Jaydee....I GAINED that much mem, not leaked it

I normally lose about 40 or so these days But I do change up a lot so whatever I say.

Midd's working on a couple of bugs but should be out soon
    Oh haha so you DID gain!
    Well, that's a switch. Thought you were gonna set a new record...or get close to my record of 120MB...

ACK!!!!! I completely forgot about my BBM news!
    It's fixed!
    I upgraded to BBM 6 beta on Midd's recommendation (and Paul's) and I am happy with it!
    Now my elusive contact can communicate with me. Good thing. We have been friends for a long time and I would hate to think we were relegated to PIN messages from now on.
    Must have been a network issue...he's on AT &T and me Big Red so whatever was wrong yesterday seems to have worked itself out!!!

Thanks for asking!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-11-11 at 07:44 AM.
    05-11-11 07:41 AM
    g'morn all ye' peoples!

well, hamster, that was nice to see that increase, even for just a short lived time. at least you know your baby is CAPABLE of having #'s like that!

Jaydee, still no go on the bbm thing huh? sorry to hear that. Honestly, IDEK what version i have, i only have my son and daughter on it (woohoo-2 whole contacts!LOL) and still dont really use it.

anyway, trying to catch up on a couple of batex requests, 2 to go, and then i'm done! i'm gonna set up a wooden stand like Lucy did on Charlie Brown! LOL the sign will read - ".99cent batex's custom made" lmao!

BTW, i'm enjoying Attire by Pmobile too its a very nice theme.

OH YEAH! as for Midd's new theme, "Adler" your right Jaydee, I honestly don't have enough themes so I need to add to my COLLECTION! LMAO!
    Haha P!nk..I know I was like WTF? but it was nice even for a short while.
    Lovin all your battex! You are a master at this..lol at setting up shop..I like that!

Oh haha so you DID gain!
    Well, that's a switch. Thought you were gonna set a new record...or get close to my record of 120MB...

ACK!!!!! I completely forgot about my BBM news!
    It's fixed!
    I upgraded to BBM 6 beta on Midd's recommendation (and Paul's) and I am happy with it!
    Now my elusive contact can communicate with me. Good thing. We have been friends for a long time and I would hate to think we were relegated to PIN messages from now on.
    Must have been a network issue...he's on AT &T and me Big Red so whatever was wrong yesterday seems to have worked itself out!!!

Thanks for asking!!
    Glad you got it fixed...I might try the new one now too...
    05-11-11 07:51 AM
    Jaydee, glad to hear the bbm issue worked out for you! *thumbs up*

lol, hamster, master? maybe not yet...getting there, yes slowly but surely. the great thing is, if i need help i PM curvedthumb and hes been great about helping me out
    05-11-11 08:25 AM
    Good afternoon rambletopians,

I haven't posted in a few days, been kinda busy with all sorts of stuff. Finally, after much pondering, I think I've arrived at a plan for moving forward with my next theme so I'm hoping to be able to give Sky something to analyze with his hammer v.soon.

It's been nice and warm here in sunny eastern MD.

Has anyone else jumped on the new facebook and twitter builds from the blackberry beta zone? They are worth checking out. Not sure if BBM6 is available for OS5, I shall have to check.

Russ.
    05-11-11 11:12 AM
    I loaded the new Twitter beta and dumped it after two full days. I had run and deleted T4BB several times because of the huge battery drain. I was hoping that things would be different this time. I loaded it and restarted my phone, and just waited for a day before I even logged into Twitter. So,for that first day, T4BB beta was on my phone but not doing anytning. My power consumption increased almost 60%. I restarted again, and logged into Twitter, and my power drain was constant. I dumped the Twitter client and my power drain has gone back to approx 3.2%. I don't mind having the T4BB client, but not at the power cost.
    05-11-11 11:46 AM
    I loaded the new Twitter beta and dumped it after two full days. I had run and deleted T4BB several times because of the huge battery drain. I was hoping that things would be different this time. I loaded it and restarted my phone, and just waited for a day before I even logged into Twitter. So,for that first day, T4BB beta was on my phone but not doing anytning. My power consumption increased almost 60%. I restarted again, and logged into Twitter, and my power drain was constant. I dumped the Twitter client and my power drain has gone back to approx 3.2%. I don't mind having the T4BB client, but not at the power cost.
    I am using SocialScope. Love it.
    Anyway for you to get on it? I find it easier to use than Twitter and T4BB.
    I have never had a battery problem with it either. I actually installed and uninstalled Twitter4BB several times before I settled on SocialScope.
    05-11-11 11:53 AM
    I am using SocialScope. Love it.
    Anyway for you to get on it? I find it easier to use than Twitter and T4BB.
    I have never had a battery problem with it either. I actually installed and uninstalled Twitter4BB several times before I settled on SocialScope.
    Yes, I have SS. Works a lot better than the T4BB client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 02:00 PM
    I'm getting that OS-change itch again. In the absence of any new leak, has anybody tried King's newest hybrid?
    05-11-11 02:36 PM
    I had it all loaded and ready to go and my app loader did the broken error again so I said F it. Something about hybrids lately causes this. Anyway I didn't feel like messing with it. I'm still happy with my os as is and just trying to scratch the itch
    , Well hassle over ruled the scratching so I'm gonna stay put. I really have no complaints anyway and could have made it worse, who knows?
    I'm looking ahead to the bold touch. What with the ebay sale that was abruptly closed of the supposed 5 units with 1 sold prior to the close, I'm starting to think the actual release can't be to far off now. Very typical to see someone trying to jump in front of a release for a buck. I'm going to be all over it with my NE2.
    05-11-11 03:42 PM
    Someone on Twitter said the 6.0.0.565 has been spotted for the 9650? But no leak yet. I guess a 9650 was spotted running it maybe?

I dunno. I'm outta the loop on hybrids.
    05-11-11 03:46 PM
    Weird how different berries react differently to the same application. I found that SS and some of the other twitter clients killed my battery, but T4BB is excellent with it. Weird.

I found the BBM 6.0 beta and loaded that, doesn't look much different though.
    05-11-11 03:55 PM
    Someone on Twitter said the 6.0.0.565 has been spotted for the 9650? But no leak yet. I guess a 9650 was spotted running it maybe?

I dunno. I'm outta the loop on hybrids.
    An "official" leak would be really nice, maybe new/better radio. Unfortunately twitter ranks pretty low on the reliability scale for me. But one never knows.
    05-11-11 03:59 PM
    Oh, I have no complaints WRT how my phone working. Its never run so well. That's the only reason that I haven't jumped on that new hybrid.

I also will be all over the 9930 when Big Red releases it. I really like this little phone, but the bigger display and keyboard (OK, and the touchscreen) will be too much to pass up.

05-11-11 04:19 PM
    We should start a chatter group about the 9930 here. I'd be curious how many ramblers are going for it for starters. I guess the theme addicts(ladies)are staying put for the most part. Speaking of os7 themes, I've seen quite a few screen shots of the oem theme and screen and doesn't it look an awful lot like the os6? Is it the size of the screen that prevents it from working? To bad cause a plain color theme could stretch and maybe work as a fit. I'm just thinking aloud, maybe Russ will chime in with some straight scoop. In the meantime we'll have wallies.
    05-11-11 04:41 PM
    We should start a chatter group about the 9930 here. I'd be curious how many ramblers are going for it for starters. I guess the theme addicts(ladies)are staying put for the most part. Speaking of os7 themes, I've seen quite a few screen shots of the oem theme and screen and doesn't it look an awful lot like the os6? Is it the size of the screen that prevents it from working? To bad cause a plain color theme could stretch and maybe work as a fit. I'm just thinking aloud, maybe Russ will chime in with some straight scoop. In the meantime we'll have wallies.
    Currently, theme "sharing" between device models works on the screen size, OS level and interface type (i.e. touch / non-touch) being the same. I tend to produce the following builds for my themes:

480x360 OS5 non-touch (9650, 9700, 8900, 8910, 8930, 8980 & 9630)
    480x360 OS6 non-touch (9650, 9700 & 9780)
    360x480 OS5 touch (Storm and Storm2)
    360x480 OS6 touch (Torch)

So, the difference in the OS version, screen size and interface will block current themes from working on the new Bold Touch. Hopefully, TB7 will be a lot quicker in the pipeline than TB6 and, hopefully, a lot less buggy!
    05-11-11 04:48 PM
    Thanks russ. Everybody seems to compare the 9000 size wise to the 9930. I'm not up on screen sizes is the 9000 same as the 9930? If so those themes would fit. I'm guessing it's 2.4" tho. Too bad. In anycase for me the goodness that will be the 9930 certainly over rules having extra themes out the gate.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-11-11 at 05:00 PM.
    05-11-11 04:58 PM
    The issue is in the screen resolution rather than its physical size. The 9930 will have a 640x480 display which is bigger than any other BB available at the moment. The 9000 is 480x320 which is even lower rez than the 9650 (480x360).
    05-11-11 05:12 PM
    So, the difference in the OS version, screen size and interface will block current themes from working on the new Bold Touch. Hopefully, TB7 will be a lot quicker in the pipeline than TB6 and, hopefully, a lot less buggy!
    It would HAVE to be quicker out of the gate, right? Recall that there is still no official TB6!

05-11-11 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the info Russ, makes sense. I'm hoping for the 9930 before august.
    05-11-11 06:22 PM
    I hope that gets here before August. I still have my original Bold from the VZW Tour Upgrade Frenzy last June, and I'm not sure that I can hold out for another three months.
    05-12-11 12:48 AM
    Thanks russ. Everybody seems to compare the 9000 size wise to the 9930. I'm not up on screen sizes is the 9000 same as the 9930? If so those themes would fit. I'm guessing it's 2.4" tho. Too bad. In anycase for me the goodness that will be the 9930 certainly over rules having extra themes out the gate.
    You know who disagrees with you, right?
    And if TB6 is still not out of beta, who wants to wait 6 months before we get themes for the 9930? Not me! haha

It will probably come with some **** ugly theme like OS6 did.
    Who writes those things????
    05-12-11 05:08 AM
    And if TB6 is still not out of beta, who wants to wait 6 months before we get themes for the 9930? Not me! haha

It's still not offical, but the beta has ended. So it will be interesting if an office gets released or they jump into 7 beta.
    05-12-11 07:12 AM

i'm right with ya on that one Jaydee. I WILL NOT go w/out my themes anymore either!
    It's still not offical, but the beta has ended. So it will be interesting if an office gets released or they jump into 7 beta.
    this won't surprise me in the least bit if they do that.

BTW Midd, Adler is looking good! i'm waiting......patiently LOL

G'morn to everyone! its looking like a nice day here!
    05-12-11 07:17 AM
    Go without themes Are you mad

I'm with the girls on this one, lol!
    05-12-11 07:50 AM
    No wonder we were put in rehab, look at the addiction here!

05-12-11 10:31 AM
23,186 ... 588589590591592 ...