    Eeewwww! Themes.

I have used them, but keep going back to the simple OS6 UI. At the end of the day, while it's nice to change up the look and feel of the phone, my Bold runs better without custom themes.

I'm bored as well with my phone. In mid-June, I'll have been using this same Bold for a year! A year! Can you imagine? I've had an upgrade available for this line since March of last year, just waiting for something new.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-16-11 at 03:06 PM.
    05-16-11 03:03 PM
    Weird about the posts, but only numbers.
    I have Kings V4 on and find it really great, did a java swap to get it since my app loader is funky. I'm def liking the 466 radio file tho as I have yet to drop a call with it and the 524 happened sometimes. I'm wondering if it's all the shrinkage I do that is the root cause of that issue. No matter, I'm downloading the files to do the deed soon. Your talking about the version 5 right? Thats the latest getting rave reviews.
    I am still running the latest version (after his fixes) of KV4.0. I downloaded v4.5, to make sure that I got it, but I have not yet installed it on my phone.
    05-16-11 03:05 PM
    Yeah, same here as most of us rehabbers, I've had my bold since release day. A year is a long time when I consider how often I used to change up. It's better tho and less cash outlay. I hope the bold touch keeps me interested as long as this bold.
    05-16-11 03:07 PM
    I am still running the latest version (after his fixes) of KV4.0. I downloaded v4.5, to make sure that I got it, but I have not yet installed it on my phone.
    I think he's calling it V5. Thats what threw me. I'm gonna get it on here in the next few and give it a spin.
    05-16-11 03:08 PM
    I had a feeling the avatar was speaking. I'm not tired of the bold to much. but it's hard with the 9930 coming. That will be my next. You going for it or something else?
    Probably headed elsewhere. But I'll give 9930 a look-over before I decide on anything.
    05-16-11 03:09 PM
    I think he's calling it V5. Thats what threw me. I'm gonna get it on here in the next few and give it a spin.
    He was talking of a new v5 as well. I'm not sure if he's released it yet. He was going to wait for something new to leak out.

EDIT: Check that. It looks like he released v5 last night. A lot of 6.1.x files in it.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-16-11 at 03:12 PM.
    05-16-11 03:10 PM
    Eeewwww! Themes.

I have used them, but keep going back to the simple OS6 UI. At the end of the day, while it's nice to change up the look and feel of the phone, my Bold runs better without custom themes.

I'm bored as well with my phone. In mid-June, I'll have been using this same Bold for a year! A year! Can you imagine? I've had an upgrade available for this line since March of last year, just waiting for something new.
    I agree, themes suck.

I too will have had this Bold for a year on June 19th. I've never gone this long with a BlackBerry. Pearl lasted 5 months, Curve lasted 2 1/2 months, Storm 6 months, Storm2 2 months, and then Bold.

I've been eligible for an upgrade since January 17th, but if I swap phones I lose the $15/150Mb data plan. So I'm stuck with this thing until it dies and have no choice, or they offer that plan again.
    05-16-11 03:15 PM
    Eeewwww! Themes.

I agree, themes suck.

I too will have had this Bold for a year on June 19th. I've never gone this long with a BlackBerry. Pearl lasted 5 months, Curve lasted 2 1/2 months, Storm 6 months, Storm2 2 months, and then Bold.

I've been eligible for an upgrade since January 17th, but if I swap phones I lose the $15/150Mb data plan. So I'm stuck with this thing until it dies and have no choice, or they offer that plan again.
    You guys amaze me. 6 months too long to have a phone? I had my 8330 for 2 and a half YEARS before I got this Bold and because of the money will have this one for 2 YEARS as well.

Oh well, hope everyone finds whatever makes them happy.
    05-16-11 03:22 PM
    I didn't say that themes suck. Far from it. OK, maybe some do. I've just found that customizing this thing just makes it a bit sluggish and somewhat unstable. I run a theme for a while, then switch back to the OS6 UI.

I checked with Big Red over the weekend to verify that I would keep my $10 unlimited data plan with a new phone. As long as I have a data plan on a smartphone, I get to keep it, even if I change to a Droid or iPhone.
    05-16-11 03:27 PM
    I agree, themes suck.

So your due an upgrade and if you get another BB they will still cut off your current deal? I couldn't make it on 150mb and I don't do that much web/data stuff.
    Regarding themes, I have noticed some do make it run sluggish, but the ones I make don't.
    05-16-11 03:28 PM
    You guys amaze me. 6 months too long to have a phone? I had my 8330 for 2 and a half YEARS before I got this Bold and because of the money will have this one for 2 YEARS as well.

The last phone that I bought was the Tour in the fall of 2009. I paid $99 for two of them. With various discounts, including NE2 and my primary line discount, I don't plan to pay more than $50 for the 9930 either. Aside from the trackpad starting to peel, and my USB port now losing it's grippers, there is nothing wrong with my 9650, so if the 9930 costs more than I want to spend, I'll stay put with the 9650. I don't mind paying $30 or so a year to have the new device.
    05-16-11 03:35 PM
    So your due an upgrade and if you get another BB they will still cut off your current deal? I couldn't make it on 150mb and I don't do that much web/data stuff.
    Regarding themes, I have noticed some do make it run sluggish, but the ones I make don't.
    That's how it appears. When you sign a new contact to get the discounted device, they don't have to offer you the same terms as your last deal. Now, if someone wanted to pay full freight for the device and not change their deal, that would likely be an option.
    05-16-11 03:38 PM
    I didn't say that themes suck. Far from it. OK, maybe some do. I've just found that customizing this thing just makes it a bit sluggish and somewhat unstable. I run a theme for a while, then switch back to the OS6 UI.

I checked with Big Red over the weekend to verify that I would keep my $10 unlimited data plan with a new phone. As long as I have a data plan on a smartphone, I get to keep it, even if I change to a Droid or iPhone.
    I just called VZW and Jessica told me that I cannot change devices without changing the data plan.

You said "Ewwww, themes!" I agree. I said themes suck; akin to lipstick on a pig.

6 months is an eternity: look at how many Droids pop up in 6 months. You can't judge by RIM, they're the last to the table and it's old stuff when they finally arrive.

I cut down on the data sucking apps a while back. I just did a wipe/reload over the weekend and removed all the apps I don't really use, like Google Maps, Google Voice, BB Traffic etc. I tried BB NewsFeeds or whatever it's called for about 5 minutes. Wasn't wasting a single MB on that nonsense.

BBM, text, emails, some FB/Twitter (over wifi only) is about it. I'm spending more time living life, and less time with my face in front of my phone.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 05-16-11 at 04:15 PM.
    05-16-11 04:00 PM
    I'm spending more time living life, and less time with my face in front of my phone.
    +1 for that. Sounds like a plan
    05-16-11 04:14 PM
    That's how it appears. When you sign a new contact to get the discounted device, they don't have to offer you the same terms as your last deal. Now, if someone wanted to pay full freight for the device and not change their deal, that would likely be an option.
    I was told "the new Droid phones require the unlimited data plan". I asked "why would that be? My current smartphone runs just fine with a limited plan". After a few "Ummm, well, you see..." stutters, I said "No, the phones do not require unlimited data, Verizon requires unlimited data, correct?"
    05-16-11 04:18 PM
23,186 ... 594595596597598 ...